Topic: Well...  (Read 20553 times)

Offline EE

• In a constant state of Misery
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Well...
« on: August 12, 2004, 06:35:28 am »
The chick I want to get to know a little better is going to a rave with me on Sept 4th. I bought her a ticket for her B-Day. She was happy because she wanted to go but did not know if she would have the cash or not, now she can and has no choice :D.

Good times.
I came, I saw, I came again

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
Re: Well...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 08:13:52 am »
You know you wanna hit that,
You know you wanna hit that, hit that
-The Offspring
CK

But tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or fix this hole in a mother's son?
Can you heal the broken worlds within?
Can you strip away so we may start again?
Tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or cut this rope and let us run?
Just when all seems fine, and I'm pain free, you jab another pin,
Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 08:43:58 am »
You've been finding more and more uses for that song Clark.
I believe this belongs to you. -Commander Sheehan to Imperial Captain Smithy
"Wedge, it's amazing how deceptive you can be without actually lying." -Tycho Celchu

Offline oldmanken

• Le Boss!
  • Lt.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 09:00:49 am »
Tippity-tap, tippity-tap, tippity-tap TAP!!!
"Purgatory is kinda like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really sh*t, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham." - Ray (Colin Farrell) in In Bruges

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 01:17:45 pm »
You've been finding more and more uses for that song Clark.
Technically I've been using it for the same use each time.  It's sage advice though, you gott admit.   ;D
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 02:04:00 pm »
Touche, a very good point.
"Wedge, it's amazing how deceptive you can be without actually lying." -Tycho Celchu

Offline EE

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 02:36:50 pm »
just got a text message ( which kinda sucks, only had 4-5 hours of sleep all nightnow ). Wants me to come over tomorrow. hermm

Offline oldmanken

• Le Boss!
  • Lt.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 04:20:04 pm »
Tippity-tap, tippity-tap, tippity-tap TAP!!!

(If CK can reuse, so can I dammit!)

I'm off to work now, with that hot little chickie I've been talking about.  She'll be coming home with me tonight, w00t!!
"Purgatory is kinda like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really sh*t, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham." - Ray (Colin Farrell) in In Bruges

Offline EE

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 04:34:50 pm »
yeah I am about to leave for work as well. Going to be getting 12-14 hours today, wont get off until 8 or 9am and then I am supposed to head to her house around noon. I wont be worth a damn for anything other then sleep. I think I have had maybe 15 hours of sleep all week. I cant shut my mind off. Between the excitment of turbo for my car soon, the rave on the 4th, her  and the unexcitment of too much work and not beiung able to get stock numbers and locations out of my head, I cant sleep. I really need some sleeping pills.

I was skipping around work lastnight. Sleep Dep is taking over.

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 05:06:24 pm »
But at least you're working, as oppse to you know, not working. Keep it up man, things always get better!

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004, 05:26:14 pm »
Alls I can say is...
Think back to that commercial you posted in another topic a few days ago....
and don't forget to deliver a large sausage.
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Redshift the Kook

• Nondescript
  • Lt.
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 06:17:18 pm »
Dude, you really need to sleep. Sleep depro is the worst, totally screws up your head, you kind of go zombified. Seriously, you could easily step out into the road without thinking and get squished or something.

Uurghh, I haven't had much time to sleep this week and Doom 3 came out today so I rushed home and have been playing it for about five hours. After a weeks worth of stress, (I worked last Saturday too so I've 11 of the last 12 days), and not much sleep, the lights turned out, headphones on, and chainsaw weilding zombies coming at me with all these hellish mumblings and demonic symbols appearing everywhere it is safe to say I feel ill!  :P
All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being obvious.

Offline EE

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 07:44:43 am »
I am so used to working with sleep dep. Everytime I go to sleep I see one of many things in my head, Turbo for my car, Work, her and work. Its annoying. If I do get to sleep, something happens that wakes me up. Thats if I can shut my mind off long enough to even fall to sleep within 2 or 3 hours of laying down. I am all levels of tired too. I walk at least 14 miles a day at work. I load about 10 tons worth of product onto carts and pallets to take to trucks and then unload the same 10 tons a night into the trucks ( just my trucks, not counting other peoples trucks ). I should be able to sleep but I cant keep my mind tuned out.

