Topic: SFC-Orion Pirates Weapons Data  (Read 338591 times)

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
SFC-Orion Pirates Weapons Data
« on: January 04, 2005, 10:58:57 pm »
[This Topic is Under Reconstruction]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:13:48 pm by Corbomite »

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
Re: SFC-Orion Pirates Weapons Data
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 12:23:39 am »
You da man, Corbo!  ;D
Alliance SAC, SG4 / Alliance SAC, RDSL / Federation A/RM: AOTK, SSII, GW4 / Federation Chief of Staff / Member of the Flying Circus / Alliance Map Guy

Offline Mace

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 08:17:13 am »
WOW!!!   does the suicide fusion REALLY do that much damage?!?!?

yikes, thats a big-ole-bug.  I know the max's in SFB were 13, 19, and 26.  And I thought 26 points max was bad; 38 is just devastating.

Oh yeah, Thanks for putting this back up Corbo.

762_XC

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 10:08:23 pm »
I wouldn't sweat it. Suicide fusions NEVER get used. With 7 points each to arm and 4 to hold, you won't be able to catch your target if you try.

Offline GDA-Agave

• That's MR. Planet Battering Ram to you buddy!!
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
  • Fear my tequila breath!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 12:45:36 pm »
Thanks Corbo.

Its certainly make for a good read.
One of the few, the proud, THE GORN!!
Gorn Dragon Alliance - Protecting Ghdar and the Bruce Way!

Gorn Dragon Templar
"Protecting the roads to Brucedom for all travelers of faith"

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 09:27:47 pm »
:thumbsup:

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 10:02:32 am »
For some reason the charts keep getting corrupted and out of line. I have fixed them twice now, but since it takes a lot of time I need to find a better format or find out why the forum software can't keep it aligned.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 05:38:41 am »
For some reason the charts keep getting corrupted and out of line. I have fixed them twice now, but since it takes a lot of time I need to find a better format or find out why the forum software can't keep it aligned.

Try tables...

Phaser IV:

NOTE: Except for mods, the Phaser IV will only be found on Bases, Planets and certain Monsters.

Range:     0-3     4-5     6     7     8     9     10     11-13     14-17     18-25     26-40     41-70     71-100
Max:     20     20     20     15     12
Min:

etc...

e.g.:
7Rx14C:
Code: [Select]

[table]

[tr]
[td]Range: [/td] [td]    0-3 [/td] [td]    4-5 [/td] [td]    6 [/td] [td]    7 [/td] [td]    8 [/td] [td]    9 [/td] [td]    10 [/td] [td]    11-13 [/td] [td]    14-17 [/td] [td]    18-25 [/td] [td]    26-40 [/td] [td]    41-70 [/td] [td]    71-100 [/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]Max: [/td] [td]    20 [/td] [td]    20 [/td] [td]    20 [/td] [td]    15 [/td] [td]    12 [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[/tr]

[tr]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]Min: [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

could use a few more leading spaces in each cell to space it out more but you get the idea...

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 10:15:15 am »
Cool. I'll have to experiment with that. Thanks Bonk.

Offline Slick

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 10:28:10 am »
Great chart!

If I may humbly submit a correction, though:

Weapon probes do 6 damage, not 8 as listed.

Cheers,
Slick.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 07:27:45 pm »
Great chart!

If I may humbly submit a correction, though:

Weapon probes do 6 damage, not 8 as listed.

Cheers,
Slick.

I noticed that too, but only against ships it seems. If you fire it at a planet it does 8. Not having the code to look at I must default to the listed damage it is supposed to do.

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 11:43:07 pm »
From my dusty memory: Range 16-22 Disruptors do 2 points of damage. Attack probes do only 2 damage to ships (but do 8 to shuttles and missiles).

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 09:03:51 pm »
From my dusty memory: Range 16-22 Disruptors do 2 points of damage. Attack probes do only 2 damage to ships (but do 8 to shuttles and missiles).

I believe you are correct in SFB, but I'm pretty sure Taldren adjusted their chart for DERFACS as a free bonus just like the UIM in the overload bracket.

Attack Probes do 6 points to ships and 8 to planets for sure, I tested it.

Its good to see you around here again Tar!   :)

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 05:44:25 pm »
OK, its been a long time since I did any straightening out in here. Here is a list of changes, edits and additions:

1) New layout with Arming Rates and weapons grouped by type/function. Charts have been reorganized or replaced to (hopefully) fix the fun house mirror drifting problems.

2) New charts including: ECM/ECCM, Cloaking Device and Ship Explosion/Self Destruction.

3) Amended charts for accuracy: Phaser X, Fusion Suicide Overload and Attack Probes.

4) Amended/Expanded notes for accuracy including (but not limited to): Hellbores, Plasma and Attack Probes.

Enjoy!!  :D   <------- My eyes after looking at this stuff for days and days...and days...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 01:20:08 pm by Corbomite »

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 09:11:44 pm »
I seem to remember the AMD-12 taking 2 turns to reload, and the Plas-D 1.33 turns. The idea is that these devices can load 3 "spaces" of munitions per turn, AMD's being 1/2 space items and Plas-D as 1-space items.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 07:42:54 am »
I seem to remember the AMD-12 taking 2 turns to reload, and the Plas-D 1.33 turns. The idea is that these devices can load 3 "spaces" of munitions per turn, AMD's being 1/2 space items and Plas-D as 1-space items.

I didn't notice any significant differences in loading times for these items. I will slow down the clock and take a better look.

Thanks Tar!

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 08:57:04 am »
Confirmed: AMD6, AMD12 and Plasma D all rearm in one turn as soon as the entire Hardpoint is empty as compared to a PH-1, which is a known quantity. You will see them jump to a "Ready to Fire" state immediately (Hardpoint all filled in) if the weapon is not totally discharged after firing, but the slow "crawl" to reload definitely takes one turn.

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 09:29:00 am »
Hehe, giving this chart a thorough lookthru, now I see what they mean by "Magic Photons" with the 83-67-33% hit rates, instead of the 67-50-33% in the original manual.  :)

I also noticed what Tar said about the R16-R22 disruptors. When I tried firing one shot at the AI in skirmish mode and then quit, the debriefing screen said total damage scored to enemy was 2. I can check it again, though, that was a little while ago.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 09:43:20 am »
Testing fighter PH-2's right now. I will test Disruptors and get back to you.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 10:00:07 am »
Confirmed: 16-22 Disruptor does 2 points of damage. Chart amended. I did that chart a long time ago. I must have read the ranges wrong in my test because I'm pretty sure I defended that call from my notes and never bothered to retest it. My bad!  :-[