Topic: CoreEdit  (Read 13570 times)

awm3

CoreEdit
« on: February 22, 2003, 11:12:46 pm »
 .    In this thread I stated that I am currently working on a utility, CoreEdit, for modifying SFC III's DefaultCore.txt and DefaultLoadOut.txt files and that I would try to provide a screenshot of the program at it's current state of development.  Well, here it is....

.    As you can see there is still much work to be done (right now I am working on the hardpoint settings (angle, type, etc.)), and since I am working on this in my spare time it will still be a few weeks before I release a beta version.  Anyways, I just thought I would throw this out there and let people know about this project.  

Rod O'neal

Re: CoreEdit
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 11:55:58 pm »
This is truly fantastic!!!!! Of course you do know how we are around here? I hope you don't mind being "bumped" for progress a lot. 'Cause you know we will  Really though, thanks so much for doing this work for everyone  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 01:01:10 am »
EXCELLENT!

Would it be possible for you to, LATER, do a version with TOS/TMP era symbols?

FOR EXAMPLE AND FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES:

Romulan with SFC/ Klingon Academy style symbol : http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~klingonacademy/forum/images/site/rsym.gif

Mirak instead of Cardassian: SFC style : http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/omega/fleetdock13/hyd.jpg

Lyran instead of "biohazard" SFC Style: http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/omega/fleetdock13/lsa.jpg

Personally, IMHO, the Mirak/Lyrans are "K'zinti" anyway and I prefer to see them unified as in my TMP Mods so, for me either symbol could cover both races in my specfile AND that would free up a slot for something like:

The Alternate Universe Imperials : http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/altuniverse_logo.gif

Andromedan instead of  Borg SFB Style like on this ship: http://www.sfbnexus.com/Andromedan/And_Int1_thumb.gif

ISC instead of ??? SFC Style: http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/omega/fleetdock13/isc.jpg

Gorn instead of ??? FOUR Choices:

SFC/Klingon Academy style: http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~klingonacademy/forum/images/site/gsym.gif

OR  

FASA Style: http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/other_govts/gorn_symbol.gif

OR

This strange one: http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/gorn_logo.gif

OR

Leave them alone under the default "Romulans"; my choice, not a preference mind you, but there are only so many symbols that can be put in to your program...

Hydran instead of "Map hex": SFC style : http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/omega/fleetdock13/hyd.jpg

Tholian instead of Ferengi : TWO Choices:

I prefer the  Klingon Academy style snowflake/crystal http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~klingonacademy/forum/images/site/tsym.gif

OR

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/tholian_logo.gif

I can't imagine this symbol change/mini-project would be too hard compared to how you have this set up right now.

If you do do this, you will be in the enviable position of basically setting up for the SFC Community where these races will be MORE EASILY set up in just about any SFB/TOS/TMP mod that is created AFTER your editor is released.

Heghlu ' meH QaQ jajvam

(Today is a good day to die)

Qa Pla!

KF

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

Scipio_66

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 01:18:24 am »
Hey, very nice.  It looks as if you are doing some cool work.  Thanks for sharing!  I know everyone will be most interested to see your progress on this one.

-S'Cipio  

Praxis

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 01:19:30 am »
Quote:

.    In this thread I stated that I am currently working on a utility, CoreEdit, for modifying SFC III's DefaultCore.txt and DefaultLoadOut.txt files and that I would try to provide a screenshot of the program at it's current state of development.  Well, here it is....

.    As you can see there is still much work to be done (right now I am working on the hardpoint settings (angle, type, etc.)), and since I am working on this in my spare time it will still be a few weeks before I release a beta version.  Anyways, I just thought I would throw this out there and let people know about this project.    

Sweet Cool Fantastic Amazing WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...what?  A few weeks?
 NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO >takes breath< OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO >starts panting< OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >collapses from exhaustion<
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Praxis »

DarkMatrix

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 05:47:19 am »
its looking great cant wait too see more

DM

James Formo

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2003, 05:50:01 am »
Splendid job thus far awm3.  

