Topic: Well the finale was ok till the end  (Read 10817 times)

Khalee

Well the finale was ok till the end
« on: May 26, 2004, 07:59:43 pm »
And it just got ruined Enough with the time travel BS. looks like they are going to do every thing they can not to show what the fans want.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 08:05:05 pm by Khalee »

kosh2000

Re: Well the finale was ok till the end
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 08:01:53 pm »
umm i would like to start a bounty on there heads now!!!!!!!!! i will put in the frist 20.00 bucks  

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 08:03:30 pm »
I agree it was good til they got in that shuttle pod and headed for SF, my question is who or what species is that in the german uniform, looked like a reman to me, but am i going nutz

adam out

Strat

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 08:08:10 pm »
All I got to say is one thing:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

The end totally sucked! Not MORE TIME TRAVEL!  INFACT I cant remember what time it is now!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh  

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 08:09:35 pm »
Maybe the only way to fix the stupid time travel thingy they started is to go back in time lol
but really who the hell was the german alien???

adam out

NannerSlug

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 08:17:04 pm »
it was an excellent eppisode (andorians included) all the way up until the end.. and yeah, ENOUGH OF THE POS time travel plots. this WAS star trek, not TIME trek.

Scipio_66

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 08:38:01 pm »
Quote:

it was an excellent eppisode (andorians included) all the way up until the end.. and yeah, ENOUGH OF THE POS time travel plots. this WAS star trek, not TIME trek.  

Good episode, and a nice way to end their best season......... until the end!

Not only can Berman and Braga not be bothered to check with Star Trek history, but they can't even be bothered to check with earth history.  Was there ever any human nation *less* likely to allow a subhuman looking alien into their midst -- make him a ranking officer in the SS no less -- than was Nazi Germany?  Maybe Imperial Japan, they were quite happy to slaughter Chinese 'animals', but if the Nazis rank second behind the Imperial Japanese then it isn't by much.

But nooooooo...... The nazis are bad guys.  The aliens are bad guys.  They must team up!

Garbage.  Pure garbage.

-S'Cipio
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Scipio_66 »

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 08:41:58 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Good episode, and a nice way to end their best season......... until the end!

Not only can Berman and Braga not be bothered to check with Star Trek history, but they can't even be bothered to check with earth history.  Was there ever any human nation *less* likely to allow a subhuman looking alien into their midst -- make him a ranking officer in the SS no less -- than was Nazi Germany?  Maybe Imperial Japan, they were quite happy to slaughter Chinese 'animals', but if the Nazis rank second behind the Imperial Japanese then it isn't by much.

But nooooooo...... The nazis are bad guys.  The aliens are bad guys.  They must team up!

Garbage.  Pure garbage.

-S'Cipio  

lol

adam out

Commander Xizor

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 09:03:44 pm »
I don't know... I liked the whole thing of this one... the ending was certainly unexpected, and I don't think we can really criticize it until we know more... it's called a cliffhanger.

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 09:07:03 pm »
true,

adam out

NannerSlug

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 09:08:49 pm »
but the cliff hanger is ANOTHER time travel POS.

there were many other trek eppisodes that did not involve time travel.

and scippy, you are 100% correct.

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 09:17:59 pm »
Quote:

there were many other trek eppisodes that did not involve time travel.

But not Enterprise, the closest you can get to *not* having a cliff hanger is The Expanse (or Broken Bow?).

FFZ

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2004, 09:35:00 pm »
 I found the entire episode anti-climatic.

The Xindi arrive, and only the Andorians are around to help?

Where are those useless Vulcans?

Then we get that the aquatics don't notice they just left Enterprise several centuries in the past!

Thanks for nothing, you water breathing goofs.

The P-51s at the end look like a flight simulator game, not the real deal, and we find a badly burned Archer mysteriously on Earth (how he got there from the weapon is anybody's guess) surounded by Nazis and aliens.

Who will save him, Indy? (rolleyes)

The end of the expanse was well done, as was finding out T'Pol is an old broad of 66.

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 09:38:35 pm »
Now thats funny, you brought up some good points, esp, about the Xindi not realizing they left them behind in the past, that totally excaped me, and the Vulcans not helping, it figures.

adam out

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 09:38:54 pm »
Quote:

I don't know... I liked the whole thing of this one... the ending was certainly unexpected, and I don't think we can really criticize it until we know more... it's called a cliffhanger.  

When I have hangers like that, I just wipe them off with a little toitet paper.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kroma_BaSyl »

SBOAdam

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 10:21:49 pm »
all i know is the only honorable way out if for this latest time travel stint to be nothing more than a vulcans drug induced dream.  I mean how many times do they need to reuse the same plot. The evil (insert race here) has gone back in time to (wipe/change) the human race, and only we know about it.  They need to get away from the time travel ideas  they have done them to death.  With enterprise they have a perfect situation,  Treat it like a historical document,  tell the history we all want to know.  the plot is already there they just need to fill in the gaps.

NannerSlug

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 10:49:42 pm »
Quote:

Who will save him, Indy? (rolleyes)    

you never know when dr. jones might show up. yeah, thats it.. yeah.. short round will be there and all. lol.

somthing is really screwed up, that is for sure.. because you realize how seriously the time line is contaminated.. of course the understatment is that there is an alien standing next to two nazis (in a nazi camp). everyone is okay with it and they are wondering what sort of uniform archer is wearing.

shouldnt the question be.. who the frack is that alien d00d?

Rat_Boy

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2004, 11:00:41 pm »
You have to admit, it sure beats watching Jack Bauer cry his eyes out for five minutes.

Edit: Ironic how everyone was happy that it was getting renewed last week.  Now I bet you guys wished they cancelled it instead.

Double Edit: Check out the subtitle of Trek Nation's review: Patterns of force plague Archer as he tries desperately to save Earth's future.

Get it?  Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 11:06:00 pm by Rat_Boy »

Scipio_66

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2004, 11:07:43 pm »
Quote:

Edit: Ironic how everyone was happy that it was getting renewed last week.  Now I bet you guys wished they cancelled it instead.

Nah.  I just wished they had chopped the last three minutes off, launched Berman and Braga to the center of the sun, and then hired new writers for next season.

Shows usually repeat the last season's finale before starting the new season.  Hopefully a new Enterprise production team will edit out those last three minutes and then start the new season by forgetting the excised scenes ever appeared.  I'd happily go to my grave never finding out who that alien in the SS uniform was.  Can you hear Patrick Duffy warming up in the shower?

Who's got an address to send hate-mail to Berman and Braga?

-S'Cipio the hatemonger  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Scipio_66 »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2004, 11:12:34 pm »
To B&B's credit, nobody, and I mean nobody outside of Canada saw tonight's cliffhanger coming a mile away.  People were expecting the Romulans to show up and start blasting stuff into atoms, but instead we get a send-up to Planet of the Apes...the horendously bad version.