Topic: !!!!NEW GORN STARSHIPS!!!!  (Read 13732 times)

Azel

!!!!NEW GORN STARSHIPS!!!!
« on: June 12, 2003, 06:49:15 pm »
Hope you guys like them:
http://www.frost-works.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11744#11744

Enjoy

MORE TO COME  

WhiteKnight

Re: !!!!NEW GORN STARSHIPS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 07:02:44 pm »
WOW!!!!! great stuff.I'd say more but my jaw hurts from hitting the floor.

Azel

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 09:22:39 pm »
 TNG Ships:

Command Cruiser

Light Cruiser

Dreadnought

Frigate

TMP Ships:

Heavy Cruiser

Frigate

Hope you like'em

James Formo

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 10:30:11 pm »
Dam Azel. Those are truly breath taking. Look out for the Gorn now!  There is no stopping you-awesome.

I will be replacing my delapitated Gorn tmp fleet if these will be downloadable soon.  Can't wait.  

Azel

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 11:15:11 pm »
Thanks Guys
they are ready and playable...but lack Lightmaps and Brkmods...(I haven't figured out the "mastery" of the proceedure)
:P

But agaign they are playable
James find me on MSN Atolm:)

Whiteknight:
Thanks for the words of support...I appreciate it very much so

now to get Mackie to host em

MACKIE!!!!!  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 11:41:25 pm »
Wow great!  Simply awesome!

damo1

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 02:17:39 am »
they look cool  

LongTooth

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2003, 05:50:32 am »
Great looking ships thanks
BTW if you want I can tell you how to do a quick and cheep way of doing it
If you download the sfc3 mod tools thers a pdf file thats got it all (have to have max tho)
Light maps are just a gray scale of the texture applyed to the mesh(not done them my self but I think thats how there done)  

Marauth

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2003, 07:32:19 am »
I really like the TNG ships, they really remind me of the Geiger Alien shapes, very smooth and organic, very flowing, if they were in grey&black&silver they'd fit in the next Alien film. Me likey, I don't know about the vertical discs on the TMP ones, I think they'd look better rotated round 1/2pi radians (90 degrees) like the SFB Gorn, but modern. If you keep making these ships we're gonna have to have a full blown manga-SFC mod!

Azel

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2003, 09:44:36 pm »
Thanks Guys!!!!

Sorry about all the pics

And thanks for the support
Yes more to come soon

Lestat: "I don't know about the vertical discs on the TMP ones, I think they'd look better rotated round 1/2pi radians (90 degrees) like the SFB Gorn, but modern. If you keep making these ships we're gonna have to have a full blown manga-SFC mod! "

I understand your thinking on this...I was running the Idea over in my head when I first drew the designs a while back...the reason for  Vertical saucer is in its originality over tradition...I love the SFB Gorn ships, as well as the FASA stuff, and the SFC ships...but the horizontal saucers to me are much more indicative to the Feds and the Andromeans...I mean ok the Gorn first started with horizontal saucers for a good amount of time...but by the time of late TMP stuff has to change...as in most stuff in ST...
But I'll tell you this not all the ships that I designed for this Era are totally like this...I have a few Transitional designs(as well as some transition designs from this late TMP era towards the TNG stuff you see here ), that will make the change from horizontal towards vertical orientations...infact some of the BC's and DN's will have a horizontal saucer that intersects the vertical one...creating a "cross" shape in its foward view.
Also if you look at the shape of the nacelles of the TNG ships they are in a circular/disk shape

Hope that clarifies my thinking on the subjects
thanks Lestat for the suggestion and inquiry

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!
I hope to have a site I can upload them to for you guys to gain access

Chrystoff

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 09:47:12 pm »
I've never been a Gorn fan, but your ships will make a believer out of anyone!  

Azel

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2003, 09:49:52 pm »
hey thanks man

E_Look

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2003, 12:48:22 am »
And who says nuthin' good ever comes outta Brooklyn!  

Azel

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2003, 10:30:28 pm »
LOL!!!!  

