Topic: On Fate, Prices, Death , and Planets...  (Read 3016 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
On Fate, Prices, Death , and Planets...
« on: November 13, 2004, 08:25:19 pm »
Some of the First Books I ever red where The Fate, and Price of the Phoenix , spock must die, And of Course Death Planet. I was just curious How many of us Recall the Original novels, or even the Blish Copies.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: On Fate, Prices, Death , and Planets...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 08:28:48 pm »
Some of the First Books I ever red where The Fate, and Price of the Phoenix , spock must die, And of Course Death Planet. I was just curious How many of us Recall the Original novels, or even the Blish Copies.

Stephen

I don't recall Death Planet.  The rest I have read.  I disliked the Spock must die novel but did like the Phoenix novels.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
Re: On Fate, Prices, Death , and Planets...
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 08:48:06 pm »
I only remember Spock Must Die and the Blish adaptations of the scripts.

I remember also Ellison's original City on the Edge of Forever as part of an inexpensive paperback anthology, "Six Science Fiction Plays".  Six pretty good stories.  Of course Harlan Ellison's was the best, and not only 'cuz I was one of those Trek kidz.