Topic: Hey Dallas : The Recipe Thread.  (Read 23180 times)

Sirgod

Hey Dallas : The Recipe Thread.
« on: December 10, 2003, 01:38:49 pm »
I was just wondering how the Soup turned out. Don't worry If you didn't like It, But I would like to know If It was ok. I forgot also to mention that abit ofGarlic wouldn't hurt It.

stephen
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 08:42:50 am by Sirgod »

Dallas

Re: Hey Dallas
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 07:56:24 pm »
Hey bud,
Sorry I didn't post earlier. The soup came out decent even though
I totally screwed it up.  

First, I didn't use enough potatoes.
Second, I used to much condensed milk.
Third, the cheese I got was this hardcore yuppie swiss and the
flavor was really overpowering.

I'm gonna try it again soon and see if I get it right.

JMM

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 09:55:51 pm »
Uh oh, Stephen and big D been trading recipes again... LOL  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 10:19:46 pm »
With Dallas, I thought they'd be trading picks of scantily-clad females.  

Dallas

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 10:57:14 pm »
Quote:

I sent him a bunch of pics from my private collection and all I got in return was
a recipe for potatoe soup.

TheShadow

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 11:01:50 pm »
 Ok, not to really change the subject, but does anyone here think we should create a forumite cookbook? I know I have a ton of recipes, some of which have been passed down in my family for hundreds of years.    

Toasty0

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 12:06:42 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I sent him a bunch of pics from my private collection and all I got in return was

cough? Collection?

Toasty0

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2003, 12:07:59 am »
Quote:

Ok, not to really change the subject, but does anyone here think we should create a forumite cookbook? I know I have a ton of recipes, some of which have been passed down in my family for hundreds of years.    

http://www.toasty0.net  

TheShadow

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2003, 12:39:07 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Ah, but we need one where everyone can contribute Toasty. I'll have to try your chili recipe though. I have a weakness for chili.      

Toasty0

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2003, 12:42:08 am »
I'm all for that. What I'd like to to is add a section called Taldranite recipes and then include all those posted here.

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

I'm scared at the thought of what SteelClaw and that crazy pink tutu wearing Gorn my want to include. <shudder>  

TheShadow

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2003, 12:50:29 am »
Quote:

I'm all for that. What I'd like to to is add a section called Taldranite recipes and then include all those posted here.

I'm scared at the thought of what SteelClaw and that crazy pink tutu wearing Gorn my want to include. <shudder>  

Creme de la Lyran? Klingon Bloodworm Suprise? Braised Romulan in Lemon Pepper Sauce?

Mmmmm Mmmm Good!    

TheShadow

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2003, 12:57:11 am »
 Do you think the mods would put a sticky on a recipe thread?    

Toasty0

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2003, 01:04:59 am »
I don't see why not.  

TheShadow

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2003, 01:06:39 am »
 Thanks man, let the calories roll.      

Sirgod

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2003, 08:46:51 am »
Hehe, Well, I Usually use about 10lbs If not more.

The recipe I gave him was for potatoe Soup.

10 lbs of Potatoes, One or two Large onions, Swiss Cheese, 1-2 cans of Milnot 9depending on how creamy you want It).

Basicly I boil the Potatoes and onion, a bit of Garlic doesn't hurt. When they Get to the Texture I like, I drain most of the water off, an add the Milnot. When It starts to boil, I back ogg the heat, and add abit of swiss cheese.

I might have forgotten something though when I first gave you recipe Dallas, I was too busy looking at those pics you sent me.  

Stephen

Sirgod

Re: Hey Dallas : The Recipe Thread.
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2003, 10:02:58 am »
Here's another one to get the thread Started.

Pizza Puff.

A package of frozen pastry sheets (thawed)
A jar of Ragu or similar pizza sauce
Shredded mozzerella cheese ( i use feta cheese)
Sliced pepperoni (i use hard salami) re-sliced into quarters or chopped
Black olives sliced or chopped
Olive oil
Oven (pre-heated to 425 F)

1. Place a pastry sheet on a large baking sheet.
2. About 1/2 inward from the edges, spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of sauce onto the pastry sheet. Thinly spread the sauce so that it covers and area about 2 inches.
3. Sprinkle that with cheese.
4. Add about 1/2 tablespoon each of olives and pepperoni.
5. Sprinkle with cheese again.
6. Fill the entire pastry sheet with piles of stuff leaving about 1/2 inch of space between piles.
7. Lay the top pastry sheet over that, pressing out any air pockets with your fingertips and pinch around the edges to seal.
8. Brush lightly with olive oil
9. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder or mozzerella cheese
10. Cut out eaach pastry with a blunt edge, such as a spatula or top edge of a knife.
11. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 425 or until pastry turns golden brown.
12. Get some cold beer and friends and enjoy!!!

Stephen

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2003, 04:56:38 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2003, 05:34:25 pm »
Quote:

Fruitcake  

ROFLMAO.

My friend mike Sumrall who've you heard me talk baot occasionaly, and I used to kid about thisall the time.

What really makes It Funny, Is my Aunt, and Grandmother Who live together make brandied Fruit Cakes every year for X-mas. Niether one of them Drink, ad they swear they'll cut down on Baking Cakes every year.

Well I guess there right.

They are only making 68 Cakes this year Down from 92 From last year LOL

I know you didn't intend it in the way It was meant nemesis, But man You Rock !!!

Stephen

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2003, 05:52:51 pm »
Quote:

ROFLMAO.

My friend mike Sumrall who've you heard me talk baot occasionaly, and I used to kid about thisall the time.

What really makes It Funny, Is my Aunt, and Grandmother Who live together make brandied Fruit Cakes every year for X-mas. Niether one of them Drink, ad they swear they'll cut down on Baking Cakes every year.

I know you didn't intend it in the way It was meant nemesis, But man You Rock !!!

Stephen  

Don't give me too much credit, I merely found it I didn't create it.

Actually my mother used to make fruitcakes and I quite liked them.    

Sirgod

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2003, 05:57:49 pm »
I know man, It was just personally Funny to me, Actualy My Aunts Cakes are quite good, and I usualyy try and order at least 3 from her every year. One for ourselves, One for the In-Laws. and one for a nieghbor.

Stephen

WaterTiger

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2003, 06:09:21 pm »
Here are some tasty ...... ummmmmmmm..... universal recipies from the Knights of Hegemony.

Check out their cookbook.  

Hydran S'mores anyone? ... KFC, perhaps? ( Klingon Fried Carcass)

These guys get my vote for the Recipies of the Week.

Pickled Romulan ears are my personal favorite, Dallas.

WaterTiger

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by WaterTiger »

Dallas

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2003, 10:48:57 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

cough? Collection?

Well, "collection" sounds alot better than "stack of pr0n".

TheShadow

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2003, 10:52:25 pm »
 In case none of you can tell, I like sweets. Not candy, cakes & pies. So here goes.

DRIED APPLE STACK CAKE

3/4 C. plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. molasses  
1/2 C. butter/shortening
1 egg  
1/2 Tsp. vanilla
1/4 C. buttermilk
3 C. flour
1/2 Tsp. soda
1/4 Tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tsp. baking powder  
1/2 Tsp. cinnamon
1/4 Tsp. nutmeg  

Cream butter and sugar, add molasses, vanilla and egg, blend  well. A mixer may be used to this point. The rest should be  done by hand because you will end up with a dough, not a batter.  Combine dry ingredients. Add alternately with buttermilk to  the creamed mixture. Mix well. This will be thicker than a  biscuit dough.  Divide dough into six balls. Pat each ball into a prepared 9  inch layer cake pan. Bake at 375º for 10-12 minutes. Cool  slightly before removing from pan. Put apple filling between  layers.

APPLE FILLING

1 pound dried apples
1 1/2 C. sugar  
3/4 C. brown sugar
1/2 Tsp. nutmeg  
1/2 Tsp. Cloves
2 Tsp. cinnamon  

Place apples in saucepan and barely cover with water. Simmer  until tender. Remove from heat and mash. Add sugar and spices  and stir to dissolve sugar. Heat slightly if necessary.  Divide into six equal parts. Put between layers of Stack Cake,  ending with apple filling on top. This cake is best if made  two or three days before serving.    

IRISH POTATO CAKE

2 C. sugar  
2 C. flour  
1/4 C. cocoa  
1 Tsp. each nutmeg, cloves,  cinnamon & vanilla  
1/2 C. milk                    
1/2 C. shortening, softened  
1 C. creamed potatoes  
1 C. raisins  
1 C. pecans  

Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Cream potatoes  and shortening together, add milk and mix well. Gradually  incorporate dry ingredients into potato mixture. Add vanilla  and beat for 2 minutes. Fold in raisins and pecans. Divide into  2 prepared 9 inch layer cake pans. Bake in hot oven 425º, until  cake springs back when touched. Top with your favorite chocolate  icing.      

DARK FRUIT CAKE  

1 Pound each; flour, brown sugar, butter, dates, and figs  
2 Pound each; raisins, nuts  
1/2 Pound each; citron, lemon/orange peel, cherries  
2 Rings crystallized pineapple  
1 glass each; grape and blackberry jelly  
1 C. each; black molasses, grape juice  
1 Tsp. each; cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg  
1 Tsp. soda dissolved in 1 tsp. boiling water  
1 Dozen eggs   Reserve
1 C. flour.

