Topic: Hey Dallas : The Recipe Thread.  (Read 23332 times)

WaterTiger

Re: Hey Dallas : The Recipe Thread.
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2003, 06:09:21 pm »
Here are some tasty ...... ummmmmmmm..... universal recipies from the Knights of Hegemony.

Check out their cookbook.  

Hydran S'mores anyone? ... KFC, perhaps? ( Klingon Fried Carcass)

These guys get my vote for the Recipies of the Week.

Pickled Romulan ears are my personal favorite, Dallas.

WaterTiger

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by WaterTiger »

Dallas

Re: Hey Dallas
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2003, 10:48:57 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With Dallas, I thought they'd be trading picks of scantily-clad females.    

I sent him a bunch of pics from my private collection and all I got in return was
a recipe for potatoe soup.

cough? Collection?

Well, "collection" sounds alot better than "stack of pr0n".

TheShadow

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2003, 10:52:25 pm »
 In case none of you can tell, I like sweets. Not candy, cakes & pies. So here goes.

DRIED APPLE STACK CAKE

3/4 C. plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. molasses  
1/2 C. butter/shortening
1 egg  
1/2 Tsp. vanilla
1/4 C. buttermilk
3 C. flour
1/2 Tsp. soda
1/4 Tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tsp. baking powder  
1/2 Tsp. cinnamon
1/4 Tsp. nutmeg  

Cream butter and sugar, add molasses, vanilla and egg, blend  well. A mixer may be used to this point. The rest should be  done by hand because you will end up with a dough, not a batter.  Combine dry ingredients. Add alternately with buttermilk to  the creamed mixture. Mix well. This will be thicker than a  biscuit dough.  Divide dough into six balls. Pat each ball into a prepared 9  inch layer cake pan. Bake at 375º for 10-12 minutes. Cool  slightly before removing from pan. Put apple filling between  layers.

APPLE FILLING

1 pound dried apples
1 1/2 C. sugar  
3/4 C. brown sugar
1/2 Tsp. nutmeg  
1/2 Tsp. Cloves
2 Tsp. cinnamon  

Place apples in saucepan and barely cover with water. Simmer  until tender. Remove from heat and mash. Add sugar and spices  and stir to dissolve sugar. Heat slightly if necessary.  Divide into six equal parts. Put between layers of Stack Cake,  ending with apple filling on top. This cake is best if made  two or three days before serving.    

IRISH POTATO CAKE

2 C. sugar  
2 C. flour  
1/4 C. cocoa  
1 Tsp. each nutmeg, cloves,  cinnamon & vanilla  
1/2 C. milk                    
1/2 C. shortening, softened  
1 C. creamed potatoes  
1 C. raisins  
1 C. pecans  

Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Cream potatoes  and shortening together, add milk and mix well. Gradually  incorporate dry ingredients into potato mixture. Add vanilla  and beat for 2 minutes. Fold in raisins and pecans. Divide into  2 prepared 9 inch layer cake pans. Bake in hot oven 425º, until  cake springs back when touched. Top with your favorite chocolate  icing.      

DARK FRUIT CAKE  

1 Pound each; flour, brown sugar, butter, dates, and figs  
2 Pound each; raisins, nuts  
1/2 Pound each; citron, lemon/orange peel, cherries  
2 Rings crystallized pineapple  
1 glass each; grape and blackberry jelly  
1 C. each; black molasses, grape juice  
1 Tsp. each; cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg  
1 Tsp. soda dissolved in 1 tsp. boiling water  
1 Dozen eggs   Reserve
1 C. flour.

