Topic: Galaxies at War (The mod)  (Read 30486 times)

Ducttapewonder

Re: Galaxies at War
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2003, 12:49:13 pm »
Bumpage  

Anthony_Scott

Re: Galaxies at War (The mod)
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2003, 01:51:03 pm »
Count me in as a researcher!! Thos oughta be fun!

Semper Fi, Carry On

Rod O'neal

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2003, 03:29:31 pm »
Hi all. I'm all for trying this and want to help however I can. I'm sure that I can help with specs and such. Compiling shiplists and ftrlists, etc...

It shouldn't take a whole lot of people to do this, although "The More the Merrier", as they say. There's lots of models out there already, new ones would add to the excitement though. Lot's of us can mod the spec files. Scripters would really help a lot. New campaigns would really make this awesome. Any of you C++ types want to help out?  

I_Mudd

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2003, 04:09:14 pm »
If you need anything, I'll see what I can do. Just let me know.

I_Mudd.  

rmahannah

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2003, 07:53:57 pm »
I just want to applaud all of you for taking the initiative!!!  People like you will keep this game alive, even if others (Activision) are trying to kill it!  Bravo!!!  

DarkMatrix

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2003, 03:16:11 am »
Quote:

Hi all. I'm all for trying this and want to help however I can. I'm sure that I can help with specs and such. Compiling shiplists and ftrlists, etc...

It shouldn't take a whole lot of people to do this, although "The More the Merrier", as they say. There's lots of models out there already, new ones would add to the excitement though. Lot's of us can mod the spec files. Scripters would really help a lot. New campaigns would really make this awesome. Any of you C++ types want to help out?  

you r just the man we need

DM

DarkMatrix

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2003, 03:18:46 am »
Desty_Nova

thanks for posting the storyline i`ll back that to txt file today

kind of reminds me of cross beween the best of both worlds and yesterdays enterprise

btw is they picture of the federation ship in the story? and the ando one i`ll try and model them or get them modeled then

DM

Desty_Nova

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2003, 03:24:34 am »
The Darwin is a Galactic Survey Cruiser. It looks more or less like a standard connie, except it has 4 little dishes for special sensors sticking out of the edge of the saucer.  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2003, 03:39:23 am »
Quote:

Quote:

you r just the man we need

DM  

Thanks, man. It'll be cool to contribute to something that others are involved in. I planned on doing specs for these races anyways. Actually, I've had them in my game a few times in the past already. I've always wanted to have input from others to make them better than any one person could do. It'll be more fun this way too.  

DarkMatrix

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2003, 04:32:09 am »
Rod O'neal and Desty_Nova   welcome to Team GAWTM

thats

me
Dtw
Kf
Rod O'neal
Desty_Nova

we still need a mission writter and webperson guys

also dtw almost done the federation lineup we post the full list later this week with ship renders so you see  whats comming and by who

we collecting all models as we go too

the Tholian ca,cl,dn are now with full lods and brk mods just weapons need seeing too i`m still working away on the others
here

DM

« Last Edit: November 04, 2003, 04:34:48 am by DarkMatrix »

Desty_Nova

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2003, 04:34:21 am »
Glad to be here. Let's kick some modding ass!  

DarkMatrix

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2003, 05:00:33 am »
Klingon Fanatic man i`ve done the Tholian CA,CL,DN,FT,FA,SB  by taldren all lods and brk models
do you still have the ka ports man so we fill the missing slots ?

i got to kitbash up few off the taldren models later today to fill slots up so we got diffrent ships too

also someone did few kitbashs few weeks back if you read this can you please point me to them if you dont mind us using them in the mod

thanks

DM

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2003, 11:22:39 am »
Quote:

Klingon Fanatic man i`ve done the Tholian CA,CL,DN,FT,FA,SB  by taldren all lods and brk models
do you still have the ka ports man so we fill the missing slots ?

i got to kitbash up few off the taldren models later today to fill slots up so we got diffrent ships too

also someone did few kitbashs few weeks back if you read this can you please point me to them if you dont mind us using them in the mod

thanks

DM

All the KA tholian conversions were put up at SFU under "Klingon Academy Tholians." Taldren's Tholian Starbase lighting is off so it needs to be tweaked. Hollis J. Wood gave his OK to use his retextured Tholians I did that are also there. If I may, his Tholian starbase that I retextured should be resized as we need a Tholian Base Station. There is a blue fighter and a red/orange shuttle of his I retextured there.  I'm sure Terradyne has no problem with us using his kitbashes which are also at SFU.

If I may I hope we will use P81's Andromedan Imposer and Cobra, Taldren's Andromedans and your Kitbashes. The ASB and the rest of your Andros are at SFU as well. Desty Nova's Andros are excellent too!

Qapla!

KF

Stylsy

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2003, 11:32:28 am »
Well this sounds lie a great project, and I'd like to offer my services as a webmaster, putting together your work for the community.

Some examples of my work:

http://www.stylsy.co.uk
http://www.3dap.com/eliteforce/

I have some webspace for the site but no large files, we can probably get space for files from Raven Night. I am also willing to purchase a domain name to point to the site.

I'll get it sorted with some initial plans for you if you accept.

Rod O'neal

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2003, 12:53:57 pm »
Hey KF. Do you still have the Andro specs that I sent you a while back? I lost that shiplist during a reinstall of OP. They'd need to be tweaked and the way that the SatShips are listed should be changed, but it's a start and will save some work.

As an opening suggestion, or two, for the Tholians ADB has an alternate Weapon loadout where Webcasters are replaced by disruptors on a 2/1 ratio. I had also toyed around replacing them with the plasma snare, which I thought worked out pretty good. Websnares are replaced with 2xPh3's according to ADB specs, if I remember correctly. OP now has the L/R firing arcs that the snares use.