Combine all fruits and nuts, except pineapple    rings and a handful of nuts for garnish, into a large bowl,  sift reserved flour over mixture and stir, coating well. Set  aside.  In a very large bowl cream butter and brown sugar.  Add jellies,  molasses and juice, mixing well. Sift together flour and spices,  gradually incorporate into liquid alternately with eggs. Mix  in soda water. Fold in fruit and nut mixture. Turn into specially  prepared pans   grease pans with shortening, line with brown  paper, then grease again. Place pineapple rings and nuts or  cherries in bottom of pan in a decorative fashion  gently,  filling half full. Tap pans to remove air bubbles. Bake at 250º- 300º for 4 hours. Tube pans may be used or you may want to bake  in loaf pans to give as gifts during the Holidays.  These cake may be made ahead as much as a month and soaked in  rum or pineapple juice

MOLASSES CAKE  

1/2 C. butter            
1/2 Tsp. soda  
1 C. sugar  
1/2 Tsp. cinnamon  
1 egg  
1/2 Tsp. nutmeg  
1 C. sifted flour  
3/4 C. buttermilk  
1/2 Tsp. salt  
1/2 C. molasses  
1 Tsp. baking powder  

Cream butter and sugar together, add molasses and buttermilk.  Mix well, add egg. Sift dry ingredients together and gradually  add to liquid mixture. Pour into a prepared 8 inch square cake  pan. Bake at 325º for 45 minutes.  Mix 1/4 C. hot water and 1/2 C sugar and pour over cake. This  makes the cake moist.

RED VELVET CAKE  
2 eggs  
1/2 Tsp. salt  
2 C. sugar  
1 1/2 Tsp. soda  
1 C. butter  
1 Tsp. vanilla  
1 C. buttermilk  
1 Tbs. cocoa  
2 1/2 C. cake flour  
1 Tbs. vinegar  
2 oz. red cake coloring  

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Make  a paste of vinegar ,  and cocoa and add to mixture. Sift salt  and soda with flour, add to mixture alternately with buttermilk.  Blend well.  Beat in vanilla and cake coloring.  Pour into prepared  cake pans and bake at 350º for 30 minutes.  

FILLING  
1 C. milk  
2 Tsp. flour  
1 C. butter  
1 Tsp. vanilla  
1 C. sugar  
1 C. chopped nuts  
1 can flake coconut  

Cook milk and flour on low heat until thick. Set aside and allow  to cool completely. Cream sugar and butter; add flour mixture.  Beat until mixture looks like whipped cream. Add chopped nuts,  coconut flakes and vanilla. Blend well and spread on layers.

More to come....  

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by TheShadow »

TheShadow

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2003, 11:09:44 pm »
 What, No one else has recipes?    

TheShadow

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2003, 11:47:05 pm »
 Ok, here's a few more of mine.    

STRIPE IT RICH CAKE
1 Pkg. cake mix
2 pkg. Jell-O inst. pudding
1 C. powdered sugar
4 C. cold milk  

1. Prepare cake mix as directed on pkg., baking in 13x9" pan.  2.Remove from oven. Poke holes at once down through the cake to the pan with round handle of wooden spoon at 1" intervals. 3. Next, combine pudding mix with sugar in large bowl. Gradually stir in milk. Then beat at low speed of electric mixer for not more than 1 minute. Do not over beat. 4. Quickly, before pudding thickens, pour about 1 of the thin mixture evenly over warm cake and into holes to make the stripes. 5. Allow the remaining pudding to thicken slightly;then spoon over the top, swirling it to frost the cake. Chill at least 1 hour. Store cake in the refrigerator.

CARROT GINGER MUFFINS
Pam
1 C. low-fat buttermilk 1 tsp. baking powder{ C. corn syrup 1 C.brown sugar{ C. walnuts 1 C. raisins3 C. grated carrots 1 tbs. fresh gingers
4 lg. egg whites
2 tbs. vegetable oil
1 C. water
3C. oat bran

Preheat oven to 400°. Spray 16 muffins tins with Pam. Combine baking powder with buttermilk, add corn syrup, brown sugar, walnuts, raisins, carrots, ginger, egg whites, oil and water. Stir well. Gently fold in the oat bran, a little at a time. Mix until just moistened. Divide among 16 muffin tins. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes until lightly brown and firm to the touch. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, remove from,pan. Muffins may be stored chilled for 3 weeks, or frozen forU3 months. Reheat in microwave for 30 seconds or oven at 350°Ufor 10 minutes.

SHRIMP WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS & MUSHROOMS

Serves 6, each serving: 173 Calories. 3 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. safflower oil
2 C. sliced mushrooms, s
alt & pepper to taste
3/4 oz. boletus dried
2 cloves garlic, chopped   soaked 15 min.
1 C. sliced scallions
3/4 C. dry white wine
2 tbs. minced mint
1 tsp. crushed rosemary  
9 oz. artichoke hearts
1 lb. lg. shrimp, with shells on

Heat oils in lg. skillet, add fresh mushrooms, salt  and pepper. Cook on high until mushrooms start to brown.  Drain dried mushrooms, reserving 2 tbs. liquid. Add  dried mushrooms & liquid, garlic, scallions, wine, mint,  and rosemary to the cooked mushrooms. Cover and cook  over med. heat for 10 min. Blanch artichoke hearts in  boiling water. drain when water returns to boil and  add to mixture in skillet. Cover and cook about 10  minutes over low to med. heat. Taste for salt. Add  shrimp, turn up heat, and cook until they turn pink.  Do not overcook. Remove shells from shrimp before serving.

TERIAKI BEEF STIR FRY
1 lb. round steak stir fry to be marinated in the following:
3 tbs. teriyaki sauce
2 tbs. vegetable oil
2 tbs. cornstarch  

Mix together until well blended, add beef stirring to coat well. Place in refrigerator for 4 hours. Remove, and drain saving liquid. In large skillet or wok that has been sprayed with Pam, Stir fry at high heat until slightly brown.
Add the following all at once:  
6 onions sliced thinly
2 bell peppers, cut into thin strips
marinade liquid  

Continue stir frying until vegetables cooked lightly, and sauce thickens. Serve hot with rice.

SAVORY BEEF SUPPER  
1 Cup cubed cooked roast beef
1cups cubed raw potato
1cup condensed beef broth
1 8-ounce can stewed tomatoes
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Dash pepper
1 8-ounce can small white onions drained  

In sauce pan, combine ingredients except onions.  Cover and cook till potato is tender, about 20-25  minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions; heat  through.  

BUTTER NUT CAKE  
1 C. shortening          
2 C. sugar
4 eggs
1 C. cake flour
1 C. self-rising flour
1 C. evaporated milk
1 tbs. butternut flavoring  

Combine all ingredients as usual for cake. Pour batter into prepared tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Let set 10 minutes before removing from pan.

CHEESE BAKED CHICKEN  
2 small chicken breast      
1 tbs butter, melted
1/3 C grated parmesan cheese  
2 tbs butter

Dip chicken in 1 tbs butter melted, then in parmesan  cheese. melt remaining butter in shallow pie plate.  Place chicken skin side up in pie plate. Bake in hot oven 400° about 50 minutes basting with  pan juices twice. Cover with tin foil during last  15 minutes to prevent over browning.

CRISSCROSS POTATOES
1 large baking potato    
1 tbs butter, melted
Salt
Paprika

Scrub potato; cut in half lengthwise. Make diagonal  slashes about 1/8 inch deep in cut surface of potato,  forming crisscross pattern. Brush surface with butter;  season with salt. Place in shallow pan or on foil. Bake  in hot oven (400°) for 40 minutes. sprinkle potato with  paprika then bake 10 minutes more till done.  Use with Cinnamon Peach Crisp for complete meal.

EASY BAKE CHICKEN CASSEROLE  

1 pound boneless chicken breast cut into 1"cubes  
1 jar any flavor RAGU CHICKEN TONIGHT  
1 C. instant rice, uncooked (extra rice can be used  for thicker consistency)  

Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chicken in an 11"x7"  baking dish. Add sauce, stirring to coat chicken evenly.  Cover tightly and bake 35-40 minutes or until chicken  is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken from oven and  immediately add rice to casserole; stir to mix well.  Cover tightly and let stand 5 minutes or until rice  is tender. Serves 4 to 6.    

CHICKEN STIR FRY
1 C. chicken broth      
2 Tbs. Mazola oil divided
1 Tbs. soy sauce        
4 C. cut-up fresh vegetables
1 Tbs. corn starch      
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ginger          
 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast thinly sliced      
1tsp. crushed red  pepper

1. In bowl stir first 5 ingredients; set aside. 2. In skillet heat 1 tbs. oil over medium high heat. Add vegetables and garlic; stir fry 3 min. or until tender-crisp; remove. 3. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil. Add chicken; stir fry     4 Min., return vegetables. 4. Stir broth mixture; add to skillet. Stirring constantly, bring to boil; boil 1 min., serves 4.

