Topic: Gentlemen, I need your help. Someone is stealing my work and the name OP+.  (Read 41115 times)

Offline Strafer

• Lt. Junior Grade

I'll make a post on that link... Cap'n smack to the rescue... :D

OH GOD, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Dizzy!!! Come back here!!!!

You have absolutely no diplomatic skills!!!!!

ROFLMAO!

Between Diz and our hijacker fiend this should develop into something quite ... colourful!
 :popcorn:
--
Code: [Select]
Lineage II
Server                           Sieghardt                    deviantrealms.com (dead)
Chars       Strafer          L24 Rogue                  L64 Hawkeye
                StrayFar       L64 Tyrant                  L51 Tyrant
                StrawFur      L37 Scavenger            L49 Bounty Hunter
                StraightFour L62 Shillen Elder         L53 Shillen Elder

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
Hey guys.

Can't we handle this a little more diplomatic so we don't appear as bad peoples?

I really think this can be handled with a cool, intellectual head.  That would make them more acceptive of the change.

Yes, they are wrong, but that gives us no right to create a rift. 

Got me?

Show me how a mature male can handle it.

OK, I'll go over and clear things up. ;P
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Strafer

• Lt. Junior Grade
OK, I'll go over and clear things up. ;P

*CHORTLE*

You'll sit on his lap and set him straight?

*runs*
--
Code: [Select]
Lineage II
Server                           Sieghardt                    deviantrealms.com (dead)
Chars       Strafer          L24 Rogue                  L64 Hawkeye
                StrayFar       L64 Tyrant                  L51 Tyrant
                StrawFur      L37 Scavenger            L49 Bounty Hunter
                StraightFour L62 Shillen Elder         L53 Shillen Elder

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
Hey guys.

Can't we handle this a little more diplomatic so we don't appear as bad peoples?

I really think this can be handled with a cool, intellectual head.  That would make them more acceptive of the change.

Yes, they are wrong, but that gives us no right to create a rift.  

Got me?

Show me how a mature male can handle it.

Beleive it or not, I WAS diplomatic!!   :lol:

Must be getting mellow in my old age.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Max Power

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Old School Hydran/Green Menace Leader
Diplomatic is boring. The guy is a jackass, and even more fun, I was able to use Lance's masterpiece on him, which is always fun.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  I made a posting in Starfleet Gamers Directory SFGD about this and I know they will support FireSoul in this.

Katherine

Its not the STGD (not SFGD) you made a post on, its the SF and SFC Community Modding boards.  STGD has its own forums seperate from the old Tri-Mod forums :)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  Thanks for reminding me of that Katherine

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
I'll give this smacktard a week and then get nasty. Everyone know how to do their sig, right? I see a few of you that dont use one. That's about to change. ;)

This is one of those things that if not smacked down immediately and forcefully it wont go away, but will persist and be a pita. So my here's appreciation in advance.

Oh, btw... if you are still impartial about the results of a name dispute , it goes far beyond that so you need to get involved and not sit on the sidelines. This will fragment and divide the community. The risk here is that some will adopt this fake plagiarist version of Morpheous' 4.0 thinking it's FS's latest and other will still be using FS official 3.3 till FS updates it to whatever newer version he makes. The result will be 2x different platforms, and major confusion because they use the same name. There is already enough confusion and variety that has turned off many a gamer, we really dont need more of this.

Thats why Morpheous is such a smacktard. He doesnt have the depth of character to realize what consequences his actions will have for the whole of the sfc community.

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
    • http://klingon.lostexiles.net/
This is a screenshot I made and gave Sam a while back. It was taken as I was creating damage textures for all models in their breakmods. This is obviously on the underside of such a piece.. probably the underside of a sensordome from a Fed. The texture was applied but was not 'Unwraped" equally yet.

The image came out so cool that I took a screenshot before spreading out the damage texture. Sam had wanted it because she thought it would make a cool 'crest'. This came out from OP+ work, and sam felt she wanted to use it in these circumstances (and felt that she needed to surprise me with it. :D )

.. and there you have it, folks!

Author: OP+ Mod
Maintainer: Coopace
Author: Fests+ for OP
Creator: SFC-OP Mini Updater
Maintainer: SFC-EAW for OP Campaigns
Kitbash: SFC2 models

SSCF-Rolling

Quoted from Morpheous.....

But after all consideration we did modify the name to WGLOP+ 7Races Add-on. 
Thats about as far as I am going to change it, just because of the fact. If you fly Federation in either my mod or firesouls mod it is still the 3.3 and I will not take that from him. I will not claim the original 8 races as my own, like everybody is suggesting. So this will be the name of it WGLOP+ 7Races Add-on  and thats the end of this descussion.

The name has changed.

Please go thank him, you ungrateful bunch of smacktard beaters.  LOL!!!

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
Kim, he changed his mind after I made my scathing threat of intent to make his life miserable. I dont know if any of you had a chance to read my post b4 he deleted it, and others, but I laid it down on him so hard... it was worthy of the flames of old... You'd have been proud had you been around back in the glory days of flaming.

Really... too bad my post is gone. It was one of my best to date.

Anyhows, mission accomplished. Nice we can all use our collective wits together to help one of our own.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
Let me make an observation here:  even as he relents to changing the name, he still speaks as if he is being persecuted for trying to single handedly save the game, making repeated referenced to 'only 30 online' on any given night.

Look, I am not a big D2 person.  I like Jinn's GW, but I am more interested in Max's F&E camp.  But I will say that the SFC 'community' is still alive and well HERE - which is to say the D2 side of the house has proven to have a greater cohesion and longevity than the GSA/League side of the house.

