Topic: OP+ Corrections Thread: as of version 3.1  (Read 28238 times)

FireSoul

OP+ Corrections Thread: as of version 3.1
« on: September 25, 2003, 01:47:46 pm »
I'd like to "close" the previous correction thread and start on a new one. I will probably use this thread as a kind of "notepad", writing down my own thoughts in here, as well as listening to yours.

I decided to go ahead and just publish the darned thing without further ado, because I figure I have done enough testing already.

Dogmatix!

Re: OP+ Corrections Thread: as of version 3.1
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 05:20:48 pm »
Again...cool fish...I look forward to checking it out.  Thanks for your efforts, FS.

Mr. Hypergol

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 12:57:01 am »
O.k. I've gone through the Fed portion of the 3.1 shiplist.  Here are my questions:

1)  F-CDW is a commando version of the Ortega class war destroyer.  The shiplist should point to the OP 3.1 fdw.mod not fhdw.mod.

2)  F-DGX is based on the Saladin Class DD+.  The shiplist should point to fdd+.mod, not FDDX.mod.  Any "X-reffitted" ship should be an older hull refitted with X-tech.  Maybe I'm wrong here but it seems that the hull should look like a Saladin?  That DDX model is cool. but it's too far from the Saladin origins to me.  Just opinion here.

3)  F-DNL came out in 2267 should it not still be based on the old Federation class model?  Currently the F-DNL points to the DN+ model in the shiplist.  I know this is a picky question.

4)  F-FFX is an "x-refitted" frigate based on the Burke class and should point to the op 3.1 shiplist fff.mod instead of the Taldren frigate model.

5)  F-FLG came out in 2234.  It should use the op 3.1 fpol.mod instead of the fpol+.mod.  Picky picky

6)  Just like item 2 above, F-SCX is based on the Saladin class SC+.  The shiplist should point to fdd+.mod, not FDDX.mod.  Any "X-reffitted" ship should be an older hull refitted with X-tech.  Again, the DDX model is cool, but the model should be more Saladin like......eh?

Well now, that should just about make the OP 3.1 shiplist perfect for the feds.

Firesoul........excellent work.  I'm loving this.  Next I'll review the Klinks and eventually the rest.

FireSoul

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 09:33:28 am »
Quote:

O.k. I've gone through the Fed portion of the 3.1 shiplist.  Here are my questions:

1)  F-CDW is a commando version of the Ortega class war destroyer.  The shiplist should point to the OP 3.1 fdw.mod not fhdw.mod.

Right. Thanks.

Quote:

2)  F-DGX is based on the Saladin Class DD+.  The shiplist should point to fdd+.mod, not FDDX.mod.  Any "X-reffitted" ship should be an older hull refitted with X-tech.  Maybe I'm wrong here but it seems that the hull should look like a Saladin?  That DDX model is cool. but it's too far from the Saladin origins to me.  Just opinion here.

The single warp engine was removed, and a dual warp engine system with 12 warps each was installed, NCL-style.

Quote:

3)  F-DNL came out in 2267 should it not still be based on the old Federation class model?  Currently the F-DNL points to the DN+ model in the shiplist.  I know this is a picky question.

Good one.. Hmm..  I guess you're right. I'm goping to have to review that.

Quote:

4)  F-FFX is an "x-refitted" frigate based on the Burke class and should point to the op 3.1 shiplist fff.mod instead of the Taldren frigate model.

Right. Thanks.

Quote:

5)  F-FLG came out in 2234.  It should use the op 3.1 fpol.mod instead of the fpol+.mod.  Picky picky

Picky's what I need, here, when it comes to models.

Quote:

6)  Just like item 2 above, F-SCX is based on the Saladin class SC+.  The shiplist should point to fdd+.mod, not FDDX.mod.  Any "X-reffitted" ship should be an older hull refitted with X-tech.  Again, the DDX model is cool, but the model should be more Saladin like......eh?

Just like the item 2 above, it was a conversion.

Quote:

Well now, that should just about make the OP 3.1 shiplist perfect for the feds.

Firesoul........excellent work.  I'm loving this.  Next I'll review the Klinks and eventually the rest.

Are you having fun, at least?

Corbomite

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 10:12:57 am »
FS is the KRCS supposed to only have 39 power? It used to have 41.

FireSoul

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 10:27:39 am »
Quote:

*looks at SSD*
30 warp
4 Impulse
5 APR

Yes.  
Edit addition:  It's a D7C, converted. The "Emer Impulse" which is in the boom is an APR in the Romulan conversion.

-- Luc
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 10:34:11 am by FireSoul »

Corbomite

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 10:48:25 am »
Oh well, scratch one of few good rom ships before late era.... sigh.

jimmi7769

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 12:49:57 pm »
Quote:

When did it ever have 41???

The D7W has 41.  They don't have a D7W based ship, though I'm sure they'd like one......

