Topic: Bacon Gravy  (Read 6559 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Bacon Gravy
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2004, 01:01:29 am »
Manuel's got a bottle of Absynthe.

That F {edited} That's one of the only Drugs I have ever wanted to Try, Worm wood right?

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2004, 01:04:11 am »
I'm not sure...haven't seen it yet.  He brews his own beer (damn good dark ales) and a buddy traded him the bottle for a twelve pack of the beer (his buddy loves the beer).

It's unopened and still in the original box...from France. 

I'm trying not to think of it too much...
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2004, 01:11:27 am »
I have a friend here in Ok who has some Wyrm wood, and In the Future has offered me some. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a drug user at all, Only tried Mary Jane once, But ever since I saw the Original recipe for Oysters rockefeller, and It called for Absynthe, I wantedto try It.

call It my last Rebellion from a youth long long ago.

Stephen

PS. Judge Do Be carefull, It can cause serious harm, and even Death. I only accept the risk Because I have an incredible tolerance towards Most Poisons.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Ravok

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2004, 11:33:16 am »
 Real Absinth contains Opium as well as worm wood and is illeagal in the US. :carmen:

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2004, 12:08:03 pm »
That's very True Ravok.

Stephen

Offline Grand Master of Shadows NCC37385

• Captain
  • 107th Confederate Militia! Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2004, 12:09:59 pm »
Chocolate Gravy

2 heaping tablespoons of cocoa
1 cup of sugar
3 tablespoons of flour
4 cups of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 tablespoon of butter

Mix the cocoa, flour, and the sugar in a pot with a fork or whisk until well blended.  Add all of the other ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring .constantly, over medium heat.  Continue cooking until the gravy is the desired thickness.  Serve hot over biscuits with lots of butter.

I'm God's gift to women!

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.-Robert A. Heinlein

Help control the idiot population. Have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Offline Abfalter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2004, 02:17:13 pm »
In skillet brown 4 pieces of Bacon, drain all but two tablespoons of grease (Very important resist eating bacon)  crumble up the 4 pieces of Bacon and put back in, I only used 3 as I ate 1 piece, HEY I was hungry. Next start with 1/8 cup flour 1/2 cup milk and add to grease and start mixing. I like my gravy some what creamy so I wound up with about maybe 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups milk to 1/4 flour salt pepper to taste and enjoy.

Can't be more accurate than that as you mix it the way you like it but it gives you a start. You can sub sausage and or hamburger for the Bacon but I wanted Bacon.

I think you forgot the final step in the recipie where you call 9-1-1 and tell them to hurry up since you are going to need a difribulator.
==========================
  Let us never forgot our gracious former 
  hosts at the Taldren Forums                 
==========================

Offline _SSCF_Hooch

• Old Guy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Kirk was right
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2004, 05:04:23 pm »
In skillet brown 4 pieces of Bacon, drain all but two tablespoons of grease (Very important resist eating bacon)  crumble up the 4 pieces of Bacon and put back in, I only used 3 as I ate 1 piece, HEY I was hungry. Next start with 1/8 cup flour 1/2 cup milk and add to grease and start mixing. I like my gravy some what creamy so I wound up with about maybe 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups milk to 1/4 flour salt pepper to taste and enjoy.

Can't be more accurate than that as you mix it the way you like it but it gives you a start. You can sub sausage and or hamburger for the Bacon but I wanted Bacon.

You got to be a none city type to know how to do it right.

Hooch

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 05:37:08 pm »
Shadow's recipe (thanks bud) is the same as my grandmother uses.  YUM.  In fact...I think I want to fix some!

Absinthe is great.  I've had it before, in Paris, and loved it, but it is very easy to overdue it too much.

As for illegal...well, it was ordered and went through customs  :)

Oh wait, that's right...it wasn't declared when the guy brought it back from france.  He had six bottles of it and none of them were searched.
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Grand Master of Shadows NCC37385

• Captain
  • 107th Confederate Militia! Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2004, 05:39:56 pm »
Sure Judge. Politics is one thing, food is another!  ;D

I'm God's gift to women!

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.-Robert A. Heinlein

Help control the idiot population. Have your liberal spayed or neutered!