I recognized that back in January, when I came over to the Taldren forum looking to drum up some interest for GZ's Divisional League.  And while I didn't get as many folks to come give us a try as I might have liked, GZ benefited immensely from those who did (the guys in GDA in particular, and individuals like Green).  What's more, in the exchange, I think you'll find a good deal of GZ's players began to frequent these forums and look into D2 play.

So, my point is:  don't anybody go thank this self-important schmuck for doing what good conscience should have required him to do from the get go.  Let him wallow - alone - in that dank corner (the last few days is the most action his forum has ever seen).  The fact that he has a notion that his efforts were somehow the last saving grace of this game is emblematic of his ignorance  - the last saving grace of this game is here.

Offline Max Power

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Old School Hydran/Green Menace Leader
Most people play the game that they want to play. It's all good.

The fact that he deleted the flames is hilarious...

SSCF-Rolling

Kim, he changed his mind after I made my scathing threat of intent to make his life miserable. I dont know if any of you had a chance to read my post b4 he deleted it, and others, but I laid it down on him so hard... it was worthy of the flames of old... You'd have been proud had you been around back in the glory days of flaming.

Really... too bad my post is gone. It was one of my best to date.

Anyhows, mission accomplished. Nice we can all use our collective wits together to help one of our own.

If you want the credit then you can have it, but I seriously doubt that was the reason.

Going over and threating a person for doing something that displeased us is not using out collective wit.

I am disappointed in the way you guys act.  You have all gave the Dynaverse.net a bad reputation with your loud mouth, arrogant behavior, and smacktalk.

There are so many ways to accomplish the goal that would increase your value, but instead you all go in as hot heads and think you can force people to change when none of you can change.

This was all handled wrong from the beginning to end.

I cannot express enough my displeasure in all of you at this time.

You're a bunch of babies!!!!

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain

Goo-goo

I actually was nice!!
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

SSCF-Rolling

Goo-goo

I actually was nice!!

Maybe you were, but I'm angry at everyone right now!!!!

AND EMBARRASSED!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Astarte

• Feline Mixtress
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Mew? *grins*
*edit*
We do not know each other, so let me tell you a little about myself.

I am from the Dynaverse.net forums, which used to be the Taldren forums.

I have been playing online and have been a member of the SSCF fleet for 2.5 years.

I have, also, been using the Firesoul OP+ since the beginning of it's birth.

Please don't think bad of the ones who posted in anger or frustration due to the fact that you are using Firesoul's OP+ name.

I think if you will sit back, and imagine yourself in his shoes, you will begin to understand the urgency of our petition.

We employ you to consider what has happened here.  Firesoul has given you permission to go forward with adding on to his OP+, but would like for you to rename your creation.

You are not Firesoul, and you need to uphold your artwork as your own.  This will be benificial for you as the creator of the add on.  This will be your baby.

We thank you for your reconsideration.  Please understand we want you to succeed in your progress.

Sincerely,

Kimberly   

Rolling the Mod was design to help the community from dieing as the SFC2 community did. Not that anybody is stealing anybodys stuff. As you said we where given permission to modify the opplus 3.3, just because the name wasn't descussed with anybody doesn't make us thieves in No way ( because we had permission ).

On the other hand it seems that people are only interested in seeing the name of things and thats it. People need to remember that this is SFC not SFB. The community is about 30 strong on a good night. People can not sit and wait for a select few to do things that not all in the community is behind. Without people playing a game FireSoul can mod all he wants, but if nobody is left in the lobby to play it whats the point?

Thats about as far as I am going to change it, just because of the fact. If you fly Federation in either my mod or firesouls mod it is still the 3.3 and I will not take that from him. I will not claim the original 8 races as my own, like everybody is suggesting. So this will be the name of it WGLOP+ 7Races Add-on  and thats the end of this descussion.

You people on the Dynaverse.net can choke on your own pride for I care and instead of thinking of the just a name of something look at the bigger picture of the community trying to save the gaming lobby.

The full reply from Morpheus. *edit*

*edit*
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 11:05:39 am by Astarte »

SSCF-Rolling

Rolling the Mod was design to help the community from dieing as the SFC2 community did. Not that anybody is stealing anybodys stuff. As you said we where given permission to modify the opplus 3.3, just because the name wasn't descussed with anybody doesn't make us thieves in No way ( because we had permission ).

On the other hand it seems that people are only interested in seeing the name of things and thats it. People need to remember that this is SFC not SFB. The community is about 30 strong on a good night. People can not sit and wait for a select few to do things that not all in the community is behind. Without people playing a game FireSoul can mod all he wants, but if nobody is left in the lobby to play it whats the point?

You people on the Dynaverse.net can choke on your own pride for I care and instead of thinking of the just a name of something look at the bigger picture of the community trying to save the gaming lobby.

The full reply from Morpheus for those that do not wish to participate in their forums any longer.

*blinks*

My post was a flame?  Cool.

That wasn't neccessary.

Thanks for helping.  :thumbsdown:

Offline Astarte

• Feline Mixtress
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Mew? *grins*
Perhaps.  Then again, there is no way to sugar coat his response.  He posted what he wanted on the topic.  It is the right of the readers of -this- forum to know his view.

As well it shows that he does not understand the drive of some modders.  It isn't always for the community, at first.  FireSoul started his for personal enjoyment for him and his friends.  The community embraced it, and that inspired him to continue.

It is unfortunate that Morpheus does not understand the selflessness that was put into creating OP+ in the first place.