Topic: Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell  (Read 19333 times)

SSCF Hooch

Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell
« on: February 11, 2003, 01:30:54 pm »

Quote:

They were never un-banned.

They will not be coming back.

Any further threads of this sort will be deleted as a public nuisance.

Thanks,

Dave

--------------------
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16  

Thank you for at least saying it.

I really mean  that, it is your nickel as it were anyway. You might have answered sooner, it would have be nice. Personally it saddens me, but many things in life are dis-appointing. Saying you will delete another post like this I find refreshingly honest, direct and to the point.

It does suprise me that you choose not to ban me for being a public nuisance as you put it. (mind you, I ain't asking to be)

Now for my two cents on SFC III

Much as I wanted to not like it, I do. Your team did many good things here.

1. Warp, love it.
2. Reverse, really love it.
3. Ship and crew configurations, the best seen to date (an Air Force inspection term for "you do this very well" )
4. Fleeting, much better than SFCII (sorry guys I really think that)
5. Ease of play, it does flow smootherfor than EaW for the new player
6. Chat seems better, I like the expanded space to type

The things I don't like

1. Lack of mission diversity, I like flipping hexes and planning an offensive across a map.
2. Campaign possiblities are not as good for private servers as in SFC II
3. Too few races, four is just not enough. I hope you expand it soon
4. I like transporter mines, greater detail in power management, and ECM / ECCM
5. The tractoring seems to have added a nasty cheese factor

What I do find curious is that playing III has oddly made my II game better, it's a mystery to me how that happened.

Now bugs always happen, every game comes out with them, your a good game company and I know you will fix them.

There, was that so bad?

Hooch        
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by SSCF Hooch »

J'inn

Re: Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 01:42:44 pm »
Yes, thanks for responding.  

Now we can go on with our standard bitc . . . erm,  discussions, about all things SFC.  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 01:45:13 pm »
Quote:

Now we can go on with our standard bitc . . . erm,  discussions, about all things SFC.  

J'inn, you qwack me up, BTW, I have a warrant I need to chat with you about    

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 01:49:34 pm »
Agreed Hooch,

Thank you Mr. Ferrell

Glad to have your answer, if somewhat belatedly.

I am saddened by you decisioin also but it is your right.  I would have liked more explanation esp about Max's banning,  but again that is your choice.

I also was not asking to be banned in my support of those who were, just wanting the issue to be noted.   Although I accepted banning as a possible consequence of this.  As for being a nuisance, yes I most certainly was, but for a cause i believed in (and still do).  Now that I have your answer I will try to be less of one, at least on your forums, as I reserve the right to state my opinion of your decision on other less sensitive ones.  And Dave, if you choose to post on those forums, I will defend your right to do so as I have defended the banned individuals here.  Just because I don't agree with you desn't mean that I wont defend your right to disagree.

P.S.

I don't care for SCF3, hopefully it will get to the point where I do with patches and more missions,  but I don't feel that others need to share my view on this.  If it is fun for you, play it, and good will to you all.

David Ferrell

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 04:27:55 pm »
NP.

As far as mission diversity goes, there should be two more missions coming out around the time of the patch,
by some Nerdlat fellow: Surprise Reversed and a monster mission.

We still hope to get more out of this poor fellow, but no timeline has been set.

Thanks,

Dave  

FatherTed

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 04:36:40 pm »
Urm, speaking of patches, any word on the OP patch? -dives back into the bomb shelter    

korus

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2003, 04:52:17 pm »
Quote:

NP.

As far as mission diversity goes, there should be two more missions coming out around the time of the patch,

We still hope to get more out of this poor fellow, but no timeline has been set.

Thanks,

Dave  

*perks up ears* Monster Mission?! Doomsday Machine making a comeback??  I'll try to do a flip if it is... hehe    I do miss shipyard defense and attack.... Thanks for the update!

Korus

David Ferrell

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2003, 05:01:52 pm »
Quote:

Urm, speaking of patches, any word on the OP patch? -dives back into the bomb shelter    

Currently in testing looking for bugs.

Thanks,

Dave  

Akhilles

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2003, 05:15:46 pm »
Anyone know where I can get a copy of OP? Or is it too old to buy in the stores? I cannot find a copy in my local ebgames store.

LongTooth

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2003, 05:17:36 pm »
Thanks dave
Well we tried its something we felt strongley about and had to fight for
Taldren has all way been open and honest with us once again thanks  

The Postman

Re: OP still available
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2003, 06:14:50 pm »
Quote:

Anyone know where I can get a copy of OP? Or is it too old to buy in the stores? I cannot find a copy in my local ebgames store.  

I just checked on  Interplay's web site and they still list it @$9.95. They also show SFC1 and EAW as still available as well.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by The Postman »

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2003, 06:29:00 pm »
Quote:

Originally posted by KatChuutRitt

Agreed Hooch,

Thank you Mr. Ferrell

I am saddened by you decisioin also but it is your right.  I would have liked more explanation esp about Max's banning,  but again that is your choice.

Not to drag this up, but, since they were never un-banned, here is the explanation on why they were.

From the Old Forums

Dave, thanks for at least giving an explanation, that's the least we could have asked for.

Good luck with whatever you guys have planned, and thanks for the great games.  

NCC2012

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2003, 07:44:25 pm »
THANK YOU!  

Pestalence

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2003, 07:52:13 pm »
Quote:

Comp USA

Best Buy

Babbages

Game Stop

i have seen OP in these stores in the bargin bins in the last week here in Miami, Florida.. Maybe the stores like these near you may have them.. have a whirl in the phone book and call them up..

also check out Amazon.com , they generally have New and Used software and the last time i checked, they had all 4 SFC titles in stock... but that was 3 months ago.

hope that this helps

Akhilles

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2003, 08:04:17 pm »
Thanks, got it at Gamestop for $9.99

hobbesmaster

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2003, 08:49:37 pm »
Erik, anyone at Taldren;  do you recognize the rift thats forming between SFC2 and SFC3?  Recent events, not related to this banning, created a schism between the SFC2 and 3 communities at the very least on the sfc2.net forums.   Stuff like this; with most all of the DV2 community rallying around a cause, only further proves to many players of SFC2's dynaverse that Taldren truely does not support that game anymore.  That the small business that we could always trust for support and level headedness  appears to be gone; left to join the larger faceless developement houses which deal with their community in a clumsy, hands off manner.  

Alexander1701

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2003, 12:01:53 am »
  Right, sorry, but I'm going to have to say this.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, YOU DAFT FOOL??? Just because taldren sticks to their guns on an issue doesn't mean that they've gone a microsoft big-evil corperate and have utterly abandoned a game. I means that they don't want those three individuals posting. That's ALL. I'm sure dave would tell you that Taldren was and still is very proud of SFCII.

You ignorant, pompous, self-absorbed, arrogant, pathetic, single-minded, bloody-headed LOSER. Get this through your head! Taldren doesn't hate its players. Taldren is NOT incompetant. Taldren can do what they please on these forums, and they are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT to do it. This DOES NOT MAKE THEM STUPID, RUDE, INSENSITIVE, OR ALIENATED FROM THE GAMER. It makes them resolute, maybe even adamant. Not bad qualities, I would say.

Quit freaking out at Taldren. They make my absolute favorite video game series, and I think others here would say the same. They make damned fine games, and we're sick and tired of a few whiners coming on here and telling them that they can't write.

