Topic: Model Request: F-NCA  (Read 7295 times)

DH123

Model Request: F-NCA
« on: February 06, 2004, 12:23:34 am »
Can anyone make a kitbash out of the P81 Enterprise to make a TMP version of the Federation NCA picture below?

Dizzy

Re: Model Request: F-NCA
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 12:49:58 am »
What? The Miranda not good enough for ya?

Captain Ron

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 01:01:30 am »
Someone already did that model and i think it was Atrahsis that did it.

Marauth

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 01:22:59 am »
That's not a TMP version though is it?

Dizzy

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 01:43:48 am »
DH's pic has the rounded circular engines of TOS era. He wants the more modern looking TMP version done. Personally, I'd like to see a decent version of it as well. Perfect candidate for a kitbash.

I'm really surprised we havent seen this request or model come up before...

Captain Ron

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 02:21:30 am »
Nope Atra was the TOS king that pretty much covers what he made. P81 made all era ships but he was better known for his TMP stuff though.

So as it stands a TOS version is done, I never saw a TMP version though. There is a TNG version of it based off the Entprise C.

Khalee

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 02:22:06 am »
Is this what your looking for? http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/omega/shipyards/moonraker/moonraker.shtml

Scroll down till you see the USS Chicago.

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 03:25:11 am »
The Chicago isn't quite the same as the NCA he is referring to.  If I remember correctly, the Chicage only had 2 warp engines, this one has three in the picture above.

Captain Ron

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 05:16:18 am »
Atra did a 3 engine one it was a TOS one though, unfortuantly I did not grab it before he lost his host so I can not send it to you. I use to have one before my HDD crashed it was used as a DW

ModelsPlease

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 05:24:41 am »
Something like this perhaps?

The ship is damaged from a fire fight but you get the idea

Perhaps this can inspire one of the many great moddlers out there  
-MP

ModelsPlease@aol.com    

DH123

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 11:24:05 am »
Quote:

What? The Miranda not good enough for ya?  

The Miranda is used for my Federation Light Cruiser, the NCA is a different hull.  FS seperated the NCL and NCA in the OP+ mod.

I'm currently using the USS Churchil as my NCA (I'll post a pic tonight for those of you not familar with that ship) but that picture of the F-NCA from R10 just looks so fricking cool!!  A TMP version would be even better if Kitbasked off of the P81 TMP connie.  

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 01:06:55 pm »
If I am reading this post right, the  vessel being discusssed is a TOS design .

And I donot know of a source, except perhaps fleetdock13?

Semper Fi, Carry On
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 01:08:52 pm by Anthony_Scott »

ModelsPlease

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 01:57:16 pm »
Nope TMP style    

DH123

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 02:13:34 pm »
Quote:

The Chicago isn't quite the same as the NCA he is referring to.  If I remember correctly, the Chicage only had 2 warp engines, this one has three in the picture above.  

The scanned picture is the Cover of R10: New Cruisers.  That is a Cannon SFB F-NCA.

I just think it would be more appropriate with a TMP look as it comes out in 2275.  

FireSoul

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 02:21:10 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

The scanned picture is the Cover of R10: New Cruisers.  That is a Cannon SFB F-NCA.

I just think it would be more appropriate with a TMP look as it comes out in 2275.  

I'm obviously interested in the results of this thread..
.. what happened to the TMP FGSC, and the idea of another FCFS model, btw?

Marauth

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 02:29:30 pm »
Go to that moonraker page and you'll see he made a TMP version of the NCL (the Kearsarge) but not of the NCA - it's the same ship but with an extended rear hull, bigger impulse engines and a third nacelle below the new pseudo-secondary hull.

I think Nightstorm made something similar using Moonraker's NCL though it's not exact and since Eras of War is down I don't know where to get it now. I think someone put all those ships on the Starfleet Universe.