JERK CHICKEN  
1 onion sliced          
1 orange sliced 2 tbs oil                
1 tsp. jerk seasoning or 2 tsp. Jamaican marinade
2 lb. chicken parts                  
2-4 green onions                        

In large baking dish place 1/2 of onions in layer  fashion top with 1/2 the orange slices.  Add chicken.   In separate bowl mix remaining ingredients and pour  over chicken. Cook uncovered in pre-heated oven 425°  for 30 min.  Turn chicken over and add remaining onions  and oranges.  Return to oven for 30 min. Should be served with Slaw.

HEARTY BRUNSWICK STEW  
1 pound lean pork        
2 C. chopped tomatoes/juice
1 small chicken
3-4 diced potatoes
2 pounds hamburger      
Ketchup to taste
2 C. cooked corn        
Chili powder
1 C. lima beans        
 Salt/Pepper
2-3 diced carrots        
Ground red pepper
 2-3 onions, chopped      
Worcestershire sauce.

Boil chicken and pork until done and then grind both  chicken and pork; sauté ground beef then add all 3 to  vegetable mixture. Mix everything together in a large  pot and simmer, covered for 1-1 1/2 hours.

Sirgod

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2003, 09:09:39 am »
I don't really like artichoke Hearts, but the SHRIMP WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS & MUSHROOMS, sounds Pretty good Will.

I'll try and get some more recipes up this afternoon.

Stephen

TheShadow

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2003, 04:59:40 pm »
 Thanks Stephen, I was feeling a little alone in the recipe thread.  

Oh, and for those reading this, those recipes Ive put up arent ones Ive found on the internet. Theyre from my recipe box. Excuse the odd symbols in a few. I originally typed them on an old Brother word processor and saved them to floppy. I tried to clean them up, but I missed a few.

Toasty0

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2003, 05:19:41 pm »
I just wanted to thank "yous" who've taken the time to post your recipes. I will start inputing them into Recipe KIng this week.

Thanks again.

Best,
Jerry  

Strafer

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2003, 11:02:40 pm »
Mayonaise Cake

1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup baking flour
1 cup mayonaise
1 cup water (or milk for lighter colour)
3 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients. Pour in large greased shallow pan or angelcake (big donut shaped) mold. 40-45min @ 350F
Pan needs these caracteristics as cake is thick and moist. Outside will burn and middle will still be raw.

EDIT: oh yeah. Let cool 10 minutes or so before trying to remove from mold. It'll tear apart otherwise.

(and for those of you who balk at the mayo... would you prefer 2 raw eggs?.. )
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 11:10:29 pm by Strafer »

TheShadow

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2003, 11:32:52 am »
 Thanks Strafer.

The two main ingredients in Mayonaise are Raw Eggs (use the yolks and get Mayo with a yellow tint) and Vinegar. I should know, I make my own Mayo and Ketchup.

Edit: Use only egg whites and its almost fat free and white as snow. If ya'll want I'll post the recipes to Mayo and Ketchup later?

« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 11:35:49 am by TheShadow »

Toasty0

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2003, 12:12:09 pm »
Heck yeah! Post them as well when you have time.

Thanks a bunch all.

Best,
Jerry  

TheShadow

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2003, 02:50:46 am »
 Sorry about adding these so late, but here you go.  

Mayonaise
2 egg whites or 2 egg yolks or 1 whole egg
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. powdered mustard
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. vinegar
2 C. olive oil
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice

Put eggs and seasonings in a small deep bowl and beat with a mixer until thoroughly blended. Add vinegar very slowly beating constantly. Add 1 cup of oil, one drop at a time, until 1/4 cup has been added. Then add oil one tablespoon at a time alternating with a small amount of lemon juice beating constantly. Add the other cup of oil one tablespoon at a time until mixture reaches correct consistancy and is completely blended. Refrigerate without stirring. Makes about 2 cups.

Ketchup
1/2 bushel ripe tomatoes
1/3 C. salt
1 Tbsp. whole cloves (in a spice bag)
1 whole nutmeg grated, or 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 quart cider vinegar

Skin and press tomatoes through a seive or food mill to remove seeds. Bring tomatoes to a boil over low heat, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. Add salt, spices, and vinegar, stirring often to prevent scorching, until liquid is reduced by half. Remove spice bag. Can ketchup (while liquid is hot) as soon as possible, filling pint jars to with 1/2 inch from top. Makes about 3 quarts.

moofighters

Banana Cow
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2003, 09:38:27 pm »
Ingredients
1 oz Light Rum
1 oz Creme de Bananes
1 1/2 oz Cream
1 dash Grenadine
1 slice Banana
Nutmeg

Serverd in a Cocktail Glass  

moofighters

Or an Irish Curdling Cow
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2003, 09:41:04 pm »
Ingredients
3/4 oz Bailey's Irish Cream
3/4 oz Bourbon Whiskey
3/4 oz Vodka
2 - 3 oz Orange Juice

Served in a Highball Glass.  

Toasty0

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2003, 12:59:43 am »
Ok, Stephen, I got at least one of your recipes entered. You'll find it under the menu Taldrenites-->Sirgod-->Pizza Puff

RecipeKing_Sirgod_Pizza_Puff

Proof it and let me know if that's how you want it to remain.

Best,
Jerry  

Sirgod

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2003, 09:22:13 pm »
thanks ToasyO, I'll give it the Critical eye tomorrow sometime and get back with you on It..

Stephen

Kortez

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2003, 11:59:36 am »
I'm making a simple meal in commemoration of Hannukah, tonight.  Beef Wellington is the main course.

Toasty0

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2003, 12:05:51 pm »
Quote:

I'm making a simple meal in commemoration of Hannukah, tonight.  Beef Wellington is the main course.

Beef Wellinton is never simple. Enjoy though!  

Toasty0

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2003, 03:33:35 pm »
TheShadow,

I've entered one of your many recipes (thanks man) and thought you might want to rpoof it before I move on to other recipes.
 TheShadow_Recipe_Irish_Potato_Cake

Thanks and enjoy.

Best,
Jerry  

ChefAce

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2003, 10:32:41 am »
Here's an easy to make recipie for the kiddies.

Lil apple pies

Take about 4 - 5 Granny Smith apples, core and peel. Thinly slice apples.

1 pack of 3"x3" wonton wraps.

In a large skillet, over med high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.

Add sliced apples

then add about4 tablespoons sugar

2 teaspoons Nutmeg...yummy

Cinnamon to taste.

Let apples sautee till tender and they become caramelized.

Next take your wonton wraps and add about 1 tablespoon of the apple filling.

Place in a deep fryer, 350 degrees, till golden brown.

Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar while hot.

Wala, you're done.

Prep time 10 minutes.

Sirgod

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2003, 04:49:52 pm »
POOR MAN'S PEPPER STEAK

Feed's 1-3 people.

Take one pound of Pork Cutletes (Beef for a kosher meal)
In a lightly Greased frying pan, place the meat evenly over the Flame.

add about 1/4 to 1/4 cups of Soy Sauce.

Blanket the Meat with crushed Red Pepper.

When It starts to Brown on the Bottem, apply 1/2 to 3/4 cups of minced Garlic, apply more Soy sauce to taste, and again Blanket the Meat with Crushed red Pepper.

Continue turning the meat andUsigng the sauce around It untill meat is done.

Total cost about $5.00 here in OK.

Stephen

PS. Jerry I'll have to Download .net again for some reason. My PC has been acting up though , But I haven't forget your Proggy.

P.S.S. what your recipe for Beef Wellington Kortez?

Kortez

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2003, 06:42:38 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks.  It came out great.  The gravy I make takes the longest time, almost 6 hours from start to finish.

Dufour makes a great puff pastry in a package.

Sirgod

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2003, 04:47:28 pm »
Elephant Stew

1  Elephant                          Seasoned Brown Gavry
2 rabbits (optional)              Prep Time Approx. 3 months

Cut elephant into Bite-Sized pieces. This should take about 2 months. Cover with Brown Gravy and Cook over a Kerosine Fire at 450 Degrees for about 4 weeks. This will serve approx. 3800 people. If more is expected, Add 2 rabbits. Do this only if Necessary, as most people do not like to find Hare in there Stew.

Stephen

TheShadow

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2003, 12:47:51 am »
Quote:

TheShadow,

I've entered one of your many recipes (thanks man) and thought you might want to rpoof it before I move on to other recipes.

Thanks and enjoy.

Best,
Jerry  

The link didnt work. Got a page not found.    

drb

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2003, 07:18:36 pm »
I simply had no idea that there were others who accually venture out of the computer room for reasons other then having to go to a job or answering the door with money in hand to pay the delevery person, so here is a post that I stupidly put in the wrong form.

Quote:

Hoi Folks,

During the Storm Season 2 server sup would normally log on in the day only to find that the Do-Gooders out numbered those With-Out Good Intentions drasticly. This upset Fluf to no ends, and he told the few, who were there to listen, just how dire the situation was. Hearing the distress in his Fearless Leader's voice, sup though it important to distract Fluf from his troubles.

