Topic: Has anyone thought of these designs Please Sticky for Brainstorming sessions  (Read 15418 times)

Fallen_Warrior

Ive just been thinking and i know most of the moddrs on this forum do there own little things but i feel there are a few gaps in ship constrution.
A shuttlepod from enterprise
A fighter from same era

High detailed versions of the other 3 NX ships since NX-01 and NX-02 (which means a simple retexture job to replace enterprise with columbia) are the same design but the other 3 are supposed to be diffrent,
Ive done NX-05 as a carrier od sorts im still waiting for a way to release it. (i know Jeff Wallace has done some low detail versions of them which look good but need updating in my opinion)
Xindi ships, sulibon ships and the Helix
The freighter from the episode Horizon.

Maybe even the other 3 klingon ships that were seen these would be the old bird of prey seen in the last episode of season 2 possiblay even the klingon warp sled which ive dubbed the "R6" (R because of the fact that is has a Manta Ray feel to it) which was carrying Archer to Qu'Nos.
Also the altanate version of the enterprise as seen in E2
(note at this point i decided that perhaps it was time to make a mod for enterprise era)
There are also a few other ships from enterprise but they arnt memerable.

TOS doesnt need any new ideas there are already so many great ideas for that era and more are been thought of everyday same with TMP.

TNG could have a few things like perhaps a crystaline entiy, jellyfish thing fromm encounter at farpoint, Gumtu (Tin Man) for use as Space monsters

DS9 could have a few freigters starships featured at http://www.startrekaustralia.com and for Dominion ships like the freighter used by the race that was the Gamma quatrents answer to the Ferengi. Upto date romulan designs like fighters and perhaps a ship that is the concept ship that eventraly became the Norexum class (valdore) the klingons dont need any new ones as the Vor'cha is a perfect go between for the Negh'Var

Voyager needs Vidian ships and even that Warship Voyager, and a nice new version of the Armoured Voyager from Endgame. (perhaps a marrage of the two would look great a highly armoured and kitted out Intrepid for all those die hard Intepid fans out there) a model of the Unimatrix or transwarp hub to replace the out of date Stock Borg starbase. An updated version of the Borg Cube with Sphere bay door in.
And perhaps some nice new planets and asteroids and even a nicer looking nebula instead of having the rather poor attempt of clounds of multicoloured lights from SFC3 stock nebulas

Then of course there are ships from other Sci-Fi shows like Farscape, New Battlestar Galactica, Andromida Babylon5 ect. Then you have Movie ships from the likes of Aliens and Predator,Predator ships can be seen in Pred 1 and Pred 2 and the Ships from the Alien Legacy. These would be the Nostomo (the ore processing plant and the hauler)
The Boneship (dealict ship with all the eggs in)
Nassacus shuttle from end of first and begining of second films.
From Aliens you have the Gateway Station, Sulaco, (marine transport) Dropship (with weapon pods extended and retracted could count as 2 diffrent classes)
Alien3 you have the EEV which is a small Emergency Escape Shuttle and the science ship sent by the company (happens to be a modified version of the sulaco)
Alien ressurection you have the Betty, the Arigura and Escape Pods

With all the other Sci-Fi shows the list is endless and im sure everyone would like to make some sugestions of their own.

So lets see what ideas we can come up with so post your ideas and possibaly a few nice models might come out of it for your gaming pleasure.

manitoba

i have been looking around for alot of those other scifi ships. i will keep posted on what i find.

Stormbringer

I drew up a hammer ship called mjolnir. (and a few others) mjolnir had a cylinder for a forward hull and tracked plasma/warp power wave guide upon which were stationed several mobile firing points per track. essentially many of the fire points could move 360 around the cylinder. thus the ship could apply massive fire power towards any one direction or allocate them around the perimeter. It also had an axial weapon and missle tubes. The ends of the cylinder were massive shuttle and fighter bays. there was a boom section and drive section. The drive section had six huge impulse engines. It had no noticeable warp nacelles but those could be added. It was not developed for SFC and so had hyperspace engines instead. These were colocated with the impulse engines. It most closely resembles gorn designs from the sfc series, though.

I also drew up a trimaran cruiser, a fighter and a couple of others around somewhere.

One ship I'd like to see is the romulan scout that is featured in the fan magazines, and the micromachine collection. It looks like a fixed wing BOP with a romulan type forward hull. It is flatter than most romulan designs and it has a flat beak; not the hooked one that is more common.  
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 05:33:12 pm by Stormbringer »

Stormbringer

erm; on the hammership, there are multiple plasma waveguide  weapons tracks. Not just the one.  reading through  my description I realised that wasn't exactly clear from the original post.  

Fallen_Warrior

Quote:

One ship I'd like to see is the romulan scout that is featured in the fan magazines, and the micromachine collection. It looks like a fixed wing BOP with a romulan type forward hull. It is flatter than most romulan designs and it has a flat beak; not the hooked one that is more common.

I have that ship and a few others from TNG ie the science vessal and the scout with a weapons pod if you want if you have msn messenger i can send it you in a file transfer

manitoba i remember you saying that you had an Ares Class Cruiser for Feds even if it isnt fully done is it possible you could send it me as ive been after it for about a year and if you have time could you post a small list of the ships that you have on your site so that a reference may be kept for anyone looking for models and isnt aware of what you have on your site i would appreciate this from all modde4rs who have time spare to do a quick post, i for one would like to know where to find ships and what sites have them without having to spend 2 or 3 days looking and giving up.