Stylsy

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2003, 05:59:49 am »
Excellent work, cant wait to see more!

MrCue

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2003, 07:03:43 am »
good luck with the program.

You are doing the community a great favour

Daew Anahos

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2003, 10:13:44 am »
Please keep working on this! Looks cool!

: Drools on his computer :  

DarkMatrix

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2003, 04:51:27 pm »
bump.......

DM

zaniwhoop2

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2003, 06:26:43 pm »
Looks very nice, keep up the good work. I like the tabbed interface too.

Chris Jones

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2003, 09:23:37 pm »
OMFG

FINISH FINISH FINSH!

our new  'shipedit'  !!!

You will be a hero!!

WAY KOOL!

Tulmahk

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2003, 11:01:51 pm »
I will say again what I've said before about the members of this gaming community:

They take an OK game and truly make it into something great!

Here's another fine example of this in action.  Bravo!  It looks wonderful, I hope you can get it out soon!

Oh, and when's your first patch due?    

CptCastrin

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2003, 10:11:29 am »
awm3, if you need a place to host / mirror the beta (or finished) product just say the word. SFCx will be glad to help out.

Great work dude!  

Can't wait till this is out, it will fill a big hole. Now all we need is a mission editor. <hint hint, wink wink.>    

DarkMatrix

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2003, 11:14:55 am »
offer goes for unimatrix-one too more than happy to host

bump......

DM

MrCue

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2003, 11:16:38 am »
bump, you can add battleclinic.com to that list

Johnny23

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2003, 04:10:37 pm »
This looks to beone the greatest utilities ever. Awesome Job.

Johnny23

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2003, 04:12:27 pm »

awm3

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2003, 08:10:48 pm »
Hello, all!

.    I just thought I would mention something.  I am a full-time student and have many things other than SFC that demand my attention.  This project is something on which I am working on in my spare time, and so depending on what else happens work on it may slow down or speed up.

That being said, I fully intend to make a beta version available as soon as time allows, and I hope to post occasional status reports on my progress.

.    It was the modability of SFC (starting with the SFC I demo) that really got me interested in programming and web design, so I look on this as my way of giving back to this great community .

I realize that many people are eagerly awaiting a release (after all, so am I - I started writing it because I wanted to use it too  ), but for now all I can say is that it will get here when it gets here.

So long for now,

awm3  

Praxis

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2003, 03:10:37 am »
If you're a student, see if you can get some credits for successfully completing this program  

DarkMatrix

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2003, 11:34:00 am »
bump......

DM

DarkMatrix

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2003, 08:11:35 pm »
bump.....................

Praxis

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2003, 04:43:04 am »
bumpedy bump!!!

DarkMatrix

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2003, 11:16:04 am »
any news on this????

DM

Praxis

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2003, 12:49:40 pm »
I'll do anything...you can beta test the mod i'm working!  PLEASE finish it!  

awm3

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2003, 08:16:44 pm »
Hello again,

.    CoreEdit is proceeding, but slowly, as I have been busy with coursework.  Also, last week I caught a nasty cold which kept me pretty tired, so not a lot happened then.  However, do not lose hope work on CoreEdit continues....

So long for now,

awm3

Magnum357

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2003, 02:12:10 am »
Man!  Your a lifesaver!  I've been hoping someone would create an Edit program for SFC3.  I have Eagles Eye for SFC:OP but this new SFC3 game is just a pain in the butt editing stuff by hand (ie. one file and line at a time).  Your untility program should definitly come in handy for most of the community here.  I bookmarked this post to keep up with your progress.  Good luck!    

Praxis

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2003, 02:44:34 am »
Any idea of a date when it'll come out?  Man i'm excited about this  

awm3

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2003, 08:46:49 pm »
Hello again,

.    At the current time I do not want to commit myself to a specific timeframe as my schedule is rather variable.  Besides, I think that dirt would disagree with me  !

