Topic: David F and Bonk  (Read 4562 times)

**DONOTDELETE**

David F and Bonk
« on: August 17, 2003, 08:43:21 pm »
Okay, I am trying to be careful here, you could very easily have banned me DF, I appreciate that you didnt. Apparently I have struck a nerve or something, as I have not been posting much at all in the last oh, 6 months or so.

I logged onto the D3 to play some with the beta patch. There were 6 servers with a total of 19 people. Someone has said I hit at a bad time, I am perfectly willing to believe that. I know the name of the Dominion Wars server and did not see it up and running. If I merely chose a poor time to try to play Dyna for the first time in 6 months, apologies. I know many of those who run the EAW/OP servers also do the same for the D3, although I did not see it in progress today.

I WAS making the attempt to play the game, which appears to have been glossed over; my post was in response to the inability to play the game.

I am happy to see that there are OP servers running, and hope that Bonk will post those links he mentioned so I can partake.

I did credit and thank you for continuing to put out gratis patches for SFC:OP for which your motivations are known truly only to yourself. Some have mentioned compensating you for OP patches, I would be more than happy to do that, if it actually is true.

I was not attempting to knock Taldren, I know your reasons for switching to TNG and mentioned as much in my post. I was... well, gloating, trolling, whatever you wish to call it to those who proclaimed that TNG would be far superior to the prior titles.

Do I think my post was over the top or deserved to be locked? No, not really, but thats your call. Again, I am merely relieved that you did not ban me for apparently hitting a sore spot.

I am still a fan of Taldrens, much as I said I was hoping Erik was still contemplating the non-Trek based, SFC-style game he has discussed at length in the past. I am looking forward to Black 9 for my Xbox.

I still have some distant hope for GaW, inasmuch as Erik has stated that he wanted to make it, and persuaded many of us to buy SFC:TNG to eventually get SFC:GaW.

I for one am still happily playing OP and awaiting the announcement of another SFB/SFC title.

Was I trying to piss someone off? Yes,  I was. But not you at Taldren, so I apologize to you for whatever you took out of my post that hacked you off. If the definition of "Trolling" is to make an inflamatory post in hopes of getting a certain response, then you are quite correct in your description of me as a Troll. Not sure about the "worthless" part, as a customer of yours (all bitching aside) for about half a decade and planning on being a customer of yours in the future, banned or no.

I would have to guess that customers like ME, who get emotinal about the few things they do buy actually are the ones who keep coming back, all problems and complaints aside and help keep you in the black. The ones that buy the game and dont like it or dont like bugs, etc and simply dont ever buy another product from you, or come here and make one negative post and leave and then return it to babbages probably dont give you that much grief, but they dont keep your doors open either.

In the future, I will be mindful of the... altered attitude towards critical posts and post more tactfully. (If I am allowed to post anymore)

BONK! Please list those links so I can get into an OP server, thank you for the information. Um, it might be a good idea to post them in a new thread, just in case.

HAND!

EmeraldEdge

Re: David F and Bonk
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 10:18:59 pm »
the 25412 patch can be had here if you don't have it yet:

http://www.sfcx.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2

the rest should be on SFCX.NET I think, as well.  For Storm Season II you'll need:

ED Mission pack

EEK missions

Tracey G's missions

OP+ MOD without models if you have a slow connection

OP+ MOD with models if you've got a fast connection or just time to wait

There might be more, seems like there is an updated shiplist to download for SSII as well, don't remember, but I'll check into it.

I believe we have Bonk's mod (I see the first version, but could swear he released an updated one so it may not be the right one):

OP Mod '03

This should get you close to up to speed, if not all the way, I believe.  I've been downloading so many things lately I lost track of what went where.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 03:55:31 am »
Thanks EE. I was reading another thread Bonk has, and he apparently is still updating his mod as he goes along. I want to dload all the stuff, but Im only on isdn, so Id really rather only do it once, ya know?

How long till the servers start coming up, so I can be relatively sure I wont dload a big model pack only to have tor reload it again?

Thanks for the response(s), EE.

HAND!

Bonk

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 05:39:49 am »
I think it was your thread title that drew a bad reaction more than anything, it was a bit OTT. Hey, it's Taldren's forum and we have to respect their feelings and position. I think you just need to express your love of the game better.  

Sorry, I was out last night, thanks for posting links EmeraldEdge. I've been taking them from the links here:

Patch: SFC:Orion Pirates Patch 2.5.4.12 (Thats Two.Five.Four.Twelve) Now Available!

