Topic: Hey Dallas : The Recipe Thread.  (Read 23326 times)

moofighters

Banana Cow
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2003, 09:38:27 pm »
Ingredients
1 oz Light Rum
1 oz Creme de Bananes
1 1/2 oz Cream
1 dash Grenadine
1 slice Banana
Nutmeg

Serverd in a Cocktail Glass  

moofighters

Or an Irish Curdling Cow
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2003, 09:41:04 pm »
Ingredients
3/4 oz Bailey's Irish Cream
3/4 oz Bourbon Whiskey
3/4 oz Vodka
2 - 3 oz Orange Juice

Served in a Highball Glass.  

Toasty0

Re: Hey Dallas : The Recipe Thread.
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2003, 12:59:43 am »
Ok, Stephen, I got at least one of your recipes entered. You'll find it under the menu Taldrenites-->Sirgod-->Pizza Puff

RecipeKing_Sirgod_Pizza_Puff

Proof it and let me know if that's how you want it to remain.

Best,
Jerry  

Sirgod

« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2003, 09:22:13 pm »
thanks ToasyO, I'll give it the Critical eye tomorrow sometime and get back with you on It..

Stephen

Kortez

« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2003, 11:59:36 am »
I'm making a simple meal in commemoration of Hannukah, tonight.  Beef Wellington is the main course.

Toasty0

« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2003, 12:05:51 pm »
Quote:

I'm making a simple meal in commemoration of Hannukah, tonight.  Beef Wellington is the main course.

Beef Wellinton is never simple. Enjoy though!  

Toasty0

« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2003, 03:33:35 pm »
TheShadow,

I've entered one of your many recipes (thanks man) and thought you might want to rpoof it before I move on to other recipes.
 TheShadow_Recipe_Irish_Potato_Cake

Thanks and enjoy.

Best,
Jerry  

ChefAce

« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2003, 10:32:41 am »
Here's an easy to make recipie for the kiddies.

Lil apple pies

Take about 4 - 5 Granny Smith apples, core and peel. Thinly slice apples.

1 pack of 3"x3" wonton wraps.

In a large skillet, over med high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.

Add sliced apples

then add about4 tablespoons sugar

2 teaspoons Nutmeg...yummy

Cinnamon to taste.

Let apples sautee till tender and they become caramelized.

Next take your wonton wraps and add about 1 tablespoon of the apple filling.

Place in a deep fryer, 350 degrees, till golden brown.

Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar while hot.

Wala, you're done.

Prep time 10 minutes.

Sirgod

« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2003, 04:49:52 pm »
POOR MAN'S PEPPER STEAK

Feed's 1-3 people.

Take one pound of Pork Cutletes (Beef for a kosher meal)
In a lightly Greased frying pan, place the meat evenly over the Flame.

add about 1/4 to 1/4 cups of Soy Sauce.

Blanket the Meat with crushed Red Pepper.

When It starts to Brown on the Bottem, apply 1/2 to 3/4 cups of minced Garlic, apply more Soy sauce to taste, and again Blanket the Meat with Crushed red Pepper.

Continue turning the meat andUsigng the sauce around It untill meat is done.

Total cost about $5.00 here in OK.

Stephen

PS. Jerry I'll have to Download .net again for some reason. My PC has been acting up though , But I haven't forget your Proggy.

P.S.S. what your recipe for Beef Wellington Kortez?

Kortez

« Reply #169 on: December 24, 2003, 06:42:38 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Beef Wellinton is never simple. Enjoy though!    

Thanks.  It came out great.  The gravy I make takes the longest time, almost 6 hours from start to finish.

Dufour makes a great puff pastry in a package.

Sirgod

« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2003, 04:47:28 pm »
Elephant Stew

1  Elephant                          Seasoned Brown Gavry
2 rabbits (optional)              Prep Time Approx. 3 months

Cut elephant into Bite-Sized pieces. This should take about 2 months. Cover with Brown Gravy and Cook over a Kerosine Fire at 450 Degrees for about 4 weeks. This will serve approx. 3800 people. If more is expected, Add 2 rabbits. Do this only if Necessary, as most people do not like to find Hare in there Stew.

Stephen

TheShadow

« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2003, 12:47:51 am »
Quote:

TheShadow,

I've entered one of your many recipes (thanks man) and thought you might want to rpoof it before I move on to other recipes.

Thanks and enjoy.

Best,
Jerry  

The link didnt work. Got a page not found.    

drb

« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2003, 07:18:36 pm »
I simply had no idea that there were others who accually venture out of the computer room for reasons other then having to go to a job or answering the door with money in hand to pay the delevery person, so here is a post that I stupidly put in the wrong form.

Quote:

Hoi Folks,

During the Storm Season 2 server sup would normally log on in the day only to find that the Do-Gooders out numbered those With-Out Good Intentions drasticly. This upset Fluf to no ends, and he told the few, who were there to listen, just how dire the situation was. Hearing the distress in his Fearless Leader's voice, sup though it important to distract Fluf from his troubles.

Now, I bake tea biscuits often. ( The StarFleet Widow mentioned to me, one day shortly after she moved in, that we were out of bread. I said, "No problem; I can make biscuits in time for supper" She loved them, and told me, " You can make those anytime you want!" We don't buy bread any more as she makes an awesome cornbread, and though, I use to make all sorts of sweetbreads, I find that I too, just want these biscuits; they go with everything, yes even FedFingers, or so I have heard from a friend of mine who is Kzin.) Simple pleasures are the best.

Understanding that Fluf has a sign duct taped to his front door instructing the "delivery guy" to just walk in and follow the path marked by duct tape on the floor to the computer room, sup thought that relating to Fluf, and, the few there to listen, the joys of fresh home baked goods would distract them from the fact we were once again out numbered.