I mean come ON! I've been on this forum all of a month, and almost 2/3 of all posts I've seen have been anti-taldren! I know that I've engaged in it a bit myself, but I always, always added 'just kidding, taldren is great' to my post. Grow up! We purchased the game. Taldren is under absolutely NO legal constraint to patch it. They could claim its meant to be this way. They're working for OUR benefit alone. Patching will not bring them money! So SHUT UP about how much taldren has sold out, because the only thing they've sold out is their own bank accounts, to help US.

Really, I am sorry to yell like that, but COME ON people. GROW UP.

Alexander

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2003, 12:22:40 am »
The fact that in your 1 month 2/3rds of the post have been "Anti-Taldren" might also imply that a different technique for customer relations might be worth Taldren's consideration?  

BTW thats a lot of name-calling bud.

Alexander1701

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2003, 12:31:30 am »
  Is it really? I've seen less used against taldren. And they're here at WORK. The people to whom that comment was addressed just show up because they want to.

Yeah, I guess it is name-calling. But at least I didn't swear TOO much. And I am not anti-reinstatement. I'm Pro-Taldren.

Alexander

ChamadaIV

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2003, 12:33:33 am »
Weeee!!!  Now let's see that spiffy little shotgun blast of a post, again. This time in slow-mo and in a more eye-catching color!  

Quote:

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, YOU DAFT FOOL??? Just because taldren sticks to their guns on an issue doesn't mean that they've gone a microsoft big-evil corperate and have utterly abandoned a game. I means that they don't want those three individuals posting. That's ALL. I'm sure dave would tell you that Taldren was and still is very proud of SFCII.

You ignorant, pompous, self-absorbed, arrogant, pathetic, single-minded, bloody-headed LOSER. Get this through your head! Taldren doesn't hate its players. Taldren is NOT incompetant. Taldren can do what they please on these forums, and they are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT to do it. This DOES NOT MAKE THEM STUPID, RUDE, INSENSITIVE, OR ALIENATED FROM THE GAMER. It makes them resolute, maybe even adamant. Not bad qualities, I would say.

Quit freaking out at Taldren. They make my absolute favorite video game series, and I think others here would say the same. They make damned fine games, and we're sick and tired of a few whiners coming on here and telling them that they can't write.

I mean come ON! I've been on this forum all of a month, and almost 2/3 of all posts I've seen have been anti-taldren! I know that I've engaged in it a bit myself, but I always, always added 'just kidding, taldren is great' to my post. Grow up! We purchased the game. Taldren is under absolutely NO legal constraint to patch it. They could claim its meant to be this way. They're working for OUR benefit alone. Patching will not bring them money! So SHUT UP about how much taldren has sold out, because the only thing they've sold out is their own bank accounts, to help US.

Alexander

Ah yes, another product of whimsical free speech in all its verbal glory....

Sorry if this rendition was insulting, but the above was insulting to me....so we're even now.          

LongTooth

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2003, 01:42:37 am »
Quote:

Alexander

Good advice you should take it
Also as your such a fan you may want to go here and add your name
 http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=16334&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

You will also note that some of the people in that thread  have also been knocking taldren of late heres an off the wall idea for you maybe we like the games too
On a final note (and if I may quote you) You ignorant, pompous, self-absorbed, arrogant, pathetic, single-minded, bloody-headed LOSER now realy you should not chuck stones in glass houses

Toasty0

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2003, 05:14:04 am »
Quote:

The fact that in your 1 month 2/3rds of the post have been "Anti-Taldren" might also imply that a different technique for customer relations might be worth Taldren's consideration?  

66%? Hmmm, posted by a whopping total of .05% percent of the forum population. That's 66% percent of the posts posted by .05% of the forum population--kind of supports Alexander's supposition, doncha think?

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2003, 07:01:35 am »
Quote:

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, YOU DAFT FOOL???
You ignorant, pompous, self-absorbed, arrogant, pathetic, single-minded, bloody-headed LOSER. Get this through your head! Few whiners coming on here and telling them that they can't write.  

Mister Ferrell,

This I guess is acceptable?

Hooch

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2003, 08:40:38 am »
Quote:

Quote:

66%? Hmmm, posted by a whopping total of .05% percent of the forum population. That's 66% percent of the posts posted by .05% of the forum population--kind of supports Alexander's supposition, doncha think?

I guess by this reason 99.05% of the forum population was only willing to put up token disagreement to those .05%... guess they didn't feel differently or strongly different to it  

Never said he was wrong Toasty, just that Taldren might want to consider a different technique for customer relations, and that he might want to consider watching the name calling that has been known to result in banning.

But  I don't want to start a new "crusade", so I will let it drop here unless I see another post of that nature.  

PS I don't consider myself "Anti-Taldren", I love SFC2, it was the best game I have ever owned.  I also consider myself pro-USA but this doesn't mean I won't write to my congressman if something bugs me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by KATChuutRitt »

David Ferrell

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2003, 11:24:08 am »
Quote:

Erik, anyone at Taldren;  do you recognize the rift thats forming between SFC2 and SFC3?  Recent events, not related to this banning, created a schism between the SFC2 and 3 communities at the very least on the sfc2.net forums.   Stuff like this; with most all of the DV2 community rallying around a cause, only further proves to many players of SFC2's dynaverse that Taldren truely does not support that game anymore.  That the small business that we could always trust for support and level headedness  appears to be gone; left to join the larger faceless developement houses which deal with their community in a clumsy, hands off manner.  

Huh?

What kind of reasonable support (or even unreasonable) aren't we giving EAW?

Confused,

Dave  

Sethan

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2003, 11:34:30 am »
Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Have to go with Taldren on this one.  The simple fact that they are continuing to provide a mechanism by which the games can be patched (and that patches continue to come out for them) demonstrates that they are willing to support the games (and their customers) long after most game companies would have given up.

This is particularly true when you consider that it was Interplay's responsibility (as the publisher) to provide support for them - not Taldren's as the developer.  Most development houses would simply refer you to the publisher for support - Taldren took over support for the games when it became apparent that Interplay had neither the desire nor intent to support them.

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2003, 11:51:55 am »
Missed that one earlier,

I also see no lack of support on Dyna 2 by Taldren either.  

If anyone has any evidence to the contrary, I would like to see it.

TheSatyr

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2003, 12:44:25 pm »
If what Dave posts disturbs some people then i suggest never going to the battlefront.com(Combat mission) forums.

When the devs there get tired of people they rip them to shreds.

Dave is tame by comparison.  

David Ferrell

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2003, 01:34:11 pm »
Quote:

If what Dave posts disturbs some people then i suggest never going to the battlefront.com(Combat mission) forums.

However, some of things I have said lately were unnecessary.  I do apologize for my harshness at times
and I do intend to get away from it all for awhile and recharge.

Thanks,

Dave  

Karnak

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2003, 02:09:34 pm »
In my experience, people/organizations are very rarely anywhere near as bad as they are made out to be because the rhetoric can get so thick on the forums.

I remember Taldren providing the EAW 2.0.3.6 patch at the same time as going gold with SFC3. If the company did not care about SFC2 then they still would have left the D2 community hanging with Crash To Desktop on Targeting bugs with the 2.0.3.3 patch.

As for people arguing with each other on the forums. Some of them become good friends after they fight a good few battles on the dyna cuz they never break the sacred rule of boycotting the other in game play.  The ones that do really should consider another leisure hobby, IMHO.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

Rob Cole

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2003, 03:29:37 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

However, some of things I have said lately were unnecessary.  I do apologize for my harshness at times

Thanks,

Dave  

Ya think????????Been kind of harsh of late Dave.
Perhaps you need a long vacation.