Now, I bake tea biscuits often. ( The StarFleet Widow mentioned to me, one day shortly after she moved in, that we were out of bread. I said, "No problem; I can make biscuits in time for supper" She loved them, and told me, " You can make those anytime you want!" We don't buy bread any more as she makes an awesome cornbread, and though, I use to make all sorts of sweetbreads, I find that I too, just want these biscuits; they go with everything, yes even FedFingers, or so I have heard from a friend of mine who is Kzin.) Simple pleasures are the best.

Understanding that Fluf has a sign duct taped to his front door instructing the "delivery guy" to just walk in and follow the path marked by duct tape on the floor to the computer room, sup thought that relating to Fluf, and, the few there to listen, the joys of fresh home baked goods would distract them from the fact we were once again out numbered.

Sadly, the results were not positive, "Great, now I'm hungry!", Fluf was heard to say. Another comment was, "Shut up! I have nothing in the house to eat, and either have to go to the store, or order delivery!"

Strange as it may seem, these comments only provoked the Sadist in sup to continue to wax poetic about the virtues of freshly baked breads and biscuits. The most torturing comment was about fresh, hot cornbread with molasses and butter.

Eventually, sup offered to post the recipe for the biscuits. Finally a positive remark was made. So here it is. Conversions from metric are provided in {} for friends in places that use the imperial system, as well as "single-guy proof" instructions in [ ]. Once you get the hang of it, the entire procedure takes only 25 minutes.

Tea Biscuits (sup's mother's recipe she used in her Home Economics class, slightly modified by sup over the years)

750 mL flour {3 cups} (sup uses half organic white unbleached and half organic whole wheat)
30 mL baking power {2 Tablespoons}
3 mL salt {half Teaspoon}
180 mL shortening { 0.75 cups} (non-hydrogenated margarine; low in trans fats)
330 mL milk {1.4 cups} (soybeverage)

220 degrees C
15 minutes
Yield 14 biscuits, if cut to dimensions described below in method

Method

1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C {425 degrees F}

2. Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl (sup drinks beer so he doesn't sift, just stirs; beer drinkers take note, trust sup on this, you will be rewarded)

3. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles corn meal, using two dinner knives. [This means taking a knife in each hand and making a scissor action through lumps of shortening in the dry mixture. Eventhough it seems like an endless task, I assure you if you do this prior to playing Star Fleet Command your hands will click the mouse buttons faster and fly faster and more accurately across the keyboard]

4. Make a well in the center add milk all at once.

5. Stir quickly with a fork.

6. Knead gently on a lightly floured counter top. [ wash and dry your kitchen counter before doing this, as well as clear away empty beer cans/ bottles, dirty dishes, pizza boxes, ...etc. If you use the dough for martial arts fundamental movements, the flour will glutenize; as tempting as it is, I know, don't do it]

7. Pat, or, using a rolling pin*, roll dough to about 2 cm {0.75 inches} thick. * Special note: KRolling please note [ ]'s for number 6, the part about not bashing the crap out of the dough.

8. Cut out biscuits with a floured cutter aprx. 7.5cm {3inches}. [ Do what sup does, flour the rim of a beer glass. A beer mug will not do due to the handle and thickness. Compensate for a lack of a hole in the base of the beer glass by tipping the edge of the glass as you cut the dough; it lets the air escape]

9. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. [If you do not own a baking sheet of any type: BEFORE preheating the oven wrap rack in the middle of the oven with aluminum foil, ensure it is smooth and taunt. Transfer unbaked, cut dough very quickly from a floured plate to the pulled out rack of a preheated oven, slide rack back in, close door; you may want to add a min. or two depending on how long it takes the little light to go out again after oven door is shut.]

10. Bake for 15 minutes. [This is the time when you clean up.]

11. When cool enough to eat; do so! Just for fun post your choice for best toppings!

Take care,

drb (aka. sup, mack)

The Starfleet Widow and I have many more. As time allows I'll post them as well as try some of yours. Cheers!
 drb    

Toasty0

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2004, 12:53:37 am »
Quote:

Quote:

TheShadow,

Thanks and enjoy.

Best,
Jerry  

Sorry to take so long in getting back to you Shadow.

This link should work.

Thanks.

Best,
Jerry  

Khalee

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2004, 08:41:12 am »
Since there are thoes who like to cook here, what Basic spices should one start out with.

Here is what I got on hand salt, pepper, onion salt. garlic pepper, lemon pepper,minced Garlic, seasoning.

What other spices should I get, but I dont like real spicy stuff, makes my ulser go nuts.

Sirgod

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2004, 09:33:48 am »
Those are pretty much a good standard to have on hand. Might try getting ahold of Some Itallian Seasonings, Basyl, thyme, Etc.

also If you like Cilantro, here's a little hint. Don't chop the Cilantro, instead Slice It very gently. For some reason, If you chop It, It will start to curl and change color very quickly.

Stephen

TheShadow

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2004, 02:44:45 pm »
 Oregano, chili powder, dry mustard are good. If you bake dont forget cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Paprika goes well with egg and tomato dishes.    

Khalee

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2004, 02:25:57 am »
Mannings Chilli I love it get it once in a while But how do you keep it from being so greasy, And what extra stuff do you put in. Im in a chilli kind of a mood.

TheShadow

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2004, 12:43:11 pm »
Quote:

Mannings Chilli I love it get it once in a while But how do you keep it from being so greasy, And what extra stuff do you put in. Im in a chilli kind of a mood.  

You want it to have some grease. To reduce the grease content, drain the meat before you add anything else. Remember, dont drain the drippings, thats actually where the flavor is. Remove the browned meat from the pot or saucepan. Tilt the pan slightly, the stuff that settles under the grease is the drippings. Drain off the grease leaving the drippings and some grease. Add you meat back to the pot and continue with your favorite chili recipe.    

Spirit

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2004, 01:19:35 pm »
Quote:

Elephant Stew

Cut elephant into Bite-Sized pieces. This should take about 2 months. Cover with Brown Gravy and Cook over a Kerosine Fire at 450 Degrees for about 4 weeks. This will serve approx. 3800 people. If more is expected, Add 2 rabbits. Do this only if Necessary, as most people do not like to find Hare in there Stew.

Stephen  

-Spirit  

Khalee

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2004, 08:44:54 pm »
Need a good Pizza dough recipe I have a old cook book of my mothers like from the 50's has all kinds of recipes in it but no pizza dough Guess Pizza wasnt too popular yet back then.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Khalee »

Sirgod

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2004, 09:14:38 pm »
I'll be honest with You Kahlee, Pilsbury makes a great Pre-made Pizza Dough, It's in the Section with there Canned Biscuits. Otherwise, I'll have to waiit until Morning to Pester Denise about One, as She's the one that does stuff like that from scratch.

But try that Canned Pizza Dough, It's easy to work with, alot less mess, and Is Yummy also.

Stephen

Khalee

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2004, 09:18:41 pm »
But its not as good as home made dough.

Sirgod

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2004, 09:20:21 pm »
that is true. I'll see what Denise has in the morning, and I'll get her to give Me the recipe. I hope you can wait untill then Bro.

Stephen

Khalee

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2004, 08:29:47 am »
Spice Question How long do they nomaly last before they go bad, and or lose their flavor. Im talking about the one you buy in the store.  Some of the ones I listed I have had for a while as they were my mothers, and she had them for a while as well. Just didnt cook a whole lot with spices before, we would use them a time or two then forget about them. I suppose I should err on the safe side and throw them away.  

Sirgod

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2004, 10:27:59 am »
As too the spices... It really depends on the Spice itself actually, I know for Thansgiving last year, I used some Sage, that must have been around 20 years old, But was kept up and out of the light. It turned out ok, But I'm not sue about the Half-Life of other Spices.  

i asked my wife about her pizza dough, and she says she just uses Flour, Yeast, and water in her Bread machine. I've known her to also substitute wheat Flour, and that's pretty good also. She was in kind of a rush this morning , Have another Family Member who's having Emergancy Gall Bladder surgery this morning, so I didn't get the measurements.

The good news Is , I might get to watch my Nephew and Niece today. They Love me because I taught them how to hunt Snipe.

stephen

Khalee

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2004, 11:05:53 am »
I had Gall stones at one time very painfull so I hope the surgery goes ok.

HM the bread Machine way  Had one till it broke Did not really get the new wore off it havent gotten one sence then. guess Ill go with the Packaged dough mix.  Oh well least you asked.

Sirgod

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2004, 10:21:59 am »
I wonder where this little gem of a thread has been Hiding.  

Stephen

Khalee

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2004, 11:33:29 pm »
So the traditional all American meal is what?.  

Khalee

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2004, 05:20:05 pm »
Lamb chops vrs pork chops which is better, I have only ever eaten prokchops, so i really dont know anything about lamb.

Sirgod

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2004, 05:23:25 pm »
Well, I happen to like both pretty well, However my wife doesn't care for Lamb.

also Pork chops are alot cheaper then lamb... But If I had to choose, It would be Lamb Chops IMHO.

stephen

Capt. Mike

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2004, 07:58:18 pm »
For those who'd like a little British influence:  http://www.britannia.com/cooking/recipes/steakkidneypie.html

The Steak and mushroom pie at the Trigger Pond (Oxfordshire) was good...also the Hook Norton bitter...but stay away from the Olde Farmer Brown..it makes vowels optional.