FireSoul

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004, 02:52:30 pm »
Quote:

Go to that moonraker page and you'll see he made a TMP version of the NCL (the Kearsarge) but not of the NCA - it's the same ship but with an extended rear hull, bigger impulse engines and a third nacelle below the new pseudo-secondary hull.

I think Nightstorm made something similar using Moonraker's NCL though it's not exact and since Eras of War is down I don't know where to get it now. I think someone put all those ships on the Starfleet Universe.  

I don't see a Kearsarge at the link above, nor a ship that looks like you described.. sorry.

Marauth

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2004, 04:41:26 pm »
Quote:

I don't see a Kearsarge at the link above, nor a ship that looks like you described.. sorry.  

It's the ship directly below the Chicago class, it's labeled 'New Light Cruiser', it is his interpretation of a TMP Kearsarge NCL so obviously it's not exactly like the SFB version. Nightstorm made alternate regs for the Kearsarge and another ship which had a third nacelle and some other changes but that as I said in my last post was on his Eras of War site which is down.

Crimmy

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2004, 07:11:21 pm »
Quote:

Can anyone make a kitbash out of the P81 Enterprise to make a TMP version of the Federation NCA picture below?

This is an HWD...I have the miniature....*looks again*...yeppers....heavy war destroyer...says so right here...er there.....and yes...I'd love to see a TMP version

DH123

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2004, 07:20:04 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

This is an HWD...I have the miniature....*looks again*...yeppers....heavy war destroyer...says so right here...er there.....and yes...I'd love to see a TMP version

The ship, 1523 Minas Gerais, was built originally as an NCL as per the Federation OOB 9I guess it was converted to an NCA?).

Why would an HDW be on the cover of R10?  

NannerSlug

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2004, 07:43:26 pm »
Quote:

ModelsPlease@aol.com    

what class is this?

Marauth

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2004, 07:59:09 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Nopers - that is in fact an NCA - Chicago class, the HWD (DW in SFC) is kinda different - it looks like this:

http://members.aol.com/destynova02/fdw.html

and FYI I actually have a TMP version made up and on it's way to RogueNineCH once I do the registries.

Marauth

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2004, 08:02:07 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

ModelsPlease@aol.com    

what class is this?  

It isn't one. Trident (original ) is the unofficial fandom name but it's never been seen onscreen though it was made for the DS9 battle-scenes. Many have been made but none are accurate as they're all bashes - no one bothers to model any of the stuff inbetween the engines at the rear and most add torpedo launchers and all manner of other bits and pieces.

NannerSlug

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2004, 08:24:10 pm »
well how does this look? i would like to know so i can name it.

btw, i am interested in what you might have.

NannerSlug

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2004, 08:38:43 pm »
btw, i redid this one with the proper saucer per trek. it isnt finished, though, as there is a part that has a hole in it that i dont know how to fix.

Mariner

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2004, 09:10:33 pm »
I just did a quick texture bash on Atra's NCA, and with P81's Enterprise saucer texture's, it's perfect! Better yet, even the original Enterprise neck details match up with the NCA's pseudo-hull!   I'd recommend kitbashing that model with Ent Nacelles, impulse and photons, retexturing the rest.

Here's my X-periment:

Could someone perhaps try this less extensive semi-kitbash/rebuild?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 09:15:03 pm by Mariner »

Marauth

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2004, 09:23:03 pm »
Quote:

btw, i redid this one with the proper saucer per trek. it isnt finished, though, as there is a part that has a hole in it that i dont know how to fix.  

Don't The proper saucer is an Ent-B saucer top and the bottom-half is an Excelsior saucer top. Also there are 2 Enterprise pylons in a triangular arrangement as little sense as that makes. But I don't know what all those greeblies in the back are made from unlike the Centaur which we know exactly what it is.

Edit: Sneak peek on my interpretation of the F-DW as SFC calls it - the SFB HWD:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/bwaxtor/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=10

I wish WZ would come back and grant us mortals a Miranda to fill the light cruiser slot... Not to mention we could make so many variants and kitbashes...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 09:29:06 pm by The Vampire Lestat »

Crimmy

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2004, 09:26:23 pm »
*shrug*....how the hell would I know?

