Topic: Sovereign Class WIP - Final Update  (Read 9862 times)

ChrisJohnson

Re: Sovereign Class WIP
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2004, 08:11:50 am »
Quote:

Edit: Also remember that there weren't more than six to twelve Galaxy-class ships, as well.  If the Sov is meant to replace them, one would think that there would be that many or less.

I don't believe the Sovereign--which seems more to be based on combat than exploration--was made to replace the Galaxy-class Starships.  If they were, by Nemesis they'd all be gone by then.  But in one diagram, wasn't there one indicated?  I mean,  we can see on one diagram that the first of her class (That's my ship!) was still alive and kicking ready to defend the Federation.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2004, 11:07:48 am »
Quote:

If they were, by Nemesis they'd all be gone by then.  But in one diagram, wasn't there one indicated?

Not necessairily. If a replacement class of ship was just coming online, any navy wouldn't immediately mothball the predecessor.  Heck, we all know Starfleet loves to keep ships well past their sell-by date.  Just look at the Excelsior and Miranda.  Perhaps replace was too strong a word.  Succeed would be more accurate.

ChrisJohnson

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2004, 12:17:05 pm »
I guess you're right. *shrug* I'm just too fond of the Galaxy class, I never saw a reason why Berman wanted a new ship.

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2004, 04:07:26 pm »
I like the Galaxy Class, but the Sovereign is still on the top of my list.  I dont know why they wanted to replace the Enterprise-D though, but the Sovereign was a good choice for the new Enterprise.  I hope we can see more Sovereign class ships in future shows or movies...

Rat_Boy

« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2004, 07:38:19 pm »
Hey RD, I read over at the BCU boards that FTB was nearly done, but the Sov wasn't.  How soon before we start seeing your guys' work online for SFC?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Rat_Boy »

Redragon

« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2004, 11:02:01 pm »
We haven't even gotten it far enough to send it to DD to convert yet, he might be able to get his hands on it sometime in the next couple of days.

The Akira however will probably be ready and released simutaneously as FtB.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2004, 09:15:40 pm »
bump to keep the interest going.

olbuzzard

« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2004, 09:56:05 pm »
RD...

Man this model VERY NICE.  If ya are like me you have more to do than you can say grace over ....  but if it wouldn't be too much trouble  ...  could ya at least give us a little up date.  Any idea when this might be available for SFC-3 ?  

Redragon

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2004, 11:45:13 pm »
Unfortunately, this ship won't be available for a few more weeks though the Akira and Valdore will be released in a couple of days.

olbuzzard

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2004, 07:36:53 am »
That's cool ...  keep us informed.  And if those other tow are anything like this one so far...  I'd REALLY be interested in seeing them !!!

We like you work bud !!!  Keep it commign !!

Rat_Boy

« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2004, 01:50:52 pm »
Quote:

Unfortunately, this ship won't be available for a few more weeks though the Akira and Valdore will be released in a couple of days.  

Will these be the only three that get ported to SFC3 in the near future, or do you have more on the way?  Better question, what is on tap from you guys?

Rat_Boy

« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2004, 02:31:41 pm »
'Nother question.  When all the ships are converted to SFC3, will they have their own loadouts?  I was hoping just to install the models over the ones that'll be in the next version of GaW without messing with their weapons and stuff.

Redragon

« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2004, 03:49:28 pm »
We have most of the major ships done from all eras. Theres over 150 of them so I'm not going to list them all.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2004, 04:12:35 pm »
Wouldn't want you to develop carpal tunnel syndrome, now would we?  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2004, 10:41:30 am »

ChrisJohnson

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2004, 10:20:37 pm »
Since I don't have SFC3...
...Will any be properly made for SFC2, hardpoints and all?

Rat_Boy

« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2004, 12:05:54 pm »
I know this a bit late for it, but if anyone with the FTB crowd was looking to make tweaks to the model, I thought that this would help.  It is essentially the model used in the movie sans textures.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2004, 11:10:18 pm »
One final bump for any updates.

At any rate, every time someone tries to do a Sov, there's always the complaint that there isn't enough good reference shots of the model to spotlight certain areas.  Well, the "toy" they're building at the link above seems to be an answer to those questions.  I mean, look at the detail they're going to put into it.  If you somehow turned that model into a form that can run in SFC3, it'd overload your graphics card, I'd reckon.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2004, 04:07:10 am »
That's a great reference indeed,thanks for sharing it.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2004, 09:57:22 pm »
Quote:

hey RD ...  just asking sir..  any chance ya might be able to wrap this one up in a purty package for us.  You have one heck of a Sovy there bud !!