Combine all fruits and nuts, except pineapple    rings and a handful of nuts for garnish, into a large bowl,  sift reserved flour over mixture and stir, coating well. Set  aside.  In a very large bowl cream butter and brown sugar.  Add jellies,  molasses and juice, mixing well. Sift together flour and spices,  gradually incorporate into liquid alternately with eggs. Mix  in soda water. Fold in fruit and nut mixture. Turn into specially  prepared pans   grease pans with shortening, line with brown  paper, then grease again. Place pineapple rings and nuts or  cherries in bottom of pan in a decorative fashion  gently,  filling half full. Tap pans to remove air bubbles. Bake at 250º- 300º for 4 hours. Tube pans may be used or you may want to bake  in loaf pans to give as gifts during the Holidays.  These cake may be made ahead as much as a month and soaked in  rum or pineapple juice

MOLASSES CAKE  

1/2 C. butter            
1/2 Tsp. soda  
1 C. sugar  
1/2 Tsp. cinnamon  
1 egg  
1/2 Tsp. nutmeg  
1 C. sifted flour  
3/4 C. buttermilk  
1/2 Tsp. salt  
1/2 C. molasses  
1 Tsp. baking powder  

Cream butter and sugar together, add molasses and buttermilk.  Mix well, add egg. Sift dry ingredients together and gradually  add to liquid mixture. Pour into a prepared 8 inch square cake  pan. Bake at 325º for 45 minutes.  Mix 1/4 C. hot water and 1/2 C sugar and pour over cake. This  makes the cake moist.

RED VELVET CAKE  
2 eggs  
1/2 Tsp. salt  
2 C. sugar  
1 1/2 Tsp. soda  
1 C. butter  
1 Tsp. vanilla  
1 C. buttermilk  
1 Tbs. cocoa  
2 1/2 C. cake flour  
1 Tbs. vinegar  
2 oz. red cake coloring  

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Make  a paste of vinegar ,  and cocoa and add to mixture. Sift salt  and soda with flour, add to mixture alternately with buttermilk.  Blend well.  Beat in vanilla and cake coloring.  Pour into prepared  cake pans and bake at 350º for 30 minutes.  

FILLING  
1 C. milk  
2 Tsp. flour  
1 C. butter  
1 Tsp. vanilla  
1 C. sugar  
1 C. chopped nuts  
1 can flake coconut  

Cook milk and flour on low heat until thick. Set aside and allow  to cool completely. Cream sugar and butter; add flour mixture.  Beat until mixture looks like whipped cream. Add chopped nuts,  coconut flakes and vanilla. Blend well and spread on layers.

More to come....  

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by TheShadow »

TheShadow

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2003, 11:09:44 pm »
 What, No one else has recipes?    

TheShadow

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2003, 11:47:05 pm »
 Ok, here's a few more of mine.    

STRIPE IT RICH CAKE
1 Pkg. cake mix
2 pkg. Jell-O inst. pudding
1 C. powdered sugar
4 C. cold milk  

1. Prepare cake mix as directed on pkg., baking in 13x9" pan.  2.Remove from oven. Poke holes at once down through the cake to the pan with round handle of wooden spoon at 1" intervals. 3. Next, combine pudding mix with sugar in large bowl. Gradually stir in milk. Then beat at low speed of electric mixer for not more than 1 minute. Do not over beat. 4. Quickly, before pudding thickens, pour about 1 of the thin mixture evenly over warm cake and into holes to make the stripes. 5. Allow the remaining pudding to thicken slightly;then spoon over the top, swirling it to frost the cake. Chill at least 1 hour. Store cake in the refrigerator.

CARROT GINGER MUFFINS
Pam
1 C. low-fat buttermilk 1 tsp. baking powder{ C. corn syrup 1 C.brown sugar{ C. walnuts 1 C. raisins3 C. grated carrots 1 tbs. fresh gingers
4 lg. egg whites
2 tbs. vegetable oil
1 C. water
3C. oat bran

Preheat oven to 400°. Spray 16 muffins tins with Pam. Combine baking powder with buttermilk, add corn syrup, brown sugar, walnuts, raisins, carrots, ginger, egg whites, oil and water. Stir well. Gently fold in the oat bran, a little at a time. Mix until just moistened. Divide among 16 muffin tins. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes until lightly brown and firm to the touch. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, remove from,pan. Muffins may be stored chilled for 3 weeks, or frozen forU3 months. Reheat in microwave for 30 seconds or oven at 350°Ufor 10 minutes.

