Topic: Blalock Blasts Berman...Trouble in Paradise? Berman needs a wakeup call!  (Read 4871 times)

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
Seems not all is happy in Trekland...it's about dang time...hopefully people can speak up...or someone can force Berman into reality even more fully than he already is...

Seems that Jolene may actually be a fan, and though she has been my least favorite character (I am swayed by character and background, not by what many of you might think forms your favorite characters) if this is true, and she is really like this...she has my full support and it actually probably would make her character my favorite simply from supporting Blalock and her views.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/567/567260p1.html?fromint=1

FilmForce » Features » story

The Trek Report: Blalock Blasts Berman
The Forge is hot in a lot of ways

Blalock Blasts Berman:

Enterprise star Jolene Blalock blasted the producers of her series in a scathing interview for the British SF magazine, SFX.  "You can't substitute tits and ass for good storytelling," she told the magazine. "You can have both, but you can't substitute one for the other, because the audience is not stupid. You can't just throw in frivolous, uncharacteristic... well, bull and think it's gonna help the ratings!"

When asked about her thoughts on the continuation of the series and why someone like new producer Manny Coto wasn't brought in earlier, Blalock fired another verbal salvo.

"You have this head guy who's some kind of ancient old croaker with no concept of the real world outside, with his fine wine and his, er, crumpets. And what are ya gonna tell them? 'Give it up'? 'Go home, be with your wife, go play golf'? No ? then ya got no job! A powerful job is your identity. Give that up, and who are you? What the hell are you gonna do with all that time? You can't tell people what to do anymore!"

This follows a bizarre appearance by Blalock on an American talk show a couple of weeks ago.  The SFX Magazine with the Blalock interview hits the stands November 24th.

and

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/568/568260p1.html

It's Enterprise's Last Season
Or so says the ship's first officer.

November 22, 2004 - Jolene Blalock, who plays the Vulcan officer T'Pol on Star Trek: Enterprise is seriously unhappy with the incompetence of the show's producers. The actress takes her role as a Vulcan very seriously, and in an excerpt from SFX Magazine posted at Trekweb, Jolene said she expects the show's problems to hasten its demise at the end of the current season.

"I think this will be our last season. I do. You can feel it. And after this show is over it's gonna be the first time in 17 years that Star Trek isn't on television. I don't know how people feel about that, but I know I'm affected by that thought. But I'd rather let it go than let it die a slow death. It deserves the respect it's due, and if we can't do that... then let it go."

For her part, many of Jolene's frustrations lie with both the discontinuities introduced by the writers and the fact that she is not always allowed to act like a Vulcan in the show. "You can't take T'Pol and say 'Okay, you're a Vulcan' and take away the Vulcan characteristics. You might as well clip the ears! For example: eating food with their hands ? they don't do that! And yet they'll throw in episodes where she's eating popcorn, and I'll say, 'Can I use a napkin?'

"'No, use your hands!'"

The show's problems continue to affect viewership as well. This season's most-watched episode, "The Augments" from last week, reached about 3.4 million viewers, only a quarter of the numbers that the series premiere drew, and lower than any previous Star Trek series.

Does the future of Star Trek lie in more movies rather than television? We'll watch and let you know!
-- Paul Davidson

"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline IKSKevin

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Blalock Blasts Berman...Trouble in Paradise? Berman needs a wakeup call!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 08:37:36 pm »
Isn't there a rumor that another series or movie is in the works.  Paramount has made to much money with the franchise to just throw it out the door.  My fingers are crossed that this isn't just a rumor.  I would be a MESS without some form of Star Trek on TV...hell they could even do something online...with broadband and all.  At least keep the LOYALS, loyal...so that eventually when something is released it wouldn't have died completely.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 08:48:11 pm »
It would help if Berman was actually in control of the show anymore.  Manny Coto is in charge of ENT now.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Grand Master of Shadows NCC37385

• Captain
  • 107th Confederate Militia! Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 08:52:56 am »
I like Blalock. Saw her on one of the late night shows, Letterman or Leno, just before the election. She was talking about her photoshoot in Maxim or some other magazine. The host stated that he had been told that it was a political issue. Blalock responded that, "Yes it is political. There's alot of "BUSH" in there".

I laughed my arse off.

I'm God's gift to women!

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.-Robert A. Heinlein

Help control the idiot population. Have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 04:53:27 pm »
I like Blalock. Saw her on one of the late night shows, Letterman or Leno, just before the election. She was talking about her photoshoot in Maxim or some other magazine. The host stated that he had been told that it was a political issue. Blalock responded that, "Yes it is political. There's alot of "BUSH" in there".

I laughed my arse off.

OK, Shadow, you just made me like Blalock, and I have been trying very hard NOT to do that.

Isn't there a rumor that another series or movie is in the works.  Paramount has made to much money with the franchise to just throw it out the door.  My fingers are crossed that this isn't just a rumor.

I'm definately hoping for another Trek series. I've just about given up that I will ever like Enterprise, even with the too little, too late changes that have been made.

Maybe something in line with the Excelaior ideas that have been put forth, or even *gasp* a show that deals with the other empires, maybe telling the story from Klingon, Romulan and other POV's.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 02:32:15 am »
Aw, c'mon, J.!  Don't the events leading up to the founding of the UFP sound cool?  Imagine all the (nifty) stories they could come up with for the duplicitous Vulcans, hotheaded Andorians, malodorous Klingons, and totally mysterious Romulans?  Sounds like good stew to me!

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 04:51:13 pm »
Aw, c'mon, J.!  Don't the events leading up to the founding of the UFP sound cool?  Imagine all the (nifty) stories they could come up with for the duplicitous Vulcans, hotheaded Andorians, malodorous Klingons, and totally mysterious Romulans?  Sounds like good stew to me!

Sorry. I just can't do it.

Being a Rom fan, All I can see is how they have warped the h311 out of the prewar time period.

I'll get back into Trek when Berman dies. :(
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 10:10:36 pm »
Warped Roms?  (Don't leave them in the sun!)

That does seem eminently fixable- Coto may have some master woodworking device to join the irregular pieces.

Offline Redshift the Kook

• Nondescript
  • Lt.
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 01:04:34 pm »
I don't think the newer Star Trek producers have ever understood what made the show so popular. If you create a fantasy world then it has to be consistent or the episodes in such a world lose their impact and credibility. The big money men have never learned the lesson that Canon = Credibility, they think big bangs and drama is all you need.  :(
All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being obvious.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 01:56:48 pm »
Warped Roms?  (Don't leave them in the sun!)

That does seem eminently fixable- Coto may have some master woodworking device to join the irregular pieces.

Well, if he does, I'll catch it on DVD or in re-runs.  ;)