So long for now,

awm3

Praxis

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2003, 03:22:26 am »
hehe

MarianoDT

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2003, 03:56:19 pm »
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !

I want it now!!!!!!!!!!  

Nagoth

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2003, 03:31:08 pm »
Dude!

With Ship edit stopping at sfc2 and the new shiplist written in greek I kinda was shot down about SFC3.

No offence to Taldren, But low res sucks and I thought I was stuck with it. Plus I wanted to add the Star Trek universe to the game. If I ever did get IQ pills Rocket Science coarses or a Brain work out machine and did figure it out - I would still have toooooo many models, and not enough time. That and massive hair loss due to pulling it out on a regular basis.

I thank you  

The Rocket Scientist thank you  

and my hair thanks you.    

MarianoDT

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2003, 04:52:12 pm »
aNY NEWS ?  

Praxis

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2003, 06:59:16 am »
Core-Edit!  Core-Edit!

Seriously, i'm depending on CoreEdit for a mod i'm working on.  Can't do the specs (and i don't want to make Chris Jones do them as the poor guy already has a busy year ahead) until CoreEdit comes out, and i'm moving in about 2-3 months- then i'll have to wait 6 weeks for my stuff to arrive, a few more weeks to get Cable or DSL...  I NEED to get the mod done soon.  I beg you on my knees, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE finish coreedit!

Nagoth

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2003, 10:21:56 pm »
Was on Patrol in deep space - To deep for this post to be there.  

Suiric

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2003, 07:28:54 am »
 In order to help speed the process up I am willing to donate all of my Byzantine Empire and Byzantine Thelogy research and papers to the cause.....course most  of the world didnt take these fascinating but useless classes. I understand if they might not be of any assistance to you.....

I am too am dying to see Core Edit,, I was too busy reading about Romanus Lecapnus when I should have been tinkering with my favorite games,, and learning to do stuff like this...
If I forget to say this later THANK YOU!!!!

Pestalence

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2003, 07:18:13 pm »
Quote:

Dude!

With Ship edit stopping at sfc2 and the new shiplist written in greek I kinda was shot down about SFC3.

No offence to Taldren, But low res sucks and I thought I was stuck with it....

after patching with the Beta Version of the patch, go into your SFC.INI file and find :

[UI]
UIType=0
QuickTip=1
Grid=0
OrderDelay=30
HeadingDisplay=0
SkipUpsell=1
ASCIICharacterSet=0
Language=English
TacDisplayRes=6

change TacDisplayRes=6 to TacDisplayRes=(enter number up to but not over 75 here)

play game to see if Resolution is too high as to cause lag or slow down, re-adjust setting as necessary for a nice looking smooth game....

Nagoth

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2003, 04:37:36 pm »
COOL i'll give it a try  

Nagoth

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2003, 01:30:59 pm »
    Priority Message    

Klingon High Command  

To our most Honorable Scientist working on the Secret Project  "CoreEdit"
We desire an update on your most noble task. The enemies of our Empire are growing Daily.  This project would put the control we need in our commanders hands for a quick and devistating blow to the dishonorable who would attack our fleets and capture our worlds

Our fate is in your hands

Captain Ron

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2003, 02:03:26 pm »
Hmmm....

Any news?

awm3

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2003, 10:40:27 am »
.    Right now I am just getting geared up for my final exams as well as finishing up end of term projects and such, so I haven't much time to work on CoreEdit.  I should be able to really resume work shortly before the end of April (I will try to do a little bit now and then in the intervening time).

awm3

Nagoth

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2003, 08:00:12 pm »
We don't need no education... We don't need no thought control... Hey teacher leave this kid alone!      

jimmi7769

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2003, 09:13:00 pm »
Quote:

We don't need no education... We don't need no thought control... Hey teacher leave this kid alone!      