SHRIMP WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS & MUSHROOMS

Serves 6, each serving: 173 Calories. 3 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. safflower oil
2 C. sliced mushrooms, s
alt & pepper to taste
3/4 oz. boletus dried
2 cloves garlic, chopped   soaked 15 min.
1 C. sliced scallions
3/4 C. dry white wine
2 tbs. minced mint
1 tsp. crushed rosemary  
9 oz. artichoke hearts
1 lb. lg. shrimp, with shells on

Heat oils in lg. skillet, add fresh mushrooms, salt  and pepper. Cook on high until mushrooms start to brown.  Drain dried mushrooms, reserving 2 tbs. liquid. Add  dried mushrooms & liquid, garlic, scallions, wine, mint,  and rosemary to the cooked mushrooms. Cover and cook  over med. heat for 10 min. Blanch artichoke hearts in  boiling water. drain when water returns to boil and  add to mixture in skillet. Cover and cook about 10  minutes over low to med. heat. Taste for salt. Add  shrimp, turn up heat, and cook until they turn pink.  Do not overcook. Remove shells from shrimp before serving.

TERIAKI BEEF STIR FRY
1 lb. round steak stir fry to be marinated in the following:
3 tbs. teriyaki sauce
2 tbs. vegetable oil
2 tbs. cornstarch  

Mix together until well blended, add beef stirring to coat well. Place in refrigerator for 4 hours. Remove, and drain saving liquid. In large skillet or wok that has been sprayed with Pam, Stir fry at high heat until slightly brown.
Add the following all at once:  
6 onions sliced thinly
2 bell peppers, cut into thin strips
marinade liquid  

Continue stir frying until vegetables cooked lightly, and sauce thickens. Serve hot with rice.

SAVORY BEEF SUPPER  
1 Cup cubed cooked roast beef
1cups cubed raw potato
1cup condensed beef broth
1 8-ounce can stewed tomatoes
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Dash pepper
1 8-ounce can small white onions drained  

In sauce pan, combine ingredients except onions.  Cover and cook till potato is tender, about 20-25  minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions; heat  through.  

BUTTER NUT CAKE  
1 C. shortening          
2 C. sugar
4 eggs
1 C. cake flour
1 C. self-rising flour
1 C. evaporated milk
1 tbs. butternut flavoring  

Combine all ingredients as usual for cake. Pour batter into prepared tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Let set 10 minutes before removing from pan.

CHEESE BAKED CHICKEN  
2 small chicken breast      
1 tbs butter, melted
1/3 C grated parmesan cheese  
2 tbs butter

Dip chicken in 1 tbs butter melted, then in parmesan  cheese. melt remaining butter in shallow pie plate.  Place chicken skin side up in pie plate. Bake in hot oven 400° about 50 minutes basting with  pan juices twice. Cover with tin foil during last  15 minutes to prevent over browning.

CRISSCROSS POTATOES
1 large baking potato    
1 tbs butter, melted
Salt
Paprika

Scrub potato; cut in half lengthwise. Make diagonal  slashes about 1/8 inch deep in cut surface of potato,  forming crisscross pattern. Brush surface with butter;  season with salt. Place in shallow pan or on foil. Bake  in hot oven (400°) for 40 minutes. sprinkle potato with  paprika then bake 10 minutes more till done.  Use with Cinnamon Peach Crisp for complete meal.

