Topic: Anyone still watching Enterprise??  (Read 5748 times)

Offline Mentat Jon

• Captain
  • Sending you to hell via drone alpha
Anyone still watching Enterprise??
« on: October 31, 2004, 11:25:26 am »
I never thought id say this about another trek based show, but like with Voyager, ive lost interest :(  anyone else here in trekdom feel the same way??

* The tri monthy trek thread, now back to H&S with me!!!
"The great questions of the day will be decided not by speeches or majority votes ...but by blood and iron." - Prince Otto Von Bismarck.

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Anyone still watching Enterprise??
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 11:39:22 am »
Yeah, I'm kinda there.  I stopped watching before the last few episodes of last season (had them all taped in order up to that point, and I did catch a little of the season finale and part of the next season opener on a rerun), but I just couldn't take it anymore.   I just can't get back into watching it now that I've got other things going either.   I keep meaning to make time, but it just doesn't happen, and the new time slot hasn't been helpful either.

Offline Mentat Jon

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 11:44:56 am »
Yeah, I'm kinda there.  I stopped watching before the last few episodes of last season (had them all taped in order up to that point, and I did catch a little of the season finale and part of the next season opener on a rerun), but I just couldn't take it anymore.   I just can't get back into watching it now that I've got other things going either.   I keep meaning to make time, but it just doesn't happen, and the new time slot hasn't been helpful either.

yeah im in the same boat, ive been taping over, Enterprise episodes, with Movies , I think the back breaker was the time travel into WW2,and Waffen SS aliens, I was like Ok im done, in Babylon 5 they did the time travel thing once,  and it was the linch pin to the whole show. :(

"The great questions of the day will be decided not by speeches or majority votes ...but by blood and iron." - Prince Otto Von Bismarck.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 12:26:33 pm »
Guys, you're missing better episodes than you've caught in the past.

If anyone taped the opening two episodes, watch them.  It's quite a bit better than, "not bad"!

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 01:47:08 pm »
I tried watching it.  I even forced myself to watch a few episodes.  I tried watching one episode this season but the sound was messed up when I watched it.  I just haven't been able to stay interested or focused on the episodes, so sadly I must admit I'm not really watching it anymore.   In fact the only TV shows I've really been watching has been News, and when in the US I watch Smallville, a strange program on Spike with Japanese contestants who run around like video game characters in a game show of something, and Poker.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 07:01:43 pm »
Let's see...

... you missed: the green Orion slave girl, T'Pol getting auctioned off, a real Enterprise crewman that was actually scared, a scary character played by Brent Spiner, and a human kicking a Klingon sending him, oh, about fifty or sixty feet...

... and some interesting themes of slavery, genetic engineering, and some interesting Orion ships.

It was fairly well written.  The new team's effects are showing... and no time travel!

Offline Mentat Jon

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 07:04:53 pm »
Let's see...

... you missed: the green Orion slave girl, T'Pol getting auctioned off, a real Enterprise crewman that was actually scared, a scary character played by Brent Spiner, and a human kicking a Klingon sending him, oh, about fifty or sixty feet...

... and some interesting themes of slavery, genetic engineering, and some interesting Orion ships.

It was fairly well written.  The new team's effects are showing... and no time travel!

I guess I give it a 2nd chance, compaired to the crap on TV these days Enterprise is still the best program on TV.

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 10:28:26 pm »
Yeah - I starting to get impressed again by Star Trek.

My wife was incredulous - she was like "wow that was a pretty good one!"

I'd hafta agree...

Keep it up Coto - this thing might yet turn itself around!

Offline GarrethMacLeod

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Alternate B Website
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 12:31:01 pm »
I'm watching it. And enjoying it.

Okay, the time travel thing was a bit...odd. But it seems to me that it's trending the right direction.
Alternate B Chief Map Drone and General Whipping Boy
http://www.AlternateB.org

Offline CaptJosh

• Lt.
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004, 09:06:26 pm »
I find time travel stories to be interesting, but generally overdone, and temporal mechanics gives me a headache, anyway. I'm glad that Manny Cotto hit the reset button on the Temporal War sooner, rather than later. Now we can finally get on to something that is recognizeable as leading to the birth of the Federation.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004, 11:15:12 am »
well thre also daniel i think, the one from the future that keep dying and still alive?, also in voyager what was the name of the time ship and what century was it?, since in enterprise its the enterprise of the future that seem to patrol the time line, so is this enterprise is before the time ship from voyager or aftere?  ??? ???

Offline Davey-E

• Lt.
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 02:13:11 pm »
ENTERPRISE

i Love it - Plain and simple  ;D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"To have the United States at our side was to me the greatest joy. Now at this very moment I knew the United States was in the war, up to the neck and in to the death. So we had won after all!...Hitler's fate was sealed. Mussolini's fate was sealed. As for the Japanese, they would be ground to powder

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 03:39:45 pm »
3 cheers for Coto! I'm watching again and enjoying it! 8)
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Ravok

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2004, 10:11:28 pm »
I watching it this year! so far its ben great.

(It was fun watching those aguments tear, through those Klingons like the where 2 year old kids) :D