No doubt, Damn wakko liberal teachers

Praxis

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2003, 10:59:18 am »
Please please PLEASE have a beta of CoreEdit out within 1 month.  In two months i am moving and won't have my computer for 6 weeks minimum so i really really want to have Sci-fi Bashfest SFC3 done before i leave.

manitoba

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2003, 07:59:27 pm »
boy oh boy cant wait for it either. this is going to be the greatest tool yet  

Captain Ron

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2003, 02:53:04 pm »

Well thanks for the update
I for one know what a heavy schedule is all about, So I understand why you have not been able to work on it. I think you are completely correct in putting your future at the head of the list. I would also like to thank you for the efforts you have put into it so far and for the work you are planning for it in the future.

MarianoDT

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2003, 03:02:45 pm »
Every time I see this thread with a new post, my heart stop for a second.....just to realise that it is not finished yet.
Man, if you want me to live enough to see it working, please hurry.....!!!  

Now seriously. Thank you very much for your effort and spending your time to make the game easier to mod.

Mariano  

Suiric

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2003, 03:14:03 pm »
  Mariano I know what you mean although it  pains me to post this, since I realize that several people will be dangerously close to heart failure reading this... FOr all of our overall health and the the sanity of the Creator of Core Edit..May the starry heavens bless his work...I wish we could let it go, but alas it draws us in...<slaps himself across the face, keep it together Man!!>      

Nagoth

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2003, 10:50:07 pm »
bump bump...bump bump...bump....... bump  

Reptor7

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2003, 02:59:30 pm »
Bump'a de bump!  

Praxis

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2003, 09:58:37 am »
bump...bump...BUMP...

Suiric

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2003, 12:01:35 pm »
 Praxis you'll be in the process of  moving when we get this just face it!!!! hehehhe <continues with the evil cackles>    

Reverend

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2003, 06:07:26 pm »
Bump v 2.0  

Nagoth

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2003, 10:54:56 am »
Bump!  

Nagoth

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2003, 03:15:15 pm »

BUMP??PMUB

Wheres the Beef?

Reverend

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2003, 09:18:52 am »
How's progress? I am finishing exams this week... wondering if you got anything to speak of.... I mysel was hoping CoreEdit will have modifiable AI slots- I have been playing with these capacities and making many mistakes- CoreEdit will drastically shorten my screw-up time, allowing for multiple mistakes and errors anll in one day! Hooray!

awm3

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2003, 06:00:26 pm »

Reverend

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2003, 03:17:29 pm »
I don't mean to nag, AWM3; thank you....

good luck on finals... I know Im going to need it!  

Captain Ron

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2003, 04:08:52 am »
Any new news, BTW how did the finals go?

awm3

« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2003, 01:01:32 pm »
CoreEdit is progressing well.  I hope to have a beta out sometime soon, but I think you will understand if I don't give any specific dates .  Exams are...over with, and I think I did well enough to get into the program that I want to this fall .

awm3

Praxis

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2003, 10:19:35 am »
*gives 2 week time limit*

Please, PLEASE finish it within two weeks, before they take my computers away and I have to move! I want to DL it to my laptop so i can work on my mod on the go...

Thanks  

Praxis

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2003, 11:17:48 am »
The movers are coming to take my computer away tomorrow...noooo!  Last chance, while i still have ADSL, for me to DL it to my laptop...:(

Goodbye....

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2004, 03:51:29 pm »
its been a real long time since anyone bumped this but Klingon Fanatic and myself dont seem to have any infomation as if to this was ever completed if so where is it, if not will anyone take  the challenge to make it and complete it

Praxis

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2004, 12:52:02 am »
Wow, this is old...

I want a CoreEdit!

At least an updated version that'll work with the new patch!

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2004, 02:11:32 am »
Is there ever going to be an update for this Coreedit program, I thought he said no

adam out

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2004, 06:07:01 am »
Quote:

Is there ever going to be an update for this Coreedit program, I thought he said no

adam out  

Where is the link to the BETA Core Edit?

KF

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2004, 06:02:10 pm »
I sent awm3 an e-mail regarding the Core Edit program. Maybe he'll e-mail me back or post an update here?

