Topic: Day of the Eagle: The Return of Herr Burt  (Read 21032 times)

SPQR Renegade001

Re: Day of the Eagle: The Return of Herr Burt
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2003, 01:00:45 pm »
Damn guys.

Herr Burt ( & Co.), you have my apologies. If I'd known that the mention of SFB fighters would lead to all this noise over drone cheese, fighter cheese, PF cheese, ... I'd have left well enough alone. It was supposed to be a simple question.

Sorry.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by SPQR Renegade001 »

KBF-Dogmatix

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2003, 01:05:41 pm »
Quote:

Dog, I didn't mean to raise your hackles. All Klinks, but especially those who fly D5C's or even rarer, D7's are worthy of respect. That being said, most of us Feds prefer our photons. AOTC(Attack of the Cheese) was the exception, not the rule(I'd never flown seriously a drone chucker before, and I only fooled around with an SCS at the end of IDSL). Given my drothers, Day of the Eagle would be closer to Die Hard's vanilla shiplist than the customized stuff we saw. No bombardment ships, no carriers, just individual, standard ships of the line. This may be heresy, but why not try a server that cuts the cheese?    

Heh...with all due respect, Father Ted...I've probably seen a heck of a lot more DV2 campaigns than you have and my experience in them, vast as it is, directly contradicts your notion of the level of CAD and NCD flying during AOTK was "the exception, not the rule."  Most people who fly drone chuckers, always fly drone chuckers.

i'm sure you'ld all love us to fly D7s.  The reasons for that are quite obvious.  

No heresy discerned on my part.  DieHard has rarely offered up anything some of us haven't already been talking about since before he ever arrived on the scene.  I've always been a propopent of shiplist modification restraint and I think DieHard and I agree more than we disagree on most of these related issues.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by KBF-Dogmatix »

Remiak

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2003, 01:28:00 pm »
Quote:

Looking forward to flying Romulan.  I don't have to get the horrid haircut, do I?

Die Hard,
Of course not, you have options......you can always go bald.
Looking forward to seen you on "Day of the Eagle"

Quote:

1) Shiplist. I got some help from concerned Feds in curtailing the PF OTT sit-rep in AOTK. So, Rom/Gorn PFs are back to 2/3 hard-points (ie. 4/5 Plasma Fs at once, c'mon...) and the R-THV and G-BCHV are down to 2 PFs. I left the Lyrans alone because they need player enticement and they should be "ahead of the curve" on PF issues. OK, so the Roms and Gorns are unhappy about it but I have to look at the bigger picture. The Feds were definitely out-classed in AOTK which indicated a fundamental break-down in the shiplist process used for that server. You can always fly Fed...to be on the receiving end of the PF cruisers.

Karnak,
For the "ISC Invasion" server, you and the concerned Feds are absolutly right.
Your approach is one way to resolve the problem with players in plasma PF tenders. It is a solution that will satisfy the majority, afterall the Rom/Gorn players are just a small minority. Well done.
On a related topic, the Hydrans are ahead of the curve on fighter issues, does that mean all other fighter using races should only have half complement of fighters on any carrier larger than a light cruiser...to be the same as for the PF races?
Do you need concerned Roms to help make that decision?
Oups, it is no longer just a minority of players that are impacted anymore, players who had broken fighters and have been told about racial flavors for almost 2 years.
Could not do that to the majority...have to look at the "bigger picture" right.
Good leaders must always choose to please the majority, hence their continuous sucessfull leadership.

Sorry about the sarcasm (it is my firts post ever with sarcasm...where is Cleaven?), what you are doing might be right, I did not even begin to evaluate it, I do not even know what the rest of the yard contains for each race, but the way you do it does not feel right. Since you are the admin on that one, it is certainly your prerogative to do so, leaving us with ours as players.

Good luck in your scuba diving class.  Diving is very fun, you will enjoy it....and for sharks do not worry, shiplist review council members are much worst.

Thanks

« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 01:35:15 pm by Remiak »

FatherTed

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2003, 01:36:23 pm »
No offense taken.Your experience outweighs mine, I'm simply stating the observations I've made since I started playing online. I'd be happy to try a vanilla shiplist. And with all due respect, the Klingons who fly stock ships are deadly in an equal PvP.    