Stormbringer

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2003, 09:47:13 am »
You may have seen my request for TMP era Gorns (dating back to almost four years ago) based on fasa designs but during the era of the FED Gorn technological exchange. Your ships are the closest I've seen so far. They are all good and some fit the bill completely. Despite your qualms for having the ships look too much like Feds with the saucers, I had envisioned them slightly more Fed like due to the exchange. I am thinking about mucking through the design process myself to achieve my vision though not until my time frees up a bit. (unless of course you beat me to it...[and it looks like you might])

Azel

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2003, 11:30:50 pm »
Stormbringer1701
Sorry that I beat you to the Chase man...But glad you like them
They should be up at www.themackiestuff.com soon

BTW: what is this about a Gorn/Federation Tech exchange???
any more info???

Thanks  

Reverend

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2003, 11:45:50 pm »
buh...buh..buh...buh...
beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reminds me of Aliens!!
they are the perfect advesary for that Eowolf, don't you think?  

Stormbringer

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2003, 01:12:12 am »
Quote:

Stormbringer1701

any more info???

Thanks  

Not much. I played SFB decades ago. I seem to recall reading that the Gorns and Fed signed a treaty sometime after Kirk's famous duel with the gorn captain. They exchanged technology and it resulted in Gorns using Fed hull manufacturing techniques and a few rare weapons tech sales.This is why later the Gorns and Feds aided each other a lot in the SFB timelines. I think it was official SFB material but cannot say for sure after all this time. It is possible that it was just house rules. I was going to make mine look like extreme kit bashes of the TMP connie saucer and nacelles with gorn colors, weapons and sigils but following the general silouettes of the FASA ships.

Rod O'neal

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2003, 01:35:27 am »
Quote:

Stormbringer1701

any more info???

Thanks  

It wasn't "house rules". I don't remember all the details myself, but I do remember it's how the Feds got plasma technology and the Gorns got fighters.  

James Formo

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2003, 01:42:12 am »
Wow-can't get over how nice these look. I like the TMP ones the best. The textures kinda look Aztec. Really cool.

Hand drawn?

Mackie, Hope you have enough bandwidth for the stampede when these babies go up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by James Formo »

Azel

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2003, 09:56:00 am »
wow that makes perfect sense as to why and where the Feds got Plasma tech in SFC
Thanks for the info guys...Now I have to make some hybridized Gorn ships

James Formo:

Thanks man...I appreciate the kind words
And the textures(as always   ) are hand drawn...more to come

Reverend

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2003, 12:34:36 pm »
Really James? I am kinda sweet on the TNG ones- of course, its like comparing Jessica Alba and Marlene Dietrich- both are wonderfully beautiful, just different generations...  

manitoba

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2003, 04:28:39 pm »
hey i need u to resend them to me again. i had to reformat my whole HD. lost almost all my files. what a real bummer. ecspecially when i had all ur ships done with brk models for u. so send them unfornately i cant do light maps yet. but brk models are a walk in the park for me. about 2 mins to do each model if that long.  so send tham all to me again

James Formo

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2003, 05:10:41 pm »
Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The gorn fleet lost in a black hole on the hard drive transit. I will dispatch the U.S.S. Black Elk with out haste and launch an investigation at once. Hope they get break models soon and leave dry dock. I am taking heavy casualities in the neutral zone and must be reinforced post haste.

Reverend

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2003, 06:56:40 pm »
Yeah, uuh.. my ship has taken some direct hits and hiding in a nebula like a injured kitten, and I need a backup Gorn fleet on the double... complete with cheese loadouts.. yeah, thats it.. heh heh...  dad blam them Borgs!  

Reverend

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2003, 08:11:24 pm »
Ministers of righteousness and angels of mercy defend me, I cannot hold it in any longer-

will you please post a notice when you have finished them up? Pardon me, I just haven't bee this excited in awhile!  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2003, 10:34:32 pm »
Quote:

Ministers of righteousness and angels of mercy defend me, I cannot hold it in any longer-

will you please post a notice when you have finished them up? Pardon me, I just haven't bee this excited in awhile!  

Agreed!!! I can't wait to see these myself. Especially the TNGs, and I'm not a fan of the TNG at all. These are especially sweet though    

Azel

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2003, 10:50:50 pm »
Rod O'neal:
"Agreed!!! I can't wait to see these myself. Especially the TNGs, and I'm not a fan of the TNG at all. These are especially sweet though"

Oh man if I can get someone who doesn't really care for TNG and Post TNG to like my ships...then my job is done
Thanks man

Manitoba:
I will try to get them to you as soon as I see you online again  

Reverend

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2003, 11:17:41 pm »
If it helps, I didn't like TNG at first either..... ?
ha ha
please do not stop making ships, Azel/Atolm- yours are always hands down the wildest yet tangible designs! Did you have any cooked up that didn't make the grade? If so, could you post them,  just for fun at least? I'd sure like to see them, as well as everyone else.