Mike

Sirgod

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2003, 01:38:49 pm »
I was just wondering how the Soup turned out. Don't worry If you didn't like It, But I would like to know If It was ok. I forgot also to mention that abit ofGarlic wouldn't hurt It.

stephen

Dallas

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2003, 07:56:24 pm »
Hey bud,
I totally screwed it up.  

JMM

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2003, 09:55:51 pm »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2003, 10:19:46 pm »

Dallas

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2003, 10:57:14 pm »
Quote:

TheShadow

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2003, 11:01:50 pm »

Toasty0

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2003, 12:06:42 am »
Quote:

Quote:

cough? Collection?

Toasty0

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2003, 12:07:59 am »
Quote:

TheShadow

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2003, 12:39:07 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Ah, but we need one where everyone can contribute Toasty. I'll have to try your chili recipe though. I have a weakness for chili.      

Toasty0

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2003, 12:42:08 am »

TheShadow

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2003, 12:50:29 am »
Quote:

Creme de la Lyran? Klingon Bloodworm Suprise? Braised Romulan in Lemon Pepper Sauce?

Mmmmm Mmmm Good!    

TheShadow

« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2003, 12:57:11 am »

Toasty0

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2003, 01:04:59 am »
I don't see why not.  

TheShadow

« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2003, 01:06:39 am »

Sirgod

« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2003, 08:46:51 am »

10 lbs of Potatoes, One or two Large onions, Swiss Cheese, 1-2 cans of Milnot 9depending on how creamy you want It).

Basicly I boil the Potatoes and onion, a bit of Garlic doesn't hurt. When they Get to the Texture I like, I drain most of the water off, an add the Milnot. When It starts to boil, I back ogg the heat, and add abit of swiss cheese.

I might have forgotten something though when I first gave you recipe Dallas, I was too busy looking at those pics you sent me.  

Stephen

Sirgod

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2003, 10:02:58 am »

Pizza Puff.

Olive oil

2. About 1/2 inward from the edges, spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of sauce onto the pastry sheet. Thinly spread the sauce so that it covers and area about 2 inches.
6. Fill the entire pastry sheet with piles of stuff leaving about 1/2 inch of space between piles.
7. Lay the top pastry sheet over that, pressing out any air pockets with your fingertips and pinch around the edges to seal.
10. Cut out eaach pastry with a blunt edge, such as a spatula or top edge of a knife.

Stephen

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2003, 04:56:38 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2003, 05:34:25 pm »
Quote:

Fruitcake  

ROFLMAO.

Stephen

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2003, 05:52:51 pm »
Quote:

ROFLMAO.

Stephen  

Sirgod

« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2003, 05:57:49 pm »
I know man, It was just personally Funny to me, Actualy My Aunts Cakes are quite good, and I usualyy try and order at least 3 from her every year. One for ourselves, One for the In-Laws. and one for a nieghbor.

Stephen

WaterTiger

« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2003, 06:09:21 pm »
Here are some tasty ...... ummmmmmmm..... universal recipies from the Knights of Hegemony.

WaterTiger

Dallas

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2003, 10:48:57 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

cough? Collection?

TheShadow

« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2003, 10:52:25 pm »
 In case none of you can tell, I like sweets. Not candy, cakes & pies. So here goes.

DRIED APPLE STACK CAKE

2 Tbsp. molasses  
1/2 C. butter/shortening
1 egg  
1/2 Tsp. vanilla
1/4 C. buttermilk
3 C. flour
1/2 Tsp. soda
1/4 Tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tsp. baking powder  
1/2 Tsp. cinnamon
1/4 Tsp. nutmeg  

Cream butter and sugar, add molasses, vanilla and egg, blend  well. A mixer may be used to this point. The rest should be  done by hand because you will end up with a dough, not a batter.  Combine dry ingredients. Add alternately with buttermilk to  the creamed mixture. Mix well. This will be thicker than a  biscuit dough.  Divide dough into six balls. Pat each ball into a prepared 9  inch layer cake pan. Bake at 375º for 10-12 minutes. Cool  slightly before removing from pan. Put apple filling between  layers.

APPLE FILLING

1 pound dried apples
1 1/2 C. sugar  
3/4 C. brown sugar
1/2 Tsp. nutmeg  
1/2 Tsp. Cloves
2 Tsp. cinnamon  

Place apples in saucepan and barely cover with water. Simmer  until tender. Remove from heat and mash. Add sugar and spices  and stir to dissolve sugar. Heat slightly if necessary.  Divide into six equal parts. Put between layers of Stack Cake,  ending with apple filling on top. This cake is best if made  two or three days before serving.    

IRISH POTATO CAKE

2 C. sugar  
2 C. flour  
1/4 C. cocoa  
1/2 C. milk                    
1 C. creamed potatoes  
1 C. raisins  
1 C. pecans  

Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Cream potatoes  and shortening together, add milk and mix well. Gradually  incorporate dry ingredients into potato mixture. Add vanilla  and beat for 2 minutes. Fold in raisins and pecans. Divide into  2 prepared 9 inch layer cake pans. Bake in hot oven 425º, until  cake springs back when touched. Top with your favorite chocolate  icing.      

DARK FRUIT CAKE  

1 Dozen eggs   Reserve
1 C. flour.

Combine all fruits and nuts, except pineapple    rings and a handful of nuts for garnish, into a large bowl,  sift reserved flour over mixture and stir, coating well. Set  aside.  In a very large bowl cream butter and brown sugar.  Add jellies,  molasses and juice, mixing well. Sift together flour and spices,  gradually incorporate into liquid alternately with eggs. Mix  in soda water. Fold in fruit and nut mixture. Turn into specially  prepared pans   grease pans with shortening, line with brown  paper, then grease again. Place pineapple rings and nuts or  cherries in bottom of pan in a decorative fashion  gently,  filling half full. Tap pans to remove air bubbles. Bake at 250º- 300º for 4 hours. Tube pans may be used or you may want to bake  in loaf pans to give as gifts during the Holidays.  These cake may be made ahead as much as a month and soaked in  rum or pineapple juice

MOLASSES CAKE  

1/2 C. butter            
1/2 Tsp. soda  
1 C. sugar  
1/2 Tsp. cinnamon  
1 egg  
1/2 Tsp. nutmeg  
1 C. sifted flour  
3/4 C. buttermilk  
1/2 Tsp. salt  
1/2 C. molasses  
1 Tsp. baking powder  

Cream butter and sugar together, add molasses and buttermilk.  Mix well, add egg. Sift dry ingredients together and gradually  add to liquid mixture. Pour into a prepared 8 inch square cake  pan. Bake at 325º for 45 minutes.  Mix 1/4 C. hot water and 1/2 C sugar and pour over cake. This  makes the cake moist.

RED VELVET CAKE  
2 eggs  
1/2 Tsp. salt  
2 C. sugar  
1 1/2 Tsp. soda  
1 C. butter  
1 Tsp. vanilla  
1 C. buttermilk  
1 Tbs. cocoa  
2 1/2 C. cake flour  
1 Tbs. vinegar  
2 oz. red cake coloring  

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Make  a paste of vinegar ,  and cocoa and add to mixture. Sift salt  and soda with flour, add to mixture alternately with buttermilk.  Blend well.  Beat in vanilla and cake coloring.  Pour into prepared  cake pans and bake at 350º for 30 minutes.  

FILLING  
1 C. milk  
2 Tsp. flour  
1 C. butter  
1 Tsp. vanilla  
1 C. sugar  
1 C. chopped nuts  
1 can flake coconut  

Cook milk and flour on low heat until thick. Set aside and allow  to cool completely. Cream sugar and butter; add flour mixture.  Beat until mixture looks like whipped cream. Add chopped nuts,  coconut flakes and vanilla. Blend well and spread on layers.

More to come....  

TheShadow

« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2003, 11:09:44 pm »

TheShadow

« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2003, 11:47:05 pm »

STRIPE IT RICH CAKE
1 Pkg. cake mix
1 C. powdered sugar
4 C. cold milk  

1. Prepare cake mix as directed on pkg., baking in 13x9" pan.  2.Remove from oven. Poke holes at once down through the cake to the pan with round handle of wooden spoon at 1" intervals. 3. Next, combine pudding mix with sugar in large bowl. Gradually stir in milk. Then beat at low speed of electric mixer for not more than 1 minute. Do not over beat. 4. Quickly, before pudding thickens, pour about 1 of the thin mixture evenly over warm cake and into holes to make the stripes. 5. Allow the remaining pudding to thicken slightly;then spoon over the top, swirling it to frost the cake. Chill at least 1 hour. Store cake in the refrigerator.

