Topic: OP+ Corrections Thread: as of version 3.1  (Read 28652 times)

FireSoul

Re: OP+ Corrections Thread: as of version 3.1
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2003, 01:08:16 am »
Quote:

FS your fighter list has duplicate columns.

I've seen this happen before when using ShipEdit. I don't know if you used that but I figured you should know.

Crap. Thanks.

FireSoul

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2003, 01:09:42 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I could apply the Centurion's model for both the PF and the INT.

I like this idea.

Quote:

3) L-WPBC and varients should use LDW model.

Quote:

3- It's a modified DD, not a DW.

Nope.  I doublechecked.  The WYN pocket "BB" (that's bee bee) is a modified Lyran DD.  The WYN pocket "BC" (that's bee see) is based on the Lyran DW.

Quote:

4) L-DSCX and varients should use OP+ DDW model.
5) L-SCX and varients should use OP+ LDW model.

Quote:

4- SCX is DD-based, not DW based.
5- see #4.

Nope again.  Doublechecked again.  The L-SCX and L-DSCX are both based on Lyran War Destroyer.  The L-SC is the one based on the DD.

Isn't this fun.

Oh and don't forget those klingon "captured" Lyrans I mentioned earlier in the thread.

On to the ISC.  

I'm going to have to check the SSDs. They always do the final ruling.

GT-Keravnos

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2003, 09:49:35 am »
3.1 is fabulous.

Models galore, goodness all around.

Just one question. Why did you change the Hydran fighters? The stock ones (model wise) were one of the prettier models I have ever seen.

Just thought I would mention that. If you aren't going to change them perhaps you should make them a little smaller? They look kinda huge right now. (when compared to the other fighters)

Also, is there ANY way you can get HYENA  in the game?

Keep up the FABULOUS work! I am loving what I am seeing!

GT-Keravnos

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2003, 09:55:44 am »
Now that GAW models are out, is there a way, ANY WAY you could include them so we could play AGAINST THEM?
Even as an AI enemy.

Also, are you thinking of tackleing Early years?

Andro CA against 5 MONS WITH hornet 3's... Poor Hydrans.

The_Infiltrator

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2003, 04:11:13 pm »

Quote:

2)  Man I wish there were more Romulan Models out there.  I searched and searched to no avail.  I wish there were a better model for the Demonhawk, Freight Eagle, KRT, Vul, Skyhawk, Seahawk, and Sabrehawk.  The Hawk series is really the delema.  I love the Feral yards models used down to the Sparrowhawk, unfortunately the Feral Yards stopped there.  Below that, all the models available for the Skyhawk and Seahawk are out of character with the Feral yards based models.  If I use the Fleetdock 13 SFB models for the Skyhawk etc. I really need to use them all and should replace the Feral models.  Dunno?

I do what I can.. but the fleetdock 13 models kinda makes the models look... klunky.

Firesoul, have you considered using a FASA model? There's a model out there that would work nicely IMO; I can't remember what it's called but it fits the description of the skyhawk nicely. The only thing is that it's a cruiser size model - but model size takes care of that.

The other thing is there a reason you didn't use Atra's stormbird for the RKCA model?

Fahrenheit

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2003, 06:13:48 pm »
Quote:

You might want to refer to how the ship specs were for SFC1, because between SFC1 and SFC2, many ships were castrated in engine power and weapons, for dubious reasons. The KRCS is probably one of them, I know for a fact that the KCR and the C-7 and the Fed BC's were among the castrated.

They were "castrated" in the sense that they lost some Ph-3s and APR.  The stuff they lost was artificially added to the ships in question to make up for the fact that SFC1 did not have ADDs.  So, for each ADD rack a ship was supposed to have, it got one Ph-3 and half an apr, rounded up, to power the ph-3 (since the ADD didn't use power).

With the introduction of ADD racks in SFC2, the weapons and power that shouldn't have been there in the first place were removed and the ADDs the ship was supposed to have were added.

Mr. Hypergol

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2003, 11:39:00 pm »
Firesoul,

Reviewed Mirakzinti shiplist.  Only real problem noted is again the FLG has wrong model link.

Hydrans also complete:

1)  Is the Caravan Tug supposed to use the Taldren HCA model?

I noted that you used the Feral Yards Hydran models mostly.  I saw that from the Monarch class BB on down to the Cheyenne NCA you used "all" Feral Yards models for these, but for the Mongol class CM, Horseman class CL, Lancer class DD,  and Hunter class FF there is a mixture of Feral Yards and Taldren models used.

What is surprising is that these models are mixed "within the same hull class"!!  For example the Mongol class uses the Taldren HCL.mod model.  Some varients of this class like the Apache and Commanche also use the Taldren model (which is understandable) but then the varients Cossack medium carrier and Tar Tar medium cruiser use Feral Yards models that don't match the Taldren model.

My question is:  What is the thinking here?  I'm trying to figure out the thought pattern you used for deciding what model to use for each ship?  Do the models create distinction between Hellbore and Fusion varients?  What's the pattern to the Hydran model selection?  

FireSoul

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2003, 12:51:25 am »
Quote:

Firesoul,

Reviewed Mirakzinti shiplist.  Only real problem noted is again the FLG has wrong model link.

Hydrans also complete:

1)  Is the Caravan Tug supposed to use the Taldren HCA model?

I noted that you used the Feral Yards Hydran models mostly.  I saw that from the Monarch class BB on down to the Cheyenne NCA you used "all" Feral Yards models for these, but for the Mongol class CM, Horseman class CL, Lancer class DD,  and Hunter class FF there is a mixture of Feral Yards and Taldren models used.

