Topic: Sovereign Class WIP - Final Update  (Read 9838 times)

Redragon

Sovereign Class WIP - Final Update
« on: April 04, 2004, 07:22:19 pm »
Howedar made the mesh with additions from me. Poly count is at around 3500.  Check it out.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 08:29:12 pm by Redragon »

Khalee

Re: Sovereign Class WIP
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 07:28:18 pm »
 Looks Nice for 3500

E_Look

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 07:29:41 pm »
So far, SUPER!!  I like the textures.  Is it going to be Ent-E or some other registry?  (Or is it too soon to ask?)

sandman69247

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 07:31:58 pm »
Damn, now that's purty! Can't wait to see her finished.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 08:05:39 pm »
Keep 'er comming bud !!   You got the right idea!

Rat_Boy

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 08:13:28 pm »
Which version is it going to be of?  FC or NEM?

DeltaAssault

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 09:11:29 pm »
Wow, impressive. Looks almost photo-realistic.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 09:34:46 pm »
Quote:

Wow, impressive. Looks almost photo-realistic.  

Yeah, you can almost picture Data doing the Superman thing out the front of it.

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2004, 09:50:55 pm »
Quote:

Which version is it going to be of?  FC or NEM?  

If you bug him enough he may do both

PLEASE?

ModelsPlease

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 03:08:20 am »
Saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ship sir.Can't wait to see her finished.

-MP  

Kaenyne

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2004, 08:34:43 am »
Ooooohh!

Another beauty to look forward to.

First Contact or Nemesis version doesn't mater to me, as the differences are so subtle.

Okay, so the Nemesis version is more heavily armed, but who counting hardpoints?    

Rat_Boy

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2004, 11:12:46 am »
After further review, it lookes like the NEM version if you look at the aft torpedo launchers and the detaling around the shuttlebay.

Hopefully, we can one day get this puppy into SFC3 with their version of the Valdore

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2004, 01:18:09 pm »
Quote:

After further review, it lookes like the NEM version if you look at the aft torpedo launchers and the detaling around the shuttlebay.

Hopefully, we can one day get this puppy into SFC3 with their version of the Valdore  

Where is it I do not see anything please redue this thank you .  

ChrisJohnson

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2004, 02:19:50 pm »
I may not be much of a Sovereign-class fan (I'm a Galaxy-class fan TNG-wise, Excelsior and Constitution refit fan in TMP), but I sure like how this model is turning out.  And although I prefer the Sovereign-class from First Contact/Insurrection (despite one or two wrong things, like placements of photon/quantam torp launchers), this isn't a bad rendition of the Nemesis Sovereign.  

Redragon

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2004, 02:53:20 pm »
Thanks guys, to the best of my knowledge I'm making the Nemesis version. Its just a few extra weapons points here and there and the shuttlebay area extended a bit. I probably got that part wrong though. We have the Valdore and a lot of other ships converted, just waiting for a bit more work to be done on the BC ships and then we can have a syncronized release. I'll work a little bit more on it today and have another update tonite.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2004, 03:05:05 pm »
Will there be windows and lighting on the decks just below the bridge?

Redragon

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2004, 06:29:49 pm »
Yup, just haven't gotten there yet

ActiveX

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2004, 07:10:08 pm »
Have you thought of going for the transwarp look with the nacelles? green inplace of blue etc...

Random thought hehe...

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2004, 07:48:42 pm »
  OH MY GOD!!!    That is lookin to be the Best Sovereign I have Ever Seen!  One thing on the little Arches on the stardrive though, are off a little, not to be picky or anything.  In Nemesis shots, the Arches seem to fold into a cup on the hull.  I dont know if you can see it from this pic, but it could help.  I cant wait to see more of this baby, I absolutly love it!  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2004, 07:53:06 pm »
This might help too.

Or this.

There are more caps at Trek Pulse, but they've been down for a while.

Edit: Here's a good schematic, if you need it.

Lots of info here, as well.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 07:56:28 pm by Rat_Boy »

Magnum357

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2004, 08:13:46 pm »
that has got too be one of the best models I have ever seen made at only 3500 polys.  It looks more like 7000 polys, maybe its the texturing because it seems unbeleiveable too be only 3500.