NannerSlug

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2004, 09:28:06 pm »
got it fixed. ill. post later.

if you are talking about a connie kb, let me know die hard.

Captain Ron

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2004, 10:20:51 pm »

Well we are discussing this this one is the latest from Mackie, it is still in LWO formate though

ModelsPlease

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2004, 10:31:37 pm »
According to the DS9 technical manuals this is the  CHIMERA CLASS

CHIMERA CLASS

If you went by scale being that it's an Excelsior model it would be just under 400M.But,according to DS9 it's listed at 288.33Meters.
So it could function as an FCL , FFF , or FHDW .

Chimera class

The LUG RPG supplement Ship Recognition Manual, Volume 1: The Ships of Starfleet calls this class a Fast Frigate (288m long, 15 decks, in service from 2366 - corrected to 2374 by a discussion board posting from the author, Steve Long) and makes it the triple nacelled Excelsior variant from the Deep Space Nine Technical Manual. Also listed are the U.S.S. Chimera NCC-71653, U.S.S. Ta'veret NCC-71777 and the U.S.S. Janeng NCC-72146; whilst The Dominion War Sourcebook: The Files of Armageddon mentions the U.S.S. Hephaestos NCC-73469. The Portland is not mentioned at all, combined with the dates and the registries makes this all seem a bit suspect.

NCC-57418 U.S.S. Portland
History: In service in 2371.
Notes: DS9 "The Die is Cast" ref.

DH123

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2004, 10:37:48 pm »
Quote:

I just did a quick texture bash on Atra's NCA, and with P81's Enterprise saucer texture's, it's perfect! Better yet, even the original Enterprise neck details match up with the NCA's pseudo-hull!   I'd recommend kitbashing that model with Ent Nacelles, impulse and photons, retexturing the rest.

Here's my X-periment:

Dude, that would be pefect with TMP nacelles.  Can you do that?  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2004, 04:57:25 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Here's my X-periment:

Dude, that would be pefect with TMP nacelles.  Can you do that?  

Could we see a top view and if some one could swap the bridge module for a tmp bridge module it would make a better effect I think  

Mariner

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2004, 10:05:30 am »
I wish I could, but I just have MSpaint. I'm sure someone else would be better suited.

But, it doesn't look too bad with the Ent grid lines, so just imagine that.

Could someone look into this possibly?  

Azel

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2004, 11:50:28 pm »
OK here is a TMP version of the SFB TOS NCA
Hope this helps

Enjoy

Dizzy

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2004, 04:20:18 am »
Whats its ass look like?

The rest is good.

Marauth

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2004, 06:42:05 am »
Quote:

Whats its ass look like?

The rest is good.  

's one fiine pice o' arse right there

Seriously though, reminds me of the rear hull of the Soyuz, which would fit the role perfectly IMO with modifications ofcourse. I would only suggest using the cut-off engines from the Constellation class for the lower nacelle rather than just shortening it as I looks like some bad scaling at the moment. Just MO.

Azel

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2004, 03:16:38 pm »

Quote:

Seriously though, reminds me of the rear hull of the Soyuz, which would fit the role perfectly IMO with modifications ofcourse.  I would only suggest using the cut-off engines from the Constellation class for the lower nacelle rather than just shortening it as I looks like some bad scaling at the moment. Just MO.

