Topic: SFC-Orion Pirates Weapons Data  (Read 338580 times)

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
Re: SFC-Orion Pirates Weapons Data
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2009, 09:18:39 am »
I don't know how to do it myself and I can't even find phaser textures of any kind in the Textures file. They might be part of the Sprites file in which case we can't do what I proposed. Chris Jones was the one I remember changing out weapons textures for his UAW mod I think.

Weapon textures are not in the Sprite file.  The UI image for them are tho.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2009, 10:40:55 am »
I don't know how to do it myself and I can't even find phaser textures of any kind in the Textures file. They might be part of the Sprites file in which case we can't do what I proposed. Chris Jones was the one I remember changing out weapons textures for his UAW mod I think.

The heavy phaser textures (both A and B) are the same as the other phasers, in the FX1.BMP file -- the white rectangle below and between the blue and red rings. To be sure, I scribbled a bunch of black over the white texture and tried firing the heavy phasers in the game. They appeared all broken up (actually kind of like the phaser bursts in ST2).

The problem with the phaser textures is that changing the color changes the color for every different type of phaser, and that is for all races. It would be awesome to have different color beams across the races but maybe that is possible later on.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2009, 04:23:27 pm »
Ahh I see. That's why the Mauler textures are the same except for the beam width and definition. Well, we wouldn't need to change the texture/color of the Heavy Phasers, just direct the game to use that texture for TR Beams as well as Heavy Phasers. The file may have to be copied and renamed to do that.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 10:13:20 pm »
For anyone who is interested, here is the OP Weapons Tiddlywiki by Jonnan with the Tractor-Repulsor Beam info added in.

Offline Jonnan

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2009, 08:10:39 pm »
TiddlyWiki has evidently updated a few bug-fixes, and I updated a couple of GUI decisions in my modification - This is all the same Info as before (And thank you for the Tractor/Repulsor info BTW) in a slightly more configurable wrapper.

Enjoy

Jonnan

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2012, 12:16:03 am »
Thanks for this handy browser-based weapon info.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2015, 03:20:56 pm »
After all these years, an update on this wiki: the range charts on the Ph-A & Ph-B were in error in the above versions.

Fixed here:

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2015, 07:06:30 pm »
We can update the Cloaking Device info in the wiki. A cloaked ship that is tractored in Orion Pirates does not lose its misery chart protection: 33% normal damage, 33% half damage, 33% quarter damage.

The 67% normal damage, 33% half damage row in the wiki is maybe from Commander's Edition or for some optional rule(?)

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2019, 03:05:33 pm »
Type-IV MIRV data is incorrect in the wiki. That's how the weapon should work, but it doesn't.

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163396728.msg1123055848.html#msg1123055848

Feedback damage values for overloaded Heavy Photon and Heavy Disruptor are the same as plain overloaded Photon(4) and Disruptor(2).

The SFC_Editor can adjust feedback. It can't fix the large MIRV.