Redragon

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2004, 09:00:30 pm »
I'm done for the night so here it is another update. Some people have spotted a few small errors and I thank em for it, if its not fixed yet, it will be. If you spot any, give me a shout.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2004, 09:06:30 pm »
You da man, dawg!  The only flaw I think I see is that the phasers on the nacelle pylons might be a little short.  But, all you have to do is ask and you'll be flooded with screen captures to illustrate it.  

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2004, 09:39:51 pm »
Yeah it is a little small, but its fine with me.  I have a question though.  The aft Photons on the Stardrive, is that a single or double launcher?  Just wonderin.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2004, 10:05:35 pm »

Kaenyne

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2004, 08:22:25 am »
She's stunning already! And if there are any "errors", we can just call her a variant.  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2004, 05:59:18 pm »
Also, the only other thing I can spot that looks off that the hull might be a bit too light in color to be the NEM version.  But, that could be due to lighting for these screen shots.  But, like I said, there are plenty of screen shots from the movie out there for comparison.

Redragon

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2004, 07:30:20 pm »
Last update before its finished which will probably be tomorrow. Made a few more fixes... uhh don't know about the red on the bussards though...

ActiveX

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2004, 07:55:36 pm »
Make the red more deep like a ruby and it should be better...not dim though

Rat_Boy

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2004, 08:34:50 pm »
Should be the same shade of red as the impulse engines, plus some cloudy stuff floating inside.  Got any other angles, like from the back and the underside?

Edit: This might help with the swirling in the bussard collectors.

Also, I couldn't tell from the latest, but is the hull extension around the primary shuttlebay there.  this and this are pretty good examples of what I mean.

If you need further references, start here.  You'll have enough pictures to make your eyes bleed.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 08:54:26 pm by Rat_Boy »

Redragon

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2004, 08:48:30 pm »
Yah im gonna make it redder
I posted a few different angles up there, only reason I posted just the top this time is cuz thats all I have fully done. I just have the bottom saucer left to do for the bottom and I'm done the entire ship so I'll do that tomorrow.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2004, 08:55:28 pm »
How many more ships do you have on tap?

NannerSlug

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2004, 09:04:07 pm »
i just cannot wait for this to be available.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2004, 09:06:32 pm »
And I can't wait for it to available for Nanner.

Redragon

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2004, 10:18:42 pm »
We've got tonnes of ships ready for SFC, at least 15 and more than 100 on the way. My next project will probably be an ENT era Bird of Prey, Borg Sphere and maybe a new Galaxy class.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2004, 10:25:34 pm »
You are a machine.  So, we're talking like months before any of the previous ones hit the web?

Redragon

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2004, 10:41:37 pm »
No, a couple of weeks at most, we just have to reorganize and regroup.

Reverend

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2004, 11:42:52 pm »
retextures are interesting, and respectable, but this one is a real dandy Redragon!!  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2004, 01:36:16 pm »
Excellente.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2004, 04:48:51 pm »
Quote:

Oh, one thing I just noticed.  The red stripe on the secondary hull should be flush with the hull; it's just painted on.  Saves you a couple polys.

Edit: Wait, just remembered.  Will there be red and green formation lights on the primary hull?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 05:00:29 pm by Rat_Boy »

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2004, 06:35:27 pm »
Single launcher ok.  I personally think that the Red and Green lights take away from the model.  Some how it always reminds me of Christmas.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 06:38:00 pm by SovereignEmpire »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2004, 06:45:26 pm »
But they are there, as they are on almost every Federation ship.

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2004, 07:14:10 pm »
Oh, well I guess it is seen in these pics, but it doesnt look like the hull has green shinning on it, it just shows the light.  But anyways, is it just me or does the Nemesis Sovereign look Tan instead of Silver?

olbuzzard

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2004, 07:28:37 pm »
This is realy great bud ...  I'm glad to see my son, Nanner, is interested as well.  I hope to see this one in the ship yard on the next round ..  (if you give permission of course)

Rat_Boy

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2004, 07:33:48 pm »
Quote:

This is realy great bud ...  I'm glad to see my son, Nanner, is interested as well.  I hope to see this one in the ship yard on the next round ..  (if you give permission of course)

A shot of that would look good for the sig graphic.