Sadly, the results were not positive, "Great, now I'm hungry!", Fluf was heard to say. Another comment was, "Shut up! I have nothing in the house to eat, and either have to go to the store, or order delivery!"

Strange as it may seem, these comments only provoked the Sadist in sup to continue to wax poetic about the virtues of freshly baked breads and biscuits. The most torturing comment was about fresh, hot cornbread with molasses and butter.

Eventually, sup offered to post the recipe for the biscuits. Finally a positive remark was made. So here it is. Conversions from metric are provided in {} for friends in places that use the imperial system, as well as "single-guy proof" instructions in [ ]. Once you get the hang of it, the entire procedure takes only 25 minutes.

Tea Biscuits (sup's mother's recipe she used in her Home Economics class, slightly modified by sup over the years)

750 mL flour {3 cups} (sup uses half organic white unbleached and half organic whole wheat)
30 mL baking power {2 Tablespoons}
3 mL salt {half Teaspoon}
180 mL shortening { 0.75 cups} (non-hydrogenated margarine; low in trans fats)
330 mL milk {1.4 cups} (soybeverage)

220 degrees C
15 minutes
Yield 14 biscuits, if cut to dimensions described below in method

Method

1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C {425 degrees F}

2. Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl (sup drinks beer so he doesn't sift, just stirs; beer drinkers take note, trust sup on this, you will be rewarded)

3. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles corn meal, using two dinner knives. [This means taking a knife in each hand and making a scissor action through lumps of shortening in the dry mixture. Eventhough it seems like an endless task, I assure you if you do this prior to playing Star Fleet Command your hands will click the mouse buttons faster and fly faster and more accurately across the keyboard]

4. Make a well in the center add milk all at once.

5. Stir quickly with a fork.

6. Knead gently on a lightly floured counter top. [ wash and dry your kitchen counter before doing this, as well as clear away empty beer cans/ bottles, dirty dishes, pizza boxes, ...etc. If you use the dough for martial arts fundamental movements, the flour will glutenize; as tempting as it is, I know, don't do it]

7. Pat, or, using a rolling pin*, roll dough to about 2 cm {0.75 inches} thick. * Special note: KRolling please note [ ]'s for number 6, the part about not bashing the crap out of the dough.

8. Cut out biscuits with a floured cutter aprx. 7.5cm {3inches}. [ Do what sup does, flour the rim of a beer glass. A beer mug will not do due to the handle and thickness. Compensate for a lack of a hole in the base of the beer glass by tipping the edge of the glass as you cut the dough; it lets the air escape]

9. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. [If you do not own a baking sheet of any type: BEFORE preheating the oven wrap rack in the middle of the oven with aluminum foil, ensure it is smooth and taunt. Transfer unbaked, cut dough very quickly from a floured plate to the pulled out rack of a preheated oven, slide rack back in, close door; you may want to add a min. or two depending on how long it takes the little light to go out again after oven door is shut.]

10. Bake for 15 minutes. [This is the time when you clean up.]

11. When cool enough to eat; do so! Just for fun post your choice for best toppings!

Take care,

drb (aka. sup, mack)

The Starfleet Widow and I have many more. As time allows I'll post them as well as try some of yours. Cheers!
 drb    

Toasty0

« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2004, 12:53:37 am »
Quote:

Quote:

TheShadow,

Thanks and enjoy.

Best,
Jerry  

The link didnt work. Got a page not found.    

Sorry to take so long in getting back to you Shadow.

This link should work.

Thanks.

Best,
Jerry  

Khalee

« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2004, 08:41:12 am »
Since there are thoes who like to cook here, what Basic spices should one start out with.

Here is what I got on hand salt, pepper, onion salt. garlic pepper, lemon pepper,minced Garlic, seasoning.

What other spices should I get, but I dont like real spicy stuff, makes my ulser go nuts.

Sirgod

« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2004, 09:33:48 am »
Those are pretty much a good standard to have on hand. Might try getting ahold of Some Itallian Seasonings, Basyl, thyme, Etc.

also If you like Cilantro, here's a little hint. Don't chop the Cilantro, instead Slice It very gently. For some reason, If you chop It, It will start to curl and change color very quickly.

Stephen

TheShadow

« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2004, 02:44:45 pm »
 Oregano, chili powder, dry mustard are good. If you bake dont forget cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Paprika goes well with egg and tomato dishes.    

Khalee

« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2004, 02:25:57 am »
Mannings Chilli I love it get it once in a while But how do you keep it from being so greasy, And what extra stuff do you put in. Im in a chilli kind of a mood.

TheShadow

« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2004, 12:43:11 pm »
Quote:

Mannings Chilli I love it get it once in a while But how do you keep it from being so greasy, And what extra stuff do you put in. Im in a chilli kind of a mood.  

You want it to have some grease. To reduce the grease content, drain the meat before you add anything else. Remember, dont drain the drippings, thats actually where the flavor is. Remove the browned meat from the pot or saucepan. Tilt the pan slightly, the stuff that settles under the grease is the drippings. Drain off the grease leaving the drippings and some grease. Add you meat back to the pot and continue with your favorite chili recipe.    

Spirit

« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2004, 01:19:35 pm »
Quote:

Elephant Stew

1  Elephant                          Seasoned Brown Gavry
2 rabbits (optional)              Prep Time Approx. 3 months

Cut elephant into Bite-Sized pieces. This should take about 2 months. Cover with Brown Gravy and Cook over a Kerosine Fire at 450 Degrees for about 4 weeks. This will serve approx. 3800 people. If more is expected, Add 2 rabbits. Do this only if Necessary, as most people do not like to find Hare in there Stew.

Stephen  

-Spirit