EASY BAKE CHICKEN CASSEROLE  

1 pound boneless chicken breast cut into 1"cubes  
1 jar any flavor RAGU CHICKEN TONIGHT  
1 C. instant rice, uncooked (extra rice can be used  for thicker consistency)  

Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chicken in an 11"x7"  baking dish. Add sauce, stirring to coat chicken evenly.  Cover tightly and bake 35-40 minutes or until chicken  is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken from oven and  immediately add rice to casserole; stir to mix well.  Cover tightly and let stand 5 minutes or until rice  is tender. Serves 4 to 6.    

CHICKEN STIR FRY
1 C. chicken broth      
2 Tbs. Mazola oil divided
1 Tbs. soy sauce        
4 C. cut-up fresh vegetables
1 Tbs. corn starch      
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ginger          
 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast thinly sliced      
1tsp. crushed red  pepper

1. In bowl stir first 5 ingredients; set aside. 2. In skillet heat 1 tbs. oil over medium high heat. Add vegetables and garlic; stir fry 3 min. or until tender-crisp; remove. 3. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil. Add chicken; stir fry     4 Min., return vegetables. 4. Stir broth mixture; add to skillet. Stirring constantly, bring to boil; boil 1 min., serves 4.

JERK CHICKEN  
1 onion sliced          
1 orange sliced 2 tbs oil                
1 tsp. jerk seasoning or 2 tsp. Jamaican marinade
2 lb. chicken parts                  
2-4 green onions                        

In large baking dish place 1/2 of onions in layer  fashion top with 1/2 the orange slices.  Add chicken.   In separate bowl mix remaining ingredients and pour  over chicken. Cook uncovered in pre-heated oven 425°  for 30 min.  Turn chicken over and add remaining onions  and oranges.  Return to oven for 30 min. Should be served with Slaw.

HEARTY BRUNSWICK STEW  
1 pound lean pork        
2 C. chopped tomatoes/juice
1 small chicken
3-4 diced potatoes
2 pounds hamburger      
Ketchup to taste
2 C. cooked corn        
Chili powder
1 C. lima beans        
 Salt/Pepper
2-3 diced carrots        
Ground red pepper
 2-3 onions, chopped      
Worcestershire sauce.

Boil chicken and pork until done and then grind both  chicken and pork; sauté ground beef then add all 3 to  vegetable mixture. Mix everything together in a large  pot and simmer, covered for 1-1 1/2 hours.

Sirgod

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2003, 09:09:39 am »
I don't really like artichoke Hearts, but the SHRIMP WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS & MUSHROOMS, sounds Pretty good Will.

I'll try and get some more recipes up this afternoon.

Stephen

TheShadow

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2003, 04:59:40 pm »
 Thanks Stephen, I was feeling a little alone in the recipe thread.  

Oh, and for those reading this, those recipes Ive put up arent ones Ive found on the internet. Theyre from my recipe box. Excuse the odd symbols in a few. I originally typed them on an old Brother word processor and saved them to floppy. I tried to clean them up, but I missed a few.

Toasty0

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2003, 05:19:41 pm »
I just wanted to thank "yous" who've taken the time to post your recipes. I will start inputing them into Recipe KIng this week.

Thanks again.

Best,
Jerry  

Strafer

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2003, 11:02:40 pm »
Mayonaise Cake

1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup baking flour
1 cup mayonaise
1 cup water (or milk for lighter colour)
3 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients. Pour in large greased shallow pan or angelcake (big donut shaped) mold. 40-45min @ 350F
Pan needs these caracteristics as cake is thick and moist. Outside will burn and middle will still be raw.

EDIT: oh yeah. Let cool 10 minutes or so before trying to remove from mold. It'll tear apart otherwise.

(and for those of you who balk at the mayo... would you prefer 2 raw eggs?.. )
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 11:10:29 pm by Strafer »

TheShadow

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2003, 11:32:52 am »
 Thanks Strafer.

The two main ingredients in Mayonaise are Raw Eggs (use the yolks and get Mayo with a yellow tint) and Vinegar. I should know, I make my own Mayo and Ketchup.