SS2 Files:  Current list of needed files / mods / scripts to play on SS2

(OP Arena only requires OP+3 and NW's missions but will be taken down this week, and ToastyO's stock server only needs the patch of course!)

OP+'s home is here:
OP+ Refit ShipList/Mod Project

The info on the latest version of my OP mod can be found here:  SFB OP Mod '03b - New and Improved! (The fileplanet link there is permanent, the mod will always be there)

I am moving, so the info on that thread will be good for a while yet. I intend to work on it some more and there will be a version "c" in the near future. That may be a few weeks to a few months, it really depends on how much feedback I get and the time I have for testing/playing.

Stay cool, and enjoy the games!      

Toasty0

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 06:49:45 am »
You can also go to my page (shameless plug) http://www.toasty0.com/OP_Patch.aspx and DL the patch and with no other fuss jump onto the Toasty0 "stock" server and get your butt handed to you by one of your fellow players without one more DL than is necessary.

Best,
Jerry  

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 02:33:17 pm »
This thread also has all the info on what you need for stormseason (including the new shiplist download).

http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=147842&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1  

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 04:31:57 pm »
Quote:

You can also go to my page (shameless plug) http://www.toasty0.com/OP_Patch.aspx and DL the patch and with no other fuss jump onto the Toasty0 "stock" server and get your butt handed to you by one of your fellow players without one more DL than is necessary.

Best,
Jerry  

ToastyO: While we can leave the dubious idea of my having my butt handed to me alone for the moment, is the patch you are pointing me to simply the OP .12 patch? Or is it a patch that allows my OP multi to see your server online via the D2 dyna link?

I ask because when I fired up OP yesterday and tried to find a sever, I saw nada, so I am ass-uming that I will require a patch to find it?

Bonk, ToastyO, EE, thanks for the responses, I am happier than a Klink at a tribble shooting range to be able to play OP in multi again! (Especially now that it works better!)

HAND!

Strafer

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 04:48:44 pm »
AJTK,

You would be only able to see D2 servers of the same build as your patch. So, if you have OP 2.5.3.8, and someone is running a server kit of 2.5.3.8, you'll see it.
I, running 2.5.4.12, would not see it, but would see SS2, Toasty0, Arena, and the occasional EEK Workshop.

Hope this helps.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 05:02:20 pm »
Thanks, I figured out my problem right after I posted that. I had installed the upgrade patch to .10 and then to .12, but I had the FSv2.1 shiplist inplace, which I guess farked up the patching process, as I always had a few files that it said it could not find/could not change at the end of the patching process.

So, fresh install, and then the 5.0.0 to the .12 patch and then the latest FSvX.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

HAND!

**DONOTDELETE**

David F and Bonk
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2003, 08:43:21 pm »
Okay, I am trying to be careful here, you could very easily have banned me DF, I appreciate that you didnt. Apparently I have struck a nerve or something, as I have not been posting much at all in the last oh, 6 months or so.

I logged onto the D3 to play some with the beta patch. There were 6 servers with a total of 19 people. Someone has said I hit at a bad time, I am perfectly willing to believe that. I know the name of the Dominion Wars server and did not see it up and running. If I merely chose a poor time to try to play Dyna for the first time in 6 months, apologies. I know many of those who run the EAW/OP servers also do the same for the D3, although I did not see it in progress today.

I WAS making the attempt to play the game, which appears to have been glossed over; my post was in response to the inability to play the game.

I am happy to see that there are OP servers running, and hope that Bonk will post those links he mentioned so I can partake.

I did credit and thank you for continuing to put out gratis patches for SFC:OP for which your motivations are known truly only to yourself. Some have mentioned compensating you for OP patches, I would be more than happy to do that, if it actually is true.

I was not attempting to knock Taldren, I know your reasons for switching to TNG and mentioned as much in my post. I was... well, gloating, trolling, whatever you wish to call it to those who proclaimed that TNG would be far superior to the prior titles.

Do I think my post was over the top or deserved to be locked? No, not really, but thats your call. Again, I am merely relieved that you did not ban me for apparently hitting a sore spot.

I am still a fan of Taldrens, much as I said I was hoping Erik was still contemplating the non-Trek based, SFC-style game he has discussed at length in the past. I am looking forward to Black 9 for my Xbox.

I still have some distant hope for GaW, inasmuch as Erik has stated that he wanted to make it, and persuaded many of us to buy SFC:TNG to eventually get SFC:GaW.

I for one am still happily playing OP and awaiting the announcement of another SFB/SFC title.