If I find out anything I'll post here.

KF
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 06:03:05 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2004, 06:32:48 pm »
Well find out soon, hopefully

adam out

manitoba

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2004, 11:49:15 pm »
hate to dissapoint everyone. but from what i heard just have a beta was out and it wasnt getting dane after that. ill see if i can that article again.  

manitoba

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2004, 11:59:01 pm »
Quote:

hate to dissapoint everyone. but from what i heard just have a beta was out and it wasnt getting dane after that. ill see if i can that article again.  

look at these. as i have been watching for awhile on this too.

his main site
http://xhalon.tripod.com/

his other post on coredit

http://forums.taldren.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=79865&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

enjoy looks like everyone else will be waiting like me still. oh yeah dont forget it will need a patch also cause now of v500 and v531 with ship sizes in them

awm3

CoreEdit
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2003, 11:12:46 pm »

Rod O'neal

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2003, 11:55:58 pm »
This is truly fantastic!!!!! Of course you do know how we are around here? I hope you don't mind being "bumped" for progress a lot. 'Cause you know we will  Really though, thanks so much for doing this work for everyone  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2003, 01:01:10 am »
EXCELLENT!

Would it be possible for you to, LATER, do a version with TOS/TMP era symbols?

FOR EXAMPLE AND FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES:

Romulan with SFC/ Klingon Academy style symbol : http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~klingonacademy/forum/images/site/rsym.gif

Mirak instead of Cardassian: SFC style : http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/omega/fleetdock13/hyd.jpg

Lyran instead of "biohazard" SFC Style: http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/omega/fleetdock13/lsa.jpg

Personally, IMHO, the Mirak/Lyrans are "K'zinti" anyway and I prefer to see them unified as in my TMP Mods so, for me either symbol could cover both races in my specfile AND that would free up a slot for something like:

The Alternate Universe Imperials : http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/altuniverse_logo.gif

Andromedan instead of  Borg SFB Style like on this ship: http://www.sfbnexus.com/Andromedan/And_Int1_thumb.gif

ISC instead of ??? SFC Style: http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/omega/fleetdock13/isc.jpg

Gorn instead of ??? FOUR Choices:

SFC/Klingon Academy style: http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~klingonacademy/forum/images/site/gsym.gif

OR  

FASA Style: http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/other_govts/gorn_symbol.gif

OR

This strange one: http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/gorn_logo.gif

OR

Leave them alone under the default "Romulans"; my choice, not a preference mind you, but there are only so many symbols that can be put in to your program...

Hydran instead of "Map hex": SFC style : http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/omega/fleetdock13/hyd.jpg

Tholian instead of Ferengi : TWO Choices:

I prefer the  Klingon Academy style snowflake/crystal http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~klingonacademy/forum/images/site/tsym.gif

OR

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/tholian_logo.gif

I can't imagine this symbol change/mini-project would be too hard compared to how you have this set up right now.

If you do do this, you will be in the enviable position of basically setting up for the SFC Community where these races will be MORE EASILY set up in just about any SFB/TOS/TMP mod that is created AFTER your editor is released.

Heghlu ' meH QaQ jajvam

(Today is a good day to die)

Qa Pla!

KF

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

Scipio_66

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2003, 01:18:24 am »
Hey, very nice.  It looks as if you are doing some cool work.  Thanks for sharing!  I know everyone will be most interested to see your progress on this one.

-S'Cipio  

Praxis

« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2003, 01:19:30 am »
Quote:

Sweet Cool Fantastic Amazing WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...what?  A few weeks?
 NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO >takes breath< OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO >starts panting< OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >collapses from exhaustion<
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Praxis »

DarkMatrix

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2003, 05:47:19 am »
its looking great cant wait too see more

DM

James Formo

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2003, 05:50:01 am »
Splendid job thus far awm3.  

Stylsy

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2003, 05:59:49 am »
Excellent work, cant wait to see more!

MrCue

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2003, 07:03:43 am »
good luck with the program.