The ventral nacelle on the SFB TOS version is like that...thats why its a that size...I cannot yous a Constellation nacelle because, believe it or not that nacelle is larger than a connie's...but I see you point

As for her rear I just TMPed the SFB miniature...the ship that you guys have posted earlier is not an NCA...but rather is an NDW ...that ship too has a very similar layout to the NCA but is much smaller...also her ventral nacelle is smaller than the 2 dorsal ones

FYI:  the Soyuz is a Frigate as is the miranda...only SFC lists a miranda as a CL...but in reality she is not.  The Soyuz is a science ship...those are not weapons on her those are sensors like the Saratoga variant from the pilot ep. of DS9

BTW: I totally go for and agree with  the "Trident"-class as an NCA...but maybe a version with Connie nacelles???
And maybe add a shuttle bay by cutting into the mesh  under the impulse assembly deck???
« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 03:21:20 pm by Azel »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2004, 03:29:04 pm »
Quote:

Well we are discussing this this one is the latest from Mackie, it is still in LWO formate though  

Please tell me that this is ready....

KF

Captain Ron

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2004, 03:45:21 pm »
Not yet he is still modifing adding to it.

Either way he now has about 4-5 ships that need converting, so it will end up back logged.

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2004, 05:12:36 pm »
Quote:

Not yet he is still modifing adding to it.

Either way he now has about 4-5 ships that need converting, so it will end up back logged.  

Lets hope this and the USS K' Tinga will be done shortly

Qapla!

KF

Marauth

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2004, 08:35:17 pm »
Quote:

The ventral nacelle on the SFB TOS version is like that...thats why its a that size...I cannot yous a Constellation nacelle because, believe it or not that nacelle is larger than a connie's...but I see you point

As for her rear I just TMPed the SFB miniature...the ship that you guys have posted earlier is not an NCA...but rather is an NDW ...that ship too has a very similar layout to the NCA but is much smaller...also her ventral nacelle is smaller than the 2 dorsal ones

FYI:  the Soyuz is a Frigate as is the miranda...only SFC lists a miranda as a CL...but in reality she is not.  The Soyuz is a science ship...those are not weapons on her those are sensors like the Saratoga variant from the pilot ep. of DS9

BTW: I totally go for and agree with  the "Trident"-class as an NCA...but maybe a version with Connie nacelles???
And maybe add a shuttle bay by cutting into the mesh  under the impulse assembly deck???

To my knowledge only FASA (and possibly SOTSF/Jackhills - not sure on that one) lists the Miranda as a frigate and in FASA frigates are more powerful than CLs - this is due to FASA using a different set of naval terminology to SFB/C. Also we don't know what those pods are - they may be weapons as it was never really explained in the 30 seconds the ship was onscreen.

Further the Miranda is WAAAAAY to big - in simple mass terms not to mention the amount of clearly visible firepower that it posseses in the 18 phaser banks (including the ones on the rollbar - megaphasers my arse) and the dual forward and aft firing torpedos - it outguns an Enterprise class heavy cruiser. So unless we're following FASA nomenclature then the Miranda in standard form would actually be pretty much equivalent to and NCA.

As it is SFCII has the F-NCM - the sort of accurate to the film version of the Miranda as similar in stats to an NCC The Miranda is a lot more capable than we give credit for. The Soyuz lacks the 4 phaser turrets and 4 torpedos from the rollbar not to mention the phasers under the impulse engine that no one spots anyway so it's no where near as capable in combat simply because of the lack of punch from no torpedos and the lack of phaser coverage.

My ?0.02

Azel

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2004, 10:35:15 pm »

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI: the Soyuz is a Frigate as is the miranda...only SFC lists a miranda as a CL...but in reality she is not. The Soyuz is a science ship...those are not weapons on her those are sensors like the Saratoga variant from the pilot ep. of DS9

BTW: I totally go for and agree with the "Trident"-class as an NCA...but maybe a version with Connie nacelles???
And maybe add a shuttle bay by cutting into the mesh under the impulse assembly deck???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To my knowledge only FASA (and possibly SOTSF/Jackhills - not sure on that one) lists the Miranda as a frigate and in FASA frigates are more powerful than CLs - this is due to FASA using a different set of naval terminology to SFB/C. Also we don't know what those pods are - they may be weapons as it was never really explained in the 30 seconds the ship was onscreen.

