Topic: SlugFest+ 1.1 Rocks  (Read 3663 times)

Offline _Rondo_GE The OutLaw

• Commodore
SlugFest+ 1.1 Rocks
« on: July 14, 2004, 06:33:26 pm »
Well had a chance to download and play both SP and online these series of new fests. 

My hat is off to the programmer!  (I don't know who it is sorry)

Anyway my favorite so far is SlugFest+ 1.1 in Adv mode and then BattleFest+ 1.1 in late is a close runnerp.  Tiny FEST is also pretty good in late and Mid.  Too many phaser boats in early and the hydran super frigates kind of ruin it in ADV (not the programmers fault).

SlugFest

In most cases you will get a CCX class ship and two heavies as in the XCA/F/B series.  But sometimes you will get  two CCX's and one XCA/F/B series ship.  No matter.  What attract me to Fests especially online is perhaps the opposite of what attracts me to "order of battle" preset rules...reacting to adversity and fighting when all things "aren't" equal or known.  What I like about the new SLugFest in ADV is that the disparity between the ships is not great enough to determine the outcome  of the fight.  Skill and strategy still play a major hand.

But that would not be the case if someone hadn't fixed em.

Thanks again!

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
    • http://klingon.lostexiles.net/
Re: SlugFest+ 1.1 Rocks
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 10:00:45 am »
You're welcome..  ;D

Author: OP+ Mod
Maintainer: Coopace
Author: Fests+ for OP
Creator: SFC-OP Mini Updater
Maintainer: SFC-EAW for OP Campaigns
Kitbash: SFC2 models

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 10:51:42 am »
OoB does not mean equal matchups at all - just to clarify - I do not want people to be misled as to what it means. It refers to an Empire's overall ship production over time... You still have no idea what you'll encounter in any one PvP mission. I've given plenty of BCHs and DNs a bloody nose in my CL  on OoB D2 servers before having to run off or die in a blaze of glory!  ;D
I've been enjoying battlefest+ too...

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 01:16:02 pm »
Home site for the Fests+:
http://klingon.stasis.ca/fests+/

There's a lot more information there as to how the Fests+ work..

-- Luc

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 09:27:43 pm »
You're welcome..  ;D

AHAAAA!!!!

You do good work man.

Hmm..need to post about the Hydran super frigates in ADV.   Something about those G2's...there was a program that would sort of tell you how much they are worth in BPV.

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 11:55:56 pm »
You're welcome..  ;D

AHAAAA!!!!

You do good work man.

Hmm..need to post about the Hydran super frigates in ADV.   Something about those G2's...there was a program that would sort of tell you how much they are worth in BPV.

I personally disagree with how the G2s work. If I had even just 1/2 a chance, I would make them 4 ph2s instead of that extended range hell.

-- Luc

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 02:13:09 pm »
You're welcome..  ;D

AHAAAA!!!!

You do good work man.

I personally disagree with how the G2s work. If I had even just 1/2 a chance, I would make them 4 ph2s instead of that extended range hell.

-- Luc

me and a bud of mine are going to experiment with taking a set of G2s off that ship...one question I have about internals...if you take a weapon system off a ship should you try to replace the internals lost or or does it matter?

Once I DL the edit program I can get a feel for what BPV adds or subtracts from it.  Adding a few internals might re-up the BPV but as I recall there was also a "write-in" "balance" line that could put things back if desired.  But I'm also concerned about "wimping" the ship.

Another question I have is about "adding" a ship.  I was thinking  of adding a 4 G2 variant at around 180 or so.

Another way to go would be to take the Fusion variant and add two KB III fighters to it which seems "correct" to me since Fusion ships are supposed to have fighters in most cases.