Topic: New SFB Peladine Resolute-Class CA...Uh and the rest of the fleet..lol  (Read 20942 times)

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
Pics and Lightmaps By Tus!!
Thanks mate:)

« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 02:55:32 pm by Azel »
All Things End

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
Re: New SFB Peladine Resolute-Class CA
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 08:36:57 pm »
Wow thats pretty cool looking. New races huh?

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 08:40:32 pm »
OMG... Thu11 does it again!!!

So is this the way that the Pleadines in the Galaxies at War mod will look?
Uh...Not Thu11s mate...Me...lol (but thanks for the compliment)
I meshed and textured the ship...Tus added the lightmaps and did the renders

Its a more Obscure race from SFB...Rod O'Neal can tell you more...I just build the models...lol
All Things End

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 08:47:11 pm »

WTF!? This is by Atolm, Thu11s isn't mentioned anywhere in his post and Thu11s don't even do SFB era stuff he does TMP era SFB inspired stuff.

Looks cool Atolm, though I think the bird feathers on the wing are a bit too close to those on the B'rel, otherwise a brilliant interpretation of what could have been a cool race.
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 08:51:21 pm »
Misread the post, guys... don't get too upset. A 40 hour a week job and 12 semester hours of college often fry one's brain in that way.

Atolm, my appologies, mea maxima culpa :-[ !
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 08:52:24 pm »
I never thought a SFB ship could look so good.

But, seriously, it's beautiful in a kind of passenger civilian vehicle way rather than that of a warship!

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 08:56:57 pm »

WTF!? This is by Atolm, Thu11s isn't mentioned anywhere in his post and Thu11s don't even do SFB era stuff he does TMP era SFB inspired stuff.

Looks cool Atolm, though I think the bird feathers on the wing are a bit too close to those on the B'rel, otherwise a brilliant interpretation of what could have been a cool race.
lol...actually the wing design on the ship looks more like a fish fin than the Klingon BoP pattern...its in a similar styling as this ship is for multiple eras :)

Misread the post, guys... don't get too upset. A 40 hour a week job and 12 semester hours of college often fry one's brain in that way.

Atolm, my appologies, mea maxima culpa  !
NP mate...I know what you mean about working hrs...as many can attest too alot of use do the uber-man lifestyle...lol
All Things End

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 09:18:33 pm »
As stated, these are Azel's, not Thu11s'. Honest mistake, though. This is a TMP interpretation of the SFB designs.

Because all of their weapons are in SFC, I figured that they'd be a good addition to the game and have added them to GaWtm. On a lot of the added races I had to interpret and adapt systems in the game (which sucks! Hopefully we'll have the source code soon and can do it right.). They plug right in and are different enough to add some depth, tactically. They use Plasma and drones as their heavy weapons with a lighter phaser suite than most other races. Their main phaser weapon is the P2 instead of the P1. Although they do have P1s, just to a lesser degree. Kinda like K refit Klingons.

J Carney was kind enough to do the specs for the shiplist for the mod. Now, Azel has offered to add his contribution and make the models. (Yeah Azel 8) :thumbsup:) I'm really gratefull to the both of them for their help and this model has me stoked to see the rest of the fleet.

P.S. So, Marauth... Any more LDR retextures on the horizon? ;)
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 10:35:31 pm »
Now this is an interesting race. I can't wait to see the rest of the Peladine fleet. :)
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 11:57:04 pm »
As stated, these are Azel's, not Thu11s'. Honest mistake, though. This is a TMP interpretation of the SFB designs.

Because all of their weapons are in SFC, I figured that they'd be a good addition to the game and have added them to GaWtm. On a lot of the added races I had to interpret and adapt systems in the game (which sucks! Hopefully we'll have the source code soon and can do it right.). They plug right in and are different enough to add some depth, tactically. They use Plasma and drones as their heavy weapons with a lighter phaser suite than most other races. Their main phaser weapon is the P2 instead of the P1. Although they do have P1s, just to a lesser degree. Kinda like K refit Klingons.

J Carney was kind enough to do the specs for the shiplist for the mod. Now, Azel has offered to add his contribution and make the models. (Yeah Azel 8) :thumbsup:) I'm really gratefull to the both of them for their help and this model has me stoked to see the rest of the fleet.

P.S. So, Marauth... Any more LDR retextures on the horizon? ;)

I have the PSDs of Thu11s' last batch of Lyrans, it's just a matter of finding the time, I also finally did up variant textures for those really odd Tiger variants Thu11s did but I don't botherwith different hull designs as the LDR ships aren't named after cats so they all look pretty much the same. Oh plus I have done a retexture for the WYN conversion of the Leopard so that should eb included when I email Thu11s next.

Are you guys including the Vudar in GaWtm? They're a rather cool race and they actually exist - the Peladine are cool but they're only 'conjectural' i.e. they were conquered by the LSE before the timeline starts, and before they have these cool ships.
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2004, 02:51:37 am »
This Looks awsome.... very unique  ;) Great work guys ;D

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2004, 07:13:53 am »
Nice work. I can't wait to see the rest of the fleet ;)

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2004, 09:19:01 am »
Are you guys including the Vudar in GaWtm? They're a rather cool race and they actually exist - the Peladine are cool but they're only 'conjectural' i.e. they were conquered by the LSE before the timeline starts, and before they have these cool ships.

The Vudar didn't make the mod- ADB has't released the Vudar module yet. It is slated for some time in 2005. So there were only 2 official ships (the DD and the DW) for the Vudar when Rod started specing Galaxies at War.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2004, 09:54:16 am »
Ya never cease to amaze,great job gentlemen.
 :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2004, 11:01:03 am »
I finished a BB and BC last night...I am doing the  others today...keep a look out
All Things End

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2004, 11:29:49 am »
wtf is it?

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2004, 01:19:26 pm »
If you mean the ship at the top then it's a Peladine, they're one of the obscure SFB races who were conquered in the Early Years (a bit before TOS era) by the Lyrans, the Lyrans use conjectural Peladine ships in their simulators to train new captains because they have rather odd tactics compared to the other races, i.e. lots of heavy weapons - plasmas and drones - and comparatively weak primary weapons (phasers).

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2004, 01:36:10 pm »
wtf is it?

The Peladine Republic

by Jessica Orsini

http://www.peladine.com/

Here is the link... it's a well written 'simulator race' for the Lyrans based on a barley warp-capable civilization that they conquered. Mrs. Orsini originally designed only basic FF,DD, CL, CA, and CV hulls. It eventually took on a life of it's own and a whole fleet was developed. ADB has even published her stuff as semi-official material, even though the ships that ADB hasn't published are still available for free on the web.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2004, 02:52:40 pm »
OK here are the others that I said:
Adamant-class BB

Vigilant-Class DN

Decisive-Class CL

Meshes and textures by me
Renders are courtesy of Tus
All Things End

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
Re: New SFB Peladine Resolute-Class CA...Uh and the rest of the fleet..lol
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2004, 02:57:56 pm »
Dude, those are AWESOME!!!

I mean, the BB is supposed to be single-hull according to the SSD, but after seeing your model I have only one thing to say...

Maybe the SSD should be changed!