Topic: Has anyone thought of these designs Please Sticky for Brainstorming sessions  (Read 15243 times)

Fallen_Warrior

Quote:

Oh 1 more rant-I hate model requestrs who say they need this and that but we alreadty have too many TOS ships. Says who,  Fallen Warrior? The forum tends to go in cycles, there have been times when hardly a TOS ship comes out, then there are 12 at once. I tried to get a TOS mod going for SFC3 but had the last 5 posts in it. So to me at times there seams no interest in it. Maybe its more of lack of interest in SFC3 really.  

for one i havent said anything about needing models so please dont attack me or use my name to prove points,
firstly i started this thread so people could post ships that i either dont know of there releases or havent been made and would make a nice addition to mods,
secondly if everyone posts links for models or make there collections avaliable everyone would know where what model is i mean do you know where a pink borg cube would be (using it as an example only) Most people who have recently joinded the world of sfc have no idea where to get some models i myself didnt find out about a gumtu model and a fair few others untill MP gave me a link and klingon fanatic wouldnt have gotten an answer about the ships he wanted because his small post would have been forgotten very quickly.
yes of course a new ship post can be forgotten very quickly after been released because all the main users of the board will have downloaded it and forgotten about it and when a newbie comes in they reas all the great stuff about this fabu;lous new ship and cant find it. because the site has been forgotten or the file is no longer there thats why im building up a list of who has what and if some one wants it they can find it quick and simple.

YOU stated yourself YOU want more Hydrans released and you make your own but what if someone has made some that look great and something YOU want but havent heard about because it got forgotten how woulf YOU get it if no one you know has it (its a rhetorical question) but heres the answer if anyone has any models no one else has they  mention what it is and it gets added to the list so everyone has acces to it i belive thats why the internet was first created to send infomation and to be accessed by the people who want it.

this tread doesnt just benifet me it benifets everyone, In the last 3 days there has been at least 5 posts asking where a model is and since ive found out where some stuff is ive helped 3 people getting what they want. just though this Thread Hence why it has been bumped so many times.

and on your point of the Melak what if someone made 3 diffrent versions and 10 people had a choice of which one they would go for personaly i would go for the one with the nicest lighting and hardpoint placement and someone else would go with a more canon feel whle someoue else would choose none of them because it doesnt have what they are looking for, for their game.
you have the benifet of been able to make your own ships and your lucky i saluet you for it infact if i could make my own models i would and i would release them and i know that everything i make is to their liking we each have out own opinions and fair play i mean is that why we have our own thoughts and veiws thats what makes the HUMAN race such an intresting race the ideas that people have are as unique as they are.

you have come in to this thread twice to in my opinion bad mouth it and im not here to make ripples i just want to be able to find ships that i would like to see in my own modified game and if i cant find something i would like to know where i could get it just as you would like to know and every other person on and off the forum, it took me 3 months before i even heard about SFC3 Files after i had started to play the game and it got boring now i know of sfc3 files i found ships i liked then from them i found this place and about 100 diffrent sites that helped me in getting a nice happy game and one day i hope to add to this varied world of ships. but untill then i think i will work on a way of finding out a way so everyone new or old to the sfc world.

i hope klingon fanatic doesnt mind me mentioning this but we both had a love for Magic the Gathering as most of you might know its an expencive collecting card game and some cards can sell for over $50 so it gets hard to keep up if you need that winning combo in your deck, then we found SFC and we chose that over our cards because looking at a new model gives you the smae feeling of opening a booster pack you can trade a ship for a ship without worrying if its rare or common ot an ultra rare because everythig about the ships are free to deal with apart the software which is starting to drop in price but not by much, so i think everyone who hasnt got the sftware can make requests to the modders it doesnt mean they have to get made everyone had there dream cards they want and it goes no diffrently for ships (you know this yourself thats why you make the ships yourself) so kindly stop trying to make it out like im some sort of bad person i have a damn good idea and it deserves a chance to be tried out so dont come and squat on it before its given a chance.