You are doing the community a great favour

Daew Anahos

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2003, 10:13:44 am »
Please keep working on this! Looks cool!

: Drools on his computer :  

DarkMatrix

« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2003, 04:51:27 pm »
bump.......

DM

zaniwhoop2

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2003, 06:26:43 pm »
Looks very nice, keep up the good work. I like the tabbed interface too.

Chris Jones

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2003, 09:23:37 pm »
OMFG

FINISH FINISH FINSH!

our new  'shipedit'  !!!

You will be a hero!!

WAY KOOL!

Tulmahk

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2003, 11:01:51 pm »
I will say again what I've said before about the members of this gaming community:

They take an OK game and truly make it into something great!

Here's another fine example of this in action.  Bravo!  It looks wonderful, I hope you can get it out soon!

Oh, and when's your first patch due?    

CptCastrin

« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2003, 10:11:29 am »
awm3, if you need a place to host / mirror the beta (or finished) product just say the word. SFCx will be glad to help out.

Great work dude!  

Can't wait till this is out, it will fill a big hole. Now all we need is a mission editor. <hint hint, wink wink.>    

DarkMatrix

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2003, 11:14:55 am »
offer goes for unimatrix-one too more than happy to host

bump......

DM

MrCue

« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2003, 11:16:38 am »
bump, you can add battleclinic.com to that list

Johnny23

« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2003, 04:10:37 pm »
This looks to beone the greatest utilities ever. Awesome Job.

Johnny23

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2003, 04:12:27 pm »

awm3

« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2003, 08:10:48 pm »
Hello, all!

.    I just thought I would mention something.  I am a full-time student and have many things other than SFC that demand my attention.  This project is something on which I am working on in my spare time, and so depending on what else happens work on it may slow down or speed up.

That being said, I fully intend to make a beta version available as soon as time allows, and I hope to post occasional status reports on my progress.

.    It was the modability of SFC (starting with the SFC I demo) that really got me interested in programming and web design, so I look on this as my way of giving back to this great community .

I realize that many people are eagerly awaiting a release (after all, so am I - I started writing it because I wanted to use it too  ), but for now all I can say is that it will get here when it gets here.

So long for now,

awm3  

Praxis

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2003, 03:10:37 am »
If you're a student, see if you can get some credits for successfully completing this program  

DarkMatrix

« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2003, 11:34:00 am »
bump......

DM

DarkMatrix

« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2003, 08:11:35 pm »
bump.....................

Praxis

« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2003, 04:43:04 am »
bumpedy bump!!!

DarkMatrix

« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2003, 11:16:04 am »
any news on this????

DM

Praxis

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2003, 12:49:40 pm »
I'll do anything...you can beta test the mod i'm working!  PLEASE finish it!  

awm3

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2003, 08:16:44 pm »
Hello again,

.    CoreEdit is proceeding, but slowly, as I have been busy with coursework.  Also, last week I caught a nasty cold which kept me pretty tired, so not a lot happened then.  However, do not lose hope work on CoreEdit continues....

So long for now,

awm3

Magnum357

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2003, 02:12:10 am »
Man!  Your a lifesaver!  I've been hoping someone would create an Edit program for SFC3.  I have Eagles Eye for SFC:OP but this new SFC3 game is just a pain in the butt editing stuff by hand (ie. one file and line at a time).  Your untility program should definitly come in handy for most of the community here.  I bookmarked this post to keep up with your progress.  Good luck!    

Praxis

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2003, 02:44:34 am »
Any idea of a date when it'll come out?  Man i'm excited about this  

awm3

« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2003, 08:46:49 pm »
Hello again,

.    At the current time I do not want to commit myself to a specific timeframe as my schedule is rather variable.  Besides, I think that dirt would disagree with me  !

So long for now,

awm3

Praxis

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2003, 03:22:26 am »
hehe

MarianoDT

« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2003, 03:56:19 pm »
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !
Core Edit !

I want it now!!!!!!!!!!  