LongTooth

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2003, 03:55:15 pm »
NP dave the last 2 weeks have been heated for a lot of us I think we should all sit back and take a brether

SSCF Hooch

Re: Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell *DELETED*
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2003, 05:00:16 pm »
Post deleted by SSCF Hooch

Rob Cole

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2003, 05:26:06 pm »
Better be careful Hoochie...

TheSatyr

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2003, 05:35:45 pm »
What part of "no" don't you understand???  

Stormbringer

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2003, 05:40:37 pm »
Your sig kind of clashes with your post.

Toasty0

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2003, 06:42:09 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Mister Ferrell,

I have no issue with your games or support. I am pleased to see you posting again. I would like to see you take one last step with the banned ones and see what the community response is. If they jack it up this time shame on them.

Hooch  

Someone take the blinders off of Hooch's face, will ya? Obviously no was too small a word for him to see.  

J'inn

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2003, 06:49:37 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Now I'm PO'd!  What kind of support??!!!   Grrrr.

A Mr. Bradley Schenk, Taldren Trouble Making Dept., clearly informed me that Taldren would send me $20.00 USD (none of that Canadian stuff) every time I killed another player in EAW combat.

For the times I died I held up my part of the bargin.  I assume you folks at the a office were wondering why that beer truck keep pulling up to his parking spot.   Yeah it cost me a lot of brews but after over a year and a half of trying I finally killed off someone (name withheld to avoid making them a laughing stock).

I am still waiting for my $20.00.

Support?   Hmmph!   I'm still waiting.

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2003, 10:38:14 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Mister Ferrell,

I have no issue with your games or support. I am pleased to see you posting again. I would like to see you take one last step with the banned ones and see what the community response is. If they jack it up this time shame on them.

Hooch  

Someone take the blinders off of Hooch's face, will ya? Obviously no was too small a word for him to see.  

Mister O,

Please refrain from making nasty comments at me. I would rather you just not. I am not being mean or any such thing so please...

Hooch

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2003, 11:38:34 pm »
Dave after your break I would like to invite you over to the SFC2.net forums for a discussion on the bannings.  I will ask that everyone there extend their utmost courtesy to you (no promises regarding Die Hard though, and perhaps we can generate a meaningful dialogue that is flame free <crosses fingers>,  

There may be things that the pro-unbanning lobby has not taken into consideration which you would like to state, and there are likely other questions that this lobby would like a more detailed and more polite explanation for..  

I will respect "your house" here by not trying to ressurrect the unban thread, as per your request.  So I hope you find it worthwhile to respect mine.  In light of the heat of recent debate on this issue, a change of venue might be more productive and help restore better relations between all involved parties.

P.S. I will stick up for your right to be treated civially there, in appreaciation for such an appearance, and on principle as well.  Consider yourself my personal guest if you wish, I will do my best to have you treated well there, regardless of any differences of opinion we may have over this issue.

Just start the thread yourself or send me a PM and I will start one for you.  Thanks for your consideration.

Alexander1701

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2003, 12:03:04 am »
  Sorry, perhaps I made myself unclear.

I was refering to the post immediately above mine, the one Dave commented about. There's no shame in saying 'This should be in the patch', but there is shame is sullying that kind of thread by using it to insult taldren, or tell them they've sold out. I probably shouldn't have written all that, but it really did offend me that he would attack a game company because they disagree with his personal oppinion on a non-game related matter. I can't really take it down now, given the level of quotation. As I said, I posted on that petition, but its over, and taldren are not evil for ending it.

Alexander

GE-Raven

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2003, 10:23:58 am »
Quote:

Dave after your break I would like to invite you over to the SFC2.net forums for a discussion on the bannings.  I will ask that everyone there extend their utmost courtesy to you (no promises regarding Die Hard though, and perhaps we can generate a meaningful dialogue that is flame free <crosses fingers>,  

There may be things that the pro-unbanning lobby has not taken into consideration which you would like to state, and there are likely other questions that this lobby would like a more detailed and more polite explanation for..  

I will respect "your house" here by not trying to ressurrect the unban thread, as per your request.  So I hope you find it worthwhile to respect mine.  In light of the heat of recent debate on this issue, a change of venue might be more productive and help restore better relations between all involved parties.

P.S. I will stick up for your right to be treated civially there, in appreaciation for such an appearance, and on principle as well.  Consider yourself my personal guest if you wish, I will do my best to have you treated well there, regardless of any differences of opinion we may have over this issue.

Just start the thread yourself or send me a PM and I will start one for you.  Thanks for your consideration.  

LOL...

This is accepting the decision?  Sounds like accepting it for a day and then back to asking for the "un-banning" again.  Man oh man, you guys must have worked for the democratic national party in Florida in 2000.  Please for the love of all that is holy.  Honor your word and stop asking now that you have received an official answer.  

Thank you!

GE-Raven

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2003, 10:36:26 am »
Quote:

Quote:

LOL...

This is accepting the decision?  Sounds like accepting it for a day and then back to asking for the "un-banning" again.  Man oh man, you guys must have worked for the democratic national party in Florida in 2000.  Please for the love of all that is holy.  Honor your word and stop asking now that you have received an official answer.  

Thank you!

GE-Raven

Mister Raven,

Please do not be rude. We have asked him to come to our house and thereby honoring his request for us to stop posting here how is that bad? Your mocking us is not called for and lacks any and all respect. Please note that nobody has been rude except for you and Mister ToastyO.

Hooch

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2003, 10:40:15 am »
Quote:

Quote:

LOL...

Thank you!

GE-Raven

Raven,

FYI

Quote:

As for being a nuisance, yes I most certainly was, but for a cause i believed in (and still do). Now that I have your answer I will try to be less of one, at least on your forums, as I reserve the right to state my opinion of your decision on other less sensitive ones. And Dave, if you choose to post on those forums, I will defend your right to do so as I have defended the banned individuals here. Just because I don't agree with you desn't mean that I wont defend your right to disagree.

I see no contradition of my earlier post.  I merely extendend an invitation to Mr. Ferrell.  I suggest you read a bit closer next time.  

BTW I am a registered Republican, and although I thought the Florida bit was drawn out, I didn't really mind as I try to be tolerant of differing opinions.

Thank you  
« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 10:43:30 am by KATChuutRitt »

GE-Raven

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2003, 11:04:56 am »
I am saying that saying that you will stop asking for the unbanning of a member and just let the issue drop if only Taldren just relpies to your mile long tantrum, and then waiting one day before going back on your word to "drop" the issue is rude!  So don't play the coy, "I am not the one being rude, you are" routine.  In so much as you have been posting on a topic you said you would drop after a response (in a thread to thank Dave no less) you have not been holding to your word.

Now then in response to Chuut.  This is your exact words, "Dave after your break I would like to invite you over to the SFC2.net forums for a discussion on the bannings."  I ask you this.  Is this not bringing up the subject on the forum?  Is this not what you promised to not do?  Could you not have sent this to Dave in person?  What is the point in publicly posting this if not to reraise the issue?  

I read very well, thank you.  However You and Hooch (and others) seemed to have missed this:

Dave said, "They were never un-banned.

Thanks,

Dave "

How much more clear cut do you need?  He gave you your answer.  Now please do us all a favor and honor your word.  No new threads, no hi-jacking of threads, drop the issue.  Please?

GE-Raven

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by GE-Raven »

Aldaron

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2003, 11:09:25 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Mister Ferrell,

Hooch  

Mister O,

Please refrain from making nasty comments at me. I would rather you just not. I am not being mean or any such thing so please...

