Topic: Romulan battlecruiser WIP (FKA D'Xorac)  (Read 10066 times)

Reverend

Re: Nightsoft Romulan D'Xorac WIP's
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2003, 10:12:46 pm »
Bump for update?  

manitoba

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2003, 10:25:01 pm »
Quote:

Manitoba, you never gave me your email address and you didnt post one on your profile.  

heres a pix of the modification i did of it. hope u like it

http://66.117.8.3/showthread.php?s=&postid=638464#post638464

Captain KoraH

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2003, 10:43:06 am »
It's uh,  interesting!  I'm glad you're having fun with it! Are you going to do some textures for your new version?

TheBigCheese

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2003, 11:07:39 am »
Quote:

Bump for update?  

hold on I just got it

be patient    

manitoba

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2003, 03:23:06 pm »
yeah im going to be trying textures i have the whole pix in my head. its just getting them on paper. lol

Raven Night

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2003, 06:39:10 pm »
Ok, you guys may kill me, but I made some changes to the mesh. I imported the model into max and tweaked it a bit. I could not move the ventral wingtips forward to create the warp nacelle area I wanted in the wingtips, but I was able to narrow the nose a bit and lower the hump on the back, as well as move up the belly a bit. The link to the new model is attached.....it is in max format.

Dxorac mesh

I hope you like the changes. I think the ship looks much sleeker than before.  

manitoba

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2003, 06:45:11 pm »
Quote:

Ok, you guys may kill me, but I made some changes to the mesh. I imported the model into max and tweaked it a bit. I could not move the ventral wingtips forward to create the warp nacelle area I wanted in the wingtips, but I was able to narrow the nose a bit and lower the hump on the back, as well as move up the belly a bit. The link to the new model is attached.....it is in max format.

Dxorac mesh

not at all. its just perfect for me to modify as it was. just a biatch for me to get my textures to get on the damn thing. but its fine just the right size and everything if u saw the post i put of it on

http://66.117.8.3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68152&perpage=25&pagenumber=8

and if not here it is again

Captain KoraH

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2003, 11:17:27 pm »
No prob at all Raven, please feel free to modify my models as you see fit.  

Reverend

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2003, 10:10:17 am »
bump for progress?  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2003, 11:55:55 am »
Hey Raven, I can't open the .max file, it's missing a DLL. If you could post the link in .mod format everyone would be able to use it too.  

TheBigCheese

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2003, 02:57:40 am »
Quote:

Dxorac mesh

Could you please send it to me raven as work on the previous model was difficult because of diffrences between your drawing and the model

the_big_cheese_uk2002@yahoo.co.uk  

TheBigCheese

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2003, 03:01:15 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Dxorac mesh

Could you please send it to me raven as work on the previous model was difficult because of diffrences between your drawing and the model

the_big_cheese_uk2002@yahoo.co.uk  

also front side rear top bottom schematics would help as I want to get this model perfect.
Also any specific colour scheme you had in mind or texture pattern.  

TheBigCheese

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2003, 10:55:25 am »
Been trying to mail you Raven but keep getting failure delivery  

and could you give me some detailed drawings of the warp naccelles you want changing
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by TheBigCheese »

Captain KoraH

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2003, 02:38:36 pm »
You might have to wing it a little, as Raven is sometimes gone for a while. I think the included drawing is the only one there is of this ship.  

Raven Night

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2003, 11:03:53 pm »
I am sorry........i will post an SFC version, or provide what you need to import the file. We use Max 5 for our models, so maybe that is the problem.

As far as textures, it is best to make a texture set and then let me tweak it. I am much better at that than dictating textures.

Sorry about the delay.

TheBigCheese

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2003, 02:32:41 am »
Ok thanks ,

any chance of some more schematics though  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2003, 01:20:41 pm »
Bump for texture news

TheBigCheese

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2003, 02:55:18 pm »
I have done zero on it so far ,as what I have done is without proper schematics and I am not happy with it

the warp nacelles need some work as they look to thin

If Raven wants this done I need more input from him first

Texturing is so difficult I need all the help I can get.

The BaQ was easy due to the different views though I still do not know what the underneath looks like  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by TheBigCheese »

Captain KoraH

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2003, 06:36:51 pm »
Well part of being an artist of this kind is that sometimes you have to just make stuff up. Don't think of it as a problem, think of it as your opportunity to add something of your own to the model. Your own mark on the model, that can be however you imagine it (within reason of course). I've had to do that with these ships a lot, because even with the BaQ ther were many parts of the side drawing that didn't match the top view, and vice versa, and there was nothing showing the bottom of the ship at all! I just had to imagine what it might look like and make it that way. This is your opportunity to do the same.

As far as the nacelles being too thin, don't worry about it. They are not supposed to be very thick. They are an all new type of nacelle that is built into the wings and ultra-thin. Just do with them what you think they should look like within the canvas of the model. I really think you should put some of your own imagination into it, you might be surprised how good it can look.  

Raven Night

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2003, 09:37:53 pm »
Here is what I can do, but before I do, I would like to reiterate what Korah said........that you have artistic licence. I like to grab the model and the textures and tweak them a bit to bring some of my image of the model into it, but mostly it is your masterpiece .

I will make some drawings using the actual model to show the changes I would like. They are not required, but I would appreciate it if they are made. I will post the changes within the next few days.

As to the textures, I suggest you use the Warbird as a reference. Same hue, same whiteish soft weathering on panels and streaking, I have warbird ref pics if you want to look at them. I can play with the finished set a bit to add my touch if you do not mind.