im sorry for making this such a hostile thread but i dont like people squating on me and making out im a boogie man for TOS in my first post i said the ideas that flow for the TOS and TMP didnt need to listed because good ideas come out of this everyday for instance wicked zombies avenger class (which i am still drooling over because its so good) is a good example of this and Klingon Fanatics idea for a FASA mod for SFC is sheer genious combining loads of Movie period ships and giving SFC3 a more Empires at war feel is just what the game needs so im not saying no more TOS or TMP infact im saying the oppersite "if you know of any i dont know about tell me so everyone else can know and we can all get what we want.

second apolergy for poor spelling im dyslexic and i have a mild form of autism which is why i like things organised and why im so hot headed, but its a huge benifet when i come to mods because they get sorted and it gets done faster than leaving a simple post to gather dust for a year after only 3 posts.
thats all im saying so remember red_green im not your enimie but from now on im not your freind either just dont bad mouth or critersise me anymore unless its completly valid (been valid isnt something that you belive in its when you hear other stuff about an injustice been made and they have the same veiws on)
consider yourself told because im not bothering with you again.

Fallen_Warrior

Quote:

galactica and B-5 ships are out there.

EDIT:  Speaking of galactica, a ship that has not been done is the colonial destroyer, and it would be a simple kitbash of the existing galactica model. Nor have the battlestars with other names like atalantia and pegasus. Again simple bash work.

im digging out my list of BSG ships (and if i remember correctly the colonial destroyer you metioned is called the tiger class) tomorrow and im working on my list for B5 stuff im also looking for any other show or movie ships that might be of intrest to anyone for all versions of the game be it sfc, sfc2/op or sfc3 so please keep your eyes open

Stormbringer

Yep. the tiger class and there is a good picture avaialble on the battlestar pegasus web site. It is a slightly smaller ship than a battle star and is minus the fighter bay out riggers. resizing a galactica and cropping off the bays and the secondary hull section should produce a serviceable model.

Fallen_Warrior

Quote:

Yep. the tiger class and there is a good picture avaialble on the battlestar pegasus web site. It is a slightly smaller ship than a battle star and is minus the fighter bay out riggers. resizing a galactica and cropping off the bays and the secondary hull section should produce a serviceable model.  

hell if you find a modder who wants to do it and can export it into Mod format with verybasic textures i will gladly retexture it BSG is my true first Sci-Fi love

Stormbringer

don't let one dissenting opinion throw you. In any group there will always be differing opinions. Drive on.

Stormbringer

I'll post a request thread but all the modelers are busy. However there was one beginner who was looking for ideas and this may be as simple as I think it is.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 11:21:06 pm by Stormbringer »

Fallen_Warrior

Quote:

I'll post a request thread but all the modelers are busy. However there was one beginner who was looking for ideas and this may be as simple as I think it is.  

well consider yourself in charge of that project (Colonial Tiger Destroyer or CTD for short) and when the textures are needed just ask.

Also thank you for your kind words on your previous post

manitoba

hehe guess who,

well tigershark(ie colonial destroyer) will be ready for u to texture in a few days, maybe tomorrow.  
then as is i am still working on a few more monster ships too, (the SLIVERS) ,  cause u cant beat a sliver mob. however i might get back to my old ships list and remake my blue and white fleet.( ) the 4 vesuvian clone ships, the 4 stasis ships, the 4 serra angels ships, the 4 doppelganger ships, matbe a few savanah lion ships, possible a few others too from that fleet of 52 ships.

but yeah i should have the mesh for that bsg ship done soon hopefully. just have to make the outriggers.  

Fallen_Warrior

Quote:

hehe guess who,

well tigershark(ie colonial destroyer) will be ready for u to texture in a few days, maybe tomorrow.  
then as is i am still working on a few more monster ships too, (the SLIVERS) ,  cause u cant beat a sliver mob. however i might get back to my old ships list and remake my blue and white fleet.( ) the 4 vesuvian clone ships, the 4 stasis ships, the 4 serra angels ships, the 4 doppelganger ships, matbe a few savanah lion ships, possible a few others too from that fleet of 52 ships.

but yeah i should have the mesh for that bsg ship done soon hopefully. just have to make the outriggers.  

your a saint if you could post some stuff on Storms thread about the Tiger im sure he would love to deal with it as he is the idea man when it comes to it could you also give me a bit more feedback on my Nx-05 Fearless as your last one was lets say a little small as a modder and texturer i would like a professional opinion on my first offical job
thanx again

red_green

Quote:

don't let one dissenting opinion throw you. In any group there will always be differing opinions. Drive on.  