CARROT GINGER MUFFINS
Pam
1 C. low-fat buttermilk 1 tsp. baking powder{ C. corn syrup 1 C.brown sugar{ C. walnuts 1 C. raisins3 C. grated carrots 1 tbs. fresh gingers
4 lg. egg whites
2 tbs. vegetable oil
1 C. water
3C. oat bran

Preheat oven to 400°. Spray 16 muffins tins with Pam. Combine baking powder with buttermilk, add corn syrup, brown sugar, walnuts, raisins, carrots, ginger, egg whites, oil and water. Stir well. Gently fold in the oat bran, a little at a time. Mix until just moistened. Divide among 16 muffin tins. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes until lightly brown and firm to the touch. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, remove from,pan. Muffins may be stored chilled for 3 weeks, or frozen forU3 months. Reheat in microwave for 30 seconds or oven at 350°Ufor 10 minutes.

1 tbs. safflower oil
2 C. sliced mushrooms, s
alt & pepper to taste
3/4 oz. boletus dried
1 C. sliced scallions
3/4 C. dry white wine
2 tbs. minced mint
1 tsp. crushed rosemary  
9 oz. artichoke hearts

Heat oils in lg. skillet, add fresh mushrooms, salt  and pepper. Cook on high until mushrooms start to brown.  Drain dried mushrooms, reserving 2 tbs. liquid. Add  dried mushrooms & liquid, garlic, scallions, wine, mint,  and rosemary to the cooked mushrooms. Cover and cook  over med. heat for 10 min. Blanch artichoke hearts in  boiling water. drain when water returns to boil and  add to mixture in skillet. Cover and cook about 10  minutes over low to med. heat. Taste for salt. Add  shrimp, turn up heat, and cook until they turn pink.  Do not overcook. Remove shells from shrimp before serving.

TERIAKI BEEF STIR FRY
3 tbs. teriyaki sauce
2 tbs. vegetable oil
2 tbs. cornstarch  

Mix together until well blended, add beef stirring to coat well. Place in refrigerator for 4 hours. Remove, and drain saving liquid. In large skillet or wok that has been sprayed with Pam, Stir fry at high heat until slightly brown.
6 onions sliced thinly
marinade liquid  

Continue stir frying until vegetables cooked lightly, and sauce thickens. Serve hot with rice.

SAVORY BEEF SUPPER  
1cups cubed raw potato
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Dash pepper

In sauce pan, combine ingredients except onions.  Cover and cook till potato is tender, about 20-25  minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions; heat  through.  

BUTTER NUT CAKE  
1 C. shortening          
2 C. sugar
4 eggs
1 C. cake flour
1 C. self-rising flour
1 C. evaporated milk

Combine all ingredients as usual for cake. Pour batter into prepared tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Let set 10 minutes before removing from pan.

CHEESE BAKED CHICKEN  
2 small chicken breast      
1 tbs butter, melted
2 tbs butter

Dip chicken in 1 tbs butter melted, then in parmesan  cheese. melt remaining butter in shallow pie plate.  Place chicken skin side up in pie plate. Bake in hot oven 400° about 50 minutes basting with  pan juices twice. Cover with tin foil during last  15 minutes to prevent over browning.

CRISSCROSS POTATOES
1 large baking potato    
1 tbs butter, melted
Salt
Paprika

Scrub potato; cut in half lengthwise. Make diagonal  slashes about 1/8 inch deep in cut surface of potato,  forming crisscross pattern. Brush surface with butter;  season with salt. Place in shallow pan or on foil. Bake  in hot oven (400°) for 40 minutes. sprinkle potato with  paprika then bake 10 minutes more till done.  Use with Cinnamon Peach Crisp for complete meal.

Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chicken in an 11"x7"  baking dish. Add sauce, stirring to coat chicken evenly.  Cover tightly and bake 35-40 minutes or until chicken  is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken from oven and  immediately add rice to casserole; stir to mix well.  Cover tightly and let stand 5 minutes or until rice  is tender. Serves 4 to 6.    

CHICKEN STIR FRY
1 C. chicken broth      
1 Tbs. soy sauce        
1 Tbs. corn starch      
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ginger          

1. In bowl stir first 5 ingredients; set aside. 2. In skillet heat 1 tbs. oil over medium high heat. Add vegetables and garlic; stir fry 3 min. or until tender-crisp; remove. 3. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil. Add chicken; stir fry     4 Min., return vegetables. 4. Stir broth mixture; add to skillet. Stirring constantly, bring to boil; boil 1 min., serves 4.

JERK CHICKEN  
1 onion sliced          
2 lb. chicken parts                  
2-4 green onions                        

In large baking dish place 1/2 of onions in layer  fashion top with 1/2 the orange slices.  Add chicken.   In separate bowl mix remaining ingredients and pour  over chicken. Cook uncovered in pre-heated oven 425°  for 30 min.  Turn chicken over and add remaining onions  and oranges.  Return to oven for 30 min. Should be served with Slaw.

HEARTY BRUNSWICK STEW  
1 pound lean pork        
1 small chicken
3-4 diced potatoes
2 pounds hamburger      
Ketchup to taste
2 C. cooked corn        
Chili powder
1 C. lima beans        
 Salt/Pepper
2-3 diced carrots        
Ground red pepper
 2-3 onions, chopped      
Worcestershire sauce.

Boil chicken and pork until done and then grind both  chicken and pork; sauté ground beef then add all 3 to  vegetable mixture. Mix everything together in a large  pot and simmer, covered for 1-1 1/2 hours.

Sirgod

« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2003, 09:09:39 am »
I don't really like artichoke Hearts, but the SHRIMP WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS & MUSHROOMS, sounds Pretty good Will.

Stephen

TheShadow

« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2003, 04:59:40 pm »

Oh, and for those reading this, those recipes Ive put up arent ones Ive found on the internet. Theyre from my recipe box. Excuse the odd symbols in a few. I originally typed them on an old Brother word processor and saved them to floppy. I tried to clean them up, but I missed a few.

Toasty0

« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2003, 05:19:41 pm »
I just wanted to thank "yous" who've taken the time to post your recipes. I will start inputing them into Recipe KIng this week.

Thanks again.

Best,
Jerry  

Strafer

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2003, 11:02:40 pm »
Mayonaise Cake

1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup baking flour
1 cup mayonaise
3 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients. Pour in large greased shallow pan or angelcake (big donut shaped) mold. 40-45min @ 350F
Pan needs these caracteristics as cake is thick and moist. Outside will burn and middle will still be raw.

EDIT: oh yeah. Let cool 10 minutes or so before trying to remove from mold. It'll tear apart otherwise.

TheShadow

« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2003, 11:32:52 am »
 Thanks Strafer.

The two main ingredients in Mayonaise are Raw Eggs (use the yolks and get Mayo with a yellow tint) and Vinegar. I should know, I make my own Mayo and Ketchup.

Edit: Use only egg whites and its almost fat free and white as snow. If ya'll want I'll post the recipes to Mayo and Ketchup later?

Toasty0

« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2003, 12:12:09 pm »

Thanks a bunch all.

Best,
Jerry  

TheShadow

« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2003, 02:50:46 am »

Mayonaise
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. powdered mustard
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. vinegar
2 C. olive oil

Put eggs and seasonings in a small deep bowl and beat with a mixer until thoroughly blended. Add vinegar very slowly beating constantly. Add 1 cup of oil, one drop at a time, until 1/4 cup has been added. Then add oil one tablespoon at a time alternating with a small amount of lemon juice beating constantly. Add the other cup of oil one tablespoon at a time until mixture reaches correct consistancy and is completely blended. Refrigerate without stirring. Makes about 2 cups.

Ketchup
1/2 bushel ripe tomatoes
1/3 C. salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 quart cider vinegar

Skin and press tomatoes through a seive or food mill to remove seeds. Bring tomatoes to a boil over low heat, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. Add salt, spices, and vinegar, stirring often to prevent scorching, until liquid is reduced by half. Remove spice bag. Can ketchup (while liquid is hot) as soon as possible, filling pint jars to with 1/2 inch from top. Makes about 3 quarts.

moofighters

Banana Cow
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2003, 09:38:27 pm »
Ingredients
1 oz Light Rum
1 oz Creme de Bananes
1 1/2 oz Cream
1 dash Grenadine
1 slice Banana
Nutmeg

moofighters

Or an Irish Curdling Cow
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2003, 09:41:04 pm »
Ingredients
3/4 oz Bourbon Whiskey
3/4 oz Vodka
2 - 3 oz Orange Juice

Toasty0

« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2003, 12:59:43 am »
Ok, Stephen, I got at least one of your recipes entered. You'll find it under the menu Taldrenites-->Sirgod-->Pizza Puff

Best,
Jerry  

Sirgod

« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2003, 09:22:13 pm »
thanks ToasyO, I'll give it the Critical eye tomorrow sometime and get back with you on It..

Stephen

Kortez

« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2003, 11:59:36 am »

Toasty0

« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2003, 12:05:51 pm »
Quote:

Toasty0

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2003, 03:33:35 pm »
TheShadow,

Thanks and enjoy.

Best,
Jerry  

ChefAce

« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2003, 10:32:41 am »

Lil apple pies

Add sliced apples

Cinnamon to taste.

Wala, you're done.

Prep time 10 minutes.

