Topic: Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell  (Read 19332 times)

SSCF Hooch

Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell
« on: February 11, 2003, 01:30:54 pm »

Quote:

They were never un-banned.

They will not be coming back.

Any further threads of this sort will be deleted as a public nuisance.

Thanks,

Dave

--------------------
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16  

Thank you for at least saying it.

I really mean  that, it is your nickel as it were anyway. You might have answered sooner, it would have be nice. Personally it saddens me, but many things in life are dis-appointing. Saying you will delete another post like this I find refreshingly honest, direct and to the point.

It does suprise me that you choose not to ban me for being a public nuisance as you put it. (mind you, I ain't asking to be)

Now for my two cents on SFC III

Much as I wanted to not like it, I do. Your team did many good things here.

1. Warp, love it.
2. Reverse, really love it.
3. Ship and crew configurations, the best seen to date (an Air Force inspection term for "you do this very well" )
4. Fleeting, much better than SFCII (sorry guys I really think that)
5. Ease of play, it does flow smootherfor than EaW for the new player
6. Chat seems better, I like the expanded space to type

The things I don't like

1. Lack of mission diversity, I like flipping hexes and planning an offensive across a map.
2. Campaign possiblities are not as good for private servers as in SFC II
3. Too few races, four is just not enough. I hope you expand it soon
4. I like transporter mines, greater detail in power management, and ECM / ECCM
5. The tractoring seems to have added a nasty cheese factor

What I do find curious is that playing III has oddly made my II game better, it's a mystery to me how that happened.

Now bugs always happen, every game comes out with them, your a good game company and I know you will fix them.

There, was that so bad?

Hooch        
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by SSCF Hooch »

J'inn

Re: Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 01:42:44 pm »
Yes, thanks for responding.  

Now we can go on with our standard bitc . . . erm,  discussions, about all things SFC.  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 01:45:13 pm »
Quote:

Yes, thanks for responding.  

Now we can go on with our standard bitc . . . erm,  discussions, about all things SFC.  

J'inn, you qwack me up, BTW, I have a warrant I need to chat with you about    

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 01:49:34 pm »
Agreed Hooch,

Thank you Mr. Ferrell

Glad to have your answer, if somewhat belatedly.

I am saddened by you decisioin also but it is your right.  I would have liked more explanation esp about Max's banning,  but again that is your choice.

I also was not asking to be banned in my support of those who were, just wanting the issue to be noted.   Although I accepted banning as a possible consequence of this.  As for being a nuisance, yes I most certainly was, but for a cause i believed in (and still do).  Now that I have your answer I will try to be less of one, at least on your forums, as I reserve the right to state my opinion of your decision on other less sensitive ones.  And Dave, if you choose to post on those forums, I will defend your right to do so as I have defended the banned individuals here.  Just because I don't agree with you desn't mean that I wont defend your right to disagree.

P.S.

I don't care for SCF3, hopefully it will get to the point where I do with patches and more missions,  but I don't feel that others need to share my view on this.  If it is fun for you, play it, and good will to you all.

David Ferrell

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 04:27:55 pm »
NP.

As far as mission diversity goes, there should be two more missions coming out around the time of the patch,
by some Nerdlat fellow: Surprise Reversed and a monster mission.

We still hope to get more out of this poor fellow, but no timeline has been set.

Thanks,

Dave  

FatherTed

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 04:36:40 pm »
Urm, speaking of patches, any word on the OP patch? -dives back into the bomb shelter    

korus

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2003, 04:52:17 pm »
Quote:

NP.

As far as mission diversity goes, there should be two more missions coming out around the time of the patch,
by some Nerdlat fellow: Surprise Reversed and a monster mission.

We still hope to get more out of this poor fellow, but no timeline has been set.

Thanks,

Dave  

*perks up ears* Monster Mission?! Doomsday Machine making a comeback??  I'll try to do a flip if it is... hehe    I do miss shipyard defense and attack.... Thanks for the update!

Korus

David Ferrell

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2003, 05:01:52 pm »
Quote:

Urm, speaking of patches, any word on the OP patch? -dives back into the bomb shelter    

Currently in testing looking for bugs.

Thanks,

Dave  

Akhilles

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2003, 05:15:46 pm »
Anyone know where I can get a copy of OP? Or is it too old to buy in the stores? I cannot find a copy in my local ebgames store.

LongTooth

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2003, 05:17:36 pm »
Thanks dave
Well we tried its something we felt strongley about and had to fight for
Taldren has all way been open and honest with us once again thanks  

The Postman

Re: OP still available
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2003, 06:14:50 pm »
Quote:

Anyone know where I can get a copy of OP? Or is it too old to buy in the stores? I cannot find a copy in my local ebgames store.  

I just checked on  Interplay's web site and they still list it @$9.95. They also show SFC1 and EAW as still available as well.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by The Postman »

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2003, 06:29:00 pm »
Quote:

Originally posted by KatChuutRitt

Agreed Hooch,

Thank you Mr. Ferrell

Glad to have your answer, if somewhat belatedly.

I am saddened by you decisioin also but it is your right.  I would have liked more explanation esp about Max's banning,  but again that is your choice.

Not to drag this up, but, since they were never un-banned, here is the explanation on why they were.

From the Old Forums

Dave, thanks for at least giving an explanation, that's the least we could have asked for.

