Topic: Someone is stealing the name and idea OP+ from me!  (Read 17600 times)

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
Re: Someone is stealing the name and idea OP+ from me!
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2004, 05:53:40 pm »
The following message was sent out on what i think is a WGL spam list.  The links have been removed by now, they they were trying to hype this with your name, Firesoul.

To: "(DELETED)
CC:
Subject: OPPLUS 4.0 The 7 Races addon for OP
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 08:33:52 -0500
Return-Path: <support@mdt-tech.com>
Delivered-To: (DELETED)
Received: (qmail 24797 invoked by uid 0); 18 Jul 2004 15:06:11 -0000
X-Ob-Received: from unknown (205.158.62.68)by mta1-8.us4.outblaze.com; 18 Jul 2004 15:06:11 -0000
Received: from server2.liddellenterprises.net (server2.liddellenterprises.net [69.57.158.58])by spf0.us4.outblaze.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id B52DB2347Afor <DELETED>; Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:06:10 +0000 (GMT)
Received: from
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 08:34:30 -0500
Message-Id: <3822-220047018133352863@wgl>
Organization: MDT-Tech/WGLeague
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="----=_NextPart_459211211811539133352923"
X-Antiabuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-Antiabuse: Primary Hostname - server2.liddellenterprises.net
X-Antiabuse: Original Domain - teacher.com
X-Antiabuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-Antiabuse: Sender Address Domain - mdt-tech.com
X-Source:
X-Source-Args:
X-Source-Dir:

Show Basic Headers Back To [INBOX]

Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Nothing was Modified in the 8 Original Races. Only the Cartels were changed. 
This is a Add-on to the 3.3 OP+ by: FireSoul.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Content-Type: text/html; name="main.html"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Description: main.html
Content-ID: <277645-2200470181332593530@wgl>

Mazeppa
Son of K'otv
A Retired But Proud Member of the Klingon Black Fleet

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
    • http://klingon.lostexiles.net/
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2004, 05:56:07 pm »
I just read the conversation between you and Morph...

It wasnt directed at you

I know it wasn't directed at me but..
.. ahhh.. I see. Ok. Thanks. ;)

Author: OP+ Mod
Maintainer: Coopace
Author: Fests+ for OP
Creator: SFC-OP Mini Updater
Maintainer: SFC-EAW for OP Campaigns
Kitbash: SFC2 models

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2004, 06:00:05 pm »
The following message was sent out on what i think is a WGL spam list.  The links have been removed by now, they they were trying to hype this with your name, Firesoul.
So, what... he went back to OPPLUS 4.0? Ah.. this dates from Sunday. *sigh*..

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2004, 06:03:02 pm »
   I am not sure but they might be making changes to these boards.I have noticed it myself and it wasn't like this yesterday.Sorry for being a little OT here FireSoul.I don't even see her sig.

No.. It's actually very on-topic..

.. Kim got sick of us D2 people "acting like babies" when we acted in my defense of OP+ in that forum. She.. .. may have decided to have her account deleted and removed from these boards. I suggest you go read that thread in the D2 forum side of things..  Very similar name to this one.

Firesoul, WGL is about dead anyways ... Morpheous has a habit of stepping on toes.

Have you ever talked to him on TeamSpeak? I could get the TeamSpeak address for you. Perhaps too much is being misinterpreted in the written word here. Age put this topic up in the Tri-Mod forums and I have offered any support. Need anything from D-3 modders, let me know.

Your work has always spoken for itself.

<S>

WaterTiger

Thank you WT, ..

.. and yes, I have his teamspeak address, but fact is: I don't ever want to speak to him again. Last time we spoke, it was at some sort of meeting, about a week prior to the crap that happened this weekend. He wanted to make me a business proposal, which I ultimately turned down because my work is my own, and has nothing to do with $$$.

.. at the beginning of the conversation, he told me all his teamspeak meetings were recorded.

No. I will not speak to this man again. I don't trust it at ALL.

-- Luc

Offline Ronin

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • sub·ter·fuge (sub-tr-fyooj) - Romulan foreplay
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2004, 06:04:07 pm »
Although the issue appears to have been settled I wanted to add my two cents worth. In my opinion, whether someone has a patent, a trademark or any other proprietary interest in something that would be recognized by law is beside the point. At issue, as far as I am concerned, is respect.