What is surprising is that these models are mixed "within the same hull class"!!  For example the Mongol class uses the Taldren HCL.mod model.  Some varients of this class like the Apache and Commanche also use the Taldren model (which is understandable) but then the varients Cossack medium carrier and Tar Tar medium cruiser use Feral Yards models that don't match the Taldren model.

My question is:  What is the thinking here?  I'm trying to figure out the thought pattern you used for deciding what model to use for each ship?  Do the models create distinction between Hellbore and Fusion varients?  What's the pattern to the Hydran model selection?  

Dunno. I have nothing against the Taldren Hydran models. I guess I was just being imaginative.

TarMinyatur

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2003, 01:10:05 am »
Do the Klingon F5W and FWK have true wing arcs instead of LS/RS for the Ph-3's?
The FWC and FWL have LS/RS Ph-1's which seem strange too. Perhaps these ought to use wing arcs.  

Lieutenant_Q

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2003, 01:32:26 am »
Fire Soul, i noticed that the Federation X refitted Command Cruiser (F-CX)? has its port and starboard phasers as LS and RS respectivly.  Should those be FLLX and FRRX?  as that gap is there so that the phaser fire doesnt "hit" the warp nacelles.  

jimmi7769

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2003, 08:41:16 am »
Quote:

The FWC and FWL have LS/RS Ph-1's which seem strange too. Perhaps these ought to use wing arcs.  

No, they're LS/RS all right.  The wing arcs would be nice but thats a design feature of the D class hulls.  The F/E class are way different designs.

TarMinyatur

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2003, 06:30:58 pm »
Thabnks jimmi. So the SSD in Captain's Log #14 for the F5W is wrong. Interesting.

Atrahasis

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2003, 12:43:43 am »
Quote:

Quote:

No, they're LS/RS all right.  The wing arcs would be nice but thats a design feature of the D class hulls.  The F/E class are way different designs.  

If any Connie-style Fed ship has LS and RS arcs instead of those split arcs, then you can count on it looking like the Battlecruiser with the lowered warp engines.  

Corbomite

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2003, 12:08:55 pm »
OK I have a question I hope someone in here can answer. I've been looking at the BCH to BCV conversions and wondering at the disparaging difference between costs of conversion, especially when it was my understanding that these things cost the same for all races. Two of the races, Mirak and ISC, seemed to have been completely ripped off by Ferengi traders or something. I found the most obvious changes so I must be missing something. So please, someone explain this to me:

Changes From

F-BCG to F-BCV -

BPV Difference = 33

+8 Fighters

+15 Crew

+1 Tractor

-2 Stock Shuttles

-3 Max Shuttles

K-C7 to K-C7V-

BPV Difference = 38

+8 Fighters

+16 Crew

-2 Stock Shuttles

H-OV to H-OS-

BPV Difference = 29

+6 Fighters

+19 Crew

-2 Stock Shuttles

-1 Max Shuttle

I-CCZ to I-BCV-

BPV Difference = 34

+8 Fighters

+6 Crew

-4 Marines

-8 Max Marines

-4 Power

-1 Stock Shuttle

-2 Max Shuttles

Z-BCH to Z-BCV-

BPV Difference = 38

+8 Fighters

+6 Crew

-1 Max Shuttle

So the Hydrans pay a little less because they get less added and a good bit taken away. The Feds and Klings seem on par as usual. Now the Mirak are paying as much as the Klings and getting 10 less crew and the permanant loss of one shuttle while the Klings only miss out on the 2 freebie shuttles for the same cost. The ISC are just disgusting and I think speak for themselves. That ship is a travesty. The heavier fighters are a slight push, but the BCV cost 263 before FS beefed up the fighters. Paying 34 points to have the hull and crew stripped seems like a sorry trade for 8 fighters.

Corbomite

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2003, 08:21:32 am »
BUMP because I'd really like this explained.

Mog

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2003, 08:50:36 am »
Wouldn't that question be more appropriately directed to ADB and Steve Cole?

jimmi7769

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2003, 08:51:51 am »
Quote:

I'll explain it for you Corbo.

This is an SFB shiplist and thats how it is in SFB.  IF you want a better answer than that you'll probably have to go to ADB's forum and ask Steve Cole.  He answers posts over there.

Corbomite

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2003, 09:00:23 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I'll explain it for you Corbo.

This is an SFB shiplist and thats how it is in SFB.  IF you want a better answer than that you'll probably have to go to ADB's forum and ask Steve Cole.  He answers posts over there.  

Most of those ships are the Taldren ships. I was asking within the context of SFC. If the answer is a SFB one then I already know the answer and it, of course, does not apply here.

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2003, 09:18:12 am »
I'm fairly sure the SFB answer is the exorbitant cost for the deck crews, something like 3 BPV each.

jimmi7769

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2003, 09:25:37 am »
Actually for a truer SFB answer I think you have to go to the text mentioning that the Star Cruiser matches up well against other races BCH's that'd be the CAZ and not the CCZ.  the CAZ has 40 power right??  Maybe thats the reason the BCV only has 40 power.  It's based off of the CA and not the CC which in SFB was considered a pocket DN

And yes I know this isn't SFB and it doesn't apply here.  I'm just a historian trying the give you some information.  I'm not saying it's right or it should be this way in sfc cause its like that in sfb.  I'm just passing along information for those that may not know it.  And no I don't want everything to be just like sfb.