Well, I see it right there in the stock list.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 12:53:36 pm by jimmi7769 »

Corbomite

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2003, 01:13:19 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

The D7W has 41.  They don't have a D7W based ship, though I'm sure they'd like one......

Then I guess you answered your own question.

FireSoul

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2003, 03:39:46 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The KRC is based on the D7C. The KRCS is a PLaS refit of the KRC. It doesn't add power.
.. and no, I do not see a D7W variant in the shiplist, nor any SSDs.

Mr. Hypergol

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2003, 03:54:06 pm »

Quote:

The single warp engine was removed, and a dual warp engine system with 12 warps each was installed, NCL-style.

Ahh, then the model makes sense.  I need to read up a bit on the x-ships.  I've got all the latest SFB stuff, but it's been a while since I read the x-ship descriptions.  I'll go through that stuff tonight to refresh my memory.  I have been using one of the latest Master Ship Charts from the "un-official SFB website" as I go through your shiplist.  The DGX was listed under the Saladin class so, without reading the description, I assumed it's appearance was similar.  Not!!

Quote:

Are you having fun, at least?

Oh yes......I love this stuff.  I tend to gravitate toward "complicated" hobbies.............except for my beer drinking hobby that is.

I reviewed the Kingon shiplist earlier today and it looks pretty good.  I don't have my notes with me because I'm not currently at home so here's some things from memory (I'll post more details from my notes later):

1)  The K-E3 and the K-G2 are essentially the same hull.  Shouldn't the E3 use the same model as the G2?  For me this is a tough one to answer based on the description I read for the E3.  It said something like "The E3 is basically a smaller version of the E4".  Does this mean the E4, E3, and G2 should all use the same model?  I'm going to go ahead and make the E3 use the G2 model myself.  This could just be left alone and let the fans just swap the model in the model folders, but I wanted to see your thoughts on this.

2)  The captured Lyran ships (can't remember designations) both point ot the wrong model.  The Panther CL points to the CA model instead of the CL model, and the Leopard DD points to the CL model instead of the DD model.  Maybe I missed something funky here with the model paths, but I think there's something wrong with these.

I'll post more late tonight.  Thanks.    

jimmi7769

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2003, 06:46:55 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The KRC is based on the D7C. The KRCS is a PLaS refit of the KRC. It doesn't add power.

Agreed.  I never knew the KRCS had 41 power in the stock list.  I know it's wrong, I just didn't know it.  

As for a KRW....hmmm, sounds interesting.....

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2003, 01:34:07 pm »
Stupid question time:

What happened to the STOCK ships like the FBCH and the PCL?

KF

FireSoul

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2003, 01:49:16 pm »
Quote:

Stupid question time:

KF  

What do you mean? I don't follow what you're asking about.

DH123

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2003, 03:02:37 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed.  I never knew the KRCS had 41 power in the stock list.  I know it's wrong, I just didn't know it.  

As for a KRW....hmmm, sounds interesting.....  

Agreed.  

FireSoul

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2003, 03:02:40 pm »
Quote:

Stupid question time:

In my own installed OP dir, these files are still present.

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2003, 03:05:02 pm »
OK I figured out why I was having problems: I needed to add 'assets' to the model file line, LOL. That's what I get for being sick....

NON-OP PLUS Shiplist questions:

LDR/Camboro:

They simply can?t go into Tiger Heart and Camboro slots correct?

Mirror Universe Terran Empire Imperial ships:

Should they simply be a copy of the Federation shiplist renamed to a pirate cartel designation? E. g., Syndicate ?S-FBCH?

I applaud your work but I'm not a big TOS/SFB model fan. Your FDNG model I have as part of my Imperials that includes nearly ALL the kitbashes of P81's USS EXPLORER... I figure the Imperials are more war oriented and have more uniform ship designs.

Qapla!

KF

« Last Edit: October 03, 2003, 06:27:03 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

IndyShark

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2003, 06:03:04 pm »
Firesoul, should the Mirak BCX have phaser I's or Phaser X's? MIne has I's.

Strafer

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2003, 06:11:30 pm »
If it's an X ship, should be X phasers.

FireSoul

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2003, 07:47:32 pm »
Quote:

LDR/Camboro:

They simply can?t go into Tiger Heart and Camboro slots correct?

The problem is in the engine doubling. Viewing a ship while buying it would also be broken if looking for a ship that didn't originate from that race.  ie: lyran ships have to be in the lyran race to show up properly everywhere.

Quote:

Mirror Universe Terran Empire Imperial ships:
Should they simply be a copy of the Federation shiplist renamed to a pirate cartel designation? E. g., Syndicate ?S-FBCH?

Same as above: broken engine doubling (which could be turned off) and minor vieing problems.

Quote:

I applaud your work but I'm not a big TOS/SFB model fan. Your FDNG model I have as part of my Imperials that includes nearly ALL the kitbashes of P81's USS EXPLORER... I figure the Imperials are more war oriented and have more uniform ship designs.

To each his own, remember that.