Topic: Model Request: F-NCA  (Read 7275 times)

Mariner

Re: Model Request: F-NCA
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2004, 12:39:02 pm »
Wolfsglen has asked me to post his more recent update pics, and I have, but on another forum.

The F-NCA topic is here, because I'm NOT wasting my time typing out those links, so happy surfing.

The SFB Chicago TMP-Refit: WIP - A Wolfsglen Production  

Atrahasis

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2004, 12:53:00 pm »
LOL My feelings about the F-NCA design in general is that Gene should be rolling over in his grave because it breaks some special ship design rules he had (before anyone points it out, yes I do know he was cremated.)

One thing I'll recommend, though: According to SFB lore, the tiny third warp engine on the bottom was a Frigate engine from probably a Burke, and I believe they may even have been cannibalized because the entire F-NCA design was an augmented Light Cruiser built at the same yards the Light Cruisers used to be built.....and so if you're making a TMP version, you may not necessarily have to make that third engine a dinky one, but a full-sized one would be OK. After all, TMP ships at that time wewre probably not cannibalized, it was all-new tech. If you were a Starfleet engineer and you could stick a full third engine on there, hey why not do it?  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Atrahasis »

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2004, 01:50:21 pm »
   It would use up more energy that way Two naccelles are just enough fot any ship it doesn't make it go any faster with three.It would be like putting another engine on a Boeing 767.

Just my 0.2 cents worth  

FireSoul

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2004, 01:52:32 pm »
Quote:

It would use up more energy that way Two naccelles are just enough fot any ship it doesn't make it go any faster with three.It would be like putting another engine on a Boeing 767.

Just my 0.2 cents worth    

They don't. However, the ship has more power. Slow down a bit and all photons can be loaded.

FireSoul

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2004, 03:11:42 pm »
Quote:

LOL My feelings about the F-NCA design in general is that Gene should be rolling over in his grave because it breaks some special ship design rules he had (before anyone points it out, yes I do know he was cremated.)

One thing I'll recommend, though: According to SFB lore, the tiny third warp engine on the bottom was a Frigate engine from probably a Burke, and I believe they may even have been cannibalized because the entire F-NCA design was an augmented Light Cruiser built at the same yards the Light Cruisers used to be built.....and so if you're making a TMP version, you may not necessarily have to make that third engine a dinky one, but a full-sized one would be OK. After all, TMP ships at that time wewre probably not cannibalized, it was all-new tech. If you were a Starfleet engineer and you could stick a full third engine on there, hey why not do it?  

I would still use a small engine. Looks better and is more accurate as per the SSDs.

Mariner

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2004, 05:51:12 pm »
There's more updates at the SCN page FYI.

More to come.

Wolfsglen

« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2004, 12:00:30 pm »
Variant with pod finished and ready to roll soon, just got to grovel at Atrahasis' feet so i can release  

PS: There is pics of a version with the bottom nacelle at full size in the link Mariner posted to EAS above, this version is finished and ready also.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Wolfsglen »

Chrystoff

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2004, 01:38:31 pm »
Oh, Man, am I lovin' that! That looks terrific!  

Wolfsglen

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2004, 03:16:15 pm »
Couple of the 3-conventional-size engines version:

Rhaz

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2004, 04:23:02 pm »
Wow    I haven't been keeping up with this thread, until today and I am floored by the progress on the TMP-chichago.

I really lie both versions (2 nacelle w/ weapons pod and the 3 (full sized) engines)

Please, Atra, let it be released!

Wolfsglen

« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2004, 04:29:01 pm »
Hehe thank you guys, i'll get around to finding out how to contact the guys whose parts i borrowed for permission soon, im having trouble locating some of them, so if anyone can help out, let me know.

There will be 4 versions:

1: Regular Refit Chicago, no major changes other than parts upgrades, small underside warp engine (like the original had)
2: Refit Chicago with extra weapons/sensor pod, no underside warp engine
3: Refit Chicago with under-nose mounted torpedo launcher (thanks to Mariner for suggesting that, turned out great!) and underside small warp engine
4: Refit Chicago with under-nose torp launcher and full-length underside warp engine

Should be somethingfor everyone there  

Working credits list (has people i need to contact and some who are ok with their models being used as long as credits are given, they are included here as well)

USS Chicago New Heavy Cruiser, TMP Era Refit Variants

Based on an original design from StarFleet Battles

--PLEASE KEEP THESE CREDITS WITH THE MODELS--

Credits: (Pod Version)

Original Mesh and Textures from Models by Atrahasis, Moonraker and Nightstorm.
New textures and work by P-81, Ganymad and The DuctTapeWonder.
Kitbashing, Hardpoint Tweaks and extra Texture Work by Wolfsglen

Credits: (3 Engined Version)

Original Mesh and Textures by Atrahasis
Extra textures (Saucer and Warp) and Parts by P-81
Kitbashing, Hardpoint Tweaks and extra Texture Work by Wolfsglen

.BRK Models for all versions by Wolfsglen.

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2004, 04:33:18 pm »
Quote:

Hehe thank you guys, i'll get around to finding out how to contact the guys whose parts i borrowed for permission soon, im having trouble locating some of them, so if anyone can help out, let me know.

I believe P81 gave blanket approval for the use of his models and pieces of his models in kitbashing.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2004, 04:34:19 pm »
Wolfsglen please read this thread.......

Generic Permissions

A few of the permissions you seek are already there.

-MP  

Wolfsglen

« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2004, 04:36:16 pm »
Thanks ya guys, noted   Tis the other fellows im not sure of at the moment, i really dont want to think of releasing without knowing i have their approval first.

The_Infiltrator

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2004, 07:27:30 am »
It should be noted that all you need is to remove the lower warp engine and you'll also have the SFB NCL as well.

FireSoul

« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2004, 08:32:08 am »
Quote:

It should be noted that all you need is to remove the lower warp engine and you'll also have the SFB NCL as well.  

Not quite. The rear hull extension was shorter on the NCL..

Chrystoff

« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2004, 08:39:03 am »
Quote:

I agree...A 2 engine version would be pretty cool. Wolfsglen, might you consider a 2 engine version of this lovely ship?    

Wolfsglen

« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2004, 08:52:50 am »
Already in hand gents   A refit of the NCL along the lines of the Chicago above is on my list for the future, Atra's models are too good for me to resist  if i can get permission to release I will probably start it after i finish the next ship that was requested - an Akula based on Ambassador parts and another project im struggling on as well.

Still need help locating some of the guys in my credits list above, they arent in the "Permissions" thread and im having probs locating them, so any help would be appreciated, as the 4 chicago variants are all ready to go once i test the brk model for each of them and get permission from them and Atra.