Topic: Custom dynaverse missions: EAW, OP, SFC3  (Read 60205 times)

Corbomite

Re: Custom dynaverse missions: EAW, OP, SFC3
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2003, 03:31:22 pm »
Quote:

Beauty - I can almost guarantee all three of those have easy fixes.

I'll check them out tomorrow, so holler if you think of any others.

dave

I noticed that AMD doesn't seem to work in the Investigation mission, at least against fighters, but that may be a deeper problem. Haven't tried Plasma D yet. The other thing is no one seems to be able to figure out how to win the Recharge Spacedock mission. Either it's bugged or we are all morons . People have posted things about it, but AFAIK none of them work.

P.S. Did you complete the fixes to the OP missions with the pirates?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Corbomite »

NuclearWessels

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2003, 04:26:00 pm »
The AMD not working is usually a sign that the hostility level hasn't been set high enough.
It shouldn't be a problem to fix, I'll just need to check that the higher hostility doesn't cause other behaviour problems for the AI.
(I don't remember the specifics of the mission.)

I should be able to figure out the intended results for the Recharge mission from the script,
so I'll fix it if I can (and confirm or deny folks' interpretation of what they're supposed to be doing.)

I haven't done the pirate fixes yet, I'll likely go through and do those at the same time.
(It's a simple fix, but doing it to a bajillion scripts is tedious stuff )

dave

FireSoul

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2003, 10:51:27 pm »
Do anyone here have a saved-game with "Battle at the grave of thought" ready to go?
-- Luc

Corbomite

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2003, 11:09:41 pm »
Quote:

Do anyone here have a saved-game with "Battle at the grave of thought" ready to go?
-- Luc  

Unfortunately not me, but couldn't you just make an .mct file with only that mission in it? AFAIK it isn't linked to any other mission besides that fact that it is a campaign mission.

FireSoul

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2003, 11:40:16 pm »
Let me try it.

FireSoul

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2003, 11:57:02 pm »
It didn't work:
-- Luc

Code:

Name="Federation vs ISC - BATGOT"
Description="BATGOT - Play as the Federation against the ISC and their war of pacification."

EarlyMapName="EarlyMap.mvm"
MidMapName="MiddleMap.mvm"
LateMapName="LateMap.mvm"
DifficultyLevel=1
Era=0
TriggerMission="Uni_1Peace"
TriggerPrestige=1
[Missions]
0="Met_NW6Patrol.scr"
1="Uni_7BattleGrave.scr"

[Races]
0=0

Edit: yes. I just spotted the error above:  "TriggerMission". I will try again.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 12:25:00 am by FireSoul »

FireSoul

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2003, 12:48:19 am »
still no good.

FireSoul

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2003, 02:03:16 am »

--------------------------
EDIT: NeverMind. I'm the one who made the mistake. The mission "Uni_NWX1M1ASmuggler" shouldn't have been used in the .MCT files I have put together. It's the standard one that goes there.
I have repackaged the Campaigns:  http://klingon.stasis.ca/sources_and_utils/EvilDave/NW_EAWtoOP_Campaigns.zip
--------------------------

Dave, I have a question:

when you made "Uni_NWX1M1ASmuggler.scr", did you leave the internal structures as "Uni_X1M1ASmuggler" or did you change it, probably to: "Uni_NWX1M1ASmuggler"?

I finished the single-player campaign mission "Uni_4Resolve", but am unable to get any more campaign missions. From "Uni_4Resolve.scr" sources, the next mission for Federation is "Uni_X1M1ASmuggler". See where I'm heading at?

.. anyways, I've browsed through lots of sources and compiled the following tree. I will probably have to adjust my .MCT files. I'll do that tomorrow. it's 3AM.

-- Luc

Code:

Uni_1Peace
 - 2Promises

Uni_2Promises
 Federation:
 Gorn:
 Hydran:
 Klingon:
   - Uni_X3M1ATemple
     - Uni_3IronCage
   - OR: Uni_3IronCage
 Else:
 - Uni_3IronCage

Uni_3IronCage
  - Uni_X4M1AThief
    - Uni_X4M2ACuckoo
      - Uni_X4M3ADoors
        - Uni_4Resolve
  - OR: Uni_4Resolve

Uni_4Resolve
 Federation:
 Gorn:
 Hydran:
 Romulan:
   - Uni_X1M1ASmuggler
     - WIN: Uni_X1M2Trial
       - Uni_X1M3Poison
         - Uni_5Accuse
     - LOSE/DRAW: Uni_X1M1FInsurrection
       - WIN: Uni_X1M2Trial
         - Uni_X1M3Poison
           - Uni_5Accuse
       - LOSE: Uni_5Accuse
   - OR: Uni_5Accuse
 Mirak:
   - Uni_X2M1Interceptor
     - Uni_X2M2Reclamation
       - Uni_X2M3Apes
        Mirak:
          - Uni_5Accuse
 Else:
   - Uni_5Accuse

Uni_5Accuse
 Lyran:
   - Uni_X2M1Interceptor
     - Uni_X2M2Reclamation
       - Uni_X2M3Apes
        Lyran:
          - Uni_6Immunity
 Else:
   - Uni_6Immunity