Nagoth

« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2003, 03:31:08 pm »
Dude!

No offence to Taldren, But low res sucks and I thought I was stuck with it. Plus I wanted to add the Star Trek universe to the game. If I ever did get IQ pills Rocket Science coarses or a Brain work out machine and did figure it out - I would still have toooooo many models, and not enough time. That and massive hair loss due to pulling it out on a regular basis.

I thank you  

The Rocket Scientist thank you  

and my hair thanks you.    

MarianoDT

« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2003, 04:52:12 pm »
aNY NEWS ?  

Praxis

« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2003, 06:59:16 am »
Core-Edit!  Core-Edit!

Seriously, i'm depending on CoreEdit for a mod i'm working on.  Can't do the specs (and i don't want to make Chris Jones do them as the poor guy already has a busy year ahead) until CoreEdit comes out, and i'm moving in about 2-3 months- then i'll have to wait 6 weeks for my stuff to arrive, a few more weeks to get Cable or DSL...  I NEED to get the mod done soon.  I beg you on my knees, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE finish coreedit!

Nagoth

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2003, 10:21:56 pm »
Was on Patrol in deep space - To deep for this post to be there.  

Suiric

« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2003, 07:28:54 am »
 In order to help speed the process up I am willing to donate all of my Byzantine Empire and Byzantine Thelogy research and papers to the cause.....course most  of the world didnt take these fascinating but useless classes. I understand if they might not be of any assistance to you.....

I am too am dying to see Core Edit,, I was too busy reading about Romanus Lecapnus when I should have been tinkering with my favorite games,, and learning to do stuff like this...
If I forget to say this later THANK YOU!!!!

Pestalence

« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2003, 07:18:13 pm »
Quote:

Dude!

No offence to Taldren, But low res sucks and I thought I was stuck with it....

after patching with the Beta Version of the patch, go into your SFC.INI file and find :

[UI]
UIType=0
QuickTip=1
Grid=0
OrderDelay=30
HeadingDisplay=0
SkipUpsell=1
ASCIICharacterSet=0
Language=English
TacDisplayRes=6

change TacDisplayRes=6 to TacDisplayRes=(enter number up to but not over 75 here)

play game to see if Resolution is too high as to cause lag or slow down, re-adjust setting as necessary for a nice looking smooth game....

Nagoth

« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2003, 04:37:36 pm »
COOL i'll give it a try  

Nagoth

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2003, 01:30:59 pm »
    Priority Message    

Klingon High Command  

To our most Honorable Scientist working on the Secret Project  "CoreEdit"
We desire an update on your most noble task. The enemies of our Empire are growing Daily.  This project would put the control we need in our commanders hands for a quick and devistating blow to the dishonorable who would attack our fleets and capture our worlds

Our fate is in your hands

Captain Ron

« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2003, 02:03:26 pm »
Hmmm....

Any news?

awm3

« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2003, 10:40:27 am »
.    Right now I am just getting geared up for my final exams as well as finishing up end of term projects and such, so I haven't much time to work on CoreEdit.  I should be able to really resume work shortly before the end of April (I will try to do a little bit now and then in the intervening time).

awm3

Nagoth

« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2003, 08:00:12 pm »

jimmi7769

« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2003, 09:13:00 pm »
Quote:

No doubt, Damn wakko liberal teachers

Praxis

« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2003, 10:59:18 am »
Please please PLEASE have a beta of CoreEdit out within 1 month.  In two months i am moving and won't have my computer for 6 weeks minimum so i really really want to have Sci-fi Bashfest SFC3 done before i leave.

manitoba

« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2003, 07:59:27 pm »
boy oh boy cant wait for it either. this is going to be the greatest tool yet  

Captain Ron

« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2003, 02:53:04 pm »

Well thanks for the update
I for one know what a heavy schedule is all about, So I understand why you have not been able to work on it. I think you are completely correct in putting your future at the head of the list. I would also like to thank you for the efforts you have put into it so far and for the work you are planning for it in the future.