Hooch  

And yet you still don't know when to quit..........

« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 11:18:19 am by Aldaron »

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2003, 11:11:07 am »
Quote:

BTW I am a registered Republican, and although I thought the Florida bit was drawn out, I didn't really mind as I try to be tolerant of differing opinions.

Completely OT, but I always find references to the Florida election interesting. Personally I see it as one of the US political systems high points. Why? Because even with the dispute, confusion and doubts surrounding the election to the highest office in the land, there was a peaceful transition of power in this country (i.e. in the end the system worked, how many other countries could have done the same under similar circumstances). I find it akin to the Nixon issue, as a shinning example of what is right with our system (i.e. Corrupt individuals are weeded out).

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2003, 11:27:41 am »
Raven,

I said I would be less of a nuisance on the Taldren forums, this does not preclude discussing it on other forums.  Is it rude to invite someone to speak up for themself?  I think not.

As for these forums I intendeded let it drop after I posted my invitation to Dave.  If there is any further discussion by me on that issue I plan to do it on the SFC2.net  forums, that was the whole purpose of that post.

Quote:

I ask you this. Is this not bringing up the subject on the forum? Is this not what you promised to not do?

No I never promised this.  Just to be less of a nuisance, I don't consider a polite invitation to discussion being a nuisance.

Quote:

Could you not have sent this to Dave in person?

Yes I could have but Dave has never bothered to reply to any other messages I have sent, none of which I considered rude, and not all on this issue.

Quote:

What is the point in publicly posting this if not to reraise the issue?

Twofold, first it makes to invitation know to everyone in hopes of encouraging the mentioned dialogue on other forums with participation by those in both camps who usually wouldn't frequent that forum, but may wish to express their views.

Second, to encourage the other members of the unbanning movement to drop the issue on these forums and move the discussion to other forums where it would not be considered a nuisance.

I hope I have answered all your questions.

Good Day Sir

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2003, 11:48:45 am »
Quote:

I am saying that saying that you will stop asking for the unbanning of a member and just let the issue drop if only Taldren just relpies to your mile long tantrum, and then waiting one day before going back on your word to "drop" the issue is rude!  So don't play the coy, "I am not the one being rude, you are" routine.  In so much as you have been posting on a topic you said you would drop after a response (in a thread to thank Dave no less) you have not been holding to your word.

Now then in response to Chuut.  This is your exact words, "Dave after your break I would like to invite you over to the SFC2.net forums for a discussion on the bannings."  I ask you this.  Is this not bringing up the subject on the forum?  Is this not what you promised to not do?  Could you not have sent this to Dave in person?  What is the point in publicly posting this if not to reraise the issue?  

I read very well, thank you.  However You and Hooch (and others) seemed to have missed this:

Thanks,

Dave "

How much more clear cut do you need?  He gave you your answer.  Now please do us all a favor and honor your word.  No new threads, no hi-jacking of threads, drop the issue.  Please?

GE-Raven

Coy? I am anything but that I think. Your terse remarks at Chutt and I are becoming the issue. We are being civil, you are taking issue with us.

Hi-jacking? I started this thread if you will look, so that is an odd point you make. Besides, your nasty responses to me keep the days interesting. I should be saying thank you as well. So thank you  

Hooch  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2003, 12:25:29 pm »
Quote:

NP.

Thanks,

Dave  

No... thank you! The more the merrier.

Hooch

Karnak

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2003, 12:34:56 pm »
Quote:

Completely OT, but I always find references to the Florida election interesting. Personally I see it as one of the US political systems high points. Why? Because even with the dispute, confusion and doubts surrounding the election to the highest office in the land, there was a peaceful transition of power in this country (i.e. in the end the system worked, how many other countries could have done the same under similar circumstances). I find it akin to the Nixon issue, as a shinning example of what is right with our system (i.e. Corrupt individuals are weeded out).  

Yeah, what he said.  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2003, 12:35:41 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

I do not see that you are not. The dyna is still up and that is pleasing. Many of us that love this classic game never want to see it die away. It was the best of it kind for the time when you all released it and us TOS folks like the ships and the era better than TNG. It has an addictive qualiy to it, the SFC games are the only online games I play if that says anything.

I have been upset by recent events here but they are most denfinatly not game related.

Thanks for over two years of good gaming.

Hooch

LongTooth

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2003, 01:36:06 pm »
Well thanks GE raven but some of US honnered our word (hench why the thread has not been bunped)
I know why dont you start calling us morle cowards again  yes thats a sure fired way to end a thread:rolleyes:
How come some one whos been around for as long as you have be so stupid?
You dont want theses type of threads on the boards YET you keep posting in them maybe you should stop

LongTooth

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2003, 01:59:34 pm »
Quote:

Satyr, toasty o I thougth as modaraters you would be above this what are you cherleaders? some one from taldren posts some thing and its a race to see wicth one of you is going to bash anyone who dont agree with taldren
If you dont want a post to see the light of day STOP POSTING IN IT stop acting like your joined at the hip triping
over your coat tails tring to get the the keyboard to reply to a post
If I may be so bold as to offer a little advice? Try to act like the rest of the taldren modaraters (ie put down the pom poms and do the job you were asked to do)

LongTooth

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2003, 02:09:18 pm »
Hooch chutt I got what I came for dave gave the reply thats enough for me  

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2003, 02:43:24 pm »
Roger Longtooth

As I stated before my invitation was intended as my last post on it unless I see another "bump" from those asking it be dropped with an insulting remark attatched.

Toasty0

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2003, 03:08:00 pm »
Hooch wroteth:
Quote:

Mister O,

Huh? Did I throw something at you?   Oh! you mean *about* you.  Actually, I thought it very restrained and not at all nasty.

I know I made the observation that you're refusing to accept the answer you got instead of the one you expected for a question you asked.  The answer is NO, Hooch. They will not be unbanned. So let it be already and move on just as you said you would.

Calling me rude, and now Satyr too, isn't helping any. Because we disagree with you doesn't make us rude...just contrary.

On a personal note: I think I told you this once before(in the old forums)--you are lucky that I am *only* a moderator. If I were an Admin you'd be gone. Period. No question. Imho, you have done a lot to continue to exaccerbate ill-will within this community (and other communties I hear--but that is not my concern) and you soundly support those who  spew ugliness under the banner of "free speech".  I fail to see how that is a positive for this community.

Btw, just for the record. I have been very restrained in my responses to you. I have tried to keep it humorous. Though it is obvous you missed the humor. Fair enough. I won't use humor in the future.

I think we'd like to leave it there for now. Don't you?

Jerry      

EDIT: I apologize for going over the top.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 07:59:40 pm by Toasty0 »

SSCF Hooch

Jerry
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2003, 05:18:31 pm »
Really? I foster ill will, now that is odd. I suppose this reply to me does not?

You would toss me?

Why, what have I said about Taldren,  it's games, or it's staff that are not positive.

For the record, those who got hammered with the "death penalty" might  have gotten what was coming to them. Taldren is completely within their rights to ban anybody for anything.

You want my true motivations about all of this...fine, here it is. You asked, so now I am telling you and the whole of these forums, my true, evil, discord bringing, and hate filled desire to see these men allowed back into these forums.

I was NOT asking in the name of free speech, nope you got it all wrong Jerry.

I was, as a Christain, was asking for mercy for them.

Now, am I a good Christain? No very, but I try.