Redragon

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2004, 08:25:01 pm »
I think its all done... moving on to the BOP...

Yah I think someone will add the green and red lights, I just didn't put it on there because the Homeworld engine comes with blinking lights. It'll only take a minute to put em on the textures though so yah, it'll be done.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 08:31:54 pm by Redragon »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2004, 08:33:30 pm »
Quote:

Excellent excellent excellent.  But, maybe I'm crazy, but the nacelles might be too far back and may have to be raised a little.  I can't tell, though.  The source of the light on the underside of the primary hull is the torpedo launcher, if I remember right.  But, it looks terrific.  The texture quality is astonishing.

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2004, 09:54:45 pm »
That looks like a CG shot right out of a movie!   Job well done  

Scorpion

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2004, 10:22:47 pm »
Very nice work there.  This Sovvie looks really good, especially the texturing job.  Very nice.  I give it two thumbs up.      

Mariner

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2004, 07:59:46 am »
Quote:

Yah I think someone will add the green and red lights, I just didn't put it on there because the Homeworld engine comes with blinking lights. It'll only take a minute to put em on the textures though so yah, it'll be done.

It looks like your trying to add the NEM weapons onto the FC Sovereign, which is very cool (and works better than the fugly NEM Sovereign, which has amajor structural changes.)

Here are all changes to the Sovereign during NEM. Note that the foreward saucer torp was never shown in the movie.

I hope this helps, even if your already know about it. Kudos!

ChrisJohnson

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2004, 09:05:00 am »
This has to be one of the best Sovereign-class models I've seen... Good job.  I can't wait to see how you'd do with a Klingon BOP.  

Marauth

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2004, 09:05:05 am »
Quote:

That looks like a CG shot right out of a movie!   Job well done

Yeah it would except the registry is written on backwards - LOL sorry, it is absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to see this and the other ships from this mod make it to SFC - especially that Valdore   could u pls flip that bit of texture so it's the right way round b4 release.

BTW for you guys' mod is there gonna be a D'Deridex, cuz there aren't many of them (about 3 I know of and all are old or the conversion from BC ) about for SFC and I dunno why - it's a cool ship and very imposing being 1.3km long

Kaenyne

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2004, 09:24:32 am »
If memory serves, LC Amaral mentioned that there are roughly 100 models that are being prepped for release to SFC. Something like a dozen are almost ready and may see release in about two weeks (simulataneous with their BC release). But don't take my word for it.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2004, 11:18:14 am »
Quote:

It looks like your trying to add the NEM weapons onto the FC Sovereign, which is very cool (and works better than the fugly NEM Sovereign, which has amajor structural changes.)

While I disagree on your assessment of the quality of the NEM model (I happen to prefer it over the FC version), RD's model is definiately the FC model, now that I look at it side by side with the blueprints.

NannerSlug

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2004, 12:30:36 pm »
any chance you could release this sooner than later?

olbuzzard

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2004, 12:51:03 pm »
Quote:

any chance you could release this sooner than later?  

Begg!!  Begg!!  Grovel !!  Grovel !!!

Pllllllllleeeeaaaassssssee ????

Kaenyne

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2004, 01:08:56 pm »
Hang onto that dignity, my friend!

It's gonna happen. Nobody teases a forum for weeks with gorgeous ships without eventually releasing 'em, lest he cause a minor riot!

We're ALL stoked! The Romulan D'Deridex and Valdore, Reman Saif, NX-01, Pre-TOS Intrepid, U.S.S. Infinity and literally about a hundred more ships are in our future, not including WillardDcker's Constitutions and V'ger, MajorRacal's vast collection, Smiley's Tempest, Andor and Dominion Cruiser, and sooooo many more to look forward to!

It's a GREAT time to be playing Starfleet Command!  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

olbuzzard

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2004, 01:49:34 pm »
Quote:

It's a GREAT time to be playing Starfleet Command!    