According to what Stormbrtinger and Lestat said, maybe some of the S sectons would look nifty 90 degrees around- but I really do favor those TNG designs- they are totally original, and really...................... when you look at them a while, they really DO ''look like spaceships that dinosaur people would fly'', according to my girlfriend's (3rd person) opinion.... she only likes the Romulan ships because they look like birds, so... like Rod O'neal, you got that one too!

please hurry comrade Manitoba:)!  

Azel

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2003, 09:42:35 am »
Reverend, as for ships/concepts that didn't make the grade...lol sorry But I do not believe in that...I have noticed that when I look at the conceptual designs in other peoples work(Star Trek/Star Wars, comics, whatever, etc...)Alot of the racier, or cooler designs never come to fruition due to lack of vision(by the producers...or the powers that be) or money...or whatever

Now Me I promised myself a long time ago to produce stuff that was going to turn stuff on its head and still maintain that believability factor in/for canon.  ThaT I would not draw concepts that I could not utilize in some way or another.

So thats why I do not have any real designs that didn't make the grade...I keep working on the initial design till ut does...or it fits somewhere else...I never what someone to say that I should have gone with "this" or "that" idea instead of what was done after the fact...you know.

Thanks Guys for the interest  

Reverend

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2003, 06:19:34 pm »
Thanks for the special reply, Azel/Atolm- I am so very glad to hear that you liberated yourself enough to have full confidence to produce everything that you envison from conception to completion- do NOT EVER stop yourself if you're feeling it is too spicy a design or what-not.... not that you do, but just from my perspective, in case it helps. (Maybe self-confidence=greatness of self?)
As far as suggestions or opinions, they are just that- just because someone suggest something does not imply that they  (whether they be I, Velvet Acid Christ, or James Formo or the Lord herself- ha) have dislike, or would dislike said work without their minute detail rearrangements. Think of it as.... " I wish I could"'s , or "I want"'s... it is just more subconcious praisings. You're one of the very best; we're all just complimenting you in different but surely equal ways. As they say, ''Keep on truckin' big daddy!''    

Reverend

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2003, 06:21:16 pm »
Oh, and thank you Manitoba in advance for the addt'l work.  

Azel

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2003, 06:41:34 pm »
Reverend,
NP... lol...I understand completely and agree man totally
I was just implying that concept designs(to me) are the direction in which "I will" follow up with...not "could go" that route...If I do not use it in the initial moment of interest...it won't be scrapped but still built(just not for that particular project)
That way everything gets made
And you guys have a variety to choose from

Azel

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2003, 11:23:16 pm »
Well here they are
Minus the BRKmod and lightmaps

http://www.frost-works.com/watchtower/_Zips1/

enjoy  

James Formo

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2003, 11:46:10 pm »
Woot!

Reverend

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2003, 12:02:37 am »
I shall turn all the lights off and close the door for a little ''me'' time for these... ha ha ha ha ha ha!!
Thank you Atolm  

Makotokat

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2003, 09:33:50 am »
Very Predatory!

Azel

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2003, 03:35:25 pm »
something I was mess'n with:

http://www.frost-works.com/watchtower/Suchos.zip

you may not like it..lol
the textures are not perminate
lol
enjoy  

Azel

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2003, 11:35:30 pm »
yes, no???

Rod O'neal

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2003, 02:22:12 am »
If the "Suchos" is in response to the vertical saucer suggestions, I think it's perfect. The vertical saucer would make for a whole bunch of really small decks. Probably not the most cost effective way to build a starship. (Of course, you are in outer space so everyone could be walking around sideways, I suppose. ) Anyway, the horizontal saucer just seems to make more sense to me. I like it. Now, go change them all   j/k  

Azel

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2003, 09:37:27 am »
Hey  Rod O'neal,
Hows about you check that post I made calling Stormbringer1701...Maybe you might interested in Helping me
Thanks

here's the link
http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB11&Number=108954&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2003, 01:03:45 pm »
Quote:

Hey  Rod O'neal,
Hows about you check that post I made calling Stormbringer1701...Maybe you might interested in Helping me
Thanks

Sure, I'd be happy to help. Just let me know what you have in mind. PM, or e-mail me, if you want    

Azel

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2003, 03:46:55 pm »
Hey Great!!!
THANKS!!
do you have AIM???
or MSN???
I'll be on later todaY ABOUT 8:00PM EASTERN  

Azel

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2003, 03:51:27 pm »
Oh btw my AIM is Shipmaster
My MSN is Atolm

Thanks again man  

atheorhaven

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2003, 04:14:14 pm »
Got these today.. will work on these over the weekend..