It was for the example that Jesus always showed toward those who deserved judgement and yet showed them mercy and forgiveness, that is why I was asking. I was hoping that like your humor to me, which I missed, many would see the point I was really making was about how we as Christains should respond to personal and vile attacks without starting a whole thread on the merits of Christain faith. I am sorry you missed that, just as you are sorry i missed your humor.

Well thats it, I did because of my faith pure and simple, not the best faith or the most informed faith. My faith is very simple but very fierce. I belive in mercy, I belive in forgviness, I belive that I am a man who has only the cross and the hope it gives me that there is mercy and hope in it. We as Christains are commanded to do NO LESS than what Jesus did, to point of asking God almighty to forgive the very ones that were killing him on a Roman cross.

"How many times shall I forgive a man, he asked, Seven times as the law commands? Jesus answered, I say to you, you shall forgive a man seventy times seven"

"Father forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass aginst us"

"A woman pleaded with a judge for justice and he refused her, she kept going to the judge eveyday to him asking for justice, finally he said "I will give this woman that what she seeks"

That was and has been my example and my hope in all of this.

Do people of conviction offend you?

Do people who are willing to pay the price of conviction scare you as well?

Do I belive in free speech...yes, but not personal attacks on people who make games for us to enjoy, do I belive in making the games better...yes, but only by civil discourse and the sharing of ideas.

I have never endorsed their comments, never.

I stand only on what I belive the Holy Spirit has lead me to do here about this issue. Yes...you read it right... I am saying that I belive that I was called by the Holy Spirit to lead this issue and this effort and I am willing to pay the price for it.

Well here I am, blast away, I suspect you could ban me or get somebody who could do it for you.

Now please be sure to mock my faith and call me a horrible example of Christainity, all of you that think I am being a moron or a jerk, or a public pain in the rump.

Since you left me your name to make it real, I will do so for you as well.

If you want to really call me names and threaten me I will PM my phone number to you.

Byron    

David Ferrell

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2003, 05:45:23 pm »
Can we all just relax?

I never thought about banning anyone for asking to have someone
reinstated.  I don't remember anyone being insulting or contentious until
now.

BTW Moderators exsist solely to delete the kind of pornographic garbage that
hit the forums late in 02, if it should ever appear again.

Thanks,

Dave  

ChamadaIV

Let there be peace....
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2003, 06:01:58 pm »
I'm sorry for jumping in like this, but I too am a believer in the Holy Spirit. Hooch's argument holds strength of heart, and I truly respect that. However, ToastyO's...well, how shall I call it...sophistic remarks also hold a manner of truth not to be ignored.

Ultimately, hard feelings over meager comments and simple words (like Mr. Ferell's banning of Kai Lee for example) only creates conflict to the degree of which I am seeing here right now. Harsh words needn't be exchanged personally, gentlemen. Yes, I'm attempting to be the voice of reason here. Indiscriminate bannings of "undesireables" fits well with the dictorial and imperialistic ways of the empries of old, not in today's society.

As hard as it is to do, the best way to deal with the criticisms of others is simply to let them be, and MOVE ON. You've got to be open-minded and stoic when dealing with such things, especially in real life but also on such things as these chat boards.

As Hooch says should be done, FORGIVE, and let be. Open hostility will achieve nothing in the end.

That is all. Quote me as you all wish. I've nothing to be ashamed of, I've said what I felt I needed to say....  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2003, 06:02:46 pm »
Quote:

Can we all just relax?

now.

Thanks,

Dave  

Done as per your request. I am tired of fighting too.

Hooch

Blitzkrieg

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2003, 06:49:40 pm »
Are we on about porn or bad porn? I was exposed to mild amounts of porn from an early age and it did me no arm   In all seriousness moderators need to exist on message boards which allow pictures and dont have a swear filter. Just in case someone starts going over the top!

Tantalus

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2003, 07:08:30 pm »
All a little silly really.....

As for the Moderators.... you should remember exactly why you are in this forum as a moderator and not overstep your status when responding to people - it can be hard not to sound a little arrogant when your name is in bliue it seems....

David, I see that you have an SFC3.Net link to their forums on the bottom of this forum.  Can you please do the same for SFC2.Net?  I will PM you the details if you wish.

As for those who disagree and support Taldren on this matter... you would be making life nicer around here if you simply left the thread alione.  That way you would see far less of it instead of creating an atmosphere and a need to respond to negative comments.... like this one heh.

Far more serious things going on in this world at present than to worry about something as trivial as this.

I look forward to hearing from you Dave.  

David Ferrell

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2003, 07:21:40 pm »
Quote:

As for the Moderators.... you should remember exactly why you are in this forum as a moderator and not overstep your status when responding to people - it can be hard not to sound a little arrogant when your name is in bliue it seems....

David, I see that you have an SFC3.Net link to their forums on the bottom of this forum.  Can you please do the same for SFC2.Net?  I will PM you the details if you wish.

As for those who disagree and support Taldren on this matter... you would be making life nicer around here if you simply left the thread alione.  That way you would see far less of it instead of creating an atmosphere and a need to respond to negative comments.... like this one heh.

Far more serious things going on in this world at present than to worry about something as trivial as this.

Please do send me the SFC2.net info.

I removed the link at one point because it was broken and causing headaches (namely mine).

Thanks,

Dave  

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2003, 07:38:09 pm »
Quote:

Are we on about porn or bad porn?

Just thank your lucky stars it wasn't Hardcore Gorn.  

Toasty0

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2003, 08:10:32 pm »
Same here. I had SFC2.net linked from my site as well when the link became broken. I was under the impresion that the site had been shutdown due to a lack of funds and only recently discovered otherwise.

Please feel free to email me at  Toasty0@toasty0.com

Best,
Jerry    
« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 08:11:41 pm by Toasty0 »

FatherTed

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2003, 08:29:39 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

One of my favorite threads:  J'inn at home    

Scipio_66

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2003, 10:23:07 pm »
Quote:

Kroma.  Sans tutu.  Be afraid.

-S'Cipio
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Scipio_66 »

Toasty0

Re: Let there be peace....
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2003, 11:31:19 pm »
Quote:

sophistic remarks also hold a manner of truth not to be ignored.

hehe. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, but if so, thanks for brining a smile. I love word play and that surely, if intentional, is a great twist of logic.  

Let the persiflage flourish!

Thanks man.

Best,
Jerry  

Cruis.In

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2003, 01:27:12 am »
can't we all just get along?

TheSatyr

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2003, 02:24:01 am »
Next thing ya know some Mirak will start posting kitty porn,then it'll be the end of civilization as we know it.  

Credo Narth

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2003, 04:01:44 am »
Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

The only thing I could say is that it doesn't play well under Windows 2000. But I don't know if this will ever be fixed, it's a big job to do on an old game.

Also, and I know this isn't your problem, Dave, or even Taldren's, but I can't buy another copy of SFC2 ANYWHERE in the UK. SFC1, yep, SFC3 for sure, but SFC2 just vanished off all shelves (real and e-based). You can order it on-line through Interplay, but only if you live in North America.

Does anyone know of anywhere in Europe you can buy EAW or OP, let me know.

Cheers.

LongTooth

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2003, 07:12:06 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

The only thing I could say is that it doesn't play well under Windows 2000. But I don't know if this will ever be fixed, it's a big job to do on an old game.

Also, and I know this isn't your problem, Dave, or even Taldren's, but I can't buy another copy of SFC2 ANYWHERE in the UK. SFC1, yep, SFC3 for sure, but SFC2 just vanished off all shelves (real and e-based). You can order it on-line through Interplay, but only if you live in North America.

