Topic: Deep Space Nine Spike TV  (Read 10602 times)

nx_adam_1701

Deep Space Nine Spike TV
« on: March 30, 2004, 01:10:06 pm »
Can you guys believe that Spike TV is airing the Deep Space Nine series in order from the begining starting April 5, Well its true, the only stupid and ignorant thing about it is that there airing it from 11:00Am to 7:00PM

HELLLLLLLOOOO, I work and attend college, how stupid can these people be, what oooohhh I get it, the people that watch Trek must not work during the week, or attend school, better yet they have no life, thats it, I was really looking forward to seeing it, since the last time I saw the show I was attending Elementary school around the 5th grade, but I guess im going to have to wait until I finish college and get a good job, enough to afford the $$$120 DVD sets, why, why would they do this, 11:00AM, there nutz

adam out

nx_adam_1701

Re: Deep Space Nine Spike TV
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 01:11:38 pm »
and wait thats not the only thing, if the episodes were scattered then I would be bothered with it that much, but the opportunity to see them back to back is so freakin wonderful and great especially in DS9, and the fact that I can makes me real pissed, okay, i have let it all out thanks guys

adam out

Capt_Spade

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 01:24:22 pm »
  I feel your pain man, I work from afternoon  to early morning so I am sh*t out of luck too!

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 01:40:17 pm »
I emailed them too, just so they would know how pissed I am at them, thats really stupid, especially since the audience or star trek fans are ususally older people, well mature people, not people who are home on the weekdays, wierd timing

adam out

Khalee

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 02:07:34 pm »
Who cares about that, Saturday on amc I Think its the three stooges all day WOO WOO WOO!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Khalee »

DH123

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 02:31:39 pm »
Time to buy a new Hard Disk, how many GBs will I need to record the whole series?    

Capt_Spade

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 02:47:05 pm »
Quote:

I emailed them too, just so they would know how pissed I am at them, thats really stupid, especially since the audience or star trek fans are ususally older people, well mature people, not people who are home on the weekdays, wierd timing

adam out  

OPS: Sensor scans show that Spike TV's line up programers are being stupid.
Capt.: Quantum torpedos full spread target the programers......FIRE!
Tac.: Stupidity has been destroyed Captian.
Capt.: Hail Spike TV.
Tac.: Channel open.
Capt.: Surrender and show the DS9 marathon at a resonable time!
Tac.: They have accepted our demands.

Capt Spade saves the day again! ........................(sigh)  If only it were true.  

CptCastrin

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 04:10:05 pm »
Has anyone here heard of a VHS recorder?

One 8hr tape later and Nervana ...

I really think people just like to b**** about stuff just to post ... oh wait, that would be 'Hot & Spicy' ...  

l8r

Capt_Spade

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 04:22:47 pm »
Quote:

I really think people just like to b**** about stuff just to post ... oh wait, that would be 'Hot & Spicy' ...  

l8r

It is a lot more fun to b*tch!

korus

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 06:17:41 pm »
Quote:

Dude, my 10 year old neice looked up at me and asked "What's VHS?" Now doesn't that make anyone feel  OLD ? Brrr... Wonder how she will react to my ancient 78's....

Korus

red_green

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 06:32:02 pm »
Quote:

l8r

I was thinking the same thing. Then I realized that college students probably wouldn't know how to program it.

Lieutenant_Q

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 09:20:02 pm »
hehe, my problem is the reverse, i got the VCRs and stuff like that down pat...my problem is my parents got a DVD player while I was away one semester, and I have no clue how to work it....and they look at me for technology...  

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 01:51:47 am »
hahaha

adam out

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 01:59:25 am »
Are there VHS blank tapes 8 hour or more like that out there, I had no idea, remember guys I wasnt born when dinosaurs roamed the earth lol

adam out

Capt_Spade

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 02:24:47 am »
Quote:

Are there VHS blank tapes 8 hour or more like that out there, I had no idea, remember guys I wasnt born when dinosaurs roamed the earth lol

adam out  

Yes there are tapes out there that are 8 hour tapes but that is on its lowest quality setting, which makes the picture quality very crappy. If you use a higher quality setting you will only get about 2-4 hours of time off the tape. Still that makes for a lot of VHS tapes. I still might do it though, but like I said before it is just much more fun to b*tch!    

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 03:30:53 pm »
i just bought the seven seasons online at ebay, im hoping its good, ill let you guys know, the lady said its brand new and etc..., if its good, ill post the link becuase she has about 21 more sets

Corbomite

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2004, 03:37:27 pm »
Quote:

i just bought the seven seasons online at ebay, im hoping its good, ill let you guys know, the lady said its brand new and etc..., if its good, ill post the link becuase she has about 21 more sets  

With the exception of the pilot episode it doesn't really get good until the end of the 3rd season.

CptCastrin

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2004, 04:22:48 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Dude, my 10 year old neice looked up at me and asked "What's VHS?" Now doesn't that make anyone feel  OLD ? Brrr... Wonder how she will react to my ancient 78's....

Korus

LOL!

Well I was going to suggest using a DVR but then I thought "nah, not enough market penetration yet" ... 'sides looks like most posting here are on a stundent's "salary", aka. jack squat.

CptCastrin

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2004, 04:28:50 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

adam out  

Yes there are tapes out there that are 8 hour tapes but that is on its lowest quality setting, which makes the picture quality very crappy. If you use a higher quality setting you will only get about 2-4 hours of time off the tape. Still that makes for a lot of VHS tapes. I still might do it though, but like I said before it is just much more fun to b*tch!    

Yeah but at least you can watch it then.  

Of course it's fun to b**** about the foolishness of the networks, especially ones like Spike. Their target audience are those that are either in school or at work durring the middle of the day, i.e. males in the 18 - 35 age group ... so why not put the cool programs on durring that time.  

FFZ

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2004, 11:38:24 am »
  I'd like to see it again, I barely remember the first two years.

They may suck, but I'd still like to see them again, as I recall, they were doing the Maqui stuff early, and then switched to the big wars later.