ModelsPlease

NX-O1 Shuttlepod
 NX01shutel.zip

And you can find some other really awesome ships here................
 RIPSTAR3D

Enjoy

-MP  

Fallen_Warrior

Quote:

NX-O1 Shuttlepod
 NX01shutel.zip

And you can find some other really awesome ships here................
 RIPSTAR3D

Enjoy

-MP  

Groovy thanx dude that means my Enterprise era mod is well on its way now

goodie a whole new site to download and play with my day has just been made thanx again MP
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Fallen_Warrior »

Stormbringer

I've only used MSN messenger a couple a weeks and I do not know how to do a file transfer yet. I am Dark_blade002 on msn. I'm up now.

Fallen_Warrior

Sorted if anyone needs anything just ask

ModelsPlease

Quote:

Quote:

I have that ship and a few others from TNG ie the science vessal and the scout with a weapons pod if you want if you have msn messenger i can send it you in a file transfer

manitoba i remember you saying that you had an Ares Class Cruiser for Feds even if it isnt fully done is it possible you could send it me as ive been after it for about a year and if you have time could you post a small list of the ships that you have on your site so that a reference may be kept for anyone looking for models and isnt aware of what you have on your site i would appreciate this from all modde4rs who have time spare to do a quick post, i for one would like to know where to find ships and what sites have them without having to spend 2 or 3 days looking and giving up.  

I don't use MSN but I would love those ships ie the RomBop and the Fed  ModelsPlease@aol.com  

And ask away I have quite a large library of ships. I may have a few others you may want,or I may know where to find them.Glad I could help with the shuttle.

-MP

Fallen_Warrior

Quote:

I don't use MSN but I would love those ships ie the RomBop and the Fed  ModelsPlease@aol.com  

And ask away I have quite a large library of ships. I may have a few others you may want,or I may know where to find them.Glad I could help with the shuttle.

-MP

which Romulan Bop do you mean as there are a few with differing designs and which fed ship do you mean becaus you just say fed

i suppose i could open up an aol account i find them tedeoius myself i do use yahoo once in a blue moon though
BTW that shuttle looks great it will need a little bit of texture work to get it up to scratch but it looks great in game

and the ships im after for the feds that are high on my list right now would be the Insignia class, Ares class both of which are near to late-post TNG

ModelsPlease

Sorry I was referring to the Rombop Stormbringer mentioned and you said you had,As well as the Fed ship you mentioned in that same response. As for the Ares,I have it.If you could post a pic of the ships you are refering to It would help me alot in determining if I have them. I in turn will do the same if I'm looking for a ship.When you finish with Skinmans site I have another one you may want to check out............

http://sfc.strategy-gaming.com/leigons/Founders/Models.htm

Enjoy

-MP  

Stormbringer

It's a scout. It looks sort of like a bop but the wings don't move and the bridge section is a flat nosed rom design. It's a cool ship perhaps a pol or maaaaaybe a frigate but it's supposed to be tiny. smaller than a frigate. think milenium falcon sized.

Fallen_Warrior

ok Mp if you could find a way of getting the ares to me i would appreciate it as for posting pics i wish i could whenever i go to make a site and i wait for the comfermation email i never get it and ive tried a few so i guess i will have to give you links the pics of the ships i know of. first off the ingignia which is at http://www.startrekaustralia.com/startrek/federation/insignia/
i will look for other ship pics online and sort them out at a later date but the only place i know where to get high detaled pics is off the before mentioned site so if you have those just say which ones using the class name off the site and i will know which ones you are on about (i do use http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ aswell but not that often
anyway its 5:30 am here i think ive burnt up a bit too much midnight oil for now som im off to bed thanx again for your feedback im sure this is helping other people than just those who have posted on it for now

Ps that link you gave in your last post had Gumtu and the jellyfish alien thing in which look good so anyother sites you have that work will be super

Stormbringer

I sent the file to your aol account. rar format.

red_green

As usual a has anybody thought of doing starts off with a bunch of Fed ship requests, Yawn. I see you mention quite a few non-trek ships-cool. MY thought is we need more Hydrans.  

Fallen_Warrior

Quote:

As usual a has anybody thought of doing starts off with a bunch of Fed ship requests, Yawn. I see you mention quite a few non-trek ships-cool. MY thought is we need more Hydrans.    

the reason why i asked that this post be stickied is that everyone can make their requests for models and as a forum we can join our collections and archives and exchange as nessercary which is what i think the web is all about sharing infomationa so it benifets others i do have a handfull of hydran ships i mean i have a collection of about 5 gigs of ships ranginf from standard races i.e fed, klingon, romulan, borg, hydran, mirak, ISC, tholian, andomidans ect ect from all eras this collection also includes ships from diffrent shows but even my collection hasnt got everything which is why im willing to spend my nights when most americans are online i myself am british and hate summer, (so i dont mind losing a few hours sleep i can always make up for it during the day) swapping files or helping people out who want the stuff i have.
So like i said before post your requests and lets see what our collective archives has so we can all be happy with the models we want  

Stormbringer

Heck my ships aren't even trek but they are inspired by them. The hammership was requested by a GM for WEG's starwars roleplaying game nearly two decades ago. In exchange I got to build a trek tech ship to rampage around in his world. and equip it with corsair fighters. I also designed a rom ship that could lock wings with another of it's class and double up shields, point defence and fire power.

Stormbringer

It may be a while before a moderator or admin pokes thier nose in here. Normally a quite forum not requiring much attention from them. You would probably get faster results pming one. There is one on line now.

manitoba

um ok u sure u want me to list what ships i have.  did i say also   , no just kidding it will take awhile to make a list of them all, i do believe u seen my post in the gaming forums awhile ago i believe, remember i have around 700 ships give or take a few. so just to let u know i am working on that list.