Topic: Well the finale was ok till the end  (Read 10819 times)

Lono

Re: Well the finale was ok till the end
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2004, 01:33:43 pm »

Has anyone identified the Alien Nazi (by race)

Someone on a movie forum did, and I checked - he was correct.

If you identify the Alien race, then imho you know who manipulated the Time Line (this time) and why.

I won't give it away (my opinion) here unless people really want me to.

Vaul

« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2004, 03:37:05 pm »
Finale just aired in the UK on Sky 1 and....well....

The WW2 birds were P51 Mustangs, which plonks the date as '42-'55 (very approximately, unless B&B are playing fast and loose with history again).

As for our mystery alien, I've got it narrowed down to two possibles (well, one probable and a possible). Shan't speculate any further though for the moment.

As for the collective cabbagehead moment when they get to Earth, can't raise the folks back home and don't apparently think to scan the planet, which would have shown up the absence of SFHQ, the orbital stations and probably the Lunar colony in an instant, well....

Johanobesus

« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2004, 03:23:41 am »
Of course not.  Why should it occur to them to check to make sure none of the satellites and outposts have been damaged or destroyed after a terrible attack that nearly destroyed the planet?  After all, this is B&B's Starfleet we're talking about, not Rodenberry's.

And something else that bothered me that no-one has yet mentioned.  Where were Earth's defense ships?  When the Klingons chased the Enterprise back to Earth, several ships showed up to run the attackers off.  If I recall correctly, they weren't at that time expecting an attack, so those ships must have just been patrolling or guarding the system.  Yet when the Xindi attack comes after a year's warning, there is nothing.  No defending ships at all.  Not even one little freighter.  They weren't in a new timeline yet, because the Reptilians saw a nice outpost to destroy.  So where was Earth's defense fleet?  

You know, it's getting harder and harder to give B&B the benefit of the doubt.  Serious fans have been complaining for years about time travel in Star Trek.  Critics have been complaining about the time travel.  Even general sci-fi fans don't like the time travel.  So what exactly are B&B thinking?  "Hm, the entire fanbase and all the critics are telling us to stop doing time travel, no-one seems to like it at all, so everyone in the whole world must be wrong and we should do the exact opposite of what they say!"  It is really getting difficult to believe that they aren't deliberately trying to ruin Star Trek.  Maybe Berman is so bored with it that he wants it to die.  After all, he wasn't a great fan to begin with.  He was just a producer at Paramount who was assigned to the project back when Rodenberry was trying to create TNG.

CFA_Admiral_Tige

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2004, 06:52:46 am »
B&B seem to love to repeat themselves...do it once, do it again...so it was obvious to me that the "time travel vortex" thing would be used again.  

StarDragon

Re: Well the finale was ok till the end, POSSIBLE Outcome?
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2004, 10:04:27 am »
  HI all new here this si my first post, plese take it tongue in cheek!  

"We are B&B, surrender your genre and prepare for total suckiness! Resistance is Futile, Fans are Futile, ratings are Futile. Our primary goal is to make the audience groan in agony and then roll their eyes and say 'well it couldn't get any WORSE!' but lo and behold they WILL watch the next episode just to see and then we will asualt them relentlessly with overused plots and outright stolen skits that barely worked the first time! Oh yeah, all your base belong to us!" (that part I couldn't resist)

ok nonsence over  

Seriously, I can only think of ONE way to unscrew this pooch called Enterprise. Season 4 begins as we now see the beginnings of The TERRAN EMPIRE! Yes boys and girls you are now in the MIrror Universe! Alien Nazi? Sure no sweat he will tell Hitler that the Allies will develope the A-bomb BUT with HIS "help" he will make the 3rd Rich(sp?) Invincible! Blah Blah Blah, Archer convinces the Nazi's the Alien is WORSE than they are, they turn on him, some sort of deal is made, Archer and Company try to make the world a better place and get smakced down HARD. Their place in history ends... LONG LIVE THE TERRAN EMPIRE! As Humanity takes it's place amoung the stars and as it's rightful FUTURE rulers! (taking the NX to their version of Vulcan to assimilate them and other races in the ships starchart memory banks!!! WOHOO continuity is restored (from a TE POV!)

meanwhile back in the NORMAL universe things are rearrainged and now the history that all us fans know and love is restored as Q or The Preservers or other entities convieniently erase all knowledge of the Xindi and the attack or other disturbing events . Or time itself fixes it WHO CARES! Point is things go back to RELATIVE normal! Now for the next ST show featuring decendants fo the Ent-E crew or even some older memembers like Admiral Riker or Crewman B4 (Data). Maybe the Ent -G???  (rewwrite of all good things matbe? To transition Ent-e to Ent-G?)

