Topic: Heres' the deal  (Read 6485 times)

Offline _SSCF_Hooch

• Old Guy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Kirk was right
Heres' the deal
« on: September 06, 2004, 11:10:14 am »
First, KBF I know we have had our issues lately and for that I am sorry for my part in it.

However, I wanted your support for this server and I allowed myself to be talked into something other than what I wanted to do, which is a full draft. I am convined that we as a community really need to do this and move beyond our historical races that we have played. I love the game more than I love being a Federation player. Federation will always be my first choice as a player but for the sake of the game or server I will play what needs to be played.

So a full draft it is, I hope you will all support this and look beyond the past mis-understandings

Bearslayer and Jinn are going to assist in the draft details

Die Hard is going to host

Jeff is going to get me a shiplist together

Right now I need to get the House situations settled

Dizzy is a house leader for sure right now, but Mav is working a lot hours right now.

Tracey and Kim are a question mark and I need to hear from them

I think Hex is interested

I am open to one of the KBF and KHH guys to heading a house

Please PM for house suggestions, and be nice please.

Lets get this ball rolling as soon as possible, I have the server rules that I will post in another thread.

Cheers

Hooch

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
Re: Heres' the deal
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 11:55:26 am »
Any idea of when it's actually going to happen?
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline _SSCF_Hooch

• Old Guy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Kirk was right
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 11:58:07 am »

Within the next two weeks is what I am shooting for.

Hooch

Offline KBF-WillWeasel

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • beware the crap
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 12:27:03 pm »

Hooch

I had thought if the KBF was not going to fly as a Fleet, then we would be pulled to be house leaders.

Hmm o well.
Somewhere north of the Azores.
KBF always

Offline KBF-Dogmatix_XC

• Pimpmaster General
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 12:30:25 pm »
In a way, I like the idea of have independents as House leaders.  Dizzy....Hexx....and one other who isn't in a fleet.  It might cut down on any possible. favoritism shown towards fellow fleet members.

Sounds great, Hooch.  I'm looking forward to it.

Dogmatix, XC, KBF
yo' aj, Klingon Black Fleet
Director, XenoCorp Tactics and Strategy Division
DGA Board of Directors
SFC2.Net Administrator

Offline _SSCF_Hooch

• Old Guy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Kirk was right
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 12:30:36 pm »

Hooch

I had thought if the KBF was not going to fly as a Fleet, then we would be pulled to be house leaders.

Hmm o well.

YES, I certainly wish that. Name the guys.

Offline KAT J'inn

• CFO - Kzinti War Machine, Inc.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 12:34:12 pm »
CHA-CHING BABY!!!

Okay . .   KBF . .  let's talk money.  I'm sure the draft can be "set up" in a mutually acceptable manner.

But seriously.

Being a draft . . .  and not a blind draft . .  .  It is possible that many of the KBF can stay together.   They just have to be drafted.

As for post draft trading . . .  <yes I know this would come up so I might as well get to it now>  Not a good idea.  Bound to cause a flame war.  Lets not go there.   Ya fly for who drafted ya.

Now this of course means that you shouldn't even fly on the server if there are certain players that you just plain refuse to fly with.   Why?  Because if you get drafted with them adn THEN refuse to play it will screw up the numbers.

My idea is to have each house leader sumbit a private PRIVATE! draft card to me and Bear.  It would list all of the players in the pool in your order of preference.

Bear and I would then handle the draft using a Round system.

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 12:40:15 pm »
Sigh.
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv
A Retired But Proud Member of the Klingon Black Fleet

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline KAT J'inn

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 12:41:35 pm »
Sigh.

That's it!!   I draft Mazeppa to be on the team with just Hexx, Mav, me and Nail.

The House K'Bastard!

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2004, 12:58:09 pm »
Sigh.

That's it!!   I draft Mazeppa to be on the team with just Hexx, Mav, me and Nail.

The House K'Bastard!

Just how many Transporters do the D5 and D7 hulls have :rofl: :notworthy:

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline _SSCF_Hooch

• Old Guy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Kirk was right
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 07:30:46 pm »
Bumped

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2004, 08:15:17 pm »
Would be kinda cool to have a "real" klingon as the house leader for all four.

Looking forward to the game.

Offline Julin Eurthyr

• Veltrassi Ambassador at Large
  • Lt. Commander
  • Back in Exile due to Win 7 - ISC RM/Strat Com.
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2004, 08:24:29 pm »
Are we still going for a 4-house deal, or just 3?

Either way, I think we would be best served by a non-klingon leader on each team to help involve the community (and cut down on the favoritism posts), with a full-blooded Klingon (probably one of the usual KBF-leadership but there's some KHH leaders and non-aligned leaders out there too...) willing to team up and make sure someone on the team knows quite a bit about the Klingons...

If necessary, this Veltrassi ambassador is willing to lead a house.  If I am needed, let me know...