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2003, 01:41:38 pm »
Stop that FatherTed, it was just starting to warmup in here. God knows I could use a little heat up here in Chicago today.

Karnak, thanks for improving the PF's. I hate it when they waste all four plasma at once.

Laflin

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2003, 01:47:54 pm »
Lay off the drone chuckers, Doggy.  Personally I am looking forward to all of those PFs in my CAD+/NCD+ :P  

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2003, 01:59:52 pm »
Quote:

DieHard....

I wonder what would happen if (with all due respect to my honorable Mirak friends) if all drone bombrdment ships were removed from the game and the Mirak were either given some new dog-fighters to compensate or they were removed as a playable race altogether (just once).  I wonder what new "imbalances" or cries of "cheese!" would arise?  If anyone thinks there wouldn't be any, then I have some beachfront property in Nogales, AZ to sell you.

Here' the thing, Mirak "line" ships have more drones than the Federation and Klink "line" ships.   If dedicated bombardment ships were removed from a server, the Mirak would stil be the "drone" race since they have more drones.  Their racial flavor would not be removed.  

I disagree with you on their line ships not being able to hold their own.  Mirak Line ships are already awsome knife fighters.  Yes, their CA ships suck ass but the command cruisers are fine against the other races in terms of PvP balance.  

FatherTed

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2003, 02:01:10 pm »
Quote:

Stop that FatherTed, it was just starting to warmup in here. God knows I could use a little heat up here in Chicago today.  

Sorry, it's in the balmy 30's down here in south Louisiana. The coldest I've ever been was a month I spent in Chicago about 5 years ago. Landed at O'Hare in the middle of a blizzard(very unnerving to feel an airliner bouncing down the runway like a car on a bad road). I don't think it ever got out of the teens. Brrrrrr....

Nonetheless, I think I will be Father Bruce for this one. But I WILL NOT WEAR A TUTU!    

Laflin

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2003, 02:12:27 pm »
Come on up here, Ted.  The regular temp has been single digit +/- depending upon the days and the wind chill has been anywhere from -10 to -20 for the last week or two now...  

FatherTed

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2003, 02:19:15 pm »
Quote:

Come on up here, Ted.  The regular temp has been single digit +/- depending upon the days and the wind chill has been anywhere from -10 to -20 for the last week or two now...  

breaks out shorts, sandals, and Hawaiin shirt-  I'm on my way!  

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2003, 02:26:11 pm »
It was minus 6 when I got in the car this morning. Had to actually wear panties under my tutu. I'm sure we can find something for you in a low cut casic (sp?) though.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2003, 02:35:59 pm »
Quote:

It was minus 6 when I got in the car this morning. Had to actually wear panties under my tutu. I'm sure we can find something for you in a low cut casic (sp?) though.  

My testicles have frozen to my leg twice this week!  Damm the car cigarette-lighter comes in handy . . .  

KBF-Dogmatix

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2003, 04:22:07 pm »
Quote:

No offense taken.Your experience outweighs mine, I'm simply stating the observations I've made since I started playing online. I'd be happy to try a vanilla shiplist. And with all due respect, the Klingons who fly stock ships are deadly in an equal PvP.    

Heh...thanks.  I appreciate you saying that.  Like I have said...I wish more of the guys would forgo the obvious benefits of drone boats and fly some of the other stuff a lot more often.  My typical progression is F5/B -> F5C -> D7C -> D5 -> D5C -> D5L -> C7 -> C7V.  I generally don't fly dreads or BBs unless I'm obliged to by server/campaign conditions.  For kicks, I like to fly an FWL for a while when it becomes available. For its size, it rocks.

One of of the things I hate about disruptors is the different size flavors...the smaller the size, the less the maximum range with Dis1s having only a maximum range of 10.  

KBF-Dogmatix

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2003, 04:27:47 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

DieHard....

I wonder what would happen if (with all due respect to my honorable Mirak friends) if all drone bombrdment ships were removed from the game and the Mirak were either given some new dog-fighters to compensate or they were removed as a playable race altogether (just once).  I wonder what new "imbalances" or cries of "cheese!" would arise?  If anyone thinks there wouldn't be any, then I have some beachfront property in Nogales, AZ to sell you.