Further the Miranda is WAAAAAY to big - in simple mass terms not to mention the amount of clearly visible firepower that it posseses in the 18 phaser banks (including the ones on the rollbar - megaphasers my arse) and the dual forward and aft firing torpedos - it outguns an Enterprise class heavy cruiser. So unless we're following FASA nomenclature then the Miranda in standard form would actually be pretty much equivalent to and NCA.

As it is SFCII has the F-NCM - the sort of accurate to the film version of the Miranda as similar in stats to an NCC The Miranda is a lot more capable than we give credit for. The Soyuz lacks the 4 phaser turrets and 4 torpedos from the rollbar not to mention the phasers under the impulse engine that no one spots anyway so it's no where near as capable in combat simply because of the lack of punch from no torpedos and the lack of phaser coverage.

My ?0.02  

You are correct in the weapon number of the Reliant and possible firepower(if we assume that the miranda and connie have the exact same phaser types...I agree to this). but in real Naval terms the Connie is an Explorer vessel and is classified by the Klingons(ST3) as a Battlecruiser...the Miranda is a Frigate...Frigates are more "powerful" ships...but are mission specific...(Connie's are multimission)hence all the Types of Frigates in the NAVY.
It is a similar agument to the Galaxy vs. Sovie...Galaxy is a multimission explorer...the Sovie is a warship "heavy deterent cruiser"
Also Frigates are patrollers not deepspace mission ships...Explorers are...Constellation, Early Excelsiors, Connies, and Ambassadors to name a few

As for the Soyuz and Sarratoga...those are sensors not weapons...as it was stated in ST the magazine(not a conon source true, but the closest)

I say the Trident/Medusa Class is the most worthy choice...due to the size and era of tech...not to mention configuration

DH123

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2004, 02:25:57 pm »
Bump    

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2004, 05:50:02 am »
I'm interested in knowing what is going on with this request    

Azel

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2004, 11:36:08 am »

Quote:

I'm interested in knowing what is going on with this request  

Aye me too  

FireSoul

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2004, 11:55:59 am »
same..

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2004, 01:15:45 pm »
dido

Dizzy

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2004, 02:38:48 pm »
"..."

DH123

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2004, 06:17:16 pm »
Quote:

OK here is a TMP version of the SFB TOS NCA
Hope this helps

Enjoy

That is perfect!  PLEASE somebody kitbash this from the P81 Connie!!!!!    

Dizzy

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2004, 07:40:52 pm »
We need an ass shot. Always get the ass shot. What do they teach in College these days?

DH, the lower warp engine is like mini-me. Its disgustingly small.

FireSoul

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2004, 09:34:08 pm »
Quote:

We need an ass shot. Always get the ass shot. What do they teach in College these days?

DH, the lower warp engine is like mini-me. Its disgustingly small.  

The side warps offer 12 power each. The one under only offers 6. It *IS* small.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2004, 04:51:24 am »
Adding my $.02      So what's going on with this ship?
-MP  

DH123

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2004, 12:54:23 pm »
Quote:

-MP  

Us pothetic non-moddling Mooks are trying to find somebody who can Kit-bash a TMP Chicago Class from the P81 Connie.   Still looking for a modder to do it.  

FireSoul

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2004, 01:07:35 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

-MP  

Us pothetic non-moddling Mooks are trying to find somebody who can Kit-bash a TMP Chicago Class from the P81 Connie.   Still looking for a modder to do it.  

There's a perfectly good reason why I don't do Fed ships: the standards are too high.. sorry, Pass it on to the next person.

Marauth

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2004, 02:42:44 pm »
Too high? LOL P81's stuff is crap in comparison to some of the stuff that's come out in recent times, Not to mention that hideous exagerated bump-mapping.

Dizzy

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2004, 05:04:57 pm »
Look, tvl, we will settle for what we can get...

DH123

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2004, 05:34:15 pm »
Quote:

Too high? LOL P81's stuff is crap in comparison to some of the stuff that's come out in recent times, Not to mention that hideous exagerated bump-mapping.  

