Topic: .  (Read 30027 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: OutaLance Work Load + Timetable
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2005, 01:28:35 am »
For those BC moddelers of OutaLance, are you guys cool with me porting your BC stuff over to SFC ?

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2005, 06:19:42 am »
For those BC moddelers of OutaLance, are you guys cool with me porting your BC stuff over to SFC ?

Yuppers, just please notify me ;)
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2005, 10:09:54 am »

Okkie dokie...consider yourself notified LOL I'll pm you when I complete each conversion. Thanks again.

-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2005, 03:47:30 pm »

Okkie dokie...consider yourself notified LOL I'll pm you when I complete each conversion. Thanks again.

-MP

Nuopo Problemo mate :D
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2005, 02:31:06 pm »
To expand on what F_W has mentioned I personally wanted to welcome all of our new members, and remind you, if you haven't already done so please sign up for Battleclinic for easy uploads of your ships to your OutaLance page. I did notice that Azel/Atolm, Brezgonne, and KF's pages( off the top of my head) are blank......for some reason their works have not been reposted so F_W and myself, along with each respective members needs to go and check their respective page to see if everything is there. If not PM or Email Mr. Cue and get it rectified. As for our new members (ZZ, GdLuque, Lord_Malak, and anyone else that I'm holding models on my page for , please let me know as soon as you've registered and I will ask Mr.Cue to move you work to your page and fet the credits changed to your name  ;D.

-MP

Offline Dukrat

• OutaLance - Senior Cheif
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2005, 01:43:44 am »
This really doesn't need to be here, but I'm excited becuase the Akira damage maps are done, WoOoT!!!
All that is left is the HP and the default core setups.  The whole thing comes to 137MB in the best RAR compression I can get. 

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2005, 07:04:39 am »
The whole thing comes to 137MB in the best RAR compression I can get.

Ya mean for the entire pack right ? If this is the case, break the pack down to individual ship d/l's that should greatly reduce the file size (obviously)  :P Great work Dukat .

-MP

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2005, 08:32:38 am »
Gentlemen, I have another suggestion. Since I seem to be the one that does most of the porting and uploading to the site, I have to contact Mr.Cue each time to transfer credits and ships to each of your individual pages. If each of you is willing to trust me, IM, PM or email me each of your respective log in names and passwords and I can log in under them an instantly update each page properly. I understand some of you still use 56k and it takes you forever to upload anything, and I can do it likety-split for ya. Just a thought.

-MP

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2005, 02:24:05 pm »
Sorry to hear about your issues FW, keep ur chin up buddy..

Im now back from Ireland... urgh...  Go on a four month promotion course next week... I will be a sergeant in no time.. however, after that Im off to Iraq again... so i wont be around much...

Dont know when i'll be back... but when I am it will be with a bang... keep up the good work fellas!!  ;D

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2005, 11:36:57 pm »
Stay safe bro.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2006, 09:46:09 am »
Hey F_W you need to make sure all OutaLance members fall under the ask permission first category so we can better protect the work.

-MP

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2006, 01:23:53 pm »
Agreed,
But it is their choice, we also have to protect peoples wishes, aswell as their Models and Ideas.

The inclusion oh a creative commons licence to files using OutaLance as a refeference of ownership (most recent copyright laws states "that you have to be in pocession of the original work" ) but as some modelers that have lost original files, due to various reasons out of thier control or otherwise.

Creative Commons allows for a Valid place of proof of the files been yours i For Example:
-Older dated files with orignal readmes included
-Characterr reference
-Agreement that a certain style of work looks a certain way

Iis also proof enough. And since we work with the model makers, and the people who do the work which is a form of protection in its self as we can spot other peoples work for instance:

WZ has a very clean yet roundish aztec with opposing straight lines (i assume as a counter-protuct of editing textures in the ways that he works.
Or even Azels use of MS paint ot make a very distictive type of texture that uses model parts from alost everryother Azel mesh, as he uses stored  model parts from projects and bashes them together into various designs, making the same componants look like something on one race, is used as something completly differnt of another and because of his attention to the little things with textures and use of other parts. We can spot the work. :P

Besides we camef rom the Taldren  forums and the orignal people who helped us no questions asked were the guys who let us do stuff its how we got started and something i dont want to lose.

Don't forget Atheorhaven's page as well

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2006, 11:20:51 pm »
UPDATE............

Atheorhavens page is now up at OutaLance so you can move your files in Alec.

And guys please give a warm welcome to OutaLances newest member................

SKINMAN
A legend returns  ;D

Skinmans page is also up and ready . Big thanks to MrCue

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2006, 11:19:36 am »
Another UPDATE............

LC AMARAL

has officially joined OutaLance so everyone make them ALL feel at home  ;D

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2006, 10:41:02 pm »
MP you know we have so many old time greats in our group they are starting to outnumber us newbies, Never Bet you wouldnt belive yourself from the past (when you first started downloading mods) if you said you rub sholders with these guys who have been around since we first started, think of all the goodies we get the knowledge of designs and low poly wonder.. hehehehehehe

there may be hope for world domination yet number 1

LOL I am both honored and humbled to be working along side of these legends. I feel like I'm a small part of an ALL-STAR team. NEVER when we first started this with Mani, yourself  and I would I have seen this comming. We just wanted to build models, share them with all the games and collect all the ships for all the games and now look !!!!  I look at the OutaLance home page and it reads of a who's who of the masters. And I'm sure I speak for all the other newer modellers,texturers, bashers and porters of OutaLance when I say you couldn't get any better way to learn all there is to learn about these games from a better group of guys.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
-MP

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2006, 12:58:44 am »
WOOHOO yet another update............

ANDURIL
is GTG, he page is up and runnig, first batch of ships is up. Now for the next few days I'll be scowering around to find anymore of Skinman's, LC's, Andurils, and anyone elses ships that may be floating around and return them to where they should be. On their creators pages  ;D

-MP

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2006, 02:24:29 am »
by the way guys welcome to all the new members i havent had a chance to say it yet in a while.  oh yeah i left a new topic u guys may like to chk it out.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2006, 03:14:16 pm »
Ack...he was my primary converter for SFC. I hope he is going to be ok....got used to his lightning fast conversions, I think Im a bit spoiled lol.
Never let your ego think or act for you..........me.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2006, 10:03:00 pm »
Ack...he was my primary converter for SFC. I hope he is going to be ok....got used to his lightning fast conversions, I think Im a bit spoiled lol.

LOL I'm fine and ready to go  ;D

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2006, 01:06:10 pm »
See... just some attention seeking going on over here  :D      .jk

rofl  ;)