Sirgod

« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2003, 04:49:52 pm »
POOR MAN'S PEPPER STEAK

Feed's 1-3 people.

When It starts to Brown on the Bottem, apply 1/2 to 3/4 cups of minced Garlic, apply more Soy sauce to taste, and again Blanket the Meat with Crushed red Pepper.

Stephen

PS. Jerry I'll have to Download .net again for some reason. My PC has been acting up though , But I haven't forget your Proggy.

Kortez

« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2003, 06:42:38 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks.  It came out great.  The gravy I make takes the longest time, almost 6 hours from start to finish.

Sirgod

« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2003, 04:47:28 pm »
Elephant Stew

Stephen

TheShadow

« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2003, 12:47:51 am »
Quote:

TheShadow,

Thanks and enjoy.

Best,
Jerry  

drb

« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2003, 07:18:36 pm »
I simply had no idea that there were others who accually venture out of the computer room for reasons other then having to go to a job or answering the door with money in hand to pay the delevery person, so here is a post that I stupidly put in the wrong form.

Quote:

Hoi Folks,

During the Storm Season 2 server sup would normally log on in the day only to find that the Do-Gooders out numbered those With-Out Good Intentions drasticly. This upset Fluf to no ends, and he told the few, who were there to listen, just how dire the situation was. Hearing the distress in his Fearless Leader's voice, sup though it important to distract Fluf from his troubles.

Now, I bake tea biscuits often. ( The StarFleet Widow mentioned to me, one day shortly after she moved in, that we were out of bread. I said, "No problem; I can make biscuits in time for supper" She loved them, and told me, " You can make those anytime you want!" We don't buy bread any more as she makes an awesome cornbread, and though, I use to make all sorts of sweetbreads, I find that I too, just want these biscuits; they go with everything, yes even FedFingers, or so I have heard from a friend of mine who is Kzin.) Simple pleasures are the best.

Understanding that Fluf has a sign duct taped to his front door instructing the "delivery guy" to just walk in and follow the path marked by duct tape on the floor to the computer room, sup thought that relating to Fluf, and, the few there to listen, the joys of fresh home baked goods would distract them from the fact we were once again out numbered.

Sadly, the results were not positive, "Great, now I'm hungry!", Fluf was heard to say. Another comment was, "Shut up! I have nothing in the house to eat, and either have to go to the store, or order delivery!"

Strange as it may seem, these comments only provoked the Sadist in sup to continue to wax poetic about the virtues of freshly baked breads and biscuits. The most torturing comment was about fresh, hot cornbread with molasses and butter.

Eventually, sup offered to post the recipe for the biscuits. Finally a positive remark was made. So here it is. Conversions from metric are provided in {} for friends in places that use the imperial system, as well as "single-guy proof" instructions in [ ]. Once you get the hang of it, the entire procedure takes only 25 minutes.

Tea Biscuits (sup's mother's recipe she used in her Home Economics class, slightly modified by sup over the years)

750 mL flour {3 cups} (sup uses half organic white unbleached and half organic whole wheat)

220 degrees C
15 minutes

Method

2. Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl (sup drinks beer so he doesn't sift, just stirs; beer drinkers take note, trust sup on this, you will be rewarded)

3. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles corn meal, using two dinner knives. [This means taking a knife in each hand and making a scissor action through lumps of shortening in the dry mixture. Eventhough it seems like an endless task, I assure you if you do this prior to playing Star Fleet Command your hands will click the mouse buttons faster and fly faster and more accurately across the keyboard]

6. Knead gently on a lightly floured counter top. [ wash and dry your kitchen counter before doing this, as well as clear away empty beer cans/ bottles, dirty dishes, pizza boxes, ...etc. If you use the dough for martial arts fundamental movements, the flour will glutenize; as tempting as it is, I know, don't do it]

7. Pat, or, using a rolling pin*, roll dough to about 2 cm {0.75 inches} thick. * Special note: KRolling please note [ ]'s for number 6, the part about not bashing the crap out of the dough.

8. Cut out biscuits with a floured cutter aprx. 7.5cm {3inches}. [ Do what sup does, flour the rim of a beer glass. A beer mug will not do due to the handle and thickness. Compensate for a lack of a hole in the base of the beer glass by tipping the edge of the glass as you cut the dough; it lets the air escape]

9. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. [If you do not own a baking sheet of any type: BEFORE preheating the oven wrap rack in the middle of the oven with aluminum foil, ensure it is smooth and taunt. Transfer unbaked, cut dough very quickly from a floured plate to the pulled out rack of a preheated oven, slide rack back in, close door; you may want to add a min. or two depending on how long it takes the little light to go out again after oven door is shut.]

11. When cool enough to eat; do so! Just for fun post your choice for best toppings!

Take care,

drb (aka. sup, mack)

The Starfleet Widow and I have many more. As time allows I'll post them as well as try some of yours. Cheers!
 drb    

Toasty0

« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2004, 12:53:37 am »
Quote:

Quote:

TheShadow,

Thanks and enjoy.

Best,
Jerry  

This link should work.

Thanks.

Best,
Jerry  

Khalee

« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2004, 08:41:12 am »
Since there are thoes who like to cook here, what Basic spices should one start out with.

Here is what I got on hand salt, pepper, onion salt. garlic pepper, lemon pepper,minced Garlic, seasoning.

What other spices should I get, but I dont like real spicy stuff, makes my ulser go nuts.

Sirgod

« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2004, 09:33:48 am »
Those are pretty much a good standard to have on hand. Might try getting ahold of Some Itallian Seasonings, Basyl, thyme, Etc.

also If you like Cilantro, here's a little hint. Don't chop the Cilantro, instead Slice It very gently. For some reason, If you chop It, It will start to curl and change color very quickly.

Stephen

TheShadow

« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2004, 02:44:45 pm »
 Oregano, chili powder, dry mustard are good. If you bake dont forget cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Paprika goes well with egg and tomato dishes.    

Khalee

« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2004, 02:25:57 am »

TheShadow

« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2004, 12:43:11 pm »
Quote:

You want it to have some grease. To reduce the grease content, drain the meat before you add anything else. Remember, dont drain the drippings, thats actually where the flavor is. Remove the browned meat from the pot or saucepan. Tilt the pan slightly, the stuff that settles under the grease is the drippings. Drain off the grease leaving the drippings and some grease. Add you meat back to the pot and continue with your favorite chili recipe.    

Spirit

« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2004, 01:19:35 pm »
Quote:

Elephant Stew

Stephen  

-Spirit  

Khalee

« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2004, 08:44:54 pm »
Need a good Pizza dough recipe I have a old cook book of my mothers like from the 50's has all kinds of recipes in it but no pizza dough Guess Pizza wasnt too popular yet back then.

Sirgod

« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2004, 09:14:38 pm »
I'll be honest with You Kahlee, Pilsbury makes a great Pre-made Pizza Dough, It's in the Section with there Canned Biscuits. Otherwise, I'll have to waiit until Morning to Pester Denise about One, as She's the one that does stuff like that from scratch.

But try that Canned Pizza Dough, It's easy to work with, alot less mess, and Is Yummy also.

Stephen

Khalee

« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2004, 09:18:41 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2004, 09:20:21 pm »
that is true. I'll see what Denise has in the morning, and I'll get her to give Me the recipe. I hope you can wait untill then Bro.

Stephen

Khalee

« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2004, 08:29:47 am »
Spice Question How long do they nomaly last before they go bad, and or lose their flavor. Im talking about the one you buy in the store.  Some of the ones I listed I have had for a while as they were my mothers, and she had them for a while as well. Just didnt cook a whole lot with spices before, we would use them a time or two then forget about them. I suppose I should err on the safe side and throw them away.  

Sirgod

« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2004, 10:27:59 am »
As too the spices... It really depends on the Spice itself actually, I know for Thansgiving last year, I used some Sage, that must have been around 20 years old, But was kept up and out of the light. It turned out ok, But I'm not sue about the Half-Life of other Spices.  

i asked my wife about her pizza dough, and she says she just uses Flour, Yeast, and water in her Bread machine. I've known her to also substitute wheat Flour, and that's pretty good also. She was in kind of a rush this morning , Have another Family Member who's having Emergancy Gall Bladder surgery this morning, so I didn't get the measurements.

The good news Is , I might get to watch my Nephew and Niece today. They Love me because I taught them how to hunt Snipe.

stephen

Khalee

« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2004, 11:05:53 am »

HM the bread Machine way  Had one till it broke Did not really get the new wore off it havent gotten one sence then. guess Ill go with the Packaged dough mix.  Oh well least you asked.

Sirgod

« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2004, 10:21:59 am »

Stephen

Khalee

« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2004, 11:33:29 pm »

Khalee

« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2004, 05:20:05 pm »
Lamb chops vrs pork chops which is better, I have only ever eaten prokchops, so i really dont know anything about lamb.

Sirgod

« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2004, 05:23:25 pm »

also Pork chops are alot cheaper then lamb... But If I had to choose, It would be Lamb Chops IMHO.

stephen

Capt. Mike

« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2004, 07:58:18 pm »
For those who'd like a little British influence:  http://www.britannia.com/cooking/recipes/steakkidneypie.html

The Steak and mushroom pie at the Trigger Pond (Oxfordshire) was good...also the Hook Norton bitter...but stay away from the Olde Farmer Brown..it makes vowels optional.