Was I trying to piss someone off? Yes,  I was. But not you at Taldren, so I apologize to you for whatever you took out of my post that hacked you off. If the definition of "Trolling" is to make an inflamatory post in hopes of getting a certain response, then you are quite correct in your description of me as a Troll. Not sure about the "worthless" part, as a customer of yours (all bitching aside) for about half a decade and planning on being a customer of yours in the future, banned or no.

I would have to guess that customers like ME, who get emotinal about the few things they do buy actually are the ones who keep coming back, all problems and complaints aside and help keep you in the black. The ones that buy the game and dont like it or dont like bugs, etc and simply dont ever buy another product from you, or come here and make one negative post and leave and then return it to babbages probably dont give you that much grief, but they dont keep your doors open either.

In the future, I will be mindful of the... altered attitude towards critical posts and post more tactfully. (If I am allowed to post anymore)

BONK! Please list those links so I can get into an OP server, thank you for the information. Um, it might be a good idea to post them in a new thread, just in case.

HAND!

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2003, 10:18:59 pm »
the 25412 patch can be had here if you don't have it yet:

http://www.sfcx.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2

the rest should be on SFCX.NET I think, as well.  For Storm Season II you'll need:

ED Mission pack

EEK missions

Tracey G's missions

OP+ MOD without models if you have a slow connection

OP+ MOD with models if you've got a fast connection or just time to wait

There might be more, seems like there is an updated shiplist to download for SSII as well, don't remember, but I'll check into it.

I believe we have Bonk's mod (I see the first version, but could swear he released an updated one so it may not be the right one):

OP Mod '03

This should get you close to up to speed, if not all the way, I believe.  I've been downloading so many things lately I lost track of what went where.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2003, 03:55:31 am »
Thanks EE. I was reading another thread Bonk has, and he apparently is still updating his mod as he goes along. I want to dload all the stuff, but Im only on isdn, so Id really rather only do it once, ya know?

How long till the servers start coming up, so I can be relatively sure I wont dload a big model pack only to have tor reload it again?

Thanks for the response(s), EE.

HAND!

Bonk

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2003, 05:39:49 am »
I think it was your thread title that drew a bad reaction more than anything, it was a bit OTT. Hey, it's Taldren's forum and we have to respect their feelings and position. I think you just need to express your love of the game better.  

Sorry, I was out last night, thanks for posting links EmeraldEdge. I've been taking them from the links here:

Patch: SFC:Orion Pirates Patch 2.5.4.12 (Thats Two.Five.Four.Twelve) Now Available!

SS2 Files:  Current list of needed files / mods / scripts to play on SS2

(OP Arena only requires OP+3 and NW's missions but will be taken down this week, and ToastyO's stock server only needs the patch of course!)

OP+'s home is here:
OP+ Refit ShipList/Mod Project

The info on the latest version of my OP mod can be found here:  SFB OP Mod '03b - New and Improved! (The fileplanet link there is permanent, the mod will always be there)

I am moving, so the info on that thread will be good for a while yet. I intend to work on it some more and there will be a version "c" in the near future. That may be a few weeks to a few months, it really depends on how much feedback I get and the time I have for testing/playing.

Stay cool, and enjoy the games!      

Toasty0

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2003, 06:49:45 am »

Best,
Jerry  

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2003, 02:33:17 pm »
This thread also has all the info on what you need for stormseason (including the new shiplist download).

http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=147842&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1  

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2003, 04:31:57 pm »
Quote:

Best,
Jerry  

ToastyO: While we can leave the dubious idea of my having my butt handed to me alone for the moment, is the patch you are pointing me to simply the OP .12 patch? Or is it a patch that allows my OP multi to see your server online via the D2 dyna link?

I ask because when I fired up OP yesterday and tried to find a sever, I saw nada, so I am ass-uming that I will require a patch to find it?

Bonk, ToastyO, EE, thanks for the responses, I am happier than a Klink at a tribble shooting range to be able to play OP in multi again! (Especially now that it works better!)

HAND!

Strafer

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2003, 04:48:44 pm »
AJTK,

You would be only able to see D2 servers of the same build as your patch. So, if you have OP 2.5.3.8, and someone is running a server kit of 2.5.3.8, you'll see it.
I, running 2.5.4.12, would not see it, but would see SS2, Toasty0, Arena, and the occasional EEK Workshop.

Hope this helps.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2003, 05:02:20 pm »
Thanks, I figured out my problem right after I posted that. I had installed the upgrade patch to .10 and then to .12, but I had the FSv2.1 shiplist inplace, which I guess farked up the patching process, as I always had a few files that it said it could not find/could not change at the end of the patching process.

So, fresh install, and then the 5.0.0 to the .12 patch and then the latest FSvX.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

HAND!