Topic: My first model in well over a year! Pics inside  (Read 10330 times)

Bernard Guignard

Re: My first model in well over a year! Pics inside
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2003, 03:46:19 pm »
Hi Atrahasis
 Early heavy Cruiser:
 6 phaser type 2  front phasers FH arc  side phasers RF R and LF L arcs
2 photon torp note cannot overload the torps
Warp engine = 12
 move cost =1
impulse engine =2
lab = 6
4 shuttle
3 Transporteres
10 f-hull
4 r-hull

Early Frigate:
Warp 4 boxes x 2 engines
move cost =1/3
2 impulse engines
3 phaser 2    FH  RS  LS
2 photon torps
2 Lab
2 trans
2 trac
2 shuttle
5 center hull

if you need any more information Please let me know  

Atrahasis

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2003, 04:50:06 pm »
Thank you, this does help. BTW do you have any diagrams for the Old Light Cruiser form SFB?

An update on my Bonaventure: texturing is more or less complete, and it has a much more sophisticated look now with light panelling all over the hull.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Atrahasis »

Durin

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2003, 06:35:46 pm »
Great  job man.I love  your work!    

Capt. Wildman

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2003, 08:39:35 pm »
As always, very nice!! Good to see your work being posted again.  

Atrahasis

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2003, 08:55:24 pm »
Thanks to all, and btw Lestat, I found the BonHomme Richard which I never released, but will shortly:

I think I'll do a USS Essex version of this, which was actually a carrier operations ship after her refit and has different details, and an extra set of phasers in the front.

Rod O'neal

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2003, 09:58:51 pm »
I've been wishing for some updated TOS. This is like christmas coming early for me I can hardly wait 'til you get these up. Thanks so much, man!!!  

Marauth

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2003, 10:00:09 pm »
Major W00tage

Now THAT is an Enterprise! IMO It looks better than the NX-01.

BTW Dunno if that's just an old pic or something but the vanes on the top of the nacelles (I forget the technobable name for them) are meant to be filled and have a small extension on the front on the series version. Don't mean to pick at a fine model but it is kind of noticeable.

P.S. Do you have blank textures of the saucer and nacelles so we can make other ships?

P.P.S. would it be okay if I made a Coronado thru-deck carrier out of this?

Atrahasis

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2003, 10:30:54 pm »
If you could make a Coronado out of this I know I'd sure appreciate it. But the question is why wouldn't you use your fine series Connie?

Atrahasis

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2003, 02:42:56 am »
Here's a SFB Kearsarge Light Cruiser that I made. Can anyone tell me the registry number and the proper spelling for the name of this ship?

This model should be pretty useful as the NCL, which accoridng to the SFB specs is not really the Miranda, because it not only appears too early but is more lightly gunned.

Ducttapewonder

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2003, 03:38:38 am »
Hey Atra,

Sweet lookin ships you gots there. Good to see you back into SFC modeling again. Cant wait for D/L links

BTW. Is the Ark still gonna be your site? I would like to add a link @ my site but dont know where it should go. Are you gonna have a new site or just update the Ark?  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2003, 05:03:05 am »
Hi Atrahasis
    I don't have any diagrams of an early CA I do have an issue of Captain's log that shows what I think is an early CA modernized. It was my intention to work on finishing up the Detroyat primary hull schematics and create an early CA using the engines and saucer of that class with an earlier looking secondary hull. I've just got to do the windows around the rim of the saucer.  

Regarding the Kearsarge I'm going to send you a listing of SFB Ships this list is by no means complete but it has most of the major classes of ships on it. nice work on the Fed NCL by the way  

To See my latest schematics you can join the TreknoGraphx Yahoo groups list this is where I'm showing schematic work
and other material that I'm interested in. If your interested let me know and I'll invite you in.

Rogue

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2003, 08:19:56 am »
It might seem a little early in the year for the holidays but it already feels like it. The heat spell is broken. Football is cranking up to a fevered pitch. And Atrahasis is doing some inspired starship modeling. I'm so happy.

It doesn't take a lot to make me happy really. I've got OP just about the way I want it. Everything else is gravy from here on out. That Kearsarge... gravy. BonHomme Richard... gravy. And that TOS Loknar...  gravy. The only things I can't do now is play on D2 as I kill other peoples games. (I'm about ready to cough up money for the bandwidth)

Sorry for going so off topic here. I'm still om my first cup of coffee. But the point is I'm going to stop what I'm doing the moment the downloads for these come on line and go into acquisition mode. I'll probably be humming "It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas."  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Rogue »

Marauth

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2003, 09:21:23 am »
Quote:

If you could make a Coronado out of this I know I'd sure appreciate it. But the question is why wouldn't you use your fine series Connie?  

Erm, possibly because I don't have one. LOL I don't make new models, only kitbash - I've done a low-poly(ish) Oriskany from P81's TMP Connie but wasn't happy with it so I did a CVL and CVS in the same style using WZ's new high-poly(ish) connie and will be naming them the Coronado and Oriskany respectively (I hate that trend in SOTSF that whenever a ship is refitted it's ALWAYS the second ship in the series) I wanted a TOS Coronado to fill out the set as it were.

