Topic: Titan WIP  (Read 17895 times)

olbuzzard

Re: Titan WIP **UPDATED PICS May 3**
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2004, 06:08:59 pm »
Sandman..

1.  I can see where you would think that is the case.  The one thing that is a bit different is the over all "lower profile" the primary hull has.  If you notice the over aal thickness is changed too.  Also the Primary hull is "larger" as well.  We wanted to get away from simply reproducing another "Sovy" with a little diferent bridge design.  From the side ...  the primary hull has to be proportionately larger with the neck area .... other wise it looks some what dwarfed .  

2.  The line that is there (but almost invisible) tapers with a very narrow curve ...  so much so that from the side view it almost disapears.

3.  Also I got to looking closer at the Back end of the secondary hull.  The underside should be shaped differently, not cylinder shaped ...  

4.  I did reshape the primary hull as follows from the origonal sketch ...  again it was because it was never my intent to recreate another "Sovy".
     a.  Wider presentation of the same primary hull  ( simply stated it was "sreatched" ....  just a bit )
     b.  Lower profile of primary hull:  this helped with  overall proportions ...  helped to lean a little toward a newer hull.
     c.  slightly longer presentation of primary hull ...  again the overall presentation of the this section was enlarged....  result was a different profile than that of the Soverign.

Also it should be noted that the nacelles are longer in the final picts ( top and side views ) .  The above reviews are the ones I would really like seen followed if it is at all possible.

Thanks

Sandman3D

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2004, 11:19:11 pm »
OK...I already started re-doing the primary...the canals are more rounded, as you suggested, and I made it wider...just not as wide as you have it. That can be fixed. As for the 2ndary, what you see is just showing the attempt for the neck area...that has been my concern, more than the 2ndary itself. If we're going with your altered side view, that will make it a lot simpler. Azels shows it curving and flowing in like on the Sov, where as yours shows it more direct into the primary, with the, I assume, sensor pod on a seperate platform. That's much easier than the whole connected look.

Like you've said, it's great to have the community effort in this, so please let me know when I deviate from the plan. We want this baby to shine!!  

olbuzzard

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2004, 07:33:26 am »
Quote:

OK...I already started re-doing the primary...the canals are more rounded, as you suggested, and I made it wider...just not as wide as you have it. That can be fixed. As for the 2ndary, what you see is just showing the attempt for the neck area...that has been my concern, more than the 2ndary itself. If we're going with your altered side view, that will make it a lot simpler. Azels shows it curving and flowing in like on the Sov, where as yours shows it more direct into the primary, with the, I assume, sensor pod on a seperate platform. That's much easier than the whole connected look.

Like you've said, it's great to have the community effort in this, so please let me know when I deviate from the plan. We want this baby to shine!!  

I agree..  this may take a while ...  but that's ok ...  As for the  neck...  again it really does extend as one piece to the toro launcher  as one piece.  If there ia any way I can find some free time to sketch ..  or add to the current side view ( perhaps do a little photoshop work in color ) to better illustrate I will tonight.   A lot of it has to do  with the "profile" where the lines almost disapear when reviewed as a black and white drawing.  

BTW...  I really appreciated your good attitude in working with us on this.  Your paitence is commendable !!

thank you sir !!

Sandman3D

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2004, 09:00:08 am »
Well, you have to be patient, this is a whole new ship, so have to work the kinks out as we go.   Now, where's Azel with that dang front view.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2004, 09:56:51 am »
Quote:

Well, you have to be patient, this is a whole new ship, so have to work the kinks out as we go.   Now, where's Azel with that dang front view.  

TEAM WORK SIR !!!!!

YEAH !!  THAT'S COOL !!!!

Core

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2004, 09:57:20 am »
probubly duing it right now

ModelsPlease

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2004, 04:55:22 pm »
Quote:

I'm patient   , very patient   , yes sir that's me Mr. Patience .There's no hurry  , I can wait  , yup no problemo   .No biggie  ................Well ???????  
GIMMIE   GIMMIE   GIMMIE  

J/K
This is going to be an epic ship.And it's been a ton o fun all during the process.Now where's Azel's front view, I have no doubt it will be another masterpiece.

-MP

olbuzzard

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2004, 05:01:38 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

I'm patient   , very patient   , yes sir that's me Mr. Patience .There's no hurry  , I can wait  , yup no problemo   .No biggie  ................Well ???????  
GIMMIE   GIMMIE   GIMMIE  

Core

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2004, 05:03:06 pm »
Quote:

Sandman3D

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2004, 09:17:25 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Seeing Azels post, I guess we'll have to figure this out ourselves...give hime something to look forward to when he returns.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2004, 11:28:00 am »
IMHO I say we wait for Azel.

Sandman3D

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2004, 09:46:01 am »
Azel will have the final say on release, but as it is Ol Buzzards design that Azel polished up, we're gonna go ahead and get it done/almost done, so he can come back and see a purty ship. I really don't think he wants everything put on hold until he comes back...with his situation it could be awhile, taking care of family and all. Don't worry, Ol Buzz seems to think along the same lines as Azel, so it should work out ok.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2004, 05:36:10 pm »
Quote:

Azel will have the final say on release, but as it is Ol Buzzards design that Azel polished up, we're gonna go ahead and get it done/almost done, so he can come back and see a purty ship. I really don't think he wants everything put on hold until he comes back...with his situation it could be awhile, taking care of family and all. Don't worry, Ol Buzz seems to think along the same lines as Azel, so it should work out ok.  

well  said sir ..   well said !!

ModelsPlease

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2004, 10:00:46 pm »
Well in that case.......GIMMIE the  ModelsPlease .  

Sandman3D

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2004, 10:50:00 pm »
 NO,NO,NO!!!  

OK, here's a look at the progress so far...remember, this is a  very rough wip; it's probably gonna change as I get more feedback from Ol Buzzard. As you can see, I've continued to refine the shape, more will be done as I get directions from Buzz. She really comes alive as I do this, she's gonna be great when done...thanx in no small part to all the feedback from ya'll.

Reverend

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2004, 12:21:50 am »
definately moving right along, looks excellent  

olbuzzard

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2004, 08:00:13 am »
excellent start sir.  Today is Mothers Day ...  soooooo  we'll be spending quite a bit time with wifey this afternoon.  It may very well be later this evening ...  (9 to 10 pm CST before I can post or send via PM any suggestions.)

Thanks once again for all of your time and efforts on this project.

Sandman3D

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2004, 10:59:48 am »
No problem...wouldn't be doing much with it or anything else today myself.  

Kaenyne

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2004, 08:54:33 am »
Even rough, she looks very good.  

Sandman3D

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2004, 01:14:41 am »
A quick news update: Ol Buzzard has sent me some pics of some needed changes, so I will be working on her tomorrow.

I'd like to thank you all for allowing me to take my time with this. Alot of this is a learing experience for me...I've always tried to stay away from most TNG/post-TNG designs because they were too hard to do, but I just couldn't stop thinking about this beauty. Thanx again, and keep an eye out for more news/pics.