Reverend

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2003, 12:25:59 am »
That Suchos is good- it is just along those earlier lines with the Venator and Tyrannus- love them!  

Azel

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2003, 12:09:22 pm »
Reverend,
Thanks for the feedback...I am hoping to start a small colaboration with some individuals to start
modeling some Federation-Gorn Hybrid designs
I hope to have something up by the end of this upcomming week

PS: glad you enjoy them

James Formo

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2003, 09:46:53 pm »
Quote:

Reverend,
Thanks for the feedback...I am hoping to start a small colaboration with some individuals to start
modeling some Federation-Gorn Hybrid designs
I hope to have something up by the end of this upcomming week

PS: glad you enjoy them

More ships in a  week. What do you add to your coffee and where can I get some

Reverend

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2003, 12:22:24 am »
Same here- ''where's the hook-up?'', as they say.  

Azel

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2003, 11:22:32 am »
Rod O'neal ,

Ok we have been play IM tag (lol)over here...sorry
Been a couple of unexpected hectic nights over on my end...
All should be in order by Monday the latest...possibly tonight
so If you can just pass on my to see if i am on or not
Thanks, and sorry

To everyone else,
there is nothin in my coffee..lol, Hell there is not even a whole tablespoon of coffee to go with my Mug of hot Milk
when I say Light...I Mean LIGHT...lol
and it just has some sugar, and some cinnamon...thats it

I just like to let the Ideas flow when i got them flowing

Thanks for the Complement though
And sorry to dissapoint you about the coffee  

Azel

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2003, 01:17:18 am »
LMAO  

CptSavage

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2003, 06:23:49 am »
Awesome.  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2003, 09:32:19 am »
Hi Azel,
I should be able to be around tonight. I was tied-up from 9:30am to midnight yesterday at work. (Yea, on a Sunday   ) My company decided to implement 3 of the dozens of suggestions that the employees have been screaming for since the "beginning of time" and they're acting like they've just reinvented the wheel  

Reverend

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2003, 10:00:24 am »
Gosh, just hope you're not having to put a third bathroom in or anything.  

Azel

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2003, 11:27:14 pm »
Reverend & Rod O'neil,

No prob
I will be back on scheduke as well on tuesday
so catch me then  

Azel

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2003, 09:21:27 am »
This is a totally shameless bump...
I found this on page four or something  

Reverend

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2003, 09:47:22 am »
Notto argue, but it shows on mine that it is page three still.

Reverend

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2003, 09:49:01 am »
I DID say page three, right? Just checking (bump) >:).  

Azel

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2003, 10:40:26 am »
LOL...ouch...lol  

James Formo

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2003, 01:49:59 pm »
I think he meant page four of all the posts in the forum.

Well Atolm has ok'd the release of some bashes I did up from his Gorn ships. I have 1 TMP and 1 TNG up at my Yahoo club.

Now you have no choice but to join.  Muahahahaha.  I have about 8 more ships to put up thoughout next week. Gotta rescale some and make sure they are pointed in the right direction.

Here is the link. Look for the Azelbash zips under files.  Thanls Azel for letting me tinker with these.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sfcmodels/

James Formo

« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2003, 04:01:54 pm »
I just bashed this. More fun than playing in a sandbox and not as messy.  

Its still uploading to my club. Should be ready in 5-10 minutes. The file is called Azelbash3.  Scaled to be a cl  Could be a carrier. Might even fill a ca role in a pinch.

Azel

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2003, 05:52:50 pm »
WOW !!!!
Very SWEET!!!

THanks man !!!  

E_Look

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2003, 10:00:37 pm »
Atolm,

If I were mayor of New York, I'd commission you to put up murals, redo some subway stations, liven up the walls of some rather dreary looking schools and government offices.  I love your designs and color sense.