Yea pay me no mind. Every once in a while I spend to much time on this game and get all cranky. Fallen Warrior I didn't read all that last post. But just judgeing my the length of it, maybe I PO you a bit. I might have been too abrasive man. Oh well.
I do feal strongly that the Melaks expectations are way out of wack. I think only maybe 3 people in the forum could do it well enough to pull it off. The bar has been set that high for it.  I'd give it a go myself. But I would have to spend 50 hours on it and right after I release it, people would request a better version. So thats why I feel that ship is hands off. Unless you can deal with frustration better than me or are one of the undisclosed 3, maybe 4 modelers  

Drive on. Kepp your stick on the ice. I'm pulling for you. Though at times its hard to tell    

Fallen_Warrior

Quote:

Quote:

Yea pay me no mind. Every once in a while I spend to much time on this game and get all cranky. Fallen Warrior I didn't read all that last post. But just judgeing my the length of it, maybe I PO you a bit. I might have been too abrasive man. Oh well.
I do feal strongly that the Melaks expectations are way out of wack. I think only maybe 3 people in the forum could do it well enough to pull it off. The bar has been set that high for it.  I'd give it a go myself. But I would have to spend 50 hours on it and right after I release it, people would request a better version. So thats why I feel that ship is hands off. Unless you can deal with frustration better than me or are one of the undisclosed 3, maybe 4 modelers  

Drive on. Kepp your stick on the ice. I'm pulling for you. Though at times its hard to tell      

thanx i couldnt have eased off the trigger betting myself. and im not a modder im just a magic texture maker if somemakes a melak which looks the part i will give it the clothes for the job you just need to nail the detail of the fward section then ad on this with some cunning shades here and there and you have it

im just wainting for that ship to skin

anyway since there are no hard feelings ( i dont hold grudges) how about you post a list of your ships that you have and we can get a nice happy system working here because i found out this moring that with my cable connection cam 30MB of webspace with myname on it so i will turning that into the source page with links and email addresses of those who wish to be a part of my idea which is to distribute any ship for sfc, sfc2/op, sfc3 free of charge

red_green

My list of ships is kinda small. I been so busy making meshes that I never have time to get all the cool ones that come out. Plus I have dial up so d/l is slow     . To make matters worse. My HD is small and when I work on a ship sometimes. I run out of room to save files and quick delete some ships I had down loded to make room, figuring I probably won't get around to adding them in game anyway. But alas, I am taking a break from modeling to update my game a bit. So I can check out all the othr goodies people are releasing  

Fallen_Warrior

Quote:

My list of ships is kinda small. I been so busy making meshes that I never have time to get all the cool ones that come out. Plus I have dial up so d/l is slow     . To make matters worse. My HD is small and when I work on a ship sometimes. I run out of room to save files and quick delete some ships I had down loded to make room, figuring I probably won't get around to adding them in game anyway. But alas, I am taking a break from modeling to update my game a bit. So I can check out all the othr goodies people are releasing    

well if there is anything you are curious about on my list just ask and i will send you some small files with basic pics

if you want i have enough hard drive space and back up discs to hold your entire collection so you dont have to delete them so offen

manitoba

hey F_W,

whats ur email  i have ship for u to texture up.  u might like it.

Fallen_Warrior

Quote:

hey F_W,

its zerabubus@msn.com and send away dude
oh is this the tiger that we mentioned earlyer?

BTW im gone for one night and the board is completly full i need to drink more coffee
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Fallen_Warrior »

manitoba

not the tiger yet still have to refine her some more,  this is going to be just 2 mod files if u can slap some rommy skins on them for me. thanxs

Sandman3D

Just thought of one...how about the ship from Staship Troopers? At the very least it would make a good freighter.  

Fallen_Warrior

cool so long as they have some sort of skin that i can play with and add to but i cant apply whole new texture sheets as i need max for it and the the last post about ships from starship troopers woulf be a cool idea get a list of names of calsses and pics and make a request someone may take it up

Fallen_Warrior

Quote:

hey F_W,

ive cheaked my mail and nothings there could you send them again

Fallen_Warrior

ok i got them and ive sent you a mail you forgot to add the blank sheets so i can make the texture up on them so i can see if what im doing is right