MarianoDT

« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2003, 03:02:45 pm »
Every time I see this thread with a new post, my heart stop for a second.....just to realise that it is not finished yet.
Man, if you want me to live enough to see it working, please hurry.....!!!  

Now seriously. Thank you very much for your effort and spending your time to make the game easier to mod.

Mariano  

Suiric

« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2003, 03:14:03 pm »
  Mariano I know what you mean although it  pains me to post this, since I realize that several people will be dangerously close to heart failure reading this... FOr all of our overall health and the the sanity of the Creator of Core Edit..May the starry heavens bless his work...I wish we could let it go, but alas it draws us in...<slaps himself across the face, keep it together Man!!>      

Nagoth

« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2003, 10:50:07 pm »
bump bump...bump bump...bump....... bump  

Reptor7

« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2003, 02:59:30 pm »
Bump'a de bump!  

Praxis

« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2003, 09:58:37 am »
bump...bump...BUMP...

Suiric

« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2003, 12:01:35 pm »
 Praxis you'll be in the process of  moving when we get this just face it!!!! hehehhe <continues with the evil cackles>    

Reverend

« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2003, 06:07:26 pm »
Bump v 2.0  

Nagoth

« Reply #125 on: April 25, 2003, 10:54:56 am »
Bump!  

Nagoth

« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2003, 03:15:15 pm »

BUMP??PMUB

Wheres the Beef?

Reverend

« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2003, 09:18:52 am »
How's progress? I am finishing exams this week... wondering if you got anything to speak of.... I mysel was hoping CoreEdit will have modifiable AI slots- I have been playing with these capacities and making many mistakes- CoreEdit will drastically shorten my screw-up time, allowing for multiple mistakes and errors anll in one day! Hooray!

awm3

« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2003, 06:00:26 pm »

Reverend

« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2003, 03:17:29 pm »
I don't mean to nag, AWM3; thank you....

good luck on finals... I know Im going to need it!  

Captain Ron

« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2003, 04:08:52 am »
Any new news, BTW how did the finals go?

awm3

« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2003, 01:01:32 pm »
CoreEdit is progressing well.  I hope to have a beta out sometime soon, but I think you will understand if I don't give any specific dates .  Exams are...over with, and I think I did well enough to get into the program that I want to this fall .

awm3

Praxis

« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2003, 10:19:35 am »
*gives 2 week time limit*

Please, PLEASE finish it within two weeks, before they take my computers away and I have to move! I want to DL it to my laptop so i can work on my mod on the go...

Thanks  

Praxis

« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2003, 11:17:48 am »
The movers are coming to take my computer away tomorrow...noooo!  Last chance, while i still have ADSL, for me to DL it to my laptop...:(

Goodbye....

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2004, 03:51:29 pm »
its been a real long time since anyone bumped this but Klingon Fanatic and myself dont seem to have any infomation as if to this was ever completed if so where is it, if not will anyone take  the challenge to make it and complete it

Praxis

« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2004, 12:52:02 am »
Wow, this is old...

I want a CoreEdit!

At least an updated version that'll work with the new patch!

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2004, 02:11:32 am »

adam out

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2004, 06:07:01 am »
Quote:

adam out  

Where is the link to the BETA Core Edit?

KF

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2004, 06:02:10 pm »
I sent awm3 an e-mail regarding the Core Edit program. Maybe he'll e-mail me back or post an update here?

If I find out anything I'll post here.

KF
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 06:03:05 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2004, 06:32:48 pm »
Well find out soon, hopefully

adam out

manitoba

« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2004, 11:49:15 pm »

manitoba

« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2004, 11:59:01 pm »
Quote:

look at these. as i have been watching for awhile on this too.

his main site
http://xhalon.tripod.com/

his other post on coredit

http://forums.taldren.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=79865&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

enjoy looks like everyone else will be waiting like me still. oh yeah dont forget it will need a patch also cause now of v500 and v531 with ship sizes in them