BTW While I remember, I was going to mention in the last post but forgot - would you be able to do the same hull plating on the Connie there as is on your Surya and Coventry classes that you released before you disappeared? It's that subtle darker hull plating like on the later TMP ships and it looked very cool on the white pre-TOS ships.

The Kearsarge looks a LOT better than the SFB miniature, esp. the bridge dome area and the b/c decks beneath it. Though I think some more individual engines would suit it as the ones it has are directly scaled down (ugh ) versions of the connie's nacelles coz the SFB artists sucked big time they couldn't even be bothered to change the shape of the nacelles.

Rogue

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2003, 10:56:32 am »
Quote:

Erm, possibly because I don't have one. LOL I don't make new models, only kitbash - I've done a low-poly(ish) Oriskany from P81's TMP Connie but wasn't happy with it so I did a CVL and CVS in the same style using WZ's new high-poly(ish) connie and will be naming them the Coronado and Oriskany respectively (I hate that trend in SOTSF that whenever a ship is refitted it's ALWAYS the second ship in the series) I wanted a TOS Coronado to fill out the set as it were.

TVL, Just to ask, did you know there is a TOS through deck CVL icluded in FD13 pack2? It it aint bad. I would guess it is a colaberation between Anduril and Ghost. If you need it you can download it at FD13 or I could email a copy. And, as a thought, what would you think of installing the TMP engines on Atrahasis's or Schtupp's Ptolemy? It is a needed tug as there isn't a nice one around to my knowledge. Not a major need as the F-tugs are mostly early era stuff but there are a couple of refits that should reflect that.  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2003, 10:59:04 am by Rogue »

wanderer

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2003, 11:12:50 am »
Atra-Hasis, you're making me a very happy fellow, indeed. Quite glad to see you back. Your models are highly prized by many D2 players, including myself. I have a number of your TOS Feds, including your CVA series, along with your Klingons and a few others. If you are ever looking for a model you may have lost, feel free to drop me a line, I may have it, ya never know.

Eagerly awaiting your new releases. Love that Bon Homme Richard!

Atrahasis

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2003, 06:42:21 pm »
Eventually I'll resuscitate my old site, the first new DL's though will be from this thread directly.

Btw, Bernard, that pic of the Eraly CA is truly inspiring! Was that pic done before or after the "Enterprise" series aired, because it just smacks of NX-01 era tech in a very cool way. Now I must model it.

By the way, could you post or send me some pics of the Old Light Cruiser?

Atrahasis

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2003, 06:44:32 pm »
Also, here is a matter for debate and opinion: since my Bonhomme Richard is in that blue-grey scheme, should the Kearsarge NCL be a simlar color, since it appears in 2269, long after the Bonhomme? I'd like to hear peoples opinions on this.  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2003, 07:34:14 pm »
Quote:

Eventually I'll resuscitate my old site, the first new DL's though will be from this thread directly.

Btw, Bernard, that pic of the Eraly CA is truly inspiring! Was that pic done before or after the "Enterprise" series aired, because it just smacks of NX-01 era tech in a very cool way. Now I must model it.

By the way, could you post or send me some pics of the Old Light Cruiser?  

I figure it came after Enterprise came out if you check out his web site he's got an early frigate drawn up
and it smacks of Enterprise Tech.  Texas Class pictures are coming your way would you like size comparison schematics
with a constitution class? I can process those in about half an hour to an hour.    

Atrahasis

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2003, 07:44:37 pm »
Yes, your size comparison schematics were instrumental in my modelling the Burke and the Kearsarge. Could you also please supply a pic of an early frigate?  

Rogue

« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2003, 08:04:32 pm »
About that blue-grey scheme.  In my fuzzy little mind I could rationalize it either way. Either the construction technique of that time would be common and therefor they would have similar hull form and styles. Or you could say that the Federation is a really big place and a great deal of the construction is scattered through many shipyards and races. That could mean that even though the ships are built to specification and available technology they might vary somewhat reflecting the style of the builders. Perhaps the Andorian or Vulcans put their own stamp upon the design. Or yet again perhaps the starships we are interested in here might be built in a centralized building facility for reasons of security. Or that it is necessary to assemble the talent and resources for such an undertaking. Not to mention the training necessary to man those ships. A big factor would be just how many starships we are talking about. I think in TOS series that they said Starfleet had about a dozen Constitutions available for service and that was the state of the art ship. Perhaps even the Federations only real starship. But in Deep Space Nine it was stated Starfleet was fielding about 10,000 starships in their war with the Dominion. There is a big difference between building, staffing and maintaining a dozen as opposed to a few thousand. Likely we would have to go with a reality that is more associated with SFB than Star Trek.

One thing I get a kick out of is that in the lore of SFB the only battleships were ever actualy built and fielded were those Klingon B10's. All the others we have been commanding are either conceptual or never got built. I think that I'm going to try that sometime in a modified shiplist. Kill all the BB's but the B10.

Having said all this...  I think it better that vessels of the day would have similar appearances as form would follow the function and technology that was mastered at the time. So... ya they would look alike.      
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Rogue »