Topic: Titan WIP  (Read 17894 times)

Sandman3D

Re: Titan WIP
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2004, 09:16:09 am »
Glad ya'll are in no hurry...it's gonna take awhile. While the 2ndary hull is similar to the Sovvy, there's an extra part...the neck. I can get decent Sovvy hull, but when I try to do the neck, it tweaks the mesh. Had a pretty good one going, but then...BAM, power went out...lost 2 hours of work. Worst of all, been working on it for hours, can't get it to look as good as that 1st one. Oh well, this how you learn and get better. Maybe later I'll post pics of the hulls I have made...6 so far. Might be a good learning tool for someone to see the progress.  

Sandman3D

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2004, 10:58:34 am »
OK, here's the latest attempt. I went a completely different route, instead of trying to make it one hull, I did the neck seperately. I know it needs shaping, but I think it's going in the right direction. Normally, I would send these pics to Azel and Ol Bizzard on PM, but I figured get everyone involved. Any suggestions appreciated, especially from modelers (max users ).

Reverend

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2004, 01:25:10 pm »
Sandman, that looks just fine from here.... just keep going on that... the neck is tall, but so is the drawing/schematic...
fits it just dandy

I'm not a modeler, but the sizing seems true  

Sandman3D

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2004, 12:06:02 pm »
Bump for Azel and Ol Buzzard. Also, WZ gave me some advice on how he would do it, so I'm experimenting with that also. When I get a decent one, I'll post pics, and we can decide which is better.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2004, 12:22:29 pm »
Thank you sir...  Again..  I'm at work right now..  I'll send ya a PM later this evening.  Again take your time.  Consult whom ever is necessary.  This is a learing experience for both of us..   and I think the cooperation show here on this project has just been pretty darn cool !!!

Sandman3D

Re: Titan WIP **UPDATED PICS May 3**
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2004, 01:37:13 pm »
OK, here's a look at the way it turned out with WZ suggestion...looks pretty good to me, IMHO.

olbuzzard

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2004, 03:15:20 pm »
COOL...    dont forget the suggestions on the primary hull  ...

most excellent bud !!!

Sandman3D

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2004, 12:26:02 am »
Thanx!! I'll get the primary re-worked...just needed to do the 2ndary hull...I was obsessed with it. Seriously, that was the one thing making me anxious about it.   But, now it should go much smoother. After all, 2 days on the 2ndary hull, when I usually only need a few hours to do a mesh, I learned alot...mainly patience.  

Sandman3D

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2004, 09:01:00 am »
Should get more done tonight after work, chk back for updates.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2004, 09:08:15 am »
Sounds good sir.  WE have a lot of RL stuff going on the next couple of days any ways..  I look forward to your continued updates.

thanks

Azel

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2004, 04:48:33 pm »
Your work is superb Sandman!!!
but I think that you are off in your proportions of the ship....
If you can wait I'll try and draw up a simple bow elevation within the next 2 days, so you can see whats going on
If you want that is

Amazing work as usual mate

PS sorry for not getting back sooner...I have been really busy as of late  

Sandman3D

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2004, 08:01:05 pm »
NP, and thanx! I knew you were busy, lots of projects and RL, so was hesitant to ask for more drawings. I should be able to resize without too much trouble. Now I know how to build it.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2004, 09:35:10 pm »
the origonal post has a good side view and a good top and bottom biew where the proportions are good.  If I need  to repost let me know !

olbuzzard

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2004, 10:55:16 pm »
these show good side elevations and proportions.  This will help some.

Reverend

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2004, 10:59:21 pm »
man..... this is gonna be sweeet!!!!!  

Core

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2004, 03:45:03 am »
to say the least

Sandman3D

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2004, 08:54:43 am »
OK, I have the side view, doesn't really show much difference in neck height than the Sov. Anyway, the main thing I was worried about right now was the shape...if the shape looks right, then getting the size and proportions will be easy. I was just worried about how to do the neck, especially the channel where the def. dish is...but thanx for the comparisons. That's one of the nice things about going 3d with this, seeing how it all looks, if it works together etc. Let me know if the basic shape is good, and I'll get the proportions worked out.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2004, 09:48:54 am »
Quote:

OK, here's a look at the way it turned out with WZ suggestion...looks pretty good to me, IMHO.

The neck attaches to far forward to the bottom of the saucer in the WIP.If you compare it to the side view in this pic.....

The front of the neck to lower saucer attachment ends at the side channel on the saucer.Your's extends almost even to where the bridge section is on the upper hull Sandman sir,and the angle looks wrong on the front of the neck as it slopes toward the deflector area.But I don't know enough about modeling so I'm not sure if you intended to reshape or adjust that Sandman sir,I just wanted to point that out.Just trying to help.Keep up the great work !!!!

-MP

olbuzzard

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2004, 10:05:46 am »
GOTCH YA ..  Watch the width and length of the primary hull ...  the neck should be just a tad higher than the sovy ..  and tapered differently at the back of it as it comes off of the area next to the impuse engines.  Azel is refering to how the neck tapers to the secondary hull and the Primary as well.   I will try to do a couple of sketches myself..  This week is turning out ot be just plain nuts.   On top of everything else my '91 Suburban, though it runs good for the most part, is other wise falling apart ...  time to trade ..  OY  ...  18k for a USED pickup .....  I think I've found one for 13500 ...  but still this is a royal pain in the tushy  ...  and I hate spending the $$$$  ...  Busy week !!

a lot of RL stuff going on besides all this.... Azel.....  if you get the chance to do the front sketches .. PLEASE do.  

thanks

Sandman3D

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2004, 04:45:38 pm »

The neck attaches to far forward to the bottom of the saucer in the WIP.If you compare it to the side view in this pic.....

The front of the neck to lower saucer attachment ends at the side channel on the saucer.Your's extends almost even to where the bridge section is on the upper hull Sandman sir,and the angle looks wrong on the front of the neck as it slopes toward the deflector area.But I don't know enough about modeling so I'm not sure if you intended to reshape or adjust that Sandman sir,I just wanted to point that out.Just trying to help.Keep up the great work !!!!

-MP

OK, maybe the confusion comes from 2 minds working on this...the side view I'm working off of is the one Azel did, see it in the thread (USS Titan as envisioned by Ol Buzzard), and that has the neck where I have it...granted the angles are too steep in the wip, but  that is the one I've been using.

Azel, Ol Buzzard, please get together and decide which it is to be, then let me know/send me the correct diagram.