Lord Delekhan told me once he worked on SFX for TNG.  He and the others did a bang-up job, as TNG sets, etc. looked really slick.  Boy, if you had a hand in their backgrounds or even ship designs... I wonder if they might not have hung on for a couple of seasons more!  

James Formo

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2003, 10:08:41 pm »
I agree with E_Look, only maybe we can lure Atolm out of New York. Other parts of the country need a beautification program as well.  

Hey E_Look you make Commander in 5 more posts.  

Azel

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2003, 10:11:08 pm »
Wow thanks man!!!
Unfortunately, no one's got an "in" for me
I have tried, but to no avail...companies are not looking for new guys to bring into
their families...:(

But thanks anyway for the vote of confedence  

Reverend

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2003, 12:44:56 am »
NIce James, very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Azel

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2003, 10:12:41 am »
Hey James what about the others????
will you post them too???  

Azel

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2003, 07:22:50 pm »
Bump for Info on your bashes James  

James Formo

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2003, 07:47:18 pm »
Quote:

Bump for Info on your bashes James  

I been working on these since I got off work. I mean they were already done. But there fighters, so had to be tested in game for size. Takes Yahoo about 10 minutes to upload each one. So they all should be up in 30 minutes.

Still have 5 more to post. But gotta do some things I been putting off. I should have them all up by Wednesday.

Check under files at my club, azelbash 4, 5 and 6 are these ones.   btw still only have 14 members.

Note - I am using the original Gorn ships and bothAzel's TMP and TNG ships in the same mod, all in there own slot in OP.

Thats why some of my Gorn now have fighters. Just realized that many of you may rather have a pseudo fighter. I will double the scale of the fighters and throw them in the next batch.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sfcmodels/files/

The pics are a bit fuzzy from being copied and pasted twice.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 07:58:15 pm by James Formo »

Azel

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2003, 12:14:15 pm »
Sweet Fighters!!!!
Uh but I thought that Gorn had PF's.....  

James Formo

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2003, 09:09:29 pm »
The fighters are for if your Gorn get added into a pirate slot. The next 2 zips have the rest of the bashes and include the fighters doubled in scale to serve as pseudos'.

The TNG zip has a ca and an ff, while the TMP zip has a freighter. Go to files section of this club.

Azel

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2003, 02:13:12 pm »
COOL James!!!
Thnx!!!
hey do you have the Zips for DL???
without having to join a group i mean  

James Formo

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2003, 03:17:10 pm »
No, sorry. But if someone wants to mirror em or whatever, that would be great. I do not have a site and  I am HTML illiterate  

Looking forward to your Andorians I read about in another thread.  

Azel

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2003, 04:00:25 pm »

Quote:

No, sorry. But if someone wants to mirror em or whatever, that would be great. I do not have a site and I am HTML illiterate

NP man ...try sending them to Brad at SFU...I an sure he'll do it

Quote:

Looking forward to your Andorians I read about in another thread.

Me too

Makotokat

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2003, 06:14:06 pm »
Amazing work Atolm! Nice curves and really captures the 'reptilian' feel of the Gorn!

Reverend

« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2003, 01:21:20 am »
Yes, Atolm/Azel- not to sound like a twit, but, they really do look like ships tht reptilian people would fly... in this aspect... I wonder what ships that fleshy ape- people would drive-
I know! hairy ships!!! LOL!

Nice work chappie!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Reverend

« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2003, 01:23:24 am »
James- that is a kick-#%$ kitbash, by the way... that is an excellent idea! Thank you for the work- your guys toys and palying around are some of our dreams!  

Azel

« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2003, 09:48:53 am »
Thanks Man
 and More to come  

laser66

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2003, 07:09:33 pm »
any news on these Space lizards?  

Azel

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2003, 08:31:36 am »
Ok the Gorn are not Extinct...lol
I just put them on the Back burner while different Ideas
develope...but in the mean time there is my Hellions

More to Come

starforce2

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2003, 07:12:19 am »
Fromo, the nacelles dont appear to be mapped as nacelles on azelbash2. For one, they are not identicly textured. I assume this is an error...

James Formo

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2003, 08:31:46 pm »
Quote:

Fromo, the nacelles dont appear to be mapped as nacelles on azelbash2. For one, they are not identicly textured. I assume this is an error...  

I just swa it Yesterday. Uploading the fix now. It looked fine in Milk but not in mod viewer.  Get the fixed file, same name azelbash2 at this link under files.