Good luck with whatever you guys have planned, and thanks for the great games.  

NCC2012

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2003, 07:44:25 pm »
THANK YOU!  

Pestalence

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2003, 07:52:13 pm »
Quote:

Comp USA

Best Buy

Babbages

Game Stop

i have seen OP in these stores in the bargin bins in the last week here in Miami, Florida.. Maybe the stores like these near you may have them.. have a whirl in the phone book and call them up..

also check out Amazon.com , they generally have New and Used software and the last time i checked, they had all 4 SFC titles in stock... but that was 3 months ago.

hope that this helps

Akhilles

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2003, 08:04:17 pm »
Thanks, got it at Gamestop for $9.99

hobbesmaster

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2003, 08:49:37 pm »
Erik, anyone at Taldren;  do you recognize the rift thats forming between SFC2 and SFC3?  Recent events, not related to this banning, created a schism between the SFC2 and 3 communities at the very least on the sfc2.net forums.   Stuff like this; with most all of the DV2 community rallying around a cause, only further proves to many players of SFC2's dynaverse that Taldren truely does not support that game anymore.  That the small business that we could always trust for support and level headedness  appears to be gone; left to join the larger faceless developement houses which deal with their community in a clumsy, hands off manner.  

Alexander1701

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2003, 12:01:53 am »
  Right, sorry, but I'm going to have to say this.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, YOU DAFT FOOL??? Just because taldren sticks to their guns on an issue doesn't mean that they've gone a microsoft big-evil corperate and have utterly abandoned a game. I means that they don't want those three individuals posting. That's ALL. I'm sure dave would tell you that Taldren was and still is very proud of SFCII.

You ignorant, pompous, self-absorbed, arrogant, pathetic, single-minded, bloody-headed LOSER. Get this through your head! Taldren doesn't hate its players. Taldren is NOT incompetant. Taldren can do what they please on these forums, and they are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT to do it. This DOES NOT MAKE THEM STUPID, RUDE, INSENSITIVE, OR ALIENATED FROM THE GAMER. It makes them resolute, maybe even adamant. Not bad qualities, I would say.

Quit freaking out at Taldren. They make my absolute favorite video game series, and I think others here would say the same. They make damned fine games, and we're sick and tired of a few whiners coming on here and telling them that they can't write.

I mean come ON! I've been on this forum all of a month, and almost 2/3 of all posts I've seen have been anti-taldren! I know that I've engaged in it a bit myself, but I always, always added 'just kidding, taldren is great' to my post. Grow up! We purchased the game. Taldren is under absolutely NO legal constraint to patch it. They could claim its meant to be this way. They're working for OUR benefit alone. Patching will not bring them money! So SHUT UP about how much taldren has sold out, because the only thing they've sold out is their own bank accounts, to help US.

Really, I am sorry to yell like that, but COME ON people. GROW UP.

Alexander

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2003, 12:22:40 am »
The fact that in your 1 month 2/3rds of the post have been "Anti-Taldren" might also imply that a different technique for customer relations might be worth Taldren's consideration?  

BTW thats a lot of name-calling bud.

Alexander1701

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2003, 12:31:30 am »
  Is it really? I've seen less used against taldren. And they're here at WORK. The people to whom that comment was addressed just show up because they want to.

Yeah, I guess it is name-calling. But at least I didn't swear TOO much. And I am not anti-reinstatement. I'm Pro-Taldren.

Alexander

ChamadaIV

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2003, 12:33:33 am »
Weeee!!!  Now let's see that spiffy little shotgun blast of a post, again. This time in slow-mo and in a more eye-catching color!  

Quote:

Right, sorry, but I'm going to have to say this.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, YOU DAFT FOOL??? Just because taldren sticks to their guns on an issue doesn't mean that they've gone a microsoft big-evil corperate and have utterly abandoned a game. I means that they don't want those three individuals posting. That's ALL. I'm sure dave would tell you that Taldren was and still is very proud of SFCII.

You ignorant, pompous, self-absorbed, arrogant, pathetic, single-minded, bloody-headed LOSER. Get this through your head! Taldren doesn't hate its players. Taldren is NOT incompetant. Taldren can do what they please on these forums, and they are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT to do it. This DOES NOT MAKE THEM STUPID, RUDE, INSENSITIVE, OR ALIENATED FROM THE GAMER. It makes them resolute, maybe even adamant. Not bad qualities, I would say.

Quit freaking out at Taldren. They make my absolute favorite video game series, and I think others here would say the same. They make damned fine games, and we're sick and tired of a few whiners coming on here and telling them that they can't write.

I mean come ON! I've been on this forum all of a month, and almost 2/3 of all posts I've seen have been anti-taldren! I know that I've engaged in it a bit myself, but I always, always added 'just kidding, taldren is great' to my post. Grow up! We purchased the game. Taldren is under absolutely NO legal constraint to patch it. They could claim its meant to be this way. They're working for OUR benefit alone. Patching will not bring them money! So SHUT UP about how much taldren has sold out, because the only thing they've sold out is their own bank accounts, to help US.

Really, I am sorry to yell like that, but COME ON people. GROW UP.

Alexander

Ah yes, another product of whimsical free speech in all its verbal glory....

Sorry if this rendition was insulting, but the above was insulting to me....so we're even now.