Here' the thing, Mirak "line" ships have more drones than the Federation and Klink "line" ships.   If dedicated bombardment ships were removed from a server, the Mirak would stil be the "drone" race since they have more drones.  Their racial flavor would not be removed.  

I disagree with you on their line ships not being able to hold their own.  Mirak Line ships are already awsome knife fighters.  Yes, their CA ships suck ass but the command cruisers are fine against the other races in terms of PvP balance.  

Actually, there's no need to disagree with me, since I have long held that Mirak line ships are just fine. I think we're on the same page there, as well.   I was just deferring to the guys who actually fly Mirak just about all the time.  They seem to think their line ships are largely useless in PvP...unless I have misread their opinions over the past year and a half.

I was basically throwing a bone out there since I really don't have much of a problem with the Mirak getting a D5L-type boat (like they had in AOTK), as long as it has the same two B-racks and not four.

KBF-Dogmatix

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2003, 04:31:24 pm »

Yikes, DieHard...

73 degrees and sunny here...winds at about 2 mph.  Damn, I love Phoenix in the winter.

Mog

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2003, 05:06:38 pm »
The Mirak line ships, in the main, are fine against traditional allies. They lack the power to operate effectively against non-traditional plasma opponents. I actually liked the Z-BCH+. I thought it a more competitive ship, certainly not uber, but brought up to a par with the other BCHs. The MCC needs the 4 disruptors splitting up and given FAL/FAR arcs. No other changes are needed to make that a ship very comparable to my beloved D5L.

J'inn

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2003, 05:46:03 pm »
Quote:

Damn guys.

Herr Burt ( & Co.), you have my apologies. If I'd known that the mention of SFB fighters would lead to all this noise over drone cheese, fighter cheese, PF cheese, ... I'd have left well enough alone. It was supposed to be a simple question.

Sorry.  

<snicker>

Ah another Herr Burt roast-a-thon.   I'm so excited.  

<gets our economy size jiffy pop popcorn (low sodium grumble) and sody pop>

Today I woke up to 14 Degrees (F)  (that's -201 (C) for you Euros) . With the wind chill factorit felt like,  well I think it is off the scale.  You know, the point where the weather people just use names instead of numbers.  Today's wind chill factor was "Arse  Shatters if You Hit It."   I understand up in New Jersey it was "Balls Freeze to Thighs."  

So . . . . .   I need to stay warm.  Please, by all means, roast Ol' Elizardbreath, erm, I mean Herr Bert.

<gets out hot cocoa mix (no fat no sugar (grumble)>

P.S.   Just what the hell is no fat no sugar ice cream??   I mean really, what is left??  It's scary.

P.P.S.  Yes, it is time for my medication. Why do you ask?

P.P.P.S.   And another thing <large hook comes from stage left and yanks J'inn away from keyboard>

Cleaven

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2003, 09:04:01 pm »
Quote:

The Mirak line ships, in the main, are fine against traditional allies. They lack the power to operate effectively against non-traditional plasma opponents. I actually liked the Z-BCH+. I thought it a more competitive ship, certainly not uber, but brought up to a par with the other BCHs. The MCC needs the 4 disruptors splitting up and given FAL/FAR arcs. No other changes are needed to make that a ship very comparable to my beloved D5L.

This is true. Mirak Vs Lyran and Klingon are acceptable matchups and, as long as you don't use them the wrong way, are good battles. If the AI mission matching in Four Powers was a little bit easier I think a lot of people would have had a blast.  

FatherTed

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2003, 09:13:27 pm »

Quote:

One of of the things I hate about disruptors is the different size flavors...the smaller the size, the less the maximum range with Dis1s having only a maximum range of 10.

If it's any consolation, I'm too stupid to use proxies unless I'm attacking a starbase. A note on those range 10 dizzies. More than one person has won the SFB Fleet Captain's Tourney using them.  

Cleaven

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2003, 09:50:24 pm »
Hmmmm, Remiak I don't really care how many PF's they put on a Romulan heavy, because as long as the PF's come out with a quick load, then Feds will complain. One thing I would like to see is the Condor SCS. This is supposed to be really mean and about the only reason to fly a Romulan DN I would think. Of course it would get removed too quick as well. But it would be fun to see it as an advanced mod to the shiplist. Of course a basic shiplist (where the only PF change is a UI) needs to be done first.  
« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 09:57:43 pm by Cleaven »