Azel

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2003, 10:51:57 pm »
Holy!!!!
82 posts!!!

Thanks guys  

E_Look

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2003, 11:10:39 pm »
Ahh....

I can see it now... the Brooklyn Navy Yard, pumping ships out again, under chief designer Atolm- GORN STARSHIPS!!  Don't worry, some FEDeral official will ask what happened to all the Fed ships.  Tell 'em to eat plasma!  

Reverend

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2003, 01:18:34 am »
LOL!

"Eh, whadda youse want ova here wit dat damn saucer ship? Geddaouda here!!"  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2003, 01:31:50 am »
Quote:

LOL!

"Eh, whadda youse want ova here wit dat damn saucer ship? Geddaouda here!!"  

LMAO  

Reverend

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2003, 02:18:47 am »

Azel

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2003, 05:12:28 pm »
Forgedda'boud it  

E_Look

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2003, 09:53:52 pm »
yous all jus a buncha cole bludded ole dinasores.  'sides, saucers are good fer milk, den it becoms cheez, at leas here in nu yawk.  and den if you nuke it good it glows in da dark, pobaly wit dose majic fotons all yous been kvetching bout.  

Smiley

« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2003, 10:09:52 pm »

My universal translator :must: be broken!!!!!

E_Look

« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2003, 10:33:21 pm »
dang, dude, lookit your stats-  oksfud
lookit mine- no, ah, um, nu, ahh... noo yawk;

Therefore it stands to reason that you should experience puzzlement; the verisimilitudinous vernacular previously presented is not often amenable to facile renditions under standard versions of the common linguistic mode(s) of expression resident on either of the termina laterally enclosing the hydrographic expanse.  

Reverend

« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2003, 11:30:25 pm »
yeah, it doesnt make sense. LOL!  

Smiley

« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2003, 06:41:32 am »
Quote:

dang, dude, lookit your stats-  oksfud
lookit mine- no, ah, um, nu, ahh... noo yawk;

Therefore it stands to reason that you should experience puzzlement; the verisimilitudinous vernacular previously presented is not often amenable to facile renditions under standard versions of the common linguistic mode(s) of expression resident on either of the termina laterally enclosing the hydrographic expanse.  

Translation:

....the true dialect shown is not often open to easy interpretation to people alien to the origin of said dialect on either side of the Atlantic ocean.....

I think that is what he was saying, lol, but then I could be wrong, I do not go to "proper Oxford University" - although I can nosh it up with the best of them!

Reverend

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2003, 09:04:00 am »
That's what I meant,'' it doesn't make sense to them''.... that was a good one...

any updates, Azel? Beginninng anything like a cloud or something?  

Smiley

« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2003, 09:06:21 am »
hehe, well I did understand the first time around, once I read it out loud as it sounds - I've only seen this used on tv though, hehe

Reverend

« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2003, 09:27:33 am »
was it a quote then? I want to hear it too!  

Smiley

« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2003, 09:29:40 am »
Nooo, haha, just general tv watching, how many times have films based in New York been on tv or the cinema, or had actors with such accents? lol My point exactly!

Reverend

« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2003, 01:28:10 pm »
Usually bad accents too, LOL  

Azel

« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2003, 06:17:32 pm »
Hey I resent that remark...lol
oh wait...people allways think that I am not from brooklyn...because of my
lack of a brooklyn accent(I actually can pronunciate my words...lol)  

Smiley

« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2003, 06:21:46 pm »
Quote:

(I actually can pronunciate my words...lol)

Always a good thing!
People presume that because I live in Oxford and I go to University there that I speak....posh!
The fact that I do is neither here nor there, lol

E_Look

« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2003, 09:49:36 pm »
Gents, many of my elementary teachers had the NY accent to varying degrees.  When I pronounce "iodine" or "ln x" to students who are from other places, they try to mute their giggles.  I usually have to admit my poor breeding.  Well, one didn't.  This teacher was an immigrant from another country- Boston.  I'll tell you, she sounded weird.  Funny, she kept criticizing the way we all spoke!

Oh, Smiley, maybe it's not too late- you can still speak posh:

To quote William of Stratford upon Avon, "Git yo butt ovah to a Cambridgery".  Obviously, oksfud ain't done the job.  

laser66

« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2003, 09:02:07 pm »
update on some more Gorn?
I am not a big Gorn Fan, But Azel/Atolm is slowly
making me a believer