AMEN !!!!!!!

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2004, 02:26:00 pm »
I don?t know why everyone hates the Nemesis Sovereign; I think she is absolutely gorgeous!  In a way, after seeing Nemesis, I thought the FC Sovereign was kinda wimpy and incomplete.  The added weapons make it cooler too, since she is a Battlecruiser.  

Redragon

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2004, 02:52:43 pm »
We've got a new Warbird and over 100 other ships. We're hurting for a release right now because we haven't really released anything since SoA V.95 for Homeworld and that was over a year ago. Everybody is working their hardest and fastest to get these converted and more importantly correctly balanced but with the sheer number of ships that we have, people have to be patient. DarkDrone has done a great job converting our ships to SFC for us, hes done around 15 already and is waiting for us to prep and send him more but still, there is a lot left to do. We have a thing against releasing an unfinished product not only because it will disappoint the community but it will generate a HUGE amount of feedback mostly bug reports and we don't have time to deal with that. You also have to know the nature of this time, we're used to making TC's not just individual ships. Its just going to be a few weeks I'm sure of it though so hang in there.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 03:07:30 pm by Redragon »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2004, 08:32:14 pm »
Ah, finally found the image that I was looking for.  Take a look at the schematic view:

Now compare it to the schematic images of the FC Sov (top) vs the refitted NEM version (bottom):

RD's version is more like the FC model.  If you wanted to make it more like the NEM version, the nacelles and its pylons need to be brought forward a little and the nacelles need to be raised slightly.  Other than that, the model is a dead ringer for the NEM Sov, including the extra detailing on the hull textures.  Can't wait for the next creation.

Edit: Don't take it as a criticism, RD, just a couple of suggestions.  Like I said, terrific stuff.  The FX guys at Paramount should be green with envy.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 08:36:59 pm by Rat_Boy »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2004, 09:06:32 pm »
bump

Any new news on the Sov?  What about that BoP?

Redragon

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2004, 09:18:17 pm »
No news, shes done and being processed by the rest of the team, I sent it to ThomastheCat for him to make his enhancements but other than that, nothing much. Won't be out for a few weeks. I haven't started the BOP yet, gonna take the holidays off to catch up on other commitments.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2004, 09:27:50 pm »
Quote:

No news, shes done and being processed by the rest of the team, I sent it to ThomastheCat for him to make his enhancements but other than that, nothing much.

What sort of enhancements?  The nacelle thing I spotted?  Not that it needs much enhancement at this point.  

Quote:

I haven't started the BOP yet, gonna take the holidays off to catch up on other commitments.  

Given the fact that you've been turning ships out faster than McDonald's churns out Big Macs, you deserve some rest.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2004, 02:35:57 am »
The registry on the end of the narcelle is backwards in your post sir ! Was it corrected ?

-MP  

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2004, 11:57:34 am »
I'm gonna give this page a good bump, not to be impatiant, just to keep this baby alive...

olbuzzard

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2004, 01:22:06 pm »
Quote:

I'm gonna give this page a good bump, not to be impatiant, just to keep this baby alive...  

Yeah...  I agree...  this guy is cool.  He has been working his tail feathers off gettng stuff done.  He's taking a much needed break as I understand it.  Good way to keep 'er going until he is able to do a few last min tweaks ..  

It looks great so far !!

Rat_Boy

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2004, 08:59:56 pm »

bump

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2004, 10:54:17 pm »
Bump...

It seems kinda strange that during the Dominion War, old Excelsior and Miranda class ships were being destroyed everyday while Brand new Battlecruisers like the Enterprise were doing Diplomatic missions.

Core

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2004, 04:51:39 am »
what do you thik whold hapen if one of those soverig got its fethers clipt during oe of the batels the feds didet have a holl lot of thees  ships runing oraund if i can recall it was only tow sovies flying abult the cosmose the original prototipe ad the newes enterprise durig the domiion wars so if they whuld have sent these ships to slug it out with the dominion batelcrusers they probably whuld have lost adn then the core worlds whold be defencles (wait a secod they whore when the bree joined the war) whell they wold have lost the only chanse they had for survival it is like a last resort ofa sitiuation whe you send those ships to balense thengs  

E_Look

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2004, 09:49:44 am »
You sure there were only two??