Cheers.  

U.K. still has EAW and OP to buy check out HMV  

SSCF Hooch

Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2003, 01:30:54 pm »

Quote:

They were never un-banned.

Thanks,

Dave

--------------------
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16  

Thank you for at least saying it.

I really mean  that, it is your nickel as it were anyway. You might have answered sooner, it would have be nice. Personally it saddens me, but many things in life are dis-appointing. Saying you will delete another post like this I find refreshingly honest, direct and to the point.

It does suprise me that you choose not to ban me for being a public nuisance as you put it. (mind you, I ain't asking to be)

Now for my two cents on SFC III

Much as I wanted to not like it, I do. Your team did many good things here.

1. Warp, love it.
2. Reverse, really love it.
3. Ship and crew configurations, the best seen to date (an Air Force inspection term for "you do this very well" )
4. Fleeting, much better than SFCII (sorry guys I really think that)
5. Ease of play, it does flow smootherfor than EaW for the new player
6. Chat seems better, I like the expanded space to type

The things I don't like

1. Lack of mission diversity, I like flipping hexes and planning an offensive across a map.
2. Campaign possiblities are not as good for private servers as in SFC II
3. Too few races, four is just not enough. I hope you expand it soon
4. I like transporter mines, greater detail in power management, and ECM / ECCM
5. The tractoring seems to have added a nasty cheese factor

What I do find curious is that playing III has oddly made my II game better, it's a mystery to me how that happened.

Now bugs always happen, every game comes out with them, your a good game company and I know you will fix them.

There, was that so bad?

Hooch        

J'inn

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2003, 01:42:44 pm »

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2003, 01:45:13 pm »
Quote:

J'inn, you qwack me up, BTW, I have a warrant I need to chat with you about    

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2003, 01:49:34 pm »
Agreed Hooch,

Thank you Mr. Ferrell

I also was not asking to be banned in my support of those who were, just wanting the issue to be noted.   Although I accepted banning as a possible consequence of this.  As for being a nuisance, yes I most certainly was, but for a cause i believed in (and still do).  Now that I have your answer I will try to be less of one, at least on your forums, as I reserve the right to state my opinion of your decision on other less sensitive ones.  And Dave, if you choose to post on those forums, I will defend your right to do so as I have defended the banned individuals here.  Just because I don't agree with you desn't mean that I wont defend your right to disagree.

P.S.

I don't care for SCF3, hopefully it will get to the point where I do with patches and more missions,  but I don't feel that others need to share my view on this.  If it is fun for you, play it, and good will to you all.

David Ferrell

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2003, 04:27:55 pm »
NP.

Thanks,

Dave  

FatherTed

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2003, 04:36:40 pm »

korus

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2003, 04:52:17 pm »
Quote:

NP.

Thanks,

Dave  

*perks up ears* Monster Mission?! Doomsday Machine making a comeback??  I'll try to do a flip if it is... hehe    I do miss shipyard defense and attack.... Thanks for the update!

Korus

David Ferrell

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2003, 05:01:52 pm »
Quote:

Currently in testing looking for bugs.

Thanks,

Dave  

Akhilles

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2003, 05:15:46 pm »

LongTooth

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2003, 05:17:36 pm »
Thanks dave
Well we tried its something we felt strongley about and had to fight for
Taldren has all way been open and honest with us once again thanks  

The Postman

Re: OP still available
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2003, 06:14:50 pm »
Quote:

I just checked on  Interplay's web site and they still list it @$9.95. They also show SFC1 and EAW as still available as well.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by The Postman »

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2003, 06:29:00 pm »
Quote:

Originally posted by KatChuutRitt

Agreed Hooch,

Thank you Mr. Ferrell

Not to drag this up, but, since they were never un-banned, here is the explanation on why they were.

From the Old Forums

Dave, thanks for at least giving an explanation, that's the least we could have asked for.

Good luck with whatever you guys have planned, and thanks for the great games.  

NCC2012

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2003, 07:44:25 pm »
THANK YOU!  

Pestalence

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2003, 07:52:13 pm »
Quote:

Comp USA

Best Buy

Babbages

Game Stop

i have seen OP in these stores in the bargin bins in the last week here in Miami, Florida.. Maybe the stores like these near you may have them.. have a whirl in the phone book and call them up..

also check out Amazon.com , they generally have New and Used software and the last time i checked, they had all 4 SFC titles in stock... but that was 3 months ago.

hope that this helps

Akhilles

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2003, 08:04:17 pm »
Thanks, got it at Gamestop for $9.99

hobbesmaster

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2003, 08:49:37 pm »

Alexander1701

« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2003, 12:01:53 am »

Alexander

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2003, 12:22:40 am »

Alexander1701

« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2003, 12:31:30 am »
  Is it really? I've seen less used against taldren. And they're here at WORK. The people to whom that comment was addressed just show up because they want to.

Yeah, I guess it is name-calling. But at least I didn't swear TOO much. And I am not anti-reinstatement. I'm Pro-Taldren.

Alexander

ChamadaIV

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2003, 12:33:33 am »
Weeee!!!  Now let's see that spiffy little shotgun blast of a post, again. This time in slow-mo and in a more eye-catching color!  

Quote:

Alexander

Ah yes, another product of whimsical free speech in all its verbal glory....

Sorry if this rendition was insulting, but the above was insulting to me....so we're even now.          

LongTooth

« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2003, 01:42:37 am »
Quote:

Alexander

Good advice you should take it
Also as your such a fan you may want to go here and add your name
 http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=16334&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

You will also note that some of the people in that thread  have also been knocking taldren of late heres an off the wall idea for you maybe we like the games too
On a final note (and if I may quote you) You ignorant, pompous, self-absorbed, arrogant, pathetic, single-minded, bloody-headed LOSER now realy you should not chuck stones in glass houses

Toasty0

« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2003, 05:14:04 am »
Quote:

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2003, 07:01:35 am »
Quote:

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, YOU DAFT FOOL???
You ignorant, pompous, self-absorbed, arrogant, pathetic, single-minded, bloody-headed LOSER. Get this through your head! Few whiners coming on here and telling them that they can't write.  

Mister Ferrell,

This I guess is acceptable?

Hooch

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2003, 08:40:38 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I guess by this reason 99.05% of the forum population was only willing to put up token disagreement to those .05%... guess they didn't feel differently or strongly different to it  

Never said he was wrong Toasty, just that Taldren might want to consider a different technique for customer relations, and that he might want to consider watching the name calling that has been known to result in banning.

But  I don't want to start a new "crusade", so I will let it drop here unless I see another post of that nature.  

PS I don't consider myself "Anti-Taldren", I love SFC2, it was the best game I have ever owned.  I also consider myself pro-USA but this doesn't mean I won't write to my congressman if something bugs me.

David Ferrell

« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2003, 11:24:08 am »
Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Sethan

« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2003, 11:34:30 am »
Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Have to go with Taldren on this one.  The simple fact that they are continuing to provide a mechanism by which the games can be patched (and that patches continue to come out for them) demonstrates that they are willing to support the games (and their customers) long after most game companies would have given up.

This is particularly true when you consider that it was Interplay's responsibility (as the publisher) to provide support for them - not Taldren's as the developer.  Most development houses would simply refer you to the publisher for support - Taldren took over support for the games when it became apparent that Interplay had neither the desire nor intent to support them.

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2003, 11:51:55 am »
Missed that one earlier,

I also see no lack of support on Dyna 2 by Taldren either.  