OR The new show can be the Terran Empire itself! Muhaah I would LOVE to see an EVIL Christopher PIKE! (He discovers the galactic barrier and gets psi powers becoming the first section 31 FURY! as he is experimented upon and altered DNA used to make twisted minions of this dark federation's heartless puppeteers. Oh dark Joy!

Thoughts?

FireSoul

« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2004, 10:18:56 am »
Quote:

If you identify the Alien race, then imho you know who manipulated the Time Line (this time) and why.

Dunno..  I'll bite.
Who are they?

MarianoDT

Re: Well the finale was ok till the end, POSSIBLE Outcome?
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2004, 02:12:50 pm »
I really enjoy the 3rd season story. (and I haven't seen all the apisodes)
Think about this way, the Xindi plot ended when the super weapon was destroyed, and that was the end of the 3rd season. The nazi thing it's just the begining of the 4th season. And we know that there willt be a few story arcs. Who knows what will happen.!!!

Mariano

Lieutenant_Q

« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2004, 05:31:09 pm »
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if those P-51's manage to score a "Lucky hit" and take the shuttlepod down.  Fortunatly T'Pol isn't on board.  Daneils will obviously be making an appearance in Season 4 Ep 1.

As for the missing fleet, I was very surprised not to find an armada of Earth Ships waiting for the Xindi, led by the NX-02 Columbia.  Even if she's missing a large part of her innards, you would think that they would have slapped the engines, weapons, and plating onto her and called her good to go.

Its a real shame that the execs at Paramount are either unable to do something about them or unwilling.  The show can be salvaged and it can get better ratings, but with those two at the helm, Season Four will be the last of Enterprise.  

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2004, 08:31:56 pm »
I agree 100%, when the borg first attacked earth, the federation used every ship they could, even outdated constitutions, and here nothing, but a stupid midas array, lol, your rite the shows gone nuts, and the people behind the scenes too, but i will watch the next new episode lol

adam out

NannerSlug

« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2004, 09:16:44 pm »
im waiting for your theory lono!

Sirgod

« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2004, 09:36:22 pm »
Quote:

im waiting for your theory lono!  

Ditto

Stephen

« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2004, 02:11:34 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Dunno..  I'll bite.
Who are they?

They look a lttle like the Remans of the Planet Reman next to  Romulas.i wonder if that is what lono in referring to.I would like to know come on out with it.  

Lono

« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2004, 06:29:04 pm »

Well since I don't think anyone has said it here's my take (which I think is correct)

POSSIBLE  SPOILER BELOW

"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
\/

The Nazi General is a Remun!

Check out the Remuns from the last Trek movie and I believe it leaves little doubt.

Now, I say the dude from the future who's been messin' with teh Enterprise since the beginning is indeed a Romulan as many suspected.

When the Gecko dude's (ferget their name rightr now) informed the Enterprise of the Xindi Threat the Romulan from the future was quite in a good position.

Firstly he has the alt universe future punks gettin eliminated early (which had originally required Star Fleet to defeat)

and now he has used the "distraction" to alter Earth's timeline using WW II as the best point to seize control of the planet.

I believe we will see a Romulan furher (who may cover his ears), and who employs these Remnun Generals due to their fierce fighting ability.

Now - why the earth is still using WW II tech is anybody's guess.

Maybe the Romulan's have purposely slowed the technilogical progression by force, or Enterprise has indeed also gone back in time for some reason.

Also I think Archer's survival is believable if we are to believe that Borg survived the Sphere's fall to Earth (as well as being completely frozen for years)

Anyways - thats how I interpret these events - what do y'all think on this?

« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2004, 08:18:06 pm »
  I was right thet are Remans I knew those Romulans were no good.They say it themselves they are an arrogant bunch.That is make take on it.  

CFA_Admiral_Tige

« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2004, 03:27:21 pm »
wouldnt the pilots see the english on the hull of it and stop?

« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2004, 03:31:11 pm »
   I guess Remans can't read English.That is my take on it .