Please enlighten my feeble mind and show me some TMP Federation ships that look better than P81s.  

Marauth

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2004, 05:40:52 pm »
Certainly - WickedZombie45's ships have been many times superior for quite some time now - the TMP Enterprise being only one example:

http://www.nightsoftware.com/omega/drs/index2.htm

Here's the link - there's loads more feds of all eras - all far superior to P81's work and some Klinks, Roms and even an Andromedan. Not to mention Skinman's TMP feds were very good, but I don't know where they're hosted, if at all.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2004, 02:45:24 am »
Count me in as one of the  pathetic shleps who have only Mastered the  Vulcan D/L Technique a.k.a left clicking on the mouse   And personally I dig just about all the ships I've seen from the community here.I want them all.And I want more and more of them.I think it was Azel who recently said "Fresh Ideas from young minds." I agree.Now having said this.Someone  PLEASE  kitbash this so us Shleppies can get to flying it  Thank You
-MP
---------------------------------
" I'm a Model Junkie always in search of my next model fix "
 ModelsPlease@aol.com    

DH123

« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2004, 10:49:55 am »
Pity bump    

ModelsPlease

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2004, 03:33:51 am »
  Doing da Bump  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2004, 10:55:19 pm »
Bumping along    

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2004, 05:19:52 am »
Time for a   Any news or takers on this beauty Azel would you mind if I drew up some cad schematics of your design you would get credit for the design of course?  

Azel

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2004, 12:51:34 pm »

Quote:

Time for a  Any news or takers on this beauty  Azel would you mind if I drew up some cad schematics of your design you would get credit for the design of course?  

Are you kidding

OF COURSE!!!
I would be Honored  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2004, 02:32:13 am »
Bump  

Cmdr_Kell

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2004, 09:00:29 pm »
Bump  

Dizzy

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2004, 03:16:59 pm »
A "C'mon this ship is deserving of a good modeler", BUMP!

Wolfsglen

« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2004, 06:41:38 pm »
(Pic Removed, links to some further down)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 03:40:23 am by Wolfsglen »

ModelsPlease

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2004, 06:50:00 pm »
Quote:

Anything like this?  I havent got around to trying out a saucer replacement yet, but the bridge and sensor dome is off a TMP Connie:

Heck yes ,that's awesome work.I'm glad to see someone building this ship.

-MP  

Dizzy

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2004, 07:04:29 pm »
Yeah, but cant the top warp engines up vertically. It looks too much like the ugly stock Fed FF.

Its getting there. Its different than the spec drawing.

Wolfsglen

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2004, 07:09:38 pm »
Engines up actually looked worse, gave it a "spindly" look that was just plain boring  lol.

Keep in mind this was a 10 minute bash i did, to show how easy it can be done, i have several other things need finishing before this one gets a proper look in yet  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2004, 09:03:50 pm »
Quote:

Engines up actually looked worse, gave it a "spindly" look that was just plain boring  lol.

Keep in mind this was a 10 minute bash i did, to show how easy it can be done, i have several other things need finishing before this one gets a proper look in yet    

10 minutes??????? Holy crap.Ummmm if you could spare 10 minutes sir I have a ship that needs bashing please.I have everything needed but the talent.

-MP  

Wolfsglen

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2004, 09:53:56 am »
I can certainly have a try, PM or email me with the details and ill see what i can do over the weekend  

And i will be working on the TMP Chicago again when i get time, so dont give up wishing hehe.

Larson will be up for download in a few hours too.

Chrystoff

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2004, 10:38:30 am »
I like your TMP refit Chicago. Lookin' real good! I'd love to have that in my fleet, right next to Atra's original. I hope you'll release this!!    

Wolfsglen

« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2004, 10:50:45 am »
Well that one above uses a lot of Atra's original, thats why i wont release it until i have permission hehe. No way i could model anything as good as his work.

But yes i will get around to finishing it up, i might release it with both angled and straight top engines so you can all pick and choose...plus i have a plan to add a torpedo/weapons pod (like the miranda) on the lower engine.