If anyone has any evidence to the contrary, I would like to see it.

TheSatyr

« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2003, 12:44:25 pm »

David Ferrell

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2003, 01:34:11 pm »
Quote:

Thanks,

Dave  

Karnak

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2003, 02:09:34 pm »
In my experience, people/organizations are very rarely anywhere near as bad as they are made out to be because the rhetoric can get so thick on the forums.

I remember Taldren providing the EAW 2.0.3.6 patch at the same time as going gold with SFC3. If the company did not care about SFC2 then they still would have left the D2 community hanging with Crash To Desktop on Targeting bugs with the 2.0.3.3 patch.

As for people arguing with each other on the forums. Some of them become good friends after they fight a good few battles on the dyna cuz they never break the sacred rule of boycotting the other in game play.  The ones that do really should consider another leisure hobby, IMHO.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

Rob Cole

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2003, 03:29:37 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks,

Dave  

Ya think????????Been kind of harsh of late Dave.
Perhaps you need a long vacation.

LongTooth

« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2003, 03:55:15 pm »
NP dave the last 2 weeks have been heated for a lot of us I think we should all sit back and take a brether

SSCF Hooch

Re: Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell *DELETED*
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2003, 05:00:16 pm »
Post deleted by SSCF Hooch

Rob Cole

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2003, 05:26:06 pm »
Better be careful Hoochie...

TheSatyr

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2003, 05:35:45 pm »

Stormbringer

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2003, 05:40:37 pm »
Your sig kind of clashes with your post.

Toasty0

« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2003, 06:42:09 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Mister Ferrell,

Hooch  

J'inn

« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2003, 06:49:37 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Now I'm PO'd!  What kind of support??!!!   Grrrr.

A Mr. Bradley Schenk, Taldren Trouble Making Dept., clearly informed me that Taldren would send me $20.00 USD (none of that Canadian stuff) every time I killed another player in EAW combat.

For the times I died I held up my part of the bargin.  I assume you folks at the a office were wondering why that beer truck keep pulling up to his parking spot.   Yeah it cost me a lot of brews but after over a year and a half of trying I finally killed off someone (name withheld to avoid making them a laughing stock).

I am still waiting for my $20.00.

Support?   Hmmph!   I'm still waiting.

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2003, 10:38:14 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Mister Ferrell,

Hooch  

Mister O,

Hooch

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2003, 11:38:34 pm »

Alexander1701

« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2003, 12:03:04 am »
  Sorry, perhaps I made myself unclear.

I was refering to the post immediately above mine, the one Dave commented about. There's no shame in saying 'This should be in the patch', but there is shame is sullying that kind of thread by using it to insult taldren, or tell them they've sold out. I probably shouldn't have written all that, but it really did offend me that he would attack a game company because they disagree with his personal oppinion on a non-game related matter. I can't really take it down now, given the level of quotation. As I said, I posted on that petition, but its over, and taldren are not evil for ending it.

Alexander

GE-Raven

« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2003, 10:23:58 am »
Quote:

LOL...

Thank you!

GE-Raven

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2003, 10:36:26 am »
Quote:

Quote:

LOL...

Thank you!

GE-Raven

Mister Raven,

Please do not be rude. We have asked him to come to our house and thereby honoring his request for us to stop posting here how is that bad? Your mocking us is not called for and lacks any and all respect. Please note that nobody has been rude except for you and Mister ToastyO.

Hooch

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2003, 10:40:15 am »
Quote:

Quote:

LOL...

Thank you!

GE-Raven

Raven,

FYI

Quote:

As for being a nuisance, yes I most certainly was, but for a cause i believed in (and still do). Now that I have your answer I will try to be less of one, at least on your forums, as I reserve the right to state my opinion of your decision on other less sensitive ones. And Dave, if you choose to post on those forums, I will defend your right to do so as I have defended the banned individuals here. Just because I don't agree with you desn't mean that I wont defend your right to disagree.

I see no contradition of my earlier post.  I merely extendend an invitation to Mr. Ferrell.  I suggest you read a bit closer next time.  

Thank you  
« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 10:43:30 am by KATChuutRitt »

GE-Raven

« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2003, 11:04:56 am »

Thanks,

Dave "

GE-Raven

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by GE-Raven »

Aldaron

« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2003, 11:09:25 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Mister Ferrell,

Hooch  

Mister O,

Hooch  

And yet you still don't know when to quit..........

« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 11:18:19 am by Aldaron »

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2003, 11:11:07 am »
Quote:

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2003, 11:27:41 am »
Raven,

I said I would be less of a nuisance on the Taldren forums, this does not preclude discussing it on other forums.  Is it rude to invite someone to speak up for themself?  I think not.

As for these forums I intendeded let it drop after I posted my invitation to Dave.  If there is any further discussion by me on that issue I plan to do it on the SFC2.net  forums, that was the whole purpose of that post.

Quote:

I ask you this. Is this not bringing up the subject on the forum? Is this not what you promised to not do?

No I never promised this.  Just to be less of a nuisance, I don't consider a polite invitation to discussion being a nuisance.

Quote:

Could you not have sent this to Dave in person?

Yes I could have but Dave has never bothered to reply to any other messages I have sent, none of which I considered rude, and not all on this issue.

Quote:

What is the point in publicly posting this if not to reraise the issue?

Twofold, first it makes to invitation know to everyone in hopes of encouraging the mentioned dialogue on other forums with participation by those in both camps who usually wouldn't frequent that forum, but may wish to express their views.

Second, to encourage the other members of the unbanning movement to drop the issue on these forums and move the discussion to other forums where it would not be considered a nuisance.

I hope I have answered all your questions.

Good Day Sir

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2003, 11:48:45 am »
Quote:

Thanks,

Dave "

GE-Raven

Coy? I am anything but that I think. Your terse remarks at Chutt and I are becoming the issue. We are being civil, you are taking issue with us.

Hi-jacking? I started this thread if you will look, so that is an odd point you make. Besides, your nasty responses to me keep the days interesting. I should be saying thank you as well. So thank you  

Hooch  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2003, 12:25:29 pm »
Quote:

NP.

Thanks,

Dave  

No... thank you! The more the merrier.

Hooch

Karnak

« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2003, 12:34:56 pm »
Quote:

Yeah, what he said.  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2003, 12:35:41 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

I do not see that you are not. The dyna is still up and that is pleasing. Many of us that love this classic game never want to see it die away. It was the best of it kind for the time when you all released it and us TOS folks like the ships and the era better than TNG. It has an addictive qualiy to it, the SFC games are the only online games I play if that says anything.

I have been upset by recent events here but they are most denfinatly not game related.

Thanks for over two years of good gaming.

Hooch

LongTooth

« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2003, 01:36:06 pm »
Well thanks GE raven but some of US honnered our word (hench why the thread has not been bunped)
I know why dont you start calling us morle cowards again  yes thats a sure fired way to end a thread:rolleyes:
How come some one whos been around for as long as you have be so stupid?
You dont want theses type of threads on the boards YET you keep posting in them maybe you should stop

LongTooth

« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2003, 01:59:34 pm »
Quote:

Satyr, toasty o I thougth as modaraters you would be above this what are you cherleaders? some one from taldren posts some thing and its a race to see wicth one of you is going to bash anyone who dont agree with taldren
If you dont want a post to see the light of day STOP POSTING IN IT stop acting like your joined at the hip triping
over your coat tails tring to get the the keyboard to reply to a post
If I may be so bold as to offer a little advice? Try to act like the rest of the taldren modaraters (ie put down the pom poms and do the job you were asked to do)

LongTooth

« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2003, 02:09:18 pm »
Hooch chutt I got what I came for dave gave the reply thats enough for me  

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2003, 02:43:24 pm »
Roger Longtooth

As I stated before my invitation was intended as my last post on it unless I see another "bump" from those asking it be dropped with an insulting remark attatched.

