Topic: USS Valiant......Ready for SFC Conversion.....but wait!!??!!  (Read 785 times)

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
USS Valiant......Ready for SFC Conversion.....but wait!!??!!
« on: January 09, 2005, 01:50:44 am »
Right then people. I dont' usually make very many high poly models (in fact this is my third in around 4 years of dabbling with models). Be advised as well that I do not make my own textures (call it a failing if you like), but my reference material is such that my reproductions are pretty accurate to the original. I would at this point like to thank jorg gerlach (even though he may never see this thread), for making the original that mine is based on, and also to Andrew J Hodges for hosting Jorg's plush model. Without these two I doubt this would have been made by me.

Anyway. A few details. The model is 5092 polys so I would class this as medium (well to me it is anyway), and uses 2 1024*1024 pixel sized TGA's as the texture files. Total time for modelling is around 15 hours spread over about a week. Textures are produced from some nice renderings of the original model.

Finally, before the images, and as I said in the WIP thread this is going to be solely for SFC based games and I'm giving this to Outlance Shipyards for conversion/hosting purposes, so don't go expecting to see it anywhere else, or converted to any other game format. For now. Heres a few shots.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
Re: USS Valiant......Ready for SFC Conversion.....but wait!!??!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 02:04:46 am »
Hmmm... excellent, but what would it look like after conversion to SFC format?

Offline stewiedude

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: USS Valiant......Ready for SFC Conversion.....but wait!!??!!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 06:50:15 am »
iTS LOOKS good so far.. is it finished?