Topic: Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell  (Read 19336 times)

LongTooth

Re: Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2003, 01:42:37 am »
Quote:

Right, sorry, but I'm going to have to say this.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, YOU DAFT FOOL??? Just because taldren sticks to their guns on an issue doesn't mean that they've gone a microsoft big-evil corperate and have utterly abandoned a game. I means that they don't want those three individuals posting. That's ALL. I'm sure dave would tell you that Taldren was and still is very proud of SFCII.

You ignorant, pompous, self-absorbed, arrogant, pathetic, single-minded, bloody-headed LOSER. Get this through your head! Taldren doesn't hate its players. Taldren is NOT incompetant. Taldren can do what they please on these forums, and they are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT to do it. This DOES NOT MAKE THEM STUPID, RUDE, INSENSITIVE, OR ALIENATED FROM THE GAMER. It makes them resolute, maybe even adamant. Not bad qualities, I would say.

Quit freaking out at Taldren. They make my absolute favorite video game series, and I think others here would say the same. They make damned fine games, and we're sick and tired of a few whiners coming on here and telling them that they can't write.

I mean come ON! I've been on this forum all of a month, and almost 2/3 of all posts I've seen have been anti-taldren! I know that I've engaged in it a bit myself, but I always, always added 'just kidding, taldren is great' to my post. Grow up! We purchased the game. Taldren is under absolutely NO legal constraint to patch it. They could claim its meant to be this way. They're working for OUR benefit alone. Patching will not bring them money! So SHUT UP about how much taldren has sold out, because the only thing they've sold out is their own bank accounts, to help US.

Really, I am sorry to yell like that, but COME ON people. GROW UP.

Alexander

Good advice you should take it
Also as your such a fan you may want to go here and add your name
 http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=16334&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

You will also note that some of the people in that thread  have also been knocking taldren of late heres an off the wall idea for you maybe we like the games too
On a final note (and if I may quote you) You ignorant, pompous, self-absorbed, arrogant, pathetic, single-minded, bloody-headed LOSER now realy you should not chuck stones in glass houses

Toasty0

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2003, 05:14:04 am »
Quote:

The fact that in your 1 month 2/3rds of the post have been "Anti-Taldren" might also imply that a different technique for customer relations might be worth Taldren's consideration?  

BTW thats a lot of name-calling bud.  

66%? Hmmm, posted by a whopping total of .05% percent of the forum population. That's 66% percent of the posts posted by .05% of the forum population--kind of supports Alexander's supposition, doncha think?

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2003, 07:01:35 am »
Quote:

Right, sorry, but I'm going to have to say this.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, YOU DAFT FOOL???
You ignorant, pompous, self-absorbed, arrogant, pathetic, single-minded, bloody-headed LOSER. Get this through your head! Few whiners coming on here and telling them that they can't write.  

Mister Ferrell,

This I guess is acceptable?

Hooch

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2003, 08:40:38 am »
Quote:

Quote:

The fact that in your 1 month 2/3rds of the post have been "Anti-Taldren" might also imply that a different technique for customer relations might be worth Taldren's consideration?  

BTW thats a lot of name-calling bud.  

66%? Hmmm, posted by a whopping total of .05% percent of the forum population. That's 66% percent of the posts posted by .05% of the forum population--kind of supports Alexander's supposition, doncha think?

I guess by this reason 99.05% of the forum population was only willing to put up token disagreement to those .05%... guess they didn't feel differently or strongly different to it  

Never said he was wrong Toasty, just that Taldren might want to consider a different technique for customer relations, and that he might want to consider watching the name calling that has been known to result in banning.

But  I don't want to start a new "crusade", so I will let it drop here unless I see another post of that nature.  

PS I don't consider myself "Anti-Taldren", I love SFC2, it was the best game I have ever owned.  I also consider myself pro-USA but this doesn't mean I won't write to my congressman if something bugs me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by KATChuutRitt »

David Ferrell

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2003, 11:24:08 am »
Quote:

Erik, anyone at Taldren;  do you recognize the rift thats forming between SFC2 and SFC3?  Recent events, not related to this banning, created a schism between the SFC2 and 3 communities at the very least on the sfc2.net forums.   Stuff like this; with most all of the DV2 community rallying around a cause, only further proves to many players of SFC2's dynaverse that Taldren truely does not support that game anymore.  That the small business that we could always trust for support and level headedness  appears to be gone; left to join the larger faceless developement houses which deal with their community in a clumsy, hands off manner.  

Huh?

What kind of reasonable support (or even unreasonable) aren't we giving EAW?

Confused,

Dave  

Sethan

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2003, 11:34:30 am »
Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Have to go with Taldren on this one.  The simple fact that they are continuing to provide a mechanism by which the games can be patched (and that patches continue to come out for them) demonstrates that they are willing to support the games (and their customers) long after most game companies would have given up.

This is particularly true when you consider that it was Interplay's responsibility (as the publisher) to provide support for them - not Taldren's as the developer.  Most development houses would simply refer you to the publisher for support - Taldren took over support for the games when it became apparent that Interplay had neither the desire nor intent to support them.