Marauth

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2004, 10:43:58 am »
We don't know, DS9 never portrayed any because they have this insane fear of ever showing a ship that was called Enterprise (except the Galaxy) there were probably dozens of them, though we're given the impression the Ent-E was the second one built.

Redragon

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2004, 11:08:53 am »
I'm thinking it probably takes very advance shipyards to build these things, shipyards that only exists near the core worlds so by the time the Sovereign is completed and sent to the front lines, the war would probably been over. Plus, it was a good idea to keep these things defending the core of the Federation even during the Dominion War from what we've heard what happened at Betazed and Earth. Then theres First Contact, without a Sovereign Class Earth would have been assimilated.

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2004, 11:36:46 am »
True that the core worlds need protection, but then again even in FC there was a mistake.  The Enterprise was ordered to the Neutral Zone.  The only reason they made it was of Picard's knowlage and the fact that he disobayed orders.  In Insurrection though, the Enterprise was never near Earth, she was throwing parties and go to Archeological digs a such.  The Sovereign is the most Advanced ship in Starfleet, besides Prometheus and such, but they should have been at least there to Retake DS9 or at the Battle of Cardassia.

Marauth

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2004, 01:17:09 pm »
That was a licensing problem - if they showed a Sovereign on DS9 then a company that gets a game license for DS9 can use the Enterprise E so no one would buy the TNG license cuz the Galaxy and Nebula + the Cardies and Ferengi and Rommies are already over on DS9. That said there aren't many TNG games in the first place.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2004, 01:36:46 pm »
It had more to do with the fact that Berman doesn't like having ships of the same class as a "hero" ship from another series showing up randomly on another show.  If it was clearly stated that the model was of a different starship, like the Oddessey or the Bellerephon on DS9, that's one thing.  But if it's seen in the background for a few seconds, say a Sov during "Sacrifice of Angels," you would have had 87 internet posts titled "ENTERPRIZE-E IN DOM WAR!" showing up the next day.

That said, B&B eased off on that rule in the later days of DS9 and VOY, hence so many Galaxies during the war and the final episode of VOY.  Interestingly enough, if the Federation held the Sovs back as a last line of defense post-First Contact, wouldn't one of them responded to the appearance of the Borg ship in "Endgame"?  As I noted in my fiction and in the background text I wrote for GaW (which I hope one day will use this and many of Redragon's models), the Sovs are expensive to build and during the war, it made more sense cost-wise to build more of other classes of ships than one or two Sovs.  That's why there wasn't more than say four or five by my reckoning during the time of SFC3.

Edit: Also remember that there weren't more than six to twelve Galaxy-class ships, as well.  If the Sov is meant to replace them, one would think that there would by that many or less.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 03:14:17 pm by Rat_Boy »

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2004, 03:04:37 pm »
Berman seems like the best answer.  That kinda ruins it all though.  It shouldnt matter about rights, timeline and common sence should come in.

Marauth

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2004, 03:39:16 pm »
Timeline!? Common sense!? What are these strange things you speak of - they sound like fell beasts that must be slaughtered by the shinning light of Berman's holy sword of anti-canon!

ROFL impaling Berman seems like the best answer to me.

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2004, 06:31:57 pm »
bump...

ya know, I was lookin at Enterprise pics and noticed that there were some white running lights on the Engines, just above the Ramscoops.  Will you add them to the model?

ModelsPlease

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2004, 04:33:10 am »
If you read my thread on Vote for the Titan,I have the numbers for the total Fed ships before and after the Dominion war,and the type of ships each one was.  

ChrisJohnson

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2004, 08:11:50 am »
Quote:

Edit: Also remember that there weren't more than six to twelve Galaxy-class ships, as well.  If the Sov is meant to replace them, one would think that there would be that many or less.