Edit: Use only egg whites and its almost fat free and white as snow. If ya'll want I'll post the recipes to Mayo and Ketchup later?

« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 11:35:49 am by TheShadow »

Toasty0

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2003, 12:12:09 pm »
Heck yeah! Post them as well when you have time.

Thanks a bunch all.

Best,
Jerry  

TheShadow

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2003, 02:50:46 am »
 Sorry about adding these so late, but here you go.  

Mayonaise
2 egg whites or 2 egg yolks or 1 whole egg
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. powdered mustard
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. vinegar
2 C. olive oil
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice

Put eggs and seasonings in a small deep bowl and beat with a mixer until thoroughly blended. Add vinegar very slowly beating constantly. Add 1 cup of oil, one drop at a time, until 1/4 cup has been added. Then add oil one tablespoon at a time alternating with a small amount of lemon juice beating constantly. Add the other cup of oil one tablespoon at a time until mixture reaches correct consistancy and is completely blended. Refrigerate without stirring. Makes about 2 cups.

Ketchup
1/2 bushel ripe tomatoes
1/3 C. salt
1 Tbsp. whole cloves (in a spice bag)
1 whole nutmeg grated, or 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 quart cider vinegar

Skin and press tomatoes through a seive or food mill to remove seeds. Bring tomatoes to a boil over low heat, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. Add salt, spices, and vinegar, stirring often to prevent scorching, until liquid is reduced by half. Remove spice bag. Can ketchup (while liquid is hot) as soon as possible, filling pint jars to with 1/2 inch from top. Makes about 3 quarts.

moofighters

Banana Cow
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2003, 09:38:27 pm »
Ingredients
1 oz Light Rum
1 oz Creme de Bananes
1 1/2 oz Cream
1 dash Grenadine
1 slice Banana
Nutmeg

Serverd in a Cocktail Glass  

moofighters

Or an Irish Curdling Cow
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2003, 09:41:04 pm »
Ingredients
3/4 oz Bailey's Irish Cream
3/4 oz Bourbon Whiskey
3/4 oz Vodka
2 - 3 oz Orange Juice

Served in a Highball Glass.  

Toasty0

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2003, 12:59:43 am »
Ok, Stephen, I got at least one of your recipes entered. You'll find it under the menu Taldrenites-->Sirgod-->Pizza Puff

RecipeKing_Sirgod_Pizza_Puff

Proof it and let me know if that's how you want it to remain.

Best,
Jerry  

Sirgod

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2003, 09:22:13 pm »
thanks ToasyO, I'll give it the Critical eye tomorrow sometime and get back with you on It..

Stephen

Kortez

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2003, 11:59:36 am »
I'm making a simple meal in commemoration of Hannukah, tonight.  Beef Wellington is the main course.

Toasty0

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2003, 12:05:51 pm »
Quote:

I'm making a simple meal in commemoration of Hannukah, tonight.  Beef Wellington is the main course.

Beef Wellinton is never simple. Enjoy though!  

Toasty0

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2003, 03:33:35 pm »
TheShadow,

I've entered one of your many recipes (thanks man) and thought you might want to rpoof it before I move on to other recipes.
 TheShadow_Recipe_Irish_Potato_Cake

Thanks and enjoy.

Best,
Jerry  

ChefAce

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2003, 10:32:41 am »
Here's an easy to make recipie for the kiddies.

Lil apple pies

Take about 4 - 5 Granny Smith apples, core and peel. Thinly slice apples.

1 pack of 3"x3" wonton wraps.

In a large skillet, over med high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.

Add sliced apples

then add about4 tablespoons sugar

2 teaspoons Nutmeg...yummy

Cinnamon to taste.

Let apples sautee till tender and they become caramelized.

Next take your wonton wraps and add about 1 tablespoon of the apple filling.

Place in a deep fryer, 350 degrees, till golden brown.

Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar while hot.

Wala, you're done.

Prep time 10 minutes.