For anyone even remotely connected to this community to make alterations to Luc's work and then to rename it in such a way that, using our usual conventions, would lead others to believe that it was in some way a cooperative work is slightly disingenuous at best.

As for the comments by SSCF-Rolling... tempers are hot, fuses short. But, were the situation reversed, I can not help thinking that she might have been a little upset too.

When something you love and have worked hard on for years is altered without your knowledge or consent it is something akin to learning that your child has been poisoned against you. You no longer know whether this thing that your name is attached to will remain a source of pride and honor in your community. You have to wonder whether this great love of yours will not begin to bring you heartache and pain despite all the love and time you poured into it. You must consider whether you will be held in some way accountable for it by those who know and trust you.

So you must make certain that everyone involved knows how you feel about it at the beginning lest you open the door to questions after the fact. You have a duty to disclose your perception of things and to let everyone know that you are not in favor of it.

And I salute you for making that choice, Luc. < S >

Morpheus should, out of respect for someone who labored long to create something for us all, have talked with you about his plans and worked something out with you long before announcing things as he did. My opinions, for what they are worth.

Respects and kind regards...
"Flying Romulan takes cunning. You either have it... or you die."

In The Beginning -- An unfinished fictionalized account of events surrounding the old Starlance League.

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2004, 06:07:10 pm »
OK, this is not very useful.  I do not know how to send the silly thing.  Firesoul, if you will PM me an e-mail addy I will forward it to you along with an explaination of how I got it.  
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv
A Retired But Proud Member of the Klingon Black Fleet

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline Whoo

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2004, 06:24:39 pm »
Sorry firesoul, I know this is your issue, I am just tired of seeing GZ tied to everything he screws up...

I had a sig, but the dog ate it.

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2004, 06:31:45 pm »
OK, this is not very useful.  I do not know how to send the silly thing.  Firesoul, if you will PM me an e-mail addy I will forward it to you along with an explaination of how I got it. 

Just look into my profile. ;)

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2004, 06:32:49 pm »
Sorry firesoul, I know this is your issue, I am just tired of seeing GZ tied to everything he screws up...

I think I understand perfectly what you are currently saying, and if everything I hear about this guy is true, you're quite correct in your statements.

Offline Strafer

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2004, 06:39:24 pm »
#3-I had nothing to do with firesouls knowledge of you stealing his good name.

Nope, that would be me, Whoo. I happened to pop into GSA over the weekend to see if any familiar faces were on, and notice the room name followed by a general announcement regarding a Sanctionned and Approved OPPLUS 4.0.
A question was asked from myself and went unanswered, so I forwarded the link and text to FireSoul.
I maybe did 5% of all the work in OP+ but I could technically be considered Uncle Strafer in comparison to Daddy FireSoul. If there were a joint venture or partnership of this type in the works I would've heard about it well in advance. As I hadn't, I erred on the side of caution and flagged a double-check from the main man.

The rest is rather well quoted for by now.
--
Code: [Select]
Lineage II
Server                           Sieghardt                    deviantrealms.com (dead)
Chars       Strafer          L24 Rogue                  L64 Hawkeye
                StrayFar       L64 Tyrant                  L51 Tyrant
                StrawFur      L37 Scavenger            L49 Bounty Hunter
                StraightFour L62 Shillen Elder         L53 Shillen Elder

Offline AdmWaterTiger-11thFleet-

• Unity Admin
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Veni vidi vici
    • Spartan Vanguard
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2004, 06:42:55 pm »
Is there anything a fleet leader can do to pressure Morpheous? The BOTAKnights bailed from WGL support long ago -- most fleets have. I could send some e-mail out to fleet leaders and post a few fleet forums.

Hell, I'll get 30 Knights into the OP lobby and spam his a$$ for hours until he signs off.

I could also see if Vic could make a statement on this on STGD on the front page.

WGL is all but dead ... It makes me sick to think he actually wanted a "business proposal" out of this.

Consider his request the last wish of a dying man, because you will be here long after WGL is dead and buried.

