Topic: Which SFC game is your favorite?  (Read 28612 times)

Toasty0

Which SFC game is your favorite?
« on: February 28, 2003, 05:04:03 am »

Favorite SFC

SFC 1

SFC2 EAW

SFC Orion Pirates

SFC 3

Aoav160

Re: Which SFC game is your favorite?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2003, 05:40:20 am »
SFC2 EAW. I liked the idea of the SFC getting closer to the actual weapons and characteristics of what they should have but when SFC2 was at it's height it was fun, there was a large and quality community.

SirWilliam

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 05:46:34 am »
With more races (GORN!), ships, and the non-"dumbed down" ship controls, to say nothing of mission variety, SFC2:EAW was without a doubt the best of the bunch.  If the D2 had been better, I would by now have abandoned SFC3 completely.

Still holding out hope for the current incarnation...

SW  

FireSoul

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 05:48:12 am »
All I can say--ayy..
.. is give OP a chaaaaance..

GT-Keravnos

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2003, 06:39:02 am »
OP
OP
OP
OP
and
OP!

Has got everything SFC2 has + so many more!

The main reason why has posted above!

Long Live Firesoul+Son Inc. !!!    

Demandred

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2003, 07:25:24 am »
OP. If only it hadn't been crippled by bugs...

jdmckinney

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2003, 07:49:54 am »
Ditto. When it works (if ever), OP will be recognized as the best of the breed.

FireSoul

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2003, 07:52:14 am »
The results of this post should be interesting.

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2003, 08:28:02 am »
I had to say EAW...however, when/if OP is ever patched to an equivalent of 2.0.3.6, it will be the best.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2003, 09:56:43 am »
Ditto, I voted for EAW, but if Arctic ever resurfaces and
manages to fix the OP D2 then that would be where it's at!
(Hopefully we haven't heard from him because he's been
working on it all this time...)  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by rajnsaj »

Rhaz

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2003, 11:04:24 am »
Gotta be - OP

More races, more weapons, (now) has the EAW missions + the stock ones, more ERA's

Rhaz

Scipio_66

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2003, 12:36:10 pm »
EAW, and by a wide margin!

None of the other three games have anything like playing SFB on the dynaverse.  I bought EAW hours before it hit the shelves (I made the stock boy go in the back ang get it) and I still play it almost daily when I'm not busy designing new D2 campaigns.

The other two were good;
*SFC1 was fantastic, and very worth the money I spent on it.  But it had nothing like the DV.  There is nothing wrong with SFC1, it's just been supplanted.
*OP kept all the old D2 bugs from EAW (including the three-year-old unfixed patrol bug), and then introduced more.  It can be pared down to it's good essence (and I'm sure it will be if anyone ever fixes it's D2) but I'll still never completely forgive it for taking that first big step onto the slipperly slope of SFC3.

SFC3..... just not my bag.  'Nuf said.  I do wish it had a different name.

But of course, the BEST version will be GAW (you know...... some day) -- It should have all the fun of EAW but with a greatly ehanced Dyna experience and more admin controls over how the universe operates.  Keep hope alive!

-S'Cipio

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2003, 01:49:22 pm »
I hereby change my vote to GAW!

Mr. Hypergol

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2003, 03:00:51 pm »
Quote:

I hereby change my vote to GAW!

Me too!!!  GAW!!!

Let's finish EAW's storyline.  

Tyranus

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2003, 03:15:54 pm »
SFC 1 for me, the original. why, you may ask? somthing about that game just made it seem more as if you were a part of the race you choose to play as. the familiar picture of your races capital city on your homeworld in your home sector, and pictures of your races starbases when you moved to other sectors was somthing i really liked. if they just incorporated that orginal setup into these newer games in would have enjoyed them much more.

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2003, 03:31:49 pm »
I agree with the racial flavoring of SFC1.  They had racial screens at every level, obviously the pattern of SFC in this manner is disturbing.   At this rate, SFC4 will be an all text game with a single font and no graphics at all.

I have to install SFC1 every so often just to get the flavor (I play a lot of Fed on SFC1, to get the Trek feel)

Overall though, I'm still holding out hope for OP.  If it get's fixed, it's D2, it will be the best game out of the bunch.  Sure, it lacks the racial flavoring of screens on SFC1 but it's got so much more including a Dynaverse.  The only thing EAW has going for it at this point is that it got fixed and OP didn't.  Had OP recieved even a fraction of the attention from Taldren that EAW did you would be able to make a "pure" eaw server with the advances in OP (like arcs and maulers, which are very useful despite what some say) and you would be able to have a stock OP setup with Advanced era.  For modders surely there could be no greater game than OP since it offers a much larger variety of weapons and variables to work with.

In short: OP.  

IndyShark

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2003, 05:39:11 pm »
Orion Pirates!

The_Joker

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2003, 03:18:54 am »
I voted SFC1.  Its because of the overall fun I had with it EAW and OP might have more going for them.  SFC3 is a damned site prettier.

But........

Nothing will beat the old days of smack talking and everyone being in the same place on mplayer.  

Tulmahk

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2003, 06:34:15 am »
The responses here tell me just why it is the SFC line is now essentially over, and why it would be best for the next Trek starship sim to come from a different developer and producer (Taldren is going to kick major ass at console games with Black-9 sounding wonderful, and I'd be shocked if Activision wanted to do another ST ship sim given the lack of popoularity of this one).

Time to leave all the baggage far, far behind.  A fresh start would be best.  

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2003, 07:05:25 am »
Do enlighten us, how exactly do the responses here explain to you why the SFC series should be over?

Because those who posted prefered the ORIGINAL concept SFC/SFB, and not the current "generation"?

What it shows me, is that there is a pretty damn good reason for the sales of SFC3 to be in the tank, as was the box office take for Nemesis...

Have a nice day!