Topic: WIP: FASA Klingon D10 cruiser renovation  (Read 1915 times)

Marauth

WIP: FASA Klingon D10 cruiser renovation
« on: April 08, 2004, 08:55:55 am »
Only WIP at the moment as I'm not happy retaining Atrahasis' textures, no offense - I love his style but they just wont fit with WZ's textures, also this is one of the most hideous meshes I've ever seen, there're dozens of polygons floating around inside the mesh for no reason and none of the vertices appear to be welded together, dunno if I got a duff copy of the D10. Anyway, the ship also has lit nacelles cuz I lit the nacelles on my K'T'inga using the nave beacon texture (replaced it with the almost identical photon texture - shh!

Anyway the pics're in my album - here're the links:

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/l35747_485/detail?.dir=/Star+Trek+stuff&.dnm=3531.jpg

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/l35747_485/detail?.dir=/Star+Trek+stuff&.dnm=c62b.jpg

Oh, after cleanup it weighs in at a hefty 2414 polies so not taxing for anything but low-low-low-low-end machines these days. Atra's version was 2511 polies BTW so it's not even an increase.

Wolfsglen

Re: WIP: FASA Klingon D10 cruiser renovation
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 08:58:21 am »
That looks absolutely bloody fantastic! The D10 i was using had some weird stuff going on, so iwas hoping an improved one would pop up somewhen.  

Kaenyne

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 09:02:15 am »
She's really great looking! I'll gladly download her when she's ready!

Marauth

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 09:09:26 am »
Quote:

That looks absolutely bloody fantastic! The D10 i was using had some weird stuff going on, so iwas hoping an improved one would pop up somewhen.  

I've done what I could to clean up the mesh but I'm no modeller, this was mainly gonna be a retexture of the old bits which will start in earnest later 2day, I got me some Legacy of Kain fanfiction staring at me half-finished wanting to be written.

Marauth

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 09:14:30 am »
Quote:

She's really great looking! I'll gladly download her when she's ready!

Cheers, BTW anyone here not too busy who can whip a brk model and check the DPs? cuz M^ don't do either, only HPs, which just happen to be perfect cuz the D10 and D7K have the same no of weapon points.

Rhaz

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 10:48:24 am »
Thanks for the work cleaning up the model!.  The D10 has always been a fav of mine.

Khalee

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 11:36:35 am »
Well send it My way and Ill check it. Just click on my name for my email.

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 01:34:29 pm »
Quote:

Well send it My way and Ill check it. Just click on my name for my email.  

I prefer Atrahasis' version.  

However, I REALLY want this version for the FASA to SFC Collection. The D-10 is the most made non-Canon FASA Klingon warship out there and my favorite FASA Klingon ship.

KF

ModelsPlease

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 03:09:12 am »
Great work sir !!!! I just have a question,shouldn't the narcelles be "beefier"? They look small compared to the massive hull of that ship.I'm not that up on Klingon designs so maybe it's supposed to look like that.I love the texture though

-MP  

Magnum357

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 03:22:40 pm »
As for the small Warp Engines, I thought the D-10 was basically a "Heavy Battlecrusier" of the D-7 class?  Basically a very beefed up version of the D-7.  Besides, in GAW, the D-10 has a lot more firepower and hull capacity available in its design, yet it lacks speed and maneuvering for such a heavy hull.  And since it uses many similar components of D-7 tech, maybe is not designed too be a leathal shark like a D-7 but a Heavy Hitter Battlecrusier that can take more punishment.  

Marauth

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2004, 08:00:53 pm »
I'm just following orders on this one, by which I mean I just scaled the hull to the head and then put all the pieces together, I had a look at the FASA schematic and it seems the nacelles really are very small in comparison to the hull. If I make an update to the dreadnought version I did for KF a while back which has the wraparound disruptors then it'll look much more in proportion.

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2004, 09:13:27 pm »
Quote:

I'm just following orders on this one, by which I mean I just scaled the hull to the head and then put all the pieces together, I had a look at the FASA schematic and it seems the nacelles really are very small in comparison to the hull. If I make an update to the dreadnought version I did for KF a while back which has the wraparound disruptors then it'll look much more in proportion.  

Does this mean you will actually kitbash the D-10B with Atra's C-7 Command pod [not the C-5 one] with the C-7 warp engines now?

I will hold off getting the FASA to SFC Collection out the door if this is true. Just let me know how much time you need.

KF

Marauth

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2004, 10:24:42 pm »
I'd advise against that as I would need to retexture the boom section, if I get the hull retextured b4 the weekend's over then I'll get on it right away, could be done by next weekend depending on how drunk I get on my b-day

Edit: just reread your post, sorry, yes I'll do the version with the wraparound disruptors and the additional marine/cryo areas on the connecting neck, that'll take no time at all, but I may have a go at incorporating the C5 boom with 2-torps and 3 bridge towers.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 10:26:43 pm by Marauth »

ModelsPlease

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2004, 02:32:09 am »
Quote:

I'd advise against that as I would need to retexture the boom section, if I get the hull retextured b4 the weekend's over then I'll get on it right away, could be done by next weekend depending on how drunk I get on my b-day

Edit: just reread your post, sorry, yes I'll do the version with the wraparound disruptors and the additional marine/cryo areas on the connecting neck, that'll take no time at all, but I may have a go at incorporating the C5 boom with 2-torps and 3 bridge towers.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARAUTH  just thought I'd get that out of the way now

-MP