Topic: Model Request: F-NCA  (Read 7276 times)

DH123

Model Request: F-NCA
« on: February 06, 2004, 12:23:34 am »
Can anyone make a kitbash out of the P81 Enterprise to make a TMP version of the Federation NCA picture below?

Dizzy

Re: Model Request: F-NCA
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 12:49:58 am »
What? The Miranda not good enough for ya?

Captain Ron

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 01:01:30 am »
Someone already did that model and i think it was Atrahsis that did it.

Marauth

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 01:22:59 am »
That's not a TMP version though is it?

Dizzy

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 01:43:48 am »
DH's pic has the rounded circular engines of TOS era. He wants the more modern looking TMP version done. Personally, I'd like to see a decent version of it as well. Perfect candidate for a kitbash.

I'm really surprised we havent seen this request or model come up before...

Captain Ron

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 02:21:30 am »
Nope Atra was the TOS king that pretty much covers what he made. P81 made all era ships but he was better known for his TMP stuff though.

So as it stands a TOS version is done, I never saw a TMP version though. There is a TNG version of it based off the Entprise C.

Khalee

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 02:22:06 am »
Is this what your looking for? http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/omega/shipyards/moonraker/moonraker.shtml

Scroll down till you see the USS Chicago.

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 03:25:11 am »
The Chicago isn't quite the same as the NCA he is referring to.  If I remember correctly, the Chicage only had 2 warp engines, this one has three in the picture above.

Captain Ron

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 05:16:18 am »
Atra did a 3 engine one it was a TOS one though, unfortuantly I did not grab it before he lost his host so I can not send it to you. I use to have one before my HDD crashed it was used as a DW

ModelsPlease

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 05:24:41 am »
Something like this perhaps?

The ship is damaged from a fire fight but you get the idea

Perhaps this can inspire one of the many great moddlers out there  
-MP

ModelsPlease@aol.com    

DH123

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 11:24:05 am »
Quote:

What? The Miranda not good enough for ya?  

The Miranda is used for my Federation Light Cruiser, the NCA is a different hull.  FS seperated the NCL and NCA in the OP+ mod.

I'm currently using the USS Churchil as my NCA (I'll post a pic tonight for those of you not familar with that ship) but that picture of the F-NCA from R10 just looks so fricking cool!!  A TMP version would be even better if Kitbasked off of the P81 TMP connie.  

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 01:06:55 pm »
If I am reading this post right, the  vessel being discusssed is a TOS design .

And I donot know of a source, except perhaps fleetdock13?

Semper Fi, Carry On
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 01:08:52 pm by Anthony_Scott »

ModelsPlease

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 01:57:16 pm »
Nope TMP style    

DH123

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 02:13:34 pm »
Quote:

The Chicago isn't quite the same as the NCA he is referring to.  If I remember correctly, the Chicage only had 2 warp engines, this one has three in the picture above.  

The scanned picture is the Cover of R10: New Cruisers.  That is a Cannon SFB F-NCA.

I just think it would be more appropriate with a TMP look as it comes out in 2275.  

FireSoul

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 02:21:10 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

The scanned picture is the Cover of R10: New Cruisers.  That is a Cannon SFB F-NCA.

I just think it would be more appropriate with a TMP look as it comes out in 2275.  

I'm obviously interested in the results of this thread..
.. what happened to the TMP FGSC, and the idea of another FCFS model, btw?

Marauth

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 02:29:30 pm »
Go to that moonraker page and you'll see he made a TMP version of the NCL (the Kearsarge) but not of the NCA - it's the same ship but with an extended rear hull, bigger impulse engines and a third nacelle below the new pseudo-secondary hull.

I think Nightstorm made something similar using Moonraker's NCL though it's not exact and since Eras of War is down I don't know where to get it now. I think someone put all those ships on the Starfleet Universe.

FireSoul

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004, 02:52:30 pm »
Quote:

Go to that moonraker page and you'll see he made a TMP version of the NCL (the Kearsarge) but not of the NCA - it's the same ship but with an extended rear hull, bigger impulse engines and a third nacelle below the new pseudo-secondary hull.

I think Nightstorm made something similar using Moonraker's NCL though it's not exact and since Eras of War is down I don't know where to get it now. I think someone put all those ships on the Starfleet Universe.  

I don't see a Kearsarge at the link above, nor a ship that looks like you described.. sorry.

Marauth

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2004, 04:41:26 pm »
Quote:

I don't see a Kearsarge at the link above, nor a ship that looks like you described.. sorry.  

It's the ship directly below the Chicago class, it's labeled 'New Light Cruiser', it is his interpretation of a TMP Kearsarge NCL so obviously it's not exactly like the SFB version. Nightstorm made alternate regs for the Kearsarge and another ship which had a third nacelle and some other changes but that as I said in my last post was on his Eras of War site which is down.

Crimmy

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2004, 07:11:21 pm »
Quote:

Can anyone make a kitbash out of the P81 Enterprise to make a TMP version of the Federation NCA picture below?

This is an HWD...I have the miniature....*looks again*...yeppers....heavy war destroyer...says so right here...er there.....and yes...I'd love to see a TMP version

DH123

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2004, 07:20:04 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

This is an HWD...I have the miniature....*looks again*...yeppers....heavy war destroyer...says so right here...er there.....and yes...I'd love to see a TMP version

The ship, 1523 Minas Gerais, was built originally as an NCL as per the Federation OOB 9I guess it was converted to an NCA?).

Why would an HDW be on the cover of R10?