Main thing really needs work is to use a different saucer section, which is the trickiest bit i have encountered so far, which is why i put a modern bridge and sensor dome on it just for now (cheapskate shortcut)  

Mariner

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2004, 11:53:49 am »
You know, you might just be able to use the P81 Enterprise textures on the saucer, because it looks good enough as is modelwise.   I have an example pic of this, but I'm at school right now so it'll have to wait.

IMO, the torps should be on the bottom dome of the saucer, since putting them on the lower engine wouldn't look right. But, maybe I'll figure out how to kitbash with M6 someday (after it quits crapping out on me )

I"m sure Atra would let you, just as long as you give credit IIRC.

Wolfsglen

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2004, 01:07:46 pm »
Hmm good idea Mariner, im gonna have a play with the saucer later with your idea  

Wolfsglen

« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2004, 02:54:37 pm »
(Pics Removed, links to some further down)

« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 03:41:45 am by Wolfsglen »

Wolfsglen

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2004, 03:48:38 pm »
PS: i wont be using the constellation saucer..it was just a way of testing and learning a few new things, so no heart attacks please, Mariner already gave me my final ideas

Mariner

« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2004, 12:39:02 pm »
Wolfsglen has asked me to post his more recent update pics, and I have, but on another forum.

The F-NCA topic is here, because I'm NOT wasting my time typing out those links, so happy surfing.

The SFB Chicago TMP-Refit: WIP - A Wolfsglen Production  

Atrahasis

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2004, 12:53:00 pm »
LOL My feelings about the F-NCA design in general is that Gene should be rolling over in his grave because it breaks some special ship design rules he had (before anyone points it out, yes I do know he was cremated.)

One thing I'll recommend, though: According to SFB lore, the tiny third warp engine on the bottom was a Frigate engine from probably a Burke, and I believe they may even have been cannibalized because the entire F-NCA design was an augmented Light Cruiser built at the same yards the Light Cruisers used to be built.....and so if you're making a TMP version, you may not necessarily have to make that third engine a dinky one, but a full-sized one would be OK. After all, TMP ships at that time wewre probably not cannibalized, it was all-new tech. If you were a Starfleet engineer and you could stick a full third engine on there, hey why not do it?  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Atrahasis »

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2004, 01:50:21 pm »
   It would use up more energy that way Two naccelles are just enough fot any ship it doesn't make it go any faster with three.It would be like putting another engine on a Boeing 767.

Just my 0.2 cents worth  

FireSoul

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2004, 01:52:32 pm »
Quote:

It would use up more energy that way Two naccelles are just enough fot any ship it doesn't make it go any faster with three.It would be like putting another engine on a Boeing 767.

Just my 0.2 cents worth    

They don't. However, the ship has more power. Slow down a bit and all photons can be loaded.

FireSoul

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2004, 03:11:42 pm »
Quote:

LOL My feelings about the F-NCA design in general is that Gene should be rolling over in his grave because it breaks some special ship design rules he had (before anyone points it out, yes I do know he was cremated.)

One thing I'll recommend, though: According to SFB lore, the tiny third warp engine on the bottom was a Frigate engine from probably a Burke, and I believe they may even have been cannibalized because the entire F-NCA design was an augmented Light Cruiser built at the same yards the Light Cruisers used to be built.....and so if you're making a TMP version, you may not necessarily have to make that third engine a dinky one, but a full-sized one would be OK. After all, TMP ships at that time wewre probably not cannibalized, it was all-new tech. If you were a Starfleet engineer and you could stick a full third engine on there, hey why not do it?  

I would still use a small engine. Looks better and is more accurate as per the SSDs.

Mariner

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2004, 05:51:12 pm »
There's more updates at the SCN page FYI.

More to come.

