Topic: Any Klingon Academy-esque models out there for SFC#?  (Read 944 times)

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
Any Klingon Academy-esque models out there for SFC#?
« on: July 22, 2004, 12:21:44 am »
It's been a while since I've asked this question before.  Being on another computer not of my own (and less efficient), and feeling bored with what I have, I'm asking this again:

Are there any Klingon Academy-related models out there for any SFC game?  I mean SFC1, SFC2/OP, SFC3, you name where and which game, I'll get it and decide what to install.

With a thread or two related to this, and WickedZombie45 pumping out insanely-wonderful models that originated from designs of ships for Klingon Academy, I decided to see if there were still any out there that were built from scratch or ported over.  Feeling the need to play an SFC game again, and which for that matter being a question for myself, I really need to ask which one and what models are out there.

In light of a recent thread, I pondered that if I installed any SFC game I'd wonder if I'd ever do a personal KA-themed SFC, replacing Hydrans with Sha'Kurians and Lyrans with Tholians, Fed Constitution CCs with Lexington CCs, etc.  Or at least adding those ships to SFC2/OP.... Or installing them someway, somehow to SFC3 (I wonder if it was worth my fifteen dollars... *shrug*).

So, to sum this up, aside from WZ's great and wonderful models, are there any Klingon Academy-related models out there?  Any scratch-built or direct ports from the game?

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
Re: Any Klingon Academy-esque models out there for SFC#?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 03:52:33 am »
Theres a question with £15 dollars do you buy SFCIII or SFCII....  :o

I wonder.... ;)

I personnaly like them both....

SFC II was better for its fleet Command interface, and SFC III although the fllet commands are crap (lack of control) the game is awsome!

As for KA ships their are a few people doing conversions... I am doing some for Unity over at the STGD.. its a slow process... but im sure other people are doing them aswell, mine are converted for SFCIII though. ;)

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 04:28:01 am »
i have converted the Shakurians and some Tholians and Darkdrone has to converted some Tholians from KA and the Shakurians are comming to SFC3 in the next days, i still work on this Scout-frigate and converted the Romulan Preax and got to know that this was ported over to SFC by Moonraker before but mine is one group mesh and has one texture that is at higher resolution/resized to 512x512

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163343990.0.html

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline J-O-K-E-R

• Veteran Modeler since SFC 1
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Mars Station  A (NON-Canon) Shipyard & Research Facility
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 07:35:06 am »
I don't know if you'll like it or not, (it's a non-canon ship) but as requested by "Capt, Ravenous" I had made A TNG version of USS Missouri from Klingon Academy.
Your more than welcome to it, at my site.

Not related to "The_Joker"  :)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 09:36:55 am »
Funny thing is I have just started a Klingon Academy collection. I have a good chunk of the models that are currently available but I am missing a few. I also need to put them all on a single folder/disk too.

Specifically:

There are two WWI colored QaHoS (Stock OP KCL) out there from SFC1 days with Sopwith Camel and Red Baron colors.

Moonraker did a SFC1 (not much) higher poly version of the KA Romulan BB (STOCK SFC: OP RBB).

Captain KoraH did a Thulls (warp-engine style) "Goshawk" a larger version of the KA Romulan Legion which I recently retextured; he also did a Cormorant [think KA Imperium/STOCK OP: RBC] Thulls (warp-engine style).

KITBASH IDEAS: I'd love to see Atrahasis Killerhawk (higher poly Stok RBC) with Thulls' style warp engines kitbashed to it. The version I use has Atra's D2 RBB and Thull's warpengine textures on it; looks great but the warp engines need upgrading....

WIP: WZ45 is working on the KA Missouri FBB

If you are looking for anything more specific post here and we can try to assist.

Qapla!

KF

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 10:43:48 am »
I have quite a few SFC1 KA-esque models already in my collection, had them for years.  Someone named DarkDrone converted these models from the game to SFC1 and SFC2...

Joker, I remember that Missouri... I dunno if I already had it.

Markyd, I guess you're confused as to where I live, or I'm confusing the beginning part of your message a bit. *shrug* I payed $15 dollars for SFC3, two years after its release.  I'm no expert on currency, but wouldn't it be  £7.5 dollars or something like that?
However, I do like all three SFC games... SFC1 when I first got it, I had a blast, and enjoyed how the game was like, and might play it for the sake of nostalgia. :) SFC2 was an improvement with more ambient lighting for realism, more balance, as everyone had either fighters or pseudo-fighters.  SFC: OP was SFC2 with a little more features and eight Pirate factions you can play alongside the eight main governments/races/species/etc.  SFC3 was a dumbed down version of SFC1 with more lighting abilities than SFC2 or 3 had, better damage textures, bigger stars/suns... It's more graphically-appealing than it is gameplay-wise.  And even if I'm a fan of the TNG-era (but not as big a fan to the mid-to-late-2370s and beyond), my heart belongs to the TMP-era... I.E. the 2270s-2290s.  Also, I find SFC1/2/OP easier to mod than SFC3, as SFC3 is more like BC modding-ability-wise.  So a lot of factors come in here; what era of Trek I like, what kind-of gameplay I want, how easy it can be modified, etc.  So I'm verging on the option of either SFC1 or SFC: OP.  But I'm open to options...

KlingonFanatic: I knew I would see you respond, but I figured you'd already have a collection of KA-esque models. :)  I remember WZ's WIP of the Missouri-class, but it seems he stopped so he can pump out other stuff... Cool guy, cool models, but I question if I would use them... Reason is, I can't find a stupid adapter I need for the monitor of my own computer for compatibility, and until then, I have to use another computer, which is less efficient, especially for my SFC stuff.  Otherwise, I'd immediately download his stuff and use them all I can. :)
By the way... I remember a couple years back, maybe more... Didn't Moonraker convert over KA Tholians and actually had lit some for SFC2?  I'm sure of it as I remember seeing a post with screenshots of them.

Just to clarify, I'm looking for any available SFC model that is KA-related, for any SFC game.  This especially goes for SFC1 and SFC2.  This can be even the KA stock Constitution-class or K't'inga for SFC1 or 2.  I mean any KA model, scratch-built or ported.  Even base stations or battle stations that can replace big huge starbases that are too big for those roles.  This question includes the Tholian and Sha'kurian ships too.

And in a slight off-topic note... Speaking of Tholians... Are Brezgonne's Tholians still around?  Just so I can grab 'em again and use them once again... I also heard of a retexture of his Tholians too...

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 04:59:37 pm »
You could always download them now and save them for later. ;)
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712