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2003, 11:51:55 am »
Missed that one earlier,

I also see no lack of support on Dyna 2 by Taldren either.  

If anyone has any evidence to the contrary, I would like to see it.

TheSatyr

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2003, 12:44:25 pm »
If what Dave posts disturbs some people then i suggest never going to the battlefront.com(Combat mission) forums.

When the devs there get tired of people they rip them to shreds.

Dave is tame by comparison.  

David Ferrell

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2003, 01:34:11 pm »
Quote:

If what Dave posts disturbs some people then i suggest never going to the battlefront.com(Combat mission) forums.

However, some of things I have said lately were unnecessary.  I do apologize for my harshness at times
and I do intend to get away from it all for awhile and recharge.

Thanks,

Dave  

Karnak

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2003, 02:09:34 pm »
In my experience, people/organizations are very rarely anywhere near as bad as they are made out to be because the rhetoric can get so thick on the forums.

I remember Taldren providing the EAW 2.0.3.6 patch at the same time as going gold with SFC3. If the company did not care about SFC2 then they still would have left the D2 community hanging with Crash To Desktop on Targeting bugs with the 2.0.3.3 patch.

As for people arguing with each other on the forums. Some of them become good friends after they fight a good few battles on the dyna cuz they never break the sacred rule of boycotting the other in game play.  The ones that do really should consider another leisure hobby, IMHO.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

Rob Cole

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2003, 03:29:37 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

However, some of things I have said lately were unnecessary.  I do apologize for my harshness at times
and I do intend to get away from it all for awhile and recharge.

Thanks,

Dave  

Ya think????????Been kind of harsh of late Dave.
Perhaps you need a long vacation.

LongTooth

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2003, 03:55:15 pm »
NP dave the last 2 weeks have been heated for a lot of us I think we should all sit back and take a brether

SSCF Hooch

Re: Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell *DELETED*
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2003, 05:00:16 pm »
Post deleted by SSCF Hooch

Rob Cole

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2003, 05:26:06 pm »
Better be careful Hoochie...

TheSatyr

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2003, 05:35:45 pm »
What part of "no" don't you understand???  

Stormbringer

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2003, 05:40:37 pm »
Your sig kind of clashes with your post.

Toasty0

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2003, 06:42:09 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Erik, anyone at Taldren;  do you recognize the rift thats forming between SFC2 and SFC3?  Recent events, not related to this banning, created a schism between the SFC2 and 3 communities at the very least on the sfc2.net forums.   Stuff like this; with most all of the DV2 community rallying around a cause, only further proves to many players of SFC2's dynaverse that Taldren truely does not support that game anymore.  That the small business that we could always trust for support and level headedness  appears to be gone; left to join the larger faceless developement houses which deal with their community in a clumsy, hands off manner.  

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Mister Ferrell,

I have no issue with your games or support. I am pleased to see you posting again. I would like to see you take one last step with the banned ones and see what the community response is. If they jack it up this time shame on them.

Hooch  

Someone take the blinders off of Hooch's face, will ya? Obviously no was too small a word for him to see.  

J'inn

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2003, 06:49:37 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Now I'm PO'd!  What kind of support??!!!   Grrrr.

A Mr. Bradley Schenk, Taldren Trouble Making Dept., clearly informed me that Taldren would send me $20.00 USD (none of that Canadian stuff) every time I killed another player in EAW combat.

For the times I died I held up my part of the bargin.  I assume you folks at the a office were wondering why that beer truck keep pulling up to his parking spot.   Yeah it cost me a lot of brews but after over a year and a half of trying I finally killed off someone (name withheld to avoid making them a laughing stock).

I am still waiting for my $20.00.

Support?   Hmmph!   I'm still waiting.

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2003, 10:38:14 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Mister Ferrell,

I have no issue with your games or support. I am pleased to see you posting again. I would like to see you take one last step with the banned ones and see what the community response is. If they jack it up this time shame on them.

Hooch  

Someone take the blinders off of Hooch's face, will ya? Obviously no was too small a word for him to see.  

Mister O,

Please refrain from making nasty comments at me. I would rather you just not. I am not being mean or any such thing so please...

Hooch

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2003, 11:38:34 pm »
Dave after your break I would like to invite you over to the SFC2.net forums for a discussion on the bannings.  I will ask that everyone there extend their utmost courtesy to you (no promises regarding Die Hard though, and perhaps we can generate a meaningful dialogue that is flame free <crosses fingers>,  

There may be things that the pro-unbanning lobby has not taken into consideration which you would like to state, and there are likely other questions that this lobby would like a more detailed and more polite explanation for..  

I will respect "your house" here by not trying to ressurrect the unban thread, as per your request.  So I hope you find it worthwhile to respect mine.  In light of the heat of recent debate on this issue, a change of venue might be more productive and help restore better relations between all involved parties.

P.S. I will stick up for your right to be treated civially there, in appreaciation for such an appearance, and on principle as well.  Consider yourself my personal guest if you wish, I will do my best to have you treated well there, regardless of any differences of opinion we may have over this issue.

Just start the thread yourself or send me a PM and I will start one for you.  Thanks for your consideration.