Toasty0

« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2003, 03:08:00 pm »
Hooch wroteth:
Quote:

Mister O,

Huh? Did I throw something at you?   Oh! you mean *about* you.  Actually, I thought it very restrained and not at all nasty.

I know I made the observation that you're refusing to accept the answer you got instead of the one you expected for a question you asked.  The answer is NO, Hooch. They will not be unbanned. So let it be already and move on just as you said you would.

Calling me rude, and now Satyr too, isn't helping any. Because we disagree with you doesn't make us rude...just contrary.

On a personal note: I think I told you this once before(in the old forums)--you are lucky that I am *only* a moderator. If I were an Admin you'd be gone. Period. No question. Imho, you have done a lot to continue to exaccerbate ill-will within this community (and other communties I hear--but that is not my concern) and you soundly support those who  spew ugliness under the banner of "free speech".  I fail to see how that is a positive for this community.

Btw, just for the record. I have been very restrained in my responses to you. I have tried to keep it humorous. Though it is obvous you missed the humor. Fair enough. I won't use humor in the future.

I think we'd like to leave it there for now. Don't you?

Jerry      

EDIT: I apologize for going over the top.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 07:59:40 pm by Toasty0 »

SSCF Hooch

Jerry
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2003, 05:18:31 pm »
Really? I foster ill will, now that is odd. I suppose this reply to me does not?

You would toss me?

Why, what have I said about Taldren,  it's games, or it's staff that are not positive.

For the record, those who got hammered with the "death penalty" might  have gotten what was coming to them. Taldren is completely within their rights to ban anybody for anything.

You want my true motivations about all of this...fine, here it is. You asked, so now I am telling you and the whole of these forums, my true, evil, discord bringing, and hate filled desire to see these men allowed back into these forums.

I was NOT asking in the name of free speech, nope you got it all wrong Jerry.

I was, as a Christain, was asking for mercy for them.

Now, am I a good Christain? No very, but I try.

It was for the example that Jesus always showed toward those who deserved judgement and yet showed them mercy and forgiveness, that is why I was asking. I was hoping that like your humor to me, which I missed, many would see the point I was really making was about how we as Christains should respond to personal and vile attacks without starting a whole thread on the merits of Christain faith. I am sorry you missed that, just as you are sorry i missed your humor.

Well thats it, I did because of my faith pure and simple, not the best faith or the most informed faith. My faith is very simple but very fierce. I belive in mercy, I belive in forgviness, I belive that I am a man who has only the cross and the hope it gives me that there is mercy and hope in it. We as Christains are commanded to do NO LESS than what Jesus did, to point of asking God almighty to forgive the very ones that were killing him on a Roman cross.

"How many times shall I forgive a man, he asked, Seven times as the law commands? Jesus answered, I say to you, you shall forgive a man seventy times seven"

"Father forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass aginst us"

"A woman pleaded with a judge for justice and he refused her, she kept going to the judge eveyday to him asking for justice, finally he said "I will give this woman that what she seeks"

That was and has been my example and my hope in all of this.

Do people of conviction offend you?

Do people who are willing to pay the price of conviction scare you as well?

Do I belive in free speech...yes, but not personal attacks on people who make games for us to enjoy, do I belive in making the games better...yes, but only by civil discourse and the sharing of ideas.

I have never endorsed their comments, never.

I stand only on what I belive the Holy Spirit has lead me to do here about this issue. Yes...you read it right... I am saying that I belive that I was called by the Holy Spirit to lead this issue and this effort and I am willing to pay the price for it.

Well here I am, blast away, I suspect you could ban me or get somebody who could do it for you.

Now please be sure to mock my faith and call me a horrible example of Christainity, all of you that think I am being a moron or a jerk, or a public pain in the rump.

Since you left me your name to make it real, I will do so for you as well.

If you want to really call me names and threaten me I will PM my phone number to you.

Byron    

David Ferrell

« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2003, 05:45:23 pm »
Can we all just relax?

now.

Thanks,

Dave  

ChamadaIV

Let there be peace....
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2003, 06:01:58 pm »
I'm sorry for jumping in like this, but I too am a believer in the Holy Spirit. Hooch's argument holds strength of heart, and I truly respect that. However, ToastyO's...well, how shall I call it...sophistic remarks also hold a manner of truth not to be ignored.

Ultimately, hard feelings over meager comments and simple words (like Mr. Ferell's banning of Kai Lee for example) only creates conflict to the degree of which I am seeing here right now. Harsh words needn't be exchanged personally, gentlemen. Yes, I'm attempting to be the voice of reason here. Indiscriminate bannings of "undesireables" fits well with the dictorial and imperialistic ways of the empries of old, not in today's society.

As hard as it is to do, the best way to deal with the criticisms of others is simply to let them be, and MOVE ON. You've got to be open-minded and stoic when dealing with such things, especially in real life but also on such things as these chat boards.

As Hooch says should be done, FORGIVE, and let be. Open hostility will achieve nothing in the end.

That is all. Quote me as you all wish. I've nothing to be ashamed of, I've said what I felt I needed to say....  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2003, 06:02:46 pm »
Quote:

Can we all just relax?

now.

Thanks,

Dave  

Done as per your request. I am tired of fighting too.

Hooch

Blitzkrieg

« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2003, 06:49:40 pm »
Are we on about porn or bad porn? I was exposed to mild amounts of porn from an early age and it did me no arm   In all seriousness moderators need to exist on message boards which allow pictures and dont have a swear filter. Just in case someone starts going over the top!

Tantalus

« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2003, 07:08:30 pm »

David Ferrell

« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2003, 07:21:40 pm »
Quote:

Please do send me the SFC2.net info.

I removed the link at one point because it was broken and causing headaches (namely mine).

Thanks,

Dave  

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2003, 07:38:09 pm »
Quote:

Toasty0

« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2003, 08:10:32 pm »
Same here. I had SFC2.net linked from my site as well when the link became broken. I was under the impresion that the site had been shutdown due to a lack of funds and only recently discovered otherwise.

Please feel free to email me at  Toasty0@toasty0.com

Best,
Jerry    
« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 08:11:41 pm by Toasty0 »

FatherTed

« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2003, 08:29:39 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

One of my favorite threads:  J'inn at home    

Scipio_66

« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2003, 10:23:07 pm »
Quote:

Kroma.  Sans tutu.  Be afraid.

-S'Cipio
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Scipio_66 »

Toasty0

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2003, 11:31:19 pm »
Quote:

sophistic remarks also hold a manner of truth not to be ignored.

hehe. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, but if so, thanks for brining a smile. I love word play and that surely, if intentional, is a great twist of logic.  

Let the persiflage flourish!

Thanks man.

Best,
Jerry  

Cruis.In

« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2003, 01:27:12 am »
can't we all just get along?

TheSatyr

« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2003, 02:24:01 am »
Next thing ya know some Mirak will start posting kitty porn,then it'll be the end of civilization as we know it.  

Credo Narth

« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2003, 04:01:44 am »
Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Cheers.

LongTooth

« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2003, 07:12:06 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Cheers.  

U.K. still has EAW and OP to buy check out HMV