Topic: UFP-1 Starfleet One released  (Read 10923 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
UFP-1 Starfleet One released
« on: August 04, 2004, 08:59:20 pm »
The wartime flagship of the President of the United Federation of Planets.

http://www.nightsoft.net/mckinnleystation/starfleet1.zip
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
Re: UFP-1 Starfleet One released
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 10:41:24 pm »

THANKS!!!
Great JOB man!!!
All Things End

Offline battlestar001

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 10:08:59 am »
She looks fantastic. Great job. U going to release the others u did in this style?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 11:02:48 am »
others? what do you mean Others?

thus far this is the only Presidential-style ship ive done.

i may do the olympic and an Excelsior...or even a Commendant.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 09:57:48 pm »
Why ignore the Galaxy-class?  It's the most practical class for a Presidential ship...

Please don't take offense, I appreciate what you're doing, but still, I can't help but feel this as a fanboy's dream ship more than a presidential ship.  I'm really sorry but I feel this way...

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 10:32:24 pm »
okay, ill think about doing a retex of the galaxy...if it makes everyone happy.
Robinomicon

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 11:55:38 pm »
I wasn't implying you have to, I was just further implying an honest opinion.  Only I got a bit carried away. *sigh* Sorry.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 12:52:07 am »
No worries

Part of being a moddeller/textuerer/artist is doing a few requests from the community. I am more than willing to take a bash at it.

but understand Atlantis is going to take priority...ASSUMING I CAN FIND IMAGES
Robinomicon

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 02:11:07 am »
Heh, I'm a Stargate fan, albeit a newbie to it but I learn quickly on it. ;)

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2004, 01:41:16 pm »

Fury, she's a beautiful ship.  Incredible.  :-D  Although I think you forgot to change the name on the rear of the ship.  It still says Starforce 1, but that's minor.  She's still beautiful!!  AND FOR SFC3!!!!  *bows down to the ship*  Thanks again.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2004, 01:53:47 pm »
Corrected, i will let you know when i upload the fixed version
Robinomicon

Offline battlestar001

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2004, 03:35:22 pm »
I saw a pic of a connie refit inanother post?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2004, 04:36:05 pm »
Not mine

that was GAFY?s...it can be found at the-tcs.net
Robinomicon

Offline battlestar001

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2004, 01:12:03 pm »
oh  thanks

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2004, 07:12:20 pm »
Actually, Chris Johnson has a good point here.  Ya, this is a nice ship and design, but I would think during war, the Federation would definitly NOT want their president in a powerful ship at the front lines.  The Galaxy Class (or perhaps a hybrid of it) would be a much more logical choice for a Presidential ship in my opinion.  Granted, the Galaxies are not the most powerful ships in Starfleet now, but they have excellent Hull sizes which means they can load up on a lot of other important equipment then just weapons.  You could load sophisitcated Scanners, Sensorsr, Steller Cartography Computers, Fleet Tactical Rooms, Huge Facilities to coordinate Federation Operations and Civilian Trafic, etc.  I mean, the Galaxies can carry nearly 6000 people comfortably, I think a Galaxy with all that extra space would be the most ideal choice for a presidentail vessel. 

Granted, the vessel would have some armament on it, but I would imagine it would have the Standard Phaser Arrays with a more of an emphisis on Defense and Sheilding then offensive firepower.
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2004, 12:42:23 pm »
Just wondering if the update to Starfleet One has been posted.  :-D  Also, this is a shameless bump.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2004, 06:39:29 pm »
Well, from a Galaxy the president could indeed run the federation from any location in federation space.

Okay, galaxy it is.
Robinomicon

Offline AgentSloan

• Section 31 Head
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Leader of Section 31
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2004, 08:53:16 am »
Why ignore the Galaxy-class?  It's the most practical class for a Presidential ship...

Please don't take offense, I appreciate what you're doing, but still, I can't help but feel this as a fanboy's dream ship more than a presidential ship.  I'm really sorry but I feel this way...

Hello Chris Johnson,

Ole AgentSloan here,.... again,....

UFP Starfleet One

Me-self, I happen to like this ship,
In fact, I think its one damn fine design.

I see you still apologise, before you "tacklessly" venture your critical opinion,
You know,... it would be a little less irratating (in my opinion), if you didn't apologise first,... and just said what you thought straight out, without pre-text,....

Take care,
AgentSloan

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2004, 11:04:21 am »
I see you still apologise, before you "tacklessly" venture your critical opinion,
You know,... it would be a little less irratating (in my opinion), if you didn't apologise first,... and just said what you thought straight out, without pre-text,....

Sorry Don, i disagree.
While its true an apology isnt necessary, it is still a nice gesture. It says "I respect what you say, but i still disagree with you." Saying what you want to say directly is a bit dangerous on forum boards because without a tone to tell emotion and intent, it can be misinterpreted.
Nothing wrong with being cautious
And he wasing be tactless.
Robinomicon

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2004, 10:13:02 am »
Well, from a Galaxy the president could indeed run the federation from any location in federation space.

Okay, galaxy it is.

Good call Fury sir, I concur with Chris and yourself,the Galaxy is the most logical (ack Spock flashback) choice.
 ;)
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.