The only reason I keep OP loaded is to see what you do next. :o ;D

<S>

WaterTiger
http://www.spartanvanguard.com/
http://www.stcd.sgnonline.com/users/trimodyards/

KoraH: "Remember my advice to you Wade, that you should drop SFC ...  you will find that all you have to put up with to do so is going to sour the sweetness of your hard work."

Offline Strafer

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2004, 06:45:48 pm »
Nothing to pressure anymore WT. Morpheus has come up with his own name now so it's pretty much settled.

His reputation has much to recover for but the case is closed.
--
Lineage II
Server                           Sieghardt                    deviantrealms.com (dead)

Offline AdmWaterTiger-11thFleet-

• Unity Admin
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Veni vidi vici
    • Spartan Vanguard
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2004, 06:47:17 pm »
Nothing to pressure anymore WT. Morpheus has come up with his own name now so it's pretty much settled.

So he comes up with a name and Firesoul does the work? The more I think about this the angrier I get.

<S>

WaterTiger
http://www.spartanvanguard.com/
http://www.stcd.sgnonline.com/users/trimodyards/

KoraH: "Remember my advice to you Wade, that you should drop SFC ...  you will find that all you have to put up with to do so is going to sour the sweetness of your hard work."

Offline Strafer

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2004, 06:57:42 pm »

So he comes up with a name and Firesoul does the work? The more I think about this the angrier I get.

<S>

WaterTiger

That's never been a problem. DIP is/was using 3.2 as a baseline, other projects have taken OP+ and tweaked it to their needs. As long as credit is given, which Morpheous at least got that part right, it's good.
Swiping the name and assuming that it was abandonware was the problem. I don't care to look but I'm sure he and his associates put in a fair level of time and effort to convert the 7 pirate races to meet their goals.
--
Lineage II

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2004, 06:59:25 pm »

<S>

WaterTiger

Don't worry too much about it. Perhaps people will NOT use anything he releases? :)
-- Luc

Offline Whippet

• Ensign
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2004, 01:49:35 am »
all I'm new to the forum but been in sfc community for a bit and I'm online in gsa op alot and i can tell ya that no one is using this ego manics mod in op pep have tried it but there dislike for morph has turned them away  this morph is a control freak and takes it personal if u disagree with him in anyway ain't it funny how he comes over from sfc2 after peep left it for op+3.3 [which has fixed the i bug in my loved isc] he has to act like he is the Savior of the sfc community and trust me it get his goat cause peep dont like his ego mod  well ive vented ty 4 ya time   

whippet

Offline Kremen

• Ensign
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2004, 05:32:00 am »
Sounds a bit like He Who Must Not Be Named ... have a look at the sh*tstorm going on over the possible resurrection of the Freespace franchise...

Potemkyn

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2004, 11:49:50 pm »
As long as this doesn't turn into the Battlecrusier 3000 AD fiasco...

Then again, He who must not be named could push it to that level.

>:(
Po~

Potemkyn

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2004, 11:53:30 pm »
I would like to say, after reading that conversation my views on this because I am tired of my hard work at GZ being crapped on by this meglomaniac.

*** EDIT***
DEAR MORPH
***/END EDIT***

#1-Firesoul did this for the community, GZ picked it up because of the dedicated work firesoul put into the game, making it FUN.  He did not design this for GZ, and to be honest he didnt know we were even using it until we talked with him on TS.
#2-Stop bringing my name into this.  You have a misconception that I am in some sort of competition with you, when in actuality I don't care.  Take your BQL league and your KB8's campaign and go off in your little corner of the world and leave me be.
#3-I had nothing to do with firesouls knowledge of you stealing his good name. When I was told about it, I simply assumed he gave you permission.  Foolish though, but thats what I thought.
#4-GZ by far is winding down, I have accepted this.  I intend to expand no further and have announced to the community that once the community loses interest, I will shut it down.  So stop f*cking with me, go away, do what ever it is you do between your god-of-one episodes on GSA and designing your new features on my Teamspeak.

I am very, very, very tired of this...
Keep me out of your affairs you netstalker

Oh boy!!!

Somebody's gonna get it!

:o
Po~

Offline Kane

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2004, 03:07:09 am »
 EDIT: URL/POST removed.

Dynaverse.Net will NOT TOLERATE Personal attacks in public!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 12:12:17 pm by FA_Frey_XC »
"Don't try to be a great man ... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."[/color][/size]