Topic: OP Patch Status?  (Read 31775 times)

Qob'nuH

Re: OP Patch Status?
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2003, 07:28:04 pm »
A big thanks to Gamester! At last someone speaking logically and intelligently about the OP patch. It makes so much more sense to release a patch like this  and then work on the next stage once these fixes are in place. I think its ludicrous to withhold information like this from the people that play and support these games. Even speaking in general terms there is more information in Gamester's post than we've heard from "official"sources. That too should be fixed....  

MagnumMan

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2003, 08:54:43 pm »
In all likelihood the OP Dyna fixes will only affect the OP Dyna, and the OP client should work with either Dyna (the one with bugs, re-released with a new version number, or the one with bug fixes; which is just a build number bump).

In other words, the release of the OP patch and an updates OP Dyna with bug fixes are independent events.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by MagnumMan »

Cleaven

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2003, 09:05:01 pm »
Thanks for the update.  

Qob'nuH

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2003, 11:01:35 pm »
Page 15  !..... not for such a critical topic. Needs to be upfront in hopes of periodic updates.  

Holocat

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2003, 02:52:23 am »
I agree!

So... Bumpity bump.  

Carrie

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2003, 03:50:51 pm »
Bumping again, because OP (along with EAW) is still important to those of us with older computers

Primus2003

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2003, 05:00:49 pm »
I hope that the patch comes out soon.  Seems to have been very feew updates to this game.  I am in agreement that those with older computers care for OP and EAW.  Though my computer is a couple of years old now.  I also enjoyed that era of ships.  I would really like to see them doing all generations as well  I grew up with the movies.  In the meantime hope to see this new patch soon.

Holocat

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2003, 10:31:36 am »
Y'know, I don't reaaaaly want to voice this question, but I guess somebody's gotta say it...

Is patching for OP and EAW being held up because of more Taldren/Activision politics going on?  Something like Activision wanting SFC3's (the title they're making money on) patch(s) running before OP and EAW to encourage sales or something wierd like that?

I'm guessing no, since Taldren can release EAW and OP patches with impunity, but with all the Taldren confessionals and Activision Public Relations Damage Control going on in the forums lately, one really begins to wonder...  O_o

Don't flame me please, it was just a question, =)

Holocat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Holocat »

Chris Jones

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2003, 02:15:41 pm »
Quote:

3) The # of allowable ships per class has been increased to allow more ship mods (FireSoul is ecstatic)

Thank you,

Gamester
Outer Circle Member (back when there WERE Circles, that is) and OP lover.

WOWSERS AND WAY KOOL!

how high will it go?

numbers, please!

Thanks,

Chris

WindFire

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2003, 04:46:57 pm »
Gamester,

Thanks for the information.

WindFire  

Pestalence

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2003, 05:10:41 pm »
Quote:

Y'know, I don't reaaaaly want to voice this question, but I guess somebody's gotta say it...

Is patching for OP and EAW being held up because of more Taldren/Activision politics going on?  Something like Activision wanting SFC3's (the title they're making money on) patch(s) running before OP and EAW to encourage sales or something wierd like that?

I'm guessing no, since Taldren can release EAW and OP patches with impunity, but with all the Taldren confessionals and Activision Public Relations Damage Control going on in the forums lately, one really begins to wonder...  O_o

Don't flame me please, it was just a question, =)

Holocat.

No, the patching progress is being held up because Taldren is working on the patch (OP) in their spare time outside of Black 9 (Black 9 has priority right now, SFC 3 patch is at Activision).. EAW is a finished product.. no more support for that game as stated several months ago. EAW patch 2036 is the last patch.

this upcoming 2 patches for OP will most probably the final patches for the game as well.

OP patches and EAW patches is solely at the discression of Taldren.. only the SFC 3 patch is in ATVI's hands...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »

FireSoul

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2003, 06:26:21 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

3) The # of allowable ships per class has been increased to allow more ship mods (FireSoul is ecstatic)

Thank you,

Gamester
Outer Circle Member (back when there WERE Circles, that is) and OP lover.

WOWSERS AND WAY KOOL!

how high will it go?

numbers, please!

Thanks,

Chris

Oh.
64 -> 128. Doubled.
-- Luc

Holocat

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2003, 02:26:21 am »
Given that you've stated that your new version of the shiplist will be released post patch, you gonna add all those ships you were forced to take out in your OP+ readme on you site?

FireSoul

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2003, 02:44:14 am »
Oh, all that is already done.
Really.

.. the next shiplist *IS* ready. .. but there's no point releasing it since only the testers can use it.

-- Luc
FireSoul

Qob'nuH

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2003, 07:59:45 pm »
Bump... so it doesn't get lost. Besides, I'm sick of all the whining about an SFC3 patch. The game's only been around three months.  Op players have been waiting much  longer.  

Qob'nuH

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2003, 04:34:29 pm »
Apparently needs a bump every couple of days. Over a thousand views...someone else must be interested too.  

Cleaven

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2003, 07:35:24 pm »
Quote:

Apparently needs a bump every couple of days. Over a thousand views...someone else must be interested too.  

There's really only ten people looking at this thread every two hours!  

Akhilles

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2003, 08:39:09 pm »
Quote:

Not me, I just like reading the controversial threads, which happen to entail a "patch" of some sort.

(I lie, I'm watching for the patch as well)

Holocat

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2003, 12:43:01 am »
I think that might be me, updating this page every five minutes.

Apparently more quiet (if not too much more patient) than the kids on SFC3, which should be a general relief,

Holocat.

IndyShark

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2003, 11:46:52 am »
Any update on the patch we have REALLY been waiting for? (The OP patch of course!)

Any news would be welcome and appreciated!