Well, its 5:45am.. time to do some laundery, shave, shower and then try to get a couple hours of sleep before I go work on her car... and maybe check under her hood :D ( sorry I could not resist the chance to say it. No work will be done under the hood, no matter how tempting it would be )

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2004, 09:55:54 am »
Insomnia isn't good.  I've been there way too many times.
If your medical will cover it, see a psychiatrist.  You coul see a GP for this, but GPs know next to nothing in this area, so you'd be getting mediocre service.  You may have an anxiety disorder, or something else of course.  At the very least they can prescribe you a good sleep med that won't screw with your head or become addictive.
Therapy might help as well and teach you how to better block racing thoughts.
As far as her hood, if the offer is there, go for it.  After all, her hood may require some expert attention.   ;)
It would be ungentlemanly to do any less.   ;D
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Capt. Mike

• Live from Granpa's Grotto
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2004, 10:04:51 am »
EE, I know how those 12-14 hour days go..the last few years in the USAF I was basically the shop chief/NCOIC..on call 24/7 unless I went on leave out of the local area...I'd get calls at 2 AM for drunken airmen, wife abuse, etc....

When you get the time (and I know how important extra-curricular activities are), rest...believe it or not, I lost almost 50 pounds after I got out from the lack of stess..205 to 160..I feel better, and I actually enjoy excersizing again...

As to the hood, make sure the headlights work  :D

Mike
Summum ius summa iniuria.

The more law, the less justice.

Cicero, De Officiis, I, 33

"It doesn't, and you can't, I won't, and it don't
it hasn't, it isn't, it even ain't, and it shouldn't
it couldn't"
FZ, 1974

My chops were not as fast...[but] I just leaned more on what was in my mind than what was in my chops.  I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will probably whip the guy with twenty notes.
 --Les Paul

Offline oldmanken

• Le Boss!
  • Lt.
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2004, 12:15:43 pm »
I'm not working as much as you are EE, nor losing as much sleep, but I know what it feels like to be tired all the time.  This week has been hell, and I've taken home work from the office every night.  Add in working at the bar on the weekend and I get very little sleep.

I'm dead tired at the moment, but have to go to work in a half hour.  Luckily it's only for three hours, so that's some consolation.  Was a long night last night, even though we closed the bar at 12.  :)

Offline EE

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2004, 03:19:16 pm »
Insomnia isn't good.  I've been there way too many times.
If your medical will cover it, see a psychiatrist.  You coul see a GP for this, but GPs know next to nothing in this area, so you'd be getting mediocre service.  You may have an anxiety disorder, or something else of course.  At the very least they can prescribe you a good sleep med that won't screw with your head or become addictive.
Therapy might help as well and teach you how to better block racing thoughts.
As far as her hood, if the offer is there, go for it.  After all, her hood may require some expert attention.   ;)
It would be ungentlemanly to do any less.   ;D

This insomnia is a thing that I go through a couple times a year. I just cant sleep, my work and life suffer for it and then it leaves for a while and all is fine. Seriously, I look like I got in a fight I have such dark rings under my eyes from lack of sleep. Lastnight though, I just passed the hell out. its 1pm, I did not sleep too long but I got more sleep this morning then I have gotten any other day in the last few weeks.

As for her hood, respect is what keeps me from checking the fluids.

Offline EE

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2004, 04:05:58 am »
well... thats all I have to say at the moment. Confusion and frustration. Lets see how tomorrow goes.

Offline EE

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2004, 02:01:55 am »
didnt go at all. nice.

picked up her birthday card after spending about 45 minutes at the hallmark store trying to find the right one and she doesnt even come out today, didnt even respond to my either of my text messages. alright.

Offline oldmanken

• Le Boss!
  • Lt.
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2004, 11:23:32 am »
Interesting...

What exactly happened when you where over there the other day?  Is she totally not giving any signs at all?