Topic: !!!!NEW GORN STARSHIPS!!!!  (Read 13733 times)

Azel

!!!!NEW GORN STARSHIPS!!!!
« on: June 12, 2003, 06:49:15 pm »
Hope you guys like them:
http://www.frost-works.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11744#11744

Enjoy

MORE TO COME  

WhiteKnight

Re: !!!!NEW GORN STARSHIPS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 07:02:44 pm »
WOW!!!!! great stuff.I'd say more but my jaw hurts from hitting the floor.

Azel

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 09:22:39 pm »
 TNG Ships:

Command Cruiser

Light Cruiser

Dreadnought

Frigate

TMP Ships:

Heavy Cruiser

Frigate

Hope you like'em

James Formo

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 10:30:11 pm »
Dam Azel. Those are truly breath taking. Look out for the Gorn now!  There is no stopping you-awesome.

I will be replacing my delapitated Gorn tmp fleet if these will be downloadable soon.  Can't wait.  

Azel

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 11:15:11 pm »
Thanks Guys
they are ready and playable...but lack Lightmaps and Brkmods...(I haven't figured out the "mastery" of the proceedure)
:P

But agaign they are playable
James find me on MSN Atolm:)

Whiteknight:
Thanks for the words of support...I appreciate it very much so

now to get Mackie to host em

MACKIE!!!!!  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 11:41:25 pm »
Wow great!  Simply awesome!

damo1

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 02:17:39 am »
they look cool  

LongTooth

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2003, 05:50:32 am »
Great looking ships thanks
BTW if you want I can tell you how to do a quick and cheep way of doing it
If you download the sfc3 mod tools thers a pdf file thats got it all (have to have max tho)
Light maps are just a gray scale of the texture applyed to the mesh(not done them my self but I think thats how there done)  

Marauth

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2003, 07:32:19 am »
I really like the TNG ships, they really remind me of the Geiger Alien shapes, very smooth and organic, very flowing, if they were in grey&black&silver they'd fit in the next Alien film. Me likey, I don't know about the vertical discs on the TMP ones, I think they'd look better rotated round 1/2pi radians (90 degrees) like the SFB Gorn, but modern. If you keep making these ships we're gonna have to have a full blown manga-SFC mod!

Azel

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2003, 09:44:36 pm »
Thanks Guys!!!!

Sorry about all the pics

And thanks for the support
Yes more to come soon

Lestat: "I don't know about the vertical discs on the TMP ones, I think they'd look better rotated round 1/2pi radians (90 degrees) like the SFB Gorn, but modern. If you keep making these ships we're gonna have to have a full blown manga-SFC mod! "

I understand your thinking on this...I was running the Idea over in my head when I first drew the designs a while back...the reason for  Vertical saucer is in its originality over tradition...I love the SFB Gorn ships, as well as the FASA stuff, and the SFC ships...but the horizontal saucers to me are much more indicative to the Feds and the Andromeans...I mean ok the Gorn first started with horizontal saucers for a good amount of time...but by the time of late TMP stuff has to change...as in most stuff in ST...
But I'll tell you this not all the ships that I designed for this Era are totally like this...I have a few Transitional designs(as well as some transition designs from this late TMP era towards the TNG stuff you see here ), that will make the change from horizontal towards vertical orientations...infact some of the BC's and DN's will have a horizontal saucer that intersects the vertical one...creating a "cross" shape in its foward view.
Also if you look at the shape of the nacelles of the TNG ships they are in a circular/disk shape

Hope that clarifies my thinking on the subjects
thanks Lestat for the suggestion and inquiry

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!
I hope to have a site I can upload them to for you guys to gain access

Chrystoff

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 09:47:12 pm »
I've never been a Gorn fan, but your ships will make a believer out of anyone!  

Azel

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2003, 09:49:52 pm »
hey thanks man

E_Look

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2003, 12:48:22 am »
And who says nuthin' good ever comes outta Brooklyn!  

Azel

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2003, 10:30:28 pm »
LOL!!!!  

Stormbringer

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2003, 09:47:13 am »
You may have seen my request for TMP era Gorns (dating back to almost four years ago) based on fasa designs but during the era of the FED Gorn technological exchange. Your ships are the closest I've seen so far. They are all good and some fit the bill completely. Despite your qualms for having the ships look too much like Feds with the saucers, I had envisioned them slightly more Fed like due to the exchange. I am thinking about mucking through the design process myself to achieve my vision though not until my time frees up a bit. (unless of course you beat me to it...[and it looks like you might])

Azel

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2003, 11:30:50 pm »
Stormbringer1701
Sorry that I beat you to the Chase man...But glad you like them
They should be up at www.themackiestuff.com soon

BTW: what is this about a Gorn/Federation Tech exchange???
any more info???

Thanks  

Reverend

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2003, 11:45:50 pm »
buh...buh..buh...buh...
beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reminds me of Aliens!!
they are the perfect advesary for that Eowolf, don't you think?  

Stormbringer

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2003, 01:12:12 am »
Quote:

Stormbringer1701

any more info???

Thanks  

Not much. I played SFB decades ago. I seem to recall reading that the Gorns and Fed signed a treaty sometime after Kirk's famous duel with the gorn captain. They exchanged technology and it resulted in Gorns using Fed hull manufacturing techniques and a few rare weapons tech sales.This is why later the Gorns and Feds aided each other a lot in the SFB timelines. I think it was official SFB material but cannot say for sure after all this time. It is possible that it was just house rules. I was going to make mine look like extreme kit bashes of the TMP connie saucer and nacelles with gorn colors, weapons and sigils but following the general silouettes of the FASA ships.

Rod O'neal

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2003, 01:35:27 am »
Quote:

Stormbringer1701

any more info???

Thanks  

It wasn't "house rules". I don't remember all the details myself, but I do remember it's how the Feds got plasma technology and the Gorns got fighters.  

James Formo

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2003, 01:42:12 am »
Wow-can't get over how nice these look. I like the TMP ones the best. The textures kinda look Aztec. Really cool.

Hand drawn?

Mackie, Hope you have enough bandwidth for the stampede when these babies go up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by James Formo »