Uni_6Immunity
 Romulan:
 Federation:
 Lyran:
 Mirak:
   - Uni_X5M1AMoon
     - Uni_X5M1FPyre
       - Uni_X5M2Sake
         - Uni_7BattleGrave
 Gorn:
 Klingon:
   - Uni_X2M1Interceptor
     - Uni_X2M2Reclamation
       - Uni_X2M3Apes
         - Uni_7BattleGrave
 Else:
   - Uni_7BattleGrave

Uni_7BattleGrave
  - Uni_8Hammer

Uni_8Hammer
  - WIN/DRAW: Uni_9A1Tyr
    - Uni_10Criminals
  - LOSE: Uni_9C1Welcome
    - Uni_10Criminals

Uni_10Criminals
  - WIN/DRAW: player retires
  - LOSS: player has lost

« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 02:37:56 am by FireSoul »

NuclearWessels

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2003, 08:58:02 am »
NP - actually of late I've been putting the version number into the mission title as well,
e.g. "Uni_NWX1M1ASmuggler v3.1.1".

It finally dawned on me that people have renamed copies of some of the old versions around,
so this should guarantee we avoid any conflicts.  (And in fact, it means that if anyone really likes
a particular version of a mission they can keep both it and the latest version around and use both
in the same campaign.  I'd like to say I thought it out that way, but it was just a happy accident )

dave

Captain KoraH

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2003, 11:24:58 am »
Hey I have another question for you Dave:

What I want to do is not allow a base attack mission until the DV of the hex it's in is lowered to... a low number. Does anything in the mission script control this?

Captain KoraH

jdmckinney

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2003, 12:40:05 pm »
Well, CRAP, now I guess I have to go and look through all the scripts and try to play them again to check for bugs.

Dave, thanks A LOT for being so d***ed efficient.

Captain KoraH

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2003, 03:53:02 pm »
Does anyone know if FSME will work for SFC3 missions? Does anyone HAVE FSME???? hehe!

Captain KoraH

NuclearWessels

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2003, 04:52:07 pm »

Hey Doug ...

Well I beat a final round of sense into the EAW missions this morning, added a couple of new missions to fill some holes, and I'm just now starting the grand port/hack/fix for the OP side.  I won't get it finished today, but should have it ready on Monday, so that gives you a few days to bug hunt the stock missions

KoraH - there's nothing in the mission scripts or API that allows us to identify the current hex DV value, so there aren't many options along those lines unfortunately.  And I'm pretty sure nothing like FSME exists for SFC3 yet - dunno if anyone is working on a similar tool or not.

dave

FireSoul

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2003, 05:52:41 pm »
I think you just got promoted to Captain, Dave..

.. well.. uhm. My SO's been having contractions these last few days. I don't know how much longer I can be available to help.. who knows, maybe I'll have plenty of time after all.

.. anyways..
.. I'm aware that this is in OP only.. but are you willing to consider my "select era-based fighters" code? MagnumMan has already told me the secret to how to detect OP or EAW with the same sources. It's all a question of using a "#ifdef OP" at this point.
  The code works well. If you're not interested, would you share the sources to the missions you have?

-- Luc

PS. I still have to get to BatGoT ("uni_7battlegrave" I believe) with my single-player campaign, so that I can prepare myself to fix it.

Corbomite

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2003, 07:12:28 pm »
I hope you're not playing the ISC campaign because that side of the mission is fine.

FireSoul

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2003, 07:25:02 pm »
I'm currently playing Hydran Vs ISC, not "ISC vs everybody else" aka "ISC Pacification Campaign".

-- Luc

Corbomite

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2003, 11:46:50 pm »
Hey FS or NW, in OP are there supposed to be two meta map files in the Single Player folder in Meta Assets? I have Meta Map and Meta map.war and they have slightly different entries in some of the fields. I was wondering if this was causing some of the problems I am having with the game in that area.  BTW I only have one of those files - Meta Map - in the EAW folder so I is cornfused!

FireSoul

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2003, 02:01:19 am »
I don't know enough about the maps to answer you.. Sorry.
-- Luc

jdmckinney

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2003, 07:57:51 am »
To tell the truth, I've always simply ignored the MetaMap.war file. Changing the MetaMap.gf seems sufficient to alter the settings for a campaign.

I always assumed it was a semi-useless file that should have been removed, but that was based on my perception (true or false) that it does nothing.

Dave (and all), I'll start a OP script bug thread. I'll be away all weekend starting Friday in the wee hours, so everyone please feel free to add your bugs to the list.

NuclearWessels

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2003, 03:48:38 pm »
Just a bit of an update,

I've added another handful of missions to the EAW pack to improve both combat and drafting abilities around bases, and reorganized the mission offerings to (hopefully) nullify the neutral co-op bug and to reduce the frequency of some of the more unusual "specialty" missions.  You should now get some form of pure combat mission in most locations, with the other missions showing up once in awhile for variety.  I think it's running around 47 missions and around 8.5 meg now.

All of these have been recompiled for OP as well, and I'm still gradually working through the bug list for the remaining OP campaign missions.  Hopefully those will be in pretty good shape tomorrow - I'll try and get an OP pack posted late tomorrow.

The additional OP missions will probably bring that pack in at over 10 meg --- Castrin, you were offering sfcx as a possible mirror site? If that offer still stands,  I might have to take you up on that as the primary location for storing the pack -- this is going to put my site well over it's storage limit.  Thx!

dave