I don't believe the Sovereign--which seems more to be based on combat than exploration--was made to replace the Galaxy-class Starships.  If they were, by Nemesis they'd all be gone by then.  But in one diagram, wasn't there one indicated?  I mean,  we can see on one diagram that the first of her class (That's my ship!) was still alive and kicking ready to defend the Federation.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2004, 11:07:48 am »
Quote:

If they were, by Nemesis they'd all be gone by then.  But in one diagram, wasn't there one indicated?

Not necessairily. If a replacement class of ship was just coming online, any navy wouldn't immediately mothball the predecessor.  Heck, we all know Starfleet loves to keep ships well past their sell-by date.  Just look at the Excelsior and Miranda.  Perhaps replace was too strong a word.  Succeed would be more accurate.

ChrisJohnson

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2004, 12:17:05 pm »
I guess you're right. *shrug* I'm just too fond of the Galaxy class, I never saw a reason why Berman wanted a new ship.

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2004, 04:07:26 pm »
I like the Galaxy Class, but the Sovereign is still on the top of my list.  I dont know why they wanted to replace the Enterprise-D though, but the Sovereign was a good choice for the new Enterprise.  I hope we can see more Sovereign class ships in future shows or movies...

Rat_Boy

« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2004, 07:38:19 pm »
Hey RD, I read over at the BCU boards that FTB was nearly done, but the Sov wasn't.  How soon before we start seeing your guys' work online for SFC?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Rat_Boy »

Redragon

« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2004, 11:02:01 pm »
We haven't even gotten it far enough to send it to DD to convert yet, he might be able to get his hands on it sometime in the next couple of days.

The Akira however will probably be ready and released simutaneously as FtB.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2004, 09:15:40 pm »
bump to keep the interest going.

olbuzzard

« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2004, 09:56:05 pm »
RD...

Man this model VERY NICE.  If ya are like me you have more to do than you can say grace over ....  but if it wouldn't be too much trouble  ...  could ya at least give us a little up date.  Any idea when this might be available for SFC-3 ?  

Redragon

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2004, 11:45:13 pm »
Unfortunately, this ship won't be available for a few more weeks though the Akira and Valdore will be released in a couple of days.

olbuzzard

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2004, 07:36:53 am »
That's cool ...  keep us informed.  And if those other tow are anything like this one so far...  I'd REALLY be interested in seeing them !!!

We like you work bud !!!  Keep it commign !!

Rat_Boy

« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2004, 01:50:52 pm »
Quote:

Unfortunately, this ship won't be available for a few more weeks though the Akira and Valdore will be released in a couple of days.  

Will these be the only three that get ported to SFC3 in the near future, or do you have more on the way?  Better question, what is on tap from you guys?

Rat_Boy

« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2004, 02:31:41 pm »
'Nother question.  When all the ships are converted to SFC3, will they have their own loadouts?  I was hoping just to install the models over the ones that'll be in the next version of GaW without messing with their weapons and stuff.

Redragon

« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2004, 03:49:28 pm »
We have most of the major ships done from all eras. Theres over 150 of them so I'm not going to list them all.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2004, 04:12:35 pm »
Wouldn't want you to develop carpal tunnel syndrome, now would we?  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2004, 10:41:30 am »

ChrisJohnson

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2004, 10:20:37 pm »
Since I don't have SFC3...
...Will any be properly made for SFC2, hardpoints and all?

Rat_Boy

« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2004, 12:05:54 pm »
I know this a bit late for it, but if anyone with the FTB crowd was looking to make tweaks to the model, I thought that this would help.  It is essentially the model used in the movie sans textures.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2004, 11:10:18 pm »
One final bump for any updates.

At any rate, every time someone tries to do a Sov, there's always the complaint that there isn't enough good reference shots of the model to spotlight certain areas.  Well, the "toy" they're building at the link above seems to be an answer to those questions.  I mean, look at the detail they're going to put into it.  If you somehow turned that model into a form that can run in SFC3, it'd overload your graphics card, I'd reckon.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2004, 04:07:10 am »
That's a great reference indeed,thanks for sharing it.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2004, 09:57:22 pm »
Quote:

hey RD ...  just asking sir..  any chance ya might be able to wrap this one up in a purty package for us.  You have one heck of a Sovy there bud !!