AKA: Koloth Kinshaya - Lord of the House Kinshaya in the Klingon Empire
S'Leth - Romulan Admiral
Some anonymous strongman in Prime Industries

Offline [KBF]MuadDib

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2004, 08:46:28 pm »
CHA-CHING BABY!!!

Okay . .   KBF . .  let's talk money.  I'm sure the draft can be "set up" in a mutually acceptable manner.

But seriously.

Being a draft . . .  and not a blind draft . .  .  It is possible that many of the KBF can stay together.   They just have to be drafted.

As for post draft trading . . .  <yes I know this would come up so I might as well get to it now>  Not a good idea.  Bound to cause a flame war.  Lets not go there.   Ya fly for who drafted ya.

Now this of course means that you shouldn't even fly on the server if there are certain players that you just plain refuse to fly with.   Why?  Because if you get drafted with them adn THEN refuse to play it will screw up the numbers.

My idea is to have each house leader sumbit a private PRIVATE! draft card to me and Bear.  It would list all of the players in the pool in your order of preference.

but for whatever reason should the players on the draft board do not get along with the house leader that picks them?

i mean sure...we can all be nice...but that doesnt mean we really like them...i just trying to say...that not every one is as transparent with their dislikes....say like me....

and good friendships are a high commodity...how much you willing to spend?
Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it.

Offline KBF-Nail

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2004, 09:02:45 pm »
Well so much for me flying with the KBF. Im sure they want too kill me for being the Fleet Bastard that I am.

Offline Julin Eurthyr

• Veltrassi Ambassador at Large
  • Lt. Commander
  • Back in Exile due to Win 7 - ISC RM/Strat Com.
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2004, 09:16:55 pm »
Dib:

That's one of the things that I believe this server is supposed to put to rest...

This community is too small to survive rivalries so intense that people are almost physically unwilling to play with their "rivals".  None of us should be that repulsive to any other community member to elict that level of response...

Unless there's been some cross-forum dating and the breakup has been that bad...  ::)

Even though my colorblindness is going to make it tough for me to run another stunt in Klink blood-red, its starting to look like I will have to do so if that team picks me.  Hopefully the past 2 months of not needing to stare at it has allowed my eyes to calm enough to let me handle it for the duration...

AKA: Koloth Kinshaya - Lord of the House Kinshaya in the Klingon Empire
S'Leth - Romulan Admiral
Some anonymous strongman in Prime Industries

Offline KAT J'inn

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2004, 09:45:06 pm »
CHA-CHING BABY!!!

But seriously.

but for whatever reason should the players on the draft board do not get along with the house leader that picks them?

i mean sure...we can all be nice...but that doesnt mean we really like them...i just trying to say...that not every one is as transparent with their dislikes....say like me....

and good friendships are a high commodity...how much you willing to spend?

Don't have ta like them.  I'm just saying that if your dislike is so strong for one of the leaders or a particular player that you absolutely would not play if drafted on that team, then it might be best just to skip this server instead of running the risk of FUBARing the numbers.

You can despise them all wish.  LOL  I'm just trying to avoid people not playing after they have been drafted due only to a dislike of a player(s)l.

Offline [KBF]MuadDib

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2004, 10:07:07 pm »
im all for the draft...dont get me wrong

just allow the "PLAYERS" the ability to at least offer house "LEADERS" they wish to fly for...if there are 3 houses...as a "PLAYER" you must submit to be drafted into a minimum of 2 houses...but that wont work either if youre gonna put a KHH and KBF guy in charge of 2 houses...at least for the klink pilots...cos you know they will pitch for either a KBF or KHH house "LEADER"...or 1 of these 2 as a choice and the other for the 3rd...for KHH/KBF pilots....

and compromise has no valor when youre told...just don't play then...considering you want people to play and "bury the hatchet"...and not want to unbalance the houses by providing a draft........

Julin:

LB5 was really nice on the eyes...both klink and gorn were on the other side...together...what a nightmare it is when the two are foes...do you know how many times i thought i was headed to a klingon hex....to find out its gorn....bah....ironic though cos i got screwed yet again in LB5 with mirak being allied to neutral hexes...bad pun...but for some of us...the two look the same...i literaly had to right click to follow the mirak lines...and ya i hit a couple nuetrals...not too mention i still cannot tell the difference between klink and gorn ship icons on the dyna map... :P
Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it.

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2004, 10:50:39 pm »
My understanding is that you can challange the House Leader for control of the house.  So if you don't care for the leader who drafts you, just assassinate him plain and simple, what could be more Klingon, problem solved.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2004, 11:09:32 pm »
My understanding is that you can challange the House Leader for control of the house.  So if you don't care for the leader who drafts you, just assassinate him plain and simple, what could be more Klingon, problem solved.

I guess we would just have t-bombs, tractors and planets/asteroids at our disposal?

Seriously though, I think the house leaders should all be respected Klinks, but keep the draft. I would think that Kreug and Shadowlord should be considered for two of the spots.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel