Topic: Sovereign Class WIP - Final Update  (Read 9865 times)

SovereignEmpire

Re: Sovereign Class WIP
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2004, 06:35:27 pm »
Single launcher ok.  I personally think that the Red and Green lights take away from the model.  Some how it always reminds me of Christmas.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 06:38:00 pm by SovereignEmpire »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2004, 06:45:26 pm »
But they are there, as they are on almost every Federation ship.

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2004, 07:14:10 pm »
Oh, well I guess it is seen in these pics, but it doesnt look like the hull has green shinning on it, it just shows the light.  But anyways, is it just me or does the Nemesis Sovereign look Tan instead of Silver?

olbuzzard

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2004, 07:28:37 pm »
This is realy great bud ...  I'm glad to see my son, Nanner, is interested as well.  I hope to see this one in the ship yard on the next round ..  (if you give permission of course)

Rat_Boy

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2004, 07:33:48 pm »
Quote:

This is realy great bud ...  I'm glad to see my son, Nanner, is interested as well.  I hope to see this one in the ship yard on the next round ..  (if you give permission of course)

A shot of that would look good for the sig graphic.

Redragon

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2004, 08:25:01 pm »
I think its all done... moving on to the BOP...

Yah I think someone will add the green and red lights, I just didn't put it on there because the Homeworld engine comes with blinking lights. It'll only take a minute to put em on the textures though so yah, it'll be done.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 08:31:54 pm by Redragon »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2004, 08:33:30 pm »
Quote:

Excellent excellent excellent.  But, maybe I'm crazy, but the nacelles might be too far back and may have to be raised a little.  I can't tell, though.  The source of the light on the underside of the primary hull is the torpedo launcher, if I remember right.  But, it looks terrific.  The texture quality is astonishing.

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2004, 09:54:45 pm »
That looks like a CG shot right out of a movie!   Job well done  

Scorpion

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2004, 10:22:47 pm »
Very nice work there.  This Sovvie looks really good, especially the texturing job.  Very nice.  I give it two thumbs up.      

Mariner

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2004, 07:59:46 am »
Quote:

Yah I think someone will add the green and red lights, I just didn't put it on there because the Homeworld engine comes with blinking lights. It'll only take a minute to put em on the textures though so yah, it'll be done.

It looks like your trying to add the NEM weapons onto the FC Sovereign, which is very cool (and works better than the fugly NEM Sovereign, which has amajor structural changes.)

Here are all changes to the Sovereign during NEM. Note that the foreward saucer torp was never shown in the movie.

I hope this helps, even if your already know about it. Kudos!

ChrisJohnson

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2004, 09:05:00 am »
This has to be one of the best Sovereign-class models I've seen... Good job.  I can't wait to see how you'd do with a Klingon BOP.  

Marauth

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2004, 09:05:05 am »
Quote:

That looks like a CG shot right out of a movie!   Job well done

Yeah it would except the registry is written on backwards - LOL sorry, it is absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to see this and the other ships from this mod make it to SFC - especially that Valdore   could u pls flip that bit of texture so it's the right way round b4 release.

BTW for you guys' mod is there gonna be a D'Deridex, cuz there aren't many of them (about 3 I know of and all are old or the conversion from BC ) about for SFC and I dunno why - it's a cool ship and very imposing being 1.3km long

Kaenyne

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2004, 09:24:32 am »
If memory serves, LC Amaral mentioned that there are roughly 100 models that are being prepped for release to SFC. Something like a dozen are almost ready and may see release in about two weeks (simulataneous with their BC release). But don't take my word for it.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2004, 11:18:14 am »
Quote:

It looks like your trying to add the NEM weapons onto the FC Sovereign, which is very cool (and works better than the fugly NEM Sovereign, which has amajor structural changes.)

While I disagree on your assessment of the quality of the NEM model (I happen to prefer it over the FC version), RD's model is definiately the FC model, now that I look at it side by side with the blueprints.

NannerSlug

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2004, 12:30:36 pm »
any chance you could release this sooner than later?

olbuzzard

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2004, 12:51:03 pm »
Quote:

any chance you could release this sooner than later?  

Begg!!  Begg!!  Grovel !!  Grovel !!!

Pllllllllleeeeaaaassssssee ????

Kaenyne

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2004, 01:08:56 pm »
Hang onto that dignity, my friend!

It's gonna happen. Nobody teases a forum for weeks with gorgeous ships without eventually releasing 'em, lest he cause a minor riot!

We're ALL stoked! The Romulan D'Deridex and Valdore, Reman Saif, NX-01, Pre-TOS Intrepid, U.S.S. Infinity and literally about a hundred more ships are in our future, not including WillardDcker's Constitutions and V'ger, MajorRacal's vast collection, Smiley's Tempest, Andor and Dominion Cruiser, and sooooo many more to look forward to!

It's a GREAT time to be playing Starfleet Command!  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

olbuzzard

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2004, 01:49:34 pm »
Quote:

It's a GREAT time to be playing Starfleet Command!    

AMEN !!!!!!!

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2004, 02:26:00 pm »
I don?t know why everyone hates the Nemesis Sovereign; I think she is absolutely gorgeous!  In a way, after seeing Nemesis, I thought the FC Sovereign was kinda wimpy and incomplete.  The added weapons make it cooler too, since she is a Battlecruiser.  

Redragon

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2004, 02:52:43 pm »
We've got a new Warbird and over 100 other ships. We're hurting for a release right now because we haven't really released anything since SoA V.95 for Homeworld and that was over a year ago. Everybody is working their hardest and fastest to get these converted and more importantly correctly balanced but with the sheer number of ships that we have, people have to be patient. DarkDrone has done a great job converting our ships to SFC for us, hes done around 15 already and is waiting for us to prep and send him more but still, there is a lot left to do. We have a thing against releasing an unfinished product not only because it will disappoint the community but it will generate a HUGE amount of feedback mostly bug reports and we don't have time to deal with that. You also have to know the nature of this time, we're used to making TC's not just individual ships. Its just going to be a few weeks I'm sure of it though so hang in there.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 03:07:30 pm by Redragon »