Topic: Need help with alternate missions, please.  (Read 2306 times)

Riker

Need help with alternate missions, please.
« on: June 16, 2003, 09:20:58 am »
I have been enjoying some of the awesome mods out there now but can't get the new missions that come with them to work. The standard missions like distress call and scan still work, but the alternate ones just give me an error and close my game. I can see the missions are present in the scripts folder. Is there any folders I can go into and adjust (meta-assets maybe) to make all my missions work. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.  

Klingon Fanatic

Re: Need help with alternate missions, please.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 06:36:11 am »
hmm...

Many time mod makers that also make scripts for their mods rename ships to something other than STOCK names.

For example, Centauri Vaugn's TNG mod includes at least 4 solo player scripts and two multiplayer scripts that rely on his custom model folder,  custom shiplist and spec list.

E.g., Cardassian Hutet from Dominion Wars (game) is named : "tngmc1/tngmc1.mod" and on his shiplist it is named this as well (it points to the Wolf359 model folder to retrieve the model for the game).

I am working , still, on a 1:1 total conversion to TMP so I feel your pain. So far I cut out all the CUSTOM TNG ships Centauri Vaugn made and pasted them into Firesoul's latest shiplist along with SFB stats for Tholians and some Andromedan stats (in pirate slots for engine doubling). Still a WIP. I'm waiting for a uber detailed Melak Warbird to be made for the "Tomorrow's Enterprise" Romulan Mission (warbirds at Nerendra III vs Enterprise C).

Qa Pla!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2003, 07:40:43 am by Klingon Fanatic »

Centauri Vaughn

Re: Need help with alternate missions, please.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2003, 04:45:12 pm »

Quote:

I'm waiting for a uber detailed Melak Warbird to be made for the "Tomorrow's Enterprise" Romulan Mission  

Is someone actually making one for you?
If so please let me know.

Thanks.

Centauri