Mike

Sirgod

« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2003, 01:38:49 pm »

stephen

Dallas

« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2003, 07:56:24 pm »
Hey bud,
I totally screwed it up.  

JMM

« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2003, 09:55:51 pm »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2003, 10:19:46 pm »

Dallas

« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2003, 10:57:14 pm »
Quote:

TheShadow

« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2003, 11:01:50 pm »

Toasty0

« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2003, 12:06:42 am »
Quote:

Quote:

cough? Collection?

Toasty0

« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2003, 12:07:59 am »
Quote:

TheShadow

« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2003, 12:39:07 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Toasty0

« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2003, 12:42:08 am »

TheShadow

« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2003, 12:50:29 am »
Quote:

Mmmmm Mmmm Good!    

TheShadow

« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2003, 12:57:11 am »

Toasty0

« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2003, 01:04:59 am »
I don't see why not.  

TheShadow

« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2003, 01:06:39 am »

Sirgod

« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2003, 08:46:51 am »

Stephen

Sirgod

« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2003, 10:02:58 am »

Pizza Puff.

Olive oil

Stephen

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2003, 04:56:38 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2003, 05:34:25 pm »
Quote:

Fruitcake  

ROFLMAO.

Stephen

IKV Nemesis D7L

« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2003, 05:52:51 pm »
Quote:

ROFLMAO.

Stephen  

Sirgod

« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2003, 05:57:49 pm »

Stephen

WaterTiger

« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2003, 06:09:21 pm »

WaterTiger

Dallas

« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2003, 10:48:57 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

cough? Collection?

TheShadow

« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2003, 10:52:25 pm »

DRIED APPLE STACK CAKE

2 Tbsp. molasses  
1/2 C. butter/shortening
1 egg  
1/2 Tsp. vanilla
1/4 C. buttermilk
3 C. flour
1/2 Tsp. soda
1/4 Tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tsp. baking powder  
1/2 Tsp. cinnamon
1/4 Tsp. nutmeg  

APPLE FILLING

1 pound dried apples
1 1/2 C. sugar  
3/4 C. brown sugar
1/2 Tsp. nutmeg  
1/2 Tsp. Cloves
2 Tsp. cinnamon  

IRISH POTATO CAKE

2 C. sugar  
2 C. flour  
1/4 C. cocoa  
1/2 C. milk                    
1 C. creamed potatoes  
1 C. raisins  
1 C. pecans  

DARK FRUIT CAKE  

1 Dozen eggs   Reserve
1 C. flour.

MOLASSES CAKE  

1/2 C. butter            
1/2 Tsp. soda  
1 C. sugar  
1/2 Tsp. cinnamon  
1 egg  
1/2 Tsp. nutmeg  
1 C. sifted flour  
3/4 C. buttermilk  
1/2 Tsp. salt  
1/2 C. molasses  
1 Tsp. baking powder  

RED VELVET CAKE  
2 eggs  
1/2 Tsp. salt  
2 C. sugar  
1 1/2 Tsp. soda  
1 C. butter  
1 Tsp. vanilla  
1 C. buttermilk  
1 Tbs. cocoa  
2 1/2 C. cake flour  
1 Tbs. vinegar  
2 oz. red cake coloring  

FILLING  
1 C. milk  
2 Tsp. flour  
1 C. butter  
1 Tsp. vanilla  
1 C. sugar  
1 C. chopped nuts  
1 can flake coconut  

More to come....  

TheShadow

« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2003, 11:09:44 pm »

TheShadow

« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2003, 11:47:05 pm »

STRIPE IT RICH CAKE
1 Pkg. cake mix
1 C. powdered sugar
4 C. cold milk  

CARROT GINGER MUFFINS
Pam
4 lg. egg whites
2 tbs. vegetable oil
1 C. water
3C. oat bran

1 tbs. safflower oil
2 C. sliced mushrooms, s
alt & pepper to taste
3/4 oz. boletus dried
1 C. sliced scallions
3/4 C. dry white wine
2 tbs. minced mint
1 tsp. crushed rosemary  
9 oz. artichoke hearts

TERIAKI BEEF STIR FRY
3 tbs. teriyaki sauce
2 tbs. vegetable oil
2 tbs. cornstarch  

6 onions sliced thinly
marinade liquid  

SAVORY BEEF SUPPER  
1cups cubed raw potato
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Dash pepper

BUTTER NUT CAKE  
1 C. shortening          
2 C. sugar
4 eggs
1 C. cake flour
1 C. self-rising flour
1 C. evaporated milk

CHEESE BAKED CHICKEN  
2 small chicken breast      
1 tbs butter, melted
2 tbs butter

CRISSCROSS POTATOES
1 large baking potato    
1 tbs butter, melted
Salt
Paprika

CHICKEN STIR FRY
1 C. chicken broth      
1 Tbs. soy sauce        
1 Tbs. corn starch      
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ginger          

JERK CHICKEN  
1 onion sliced          
2 lb. chicken parts                  
2-4 green onions                        

HEARTY BRUNSWICK STEW  
1 pound lean pork        
1 small chicken
3-4 diced potatoes
2 pounds hamburger      
Ketchup to taste
2 C. cooked corn        
Chili powder
1 C. lima beans        
 Salt/Pepper
2-3 diced carrots        
Ground red pepper
 2-3 onions, chopped      
Worcestershire sauce.

Sirgod

« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2003, 09:09:39 am »

Stephen

TheShadow

« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2003, 04:59:40 pm »

Toasty0

« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2003, 05:19:41 pm »

Thanks again.

Best,
Jerry  

Strafer

« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2003, 11:02:40 pm »
Mayonaise Cake

1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup baking flour
1 cup mayonaise
3 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

TheShadow

« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2003, 11:32:52 am »
 Thanks Strafer.

Toasty0

« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2003, 12:12:09 pm »

Thanks a bunch all.

Best,
Jerry  

TheShadow

« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2003, 02:50:46 am »

Mayonaise
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. powdered mustard
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. vinegar
2 C. olive oil

Ketchup
1/2 bushel ripe tomatoes
1/3 C. salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 quart cider vinegar

moofighters

Banana Cow
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2003, 09:38:27 pm »
Ingredients
1 oz Light Rum
1 oz Creme de Bananes
1 1/2 oz Cream
1 dash Grenadine
1 slice Banana
Nutmeg

moofighters

Or an Irish Curdling Cow
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2003, 09:41:04 pm »
Ingredients
3/4 oz Bourbon Whiskey
3/4 oz Vodka
2 - 3 oz Orange Juice

Toasty0

« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2003, 12:59:43 am »

Best,
Jerry  

Sirgod

« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2003, 09:22:13 pm »

Stephen

Kortez

« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2003, 11:59:36 am »

Toasty0

« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2003, 12:05:51 pm »
Quote:

Toasty0

« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2003, 03:33:35 pm »
TheShadow,

Thanks and enjoy.

Best,
Jerry  

ChefAce

« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2003, 10:32:41 am »

Lil apple pies

Add sliced apples

Cinnamon to taste.

Wala, you're done.

Prep time 10 minutes.

Sirgod

« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2003, 04:49:52 pm »
POOR MAN'S PEPPER STEAK

Feed's 1-3 people.

Stephen

Kortez

« Reply #169 on: December 24, 2003, 06:42:38 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Sirgod

« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2003, 04:47:28 pm »
Elephant Stew

Stephen

TheShadow

« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2003, 12:47:51 am »
Quote:

TheShadow,

Thanks and enjoy.

Best,
Jerry  

drb

« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2003, 07:18:36 pm »

Quote:

Hoi Folks,

220 degrees C
15 minutes

Method

Take care,

drb (aka. sup, mack)

drb    

Toasty0

« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2004, 12:53:37 am »
Quote:

Quote:

TheShadow,

Thanks and enjoy.

Best,
Jerry  

This link should work.

Thanks.

Best,
Jerry  

Khalee

« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2004, 08:41:12 am »

Sirgod

« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2004, 09:33:48 am »

Stephen

TheShadow

« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2004, 02:44:45 pm »

Khalee

« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2004, 02:25:57 am »

TheShadow

« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2004, 12:43:11 pm »
Quote:

Spirit

« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2004, 01:19:35 pm »
Quote:

Elephant Stew

Stephen  

-Spirit  

Khalee

« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2004, 08:44:54 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2004, 09:14:38 pm »

Stephen

Khalee

« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2004, 09:18:41 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2004, 09:20:21 pm »

Stephen

Khalee

« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2004, 08:29:47 am »

Sirgod

« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2004, 10:27:59 am »

stephen

Khalee

« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2004, 11:05:53 am »

Sirgod

« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2004, 10:21:59 am »

Stephen

Khalee

« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2004, 11:33:29 pm »

Khalee

« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2004, 05:20:05 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2004, 05:23:25 pm »

stephen

Capt. Mike

« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2004, 07:58:18 pm »

Mike