The Seltorian's heavy weapons are also replaced by disruptors. If we use disruptors for both the Tholians and the Seltorians though there won't really be too much difference between them tactically. This is why I felt that the plasma snare was a good alternative for the Tholians. Web has the effect of slowing a ship down when you run into it, as well as other effects that can't be duplicated in SFC. The plasma snare can at least simulate the "slowing down" effect.

The Seltorian Particle Cannon is roughly a slightly less powerful disruptor that fires twice per turn. The disruptor is the closest thing in SFC to it. The Web Breaker/Shield Cracker is a short range weapon, range 10, that again does roughly the same damage as disruptors. The twist is that it only damages shields and web. Again there's nothing in SFC to approximate that effect. Standard replacement in SFB is the Disruptor 1. That would give the Selts all disruptors for heavy weapons. I thought that an alternative idea could be to use the phaser B. It's exactly the opposite of the Shield Cracker. It does very little damage to shields but, since the latest patch is devastating to bare hull. This would give the Selts some racial flavor of their own and introduce unique tactics when playing them.

If the alternate weapons were used I was only going to have the Tholians use plasma snares, replacing the snares on the Gorn with plasma-X and give only the Selts the phaser B. This would make these races unique in their tactics.

These are just some suggestions to get things going on how we would spec them out.  

Desty_Nova

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2003, 02:12:29 pm »
I like these ideas. They may not be exactly the same as their SFB counterparts, but it's cool that you're thinking of ways to keep racial flavor. Big ol' thumbs up!

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2003, 04:24:21 pm »
Quote:

Hey KF. Do you still have the Andro specs that I sent you a while back? I lost that shiplist during a reinstall of OP. They'd need to be tweaked and the way that the SatShips are listed should be changed, but it's a start and will save some work.

As an opening suggestion, or two, for the Tholians ADB has an alternate Weapon loadout where Webcasters are replaced by disruptors on a 2/1 ratio. I had also toyed around replacing them with the plasma snare, which I thought worked out pretty good. Websnares are replaced with 2xPh3's according to ADB specs, if I remember correctly. OP now has the L/R firing arcs that the snares use.

The Seltorian's heavy weapons are also replaced by disruptors. If we use disruptors for both the Tholians and the Seltorians though there won't really be too much difference between them tactically. This is why I felt that the plasma snare was a good alternative for the Tholians. Web has the effect of slowing a ship down when you run into it, as well as other effects that can't be duplicated in SFC. The plasma snare can at least simulate the "slowing down" effect.

The Seltorian Particle Cannon is roughly a slightly less powerful disruptor that fires twice per turn. The disruptor is the closest thing in SFC to it. The Web Breaker/Shield Cracker is a short range weapon, range 10, that again does roughly the same damage as disruptors. The twist is that it only damages shields and web. Again there's nothing in SFC to approximate that effect. Standard replacement in SFB is the Disruptor 1. That would give the Selts all disruptors for heavy weapons. I thought that an alternative idea could be to use the phaser B. It's exactly the opposite of the Shield Cracker. It does very little damage to shields but, since the latest patch is devastating to bare hull. This would give the Selts some racial flavor of their own and introduce unique tactics when playing them.

If the alternate weapons were used I was only going to have the Tholians use plasma snares, replacing the snares on the Gorn with plasma-X and give only the Selts the phaser B. This would make these races unique in their tactics.

These are just some suggestions to get things going on how we would spec them out.    

OK Rod. I will send the specs you made and the fighterlist and strings.

Now that I know how to alter the race selection names, what priate slots are going to be assigned to what races so I can get those out the door?

Recommendations OPEN FOR DISCUSSION:

Tholians either Orion (truly neutral) or OrionOrion (allies with Feds vs Klinks most of the time)

Andromedans OrionWyldefire (location, location, location)

Mirror OriorSyndicate (nice diversion vs Romulans) Copy Fed list change 'F- ' to ' S-' and ShipNames also {i did this for the latest stock Fed list already if you want to try it}

Qapla!

KF
« Last Edit: November 04, 2003, 09:09:20 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2003, 04:26:09 pm »
Quote:

Well this sounds lie a great project, and I'd like to offer my services as a webmaster, putting together your work for the community.

Some examples of my work:

http://www.stylsy.co.uk
http://www.3dap.com/eliteforce/

I have some webspace for the site but no large files, we can probably get space for files from Raven Night. I am also willing to purchase a domain name to point to the site.

I'll get it sorted with some initial plans for you if you accept.  

Cool,  thanks for the help!  

Hey check out my old webpage of WIP stuff I wanted to do with a TMP era Andromedan Invasion:

www.klingonfanatic4.20m.com

http://www.klingonfanatic4.20m.com/custom4.html

Actually this page is the feel that I was going with:

http://www.klingonfanatic4.20m.com/custom3.html

KF

« Last Edit: November 04, 2003, 04:54:11 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2003, 06:49:57 pm »
OK , I just took this in game shot of one of DarkMatrix's kitbashes of P81's Imposer.

Rod O' Neal, I sent off  the Andro stats you made last year.

Still need input on race selection folks.

BTW: We MIGHT have a new crop of COOL Mirak ships available soon, standbye for further news.

Now to get Ganymad's consent on my retexture work on WZ45's Ulysses

KF
« Last Edit: November 04, 2003, 06:54:46 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

DarkMatrix

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2003, 03:42:28 am »
thxs will get them later today all dn slots are now full kitbashed up 3 yesterday morning

DM