Wolfsglen

« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2004, 12:00:30 pm »
Variant with pod finished and ready to roll soon, just got to grovel at Atrahasis' feet so i can release  

PS: There is pics of a version with the bottom nacelle at full size in the link Mariner posted to EAS above, this version is finished and ready also.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Wolfsglen »

Chrystoff

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2004, 01:38:31 pm »
Oh, Man, am I lovin' that! That looks terrific!  

Wolfsglen

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2004, 03:16:15 pm »
Couple of the 3-conventional-size engines version:

Rhaz

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2004, 04:23:02 pm »
Wow    I haven't been keeping up with this thread, until today and I am floored by the progress on the TMP-chichago.

I really lie both versions (2 nacelle w/ weapons pod and the 3 (full sized) engines)

Please, Atra, let it be released!

Wolfsglen

« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2004, 04:29:01 pm »
Hehe thank you guys, i'll get around to finding out how to contact the guys whose parts i borrowed for permission soon, im having trouble locating some of them, so if anyone can help out, let me know.

There will be 4 versions:

1: Regular Refit Chicago, no major changes other than parts upgrades, small underside warp engine (like the original had)
2: Refit Chicago with extra weapons/sensor pod, no underside warp engine
3: Refit Chicago with under-nose mounted torpedo launcher (thanks to Mariner for suggesting that, turned out great!) and underside small warp engine
4: Refit Chicago with under-nose torp launcher and full-length underside warp engine

Should be somethingfor everyone there  

Working credits list (has people i need to contact and some who are ok with their models being used as long as credits are given, they are included here as well)

USS Chicago New Heavy Cruiser, TMP Era Refit Variants

Based on an original design from StarFleet Battles

--PLEASE KEEP THESE CREDITS WITH THE MODELS--

Credits: (Pod Version)

Original Mesh and Textures from Models by Atrahasis, Moonraker and Nightstorm.
New textures and work by P-81, Ganymad and The DuctTapeWonder.
Kitbashing, Hardpoint Tweaks and extra Texture Work by Wolfsglen

Credits: (3 Engined Version)

Original Mesh and Textures by Atrahasis
Extra textures (Saucer and Warp) and Parts by P-81
Kitbashing, Hardpoint Tweaks and extra Texture Work by Wolfsglen

.BRK Models for all versions by Wolfsglen.

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2004, 04:33:18 pm »
Quote:

Hehe thank you guys, i'll get around to finding out how to contact the guys whose parts i borrowed for permission soon, im having trouble locating some of them, so if anyone can help out, let me know.

I believe P81 gave blanket approval for the use of his models and pieces of his models in kitbashing.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2004, 04:34:19 pm »
Wolfsglen please read this thread.......

Generic Permissions

A few of the permissions you seek are already there.

-MP  

Wolfsglen

« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2004, 04:36:16 pm »
Thanks ya guys, noted   Tis the other fellows im not sure of at the moment, i really dont want to think of releasing without knowing i have their approval first.

The_Infiltrator

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2004, 07:27:30 am »
It should be noted that all you need is to remove the lower warp engine and you'll also have the SFB NCL as well.

FireSoul

« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2004, 08:32:08 am »
Quote:

It should be noted that all you need is to remove the lower warp engine and you'll also have the SFB NCL as well.  

Not quite. The rear hull extension was shorter on the NCL..

Chrystoff

« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2004, 08:39:03 am »
Quote:

I agree...A 2 engine version would be pretty cool. Wolfsglen, might you consider a 2 engine version of this lovely ship?    

Wolfsglen

« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2004, 08:52:50 am »
Already in hand gents   A refit of the NCL along the lines of the Chicago above is on my list for the future, Atra's models are too good for me to resist  if i can get permission to release I will probably start it after i finish the next ship that was requested - an Akula based on Ambassador parts and another project im struggling on as well.

Still need help locating some of the guys in my credits list above, they arent in the "Permissions" thread and im having probs locating them, so any help would be appreciated, as the 4 chicago variants are all ready to go once i test the brk model for each of them and get permission from them and Atra.